PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready to use my DEAD RISING game as a coaster!

Pagan
08-31-2006, 10:02 AM
Have you ever played a game this freakin' HARD??? Geebus, I can't STAND having to start from the beginning every time!!! :fire:

Has anyone faced the clown with the chainsaws yet? How the hell do ya beat that guy?????

mor911
08-31-2006, 10:12 AM
It gets that hard? I've got to rent it to give the full game a try.

Pagan
08-31-2006, 11:32 AM
It gets that hard? I've got to rent it to give the full game a try.
Bro, it's psycho. When you get killed you keep all your attributes, but you have to start the 72 hours all over again. No picking up where you left off.

And the boss characters are ridiculous. You take 4 shots and you're done, but you can blast the guy 20 times and his health meter barely moves. The clown comes at you with a flamethrower and two chainsaws, and while you're trying to kill him you have to be aware that you're on a platform with a roller coaster gone amuck. You focus too much on the clown and a car comes along and wipes you out. :fire:

mor911
08-31-2006, 11:35 AM
but you have to start the 72 hours all over again. No picking up where you left off. That would REALLY piss me off in a game... Imagine you're at the very end of a game and died. F that.

Pagan
08-31-2006, 11:43 AM
That would REALLY piss me off in a game... Imagine you're at the very end of a game and died. F that.
Exactly...I've gotten two days into the 72 hours and got broadsided and died and had to go through everything again.

Thankfully they let you bypass the cutscenes. Still, it's f'ing annoying and makes you not want to play the game again.

mor911
08-31-2006, 11:45 AM
It sounds like some sick way of extending the gameplay time.... again, F that.

Silverphin
08-31-2006, 12:25 PM
It sounds like some sick way of extending the gameplay time.... again, F that.

Maybe you should give the game the "Nintedo DS" treatment. :wink:

Majpain
08-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Man Dead Rising is hard. Played the demo and holy crap. Also played SR and damn thats a fun game. Spent a hour just running from the po po's :D

UltraDol-Fan
09-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Hey Pagan, if you want to get rid of it I'll PM you my address :wink:

I still want to get it but don't have the money to drop 60 bucks on a new game since I just bought an '85 RX7 to play around with

Stitches
09-01-2006, 09:55 AM
Hey Pagan, if you want to get rid of it I'll PM you my address :wink:

I still want to get it but don't have the money to drop 60 bucks on a new game since I just bought an '85 RX7 to play around with

*drools*at the thought of an '85 Rx-7.

UltraDol-Fan
09-01-2006, 09:57 AM
here she is...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/09/dscn0508vy4-1.jpg

Stitches
09-01-2006, 09:58 AM
here she is...

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/7757/dscn0508vy4.jpg

I wants it......my precious....

Phin-o-rama
09-01-2006, 11:12 AM
pagan....are you using the save spots?

i don't have the game but i was talking to the dude in ebgames yesterday (while picking up saint's row btw) and he has dead rising and said that he loves it and has beat it...

i brought up the complaints (your not the only one) about how it is difficult and the save points suck or w/e...he said thats because people try to 'rescue' too many people w/o saving and they don't bring enough food or w/e....he said somethng about saving in the bathrooms...i honestly dont know lol...just tryin to help :confused:

Majpain
09-01-2006, 11:24 AM
There is no save point in the game? Wow talk about stupid.

Dors156
09-01-2006, 01:57 PM
wow i didnt know that game would be hard

Pagan
09-01-2006, 04:13 PM
pagan....are you using the save spots?

i don't have the game but i was talking to the dude in ebgames yesterday (while picking up saint's row btw) and he has dead rising and said that he loves it and has beat it...

i brought up the complaints (your not the only one) about how it is difficult and the save points suck or w/e...he said thats because people try to 'rescue' too many people w/o saving and they don't bring enough food or w/e....he said somethng about saving in the bathrooms...i honestly dont know lol...just tryin to help :confused:
I save all the time Phin...but it doesn't save the GAME, it save your stats. Once you shut off the machine, you have to start from square one all over again, only with your updated abilities.

You can't pick up where you left off.

Phin-o-rama
09-01-2006, 04:23 PM
ew

edit: so i mean ur like reading all the books to increase how long ur weapons last and stuff? sounds very difficult.

N-A
09-03-2006, 10:47 PM
I save all the time Phin...but it doesn't save the GAME, it save your stats. Once you shut off the machine, you have to start from square one all over again, only with your updated abilities.

Actually you can pick up where you left off. You only get the one save slot though so if you overwrite a save that you care about, you may have to start over.

To beat Adam the Clown, btw, don't just fight him on the rollercoaster platforms. He'll chase you all ove the mall. Every now and then, he'll stop to blow up a balloon, shoot the balloon and it will stun him. Shoot him some more and keep doing that until he's dead.

Then you get to use his chainsaws. :D

Majpain
09-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Another hard game is 3N. Jeez played the demo and I cant beat the mission. BTW the Voice acting is awful in that game.

#84Fan4Life
09-03-2006, 10:59 PM

Also, just to add to N-A's post when you die you should just select Load Game and NOT the save and quit part. I accidently did the save and quit and it screwed me the same way you are talking about, taking me back to the start of the game. It really pisses me off too.:fire:

If someone is having problems with Adam the Clown I suggest going to the bookstore in Wonderland (same area as Adam) and saving the Japanese tourist. You have to find the book to translate to their language and talk to them. They will follow you after a little bit and they will shoot Adam during the fight which helped me out a lot.

Sethdaddy8
09-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Just save your game, and when you die, dont do the 72 hour mode, just restart/load game. Its not that hard. And just skip the clown with the chainsaw fight, he's not too relevant to the story line. just worry about the case files.

burton87
09-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Have you ever played a game this freakin' HARD??? Geebus, I can't STAND having to start from the beginning every time!!! :fire:

Has anyone faced the clown with the chainsaws yet? How the hell do ya beat that guy?????

Get the Mini-gun from the convicts in the jeep, then carry it all the way to the rollercoaster, it kills him in about 3 seconds. Just make sure to target the ballons. They stun him.

Pagan
09-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Actually you can pick up where you left off. You only get the one save slot though so if you overwrite a save that you care about, you may have to start over.

You can pick up where you left off [i]if you don't shut off the XBox. As soon as you leave the game for the day, you have to start over. When you boot up again, you start with the same attributes, but at the beginning of the 72 hours...or am I missing something?

As for the clown...finally beat him. The kaitana works wonders on him too. :D