PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Stats - Impressive

mor911
08-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Microsoft released some XBL stats. Some of them are pretty impressive.

The Xbox Live Marketplace just passed 50 million downloads. That is double the 25 million mark from just three months ago.
In the first week of Madden '07 releasing, Xbox Live members unlocked over 600,000 achivements and hosted more then 2-million hours of Madden gameplay.
More than 50 million downloads of gaming and entertainment content from Xbox Live Marketplace to date
Over 2 billion hours spent on Xbox Live by gamers across the globe since the launch of the Xbox Live online gaming network in November 2002
More than 60 percent of Xbox 360 owners are connected to Xbox Live
1,300,000 text and voice messages are sent via Xbox Live every day. Currently totaling half a billion sent messages between the Xbox Live community per year, this figure is set to explode with the launch of the Xbox Live Vision camera on September 19, 2006 in the U.S.
65 per cent of all connected consoles already downloading and playing Xbox Live Arcade titles
Over 8 million downloads of Xbox Live Arcade games following the launch of Xbox 360Those are some crazy high numbers. I didn't think there were so many. Anyhow, I just wanted to share. It's on major nelson's site: http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/08/31/Over-50-Million-Marketplace-downloads-served.aspx

xDOLPHINSx
08-31-2006, 04:05 PM
wow. 1.3 mil messages sent a day. I'm wondering what that camera is going to mean to xbl. Things could get interesting.

King Felix
09-01-2006, 04:47 AM
a camera....great........thers gonna be some nasty stuff or something and im gonna be playing in the front room where my mom is :shakeno:

Alex44
09-01-2006, 04:48 AM
a camera....great........thers gonna be some nasty stuff or something and im gonna be playing in the front room where my mom is :shakeno:

Get really good at madden, find a hot girl that plays, and challenge her to some 'strip madden' :lol:

mor911
09-01-2006, 08:53 AM
I don't know how the whole camera situation works, but Microsoft is pretty good at spearheading possible issues (like you playing gainst someone who's picture is their rear end) this this before it's released. More than likely, there will be some sort of 'turn off custom camera pictures' feature. At least I hope so. It'd be dumb not to. Because then we'll see the swastikas, the butts, and god knows what else.

Stitches
09-01-2006, 09:57 AM
I don't know how the whole camera situation works, but Microsoft is pretty good at spearheading possible issues (like you playing gainst someone who's picture is their rear end) this this before it's released. More than likely, there will be some sort of 'turn off custom camera pictures' feature. At least I hope so. It'd be dumb not to. Because then we'll see the swastikas, the butts, and god knows what else.

Maybe we'll see butts with swastikas on them, or swastikas with butts on them. Man I hope so.