PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Ernesto Thread

NewEra8
08-29-2006, 06:07 PM
So how is it down there in Miami... any rain or wind yet?

d-day
08-29-2006, 06:16 PM
just starting to feel a few squalls here in ft myers

rob19
08-29-2006, 06:30 PM
not too bad down here im miami, raining alot though...

Mephistopheles
08-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Sort of windy. It has only been sprinkling.

Baxter
08-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Raining like crazy here and pretty windy.... no hurricanes though. :rolleyes2

I do live in tornado alley. get alot of those here. In missouri I am a little south of springfield I think its in the 11-15 range.http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/08/frequency-1.gif

Dors156
08-29-2006, 07:03 PM
be safe down there all

NewEra8
08-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Yeah, deff. be careful down there... also, when does Miami play Floriday State?

Noodle Arm
08-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Looks like Ernesto's turning out to be a dud...but I'm not complaining. it's falling apart and ragged.

Baxter
08-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Looks like Ernesto's turning out to be a dud...but I'm not complaining. it's falling apart and ragged.:woot: good news.

Mike13
08-29-2006, 07:47 PM
There is some wind and rain over here.

CharlestonPhan
08-29-2006, 08:05 PM
i am glad to hear Ernesto isnt much of a storm so far and that y'all are avoiding it...

:fire: though i wish someone down there would call up here to Charleston and inform these idiots. i just got done watching a 45 minute news conference with all the local powers-that-be strutting around like banty-roosters, and they actually issued a voluntary EVACUATION order and closed the schools at a half day tomorrow. i swear i am not making that up.

i realize the storm is possibly going to go back over open water, and it may in fact grow in strength a bit, but geez. the weatherman geeks and politicians having been drooling over the first significant storm of the season, so they can pull this garbage.

sorry for the rant, but the last big hurricane evacuation snafu here was for hurricane floyd back in 1999. they ordered a mandatory evacuation. my grandfather was in poor health at the time, but not acutely suffering from anything, so he couldnt be checked into a local hospital.

long story short; we ended up on a 23 hour bumper to bumper car ride with the entire lowcountry of SC to escape "the big one." we got to our destination in the upstate (normally a 3 hour drive) and checked into the hotel exhausted. ten minutes later my grandfather had a heart attack. he lingered for three weeks before dying.

hurricane floyd subjected Charleston to 40 mph winds, btw, and less than 2 inches of rain. my brothers fire station never lost power, nor did my house. we left for nothing, and the trip killed my grandfather. :fire:

i have absolutely no patience for these government idiots, at their "operation command center," with their city logo'd rain jackets, showing off their toys.

bastid
08-31-2006, 12:35 AM
Hey guys, i was wondering if ernesto was as bad as everyone was hyping it up to be because im in wilmington nc and the way it looks now from the current swath is that its supposed to come right up the cape fear river here and ive been through several hurricanes(fran for one) but i was wondering if there was any damage that it caused that anyone saw or could report

Coral Reefer
08-31-2006, 12:37 AM
Hey guys, i was wondering if ernesto was as bad as everyone was hyping it up to be because im in wilmington nc and the way it looks now from the current swath is that its supposed to come right up the cape fear river here and ive been through several hurricanes(fran for one) but i was wondering if there was any damage that it caused that anyone saw or could report

Nothing, it was a complete dud here.
That does NOT mean it won't be harmful to your area.

These storms change constantly so don't base anything on what happened here.

bastid
08-31-2006, 12:39 AM
yeah i was just wondering because when it made landfall i think it was a tropical storm and i just looked and ALREADY its been upgraded to a storm from a depression that it was earlier today.. i was just wondering if it was just rain for the most part down there or if anyone got some pretty good gusts

Winbaby#23
08-31-2006, 12:42 AM
yeah i was just wondering because when it made landfall i think it was a tropical storm and i just looked and ALREADY its been upgraded to a storm from a depression that it was earlier today.. i was just wondering if it was just rain for the most part down there or if anyone got some pretty good gustsif it stays a tropical storm you have nothing to be worried about.. it will be nothing but a bad thunderstorm

Coral Reefer
08-31-2006, 12:43 AM
yeah i was just wondering because when it made landfall i think it was a tropical storm and i just looked and ALREADY its been upgraded to a storm from a depression that it was earlier today.. i was just wondering if it was just rain for the most part down there or if anyone got some pretty good gusts

I really got neither.

spotty rain and no gusts above 30.
Actually we had worse weather after the system moved well north of us.

Again though, what happened here has no bearing on how strong that little culo Ernesto will be when and if it hits you.

Good luck to you.

The Big Kyboski
08-31-2006, 01:05 AM
Just some rain, no wind gusts here in Orlando. You'll be fine as long as you're not living in a cardboard box.

Alex44
08-31-2006, 01:15 AM
It was a joke....I live pretty close to the ocean and it didnt take long to get to me. I didnt even know it started, let alone ended.

bastid
08-31-2006, 01:37 AM
haha yeah i figured it wasnt much... ive been through several myself(not as much as yall ex. andrew, katrina) but ive been through fran and that was the biggest one that did significant damage here out of all of them that ive been through besides heavy flooding

NewEra8
08-31-2006, 05:17 AM
Anybody end up with a whale in their back yard?

retired opfinistic
08-31-2006, 09:13 AM
I hope when it makes landfall in the carolinas iit's as much as a non-event as it was here. good luck.

Mike13
08-31-2006, 01:20 PM
Here's alittle update for all of you in the Carolinas:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14565749/?GT1=8404

Stay safe, Cuba won't be able to castrate this storm for you.