PDA

View Full Version : Let's breakdown the Steeler's "championship"

DolfanTom
08-31-2006, 04:09 PM
OK, the Steelers won the big game, yadda yadda yadda, get over it. But just for S's and G's, let's take a good look at their road to "victory".

1 - After getting their A$$'s handed to them for a quarter, the Steelers benefit from the best QB in the AFC (yes, better than Peyton, I think) goes down to a freak injury. Surprise, surprise, that causes the Bengals to collapse. Gee ... ya think! If Palmer stays in, the Steelers are left reeling from a 15-point loss, first round, done!

2 - That DB's girlfriend shoots him in the leg right before the game. Miraculously still able to play, that causes him to be slightly less quick when trying to return a fumble back 99 yards for a TD, allowing 'berger to make a "tackle". If they guy hadn't been shot (is that too much to ask?), game over, Colts win!

3 - While the Seahawks didn't play well themselves, the refs really put on a show for this one. How any reasonable person can not understand that they affected the game, I really don't know!

Yep, really impressive eh! Not exactly the '85 Bears, is it.

Now that the Steeler season of luck is over, reality sets in on 9/7!

The year of the fish starts in one week :dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

Steel954
08-31-2006, 04:14 PM
OK, the Steelers won the big game, yadda yadda yadda, get over it. But just for S's and G's, let's take a good look at their road to "victory".

1 - After getting their A$$'s handed to them for a quarter, the Steelers benefit from the best QB in the AFC (yes, better than Peyton, I think) goes down to a freak injury. Surprise, surprise, that causes the Bengals to collapse. Gee ... ya think! If Palmer stays in, the Steelers are left reeling from a 15-point loss, first round, done!

2 - That DB's girlfriend shoots him in the leg right before the game. Miraculously still able to play, that causes him to be slightly less quick when trying to return a fumble back 99 yards for a TD, allowing 'berger to make a "tackle". If they guy hadn't been shot (is that too much to ask?), game over, Colts win!

3 - While the Seahawks didn't play well themselves, the refs really put on a show for this one. How any reasonable person can not understand that they affected the game, I really don't know!

Yep, really impressive eh! Not exactly the '85 Bears, is it.

Now that the Steeler season of luck is over, reality sets in on 9/7!

The year of the fish starts in one week :dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

Are you sure you're not a Sissynatti or Seahag fan? Save the whining until after the Black and Gold stomp all over the fish next Thursday.

DolfanTom
08-31-2006, 04:18 PM
Are you sure you're not a Sissynatti or Seahag fan? Save the whining until after the Black and Gold stomp all over the fish next Thursday.
I usally don't whine over one - heck, even two of these things happening, but three? C'mon, the Stifflers were perhaps the luckiest SB champ in history - by a long shot!!

When we beat down Punkedburgh next week, you'll realize your luck has run out.

EBMisfit
08-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Are you sure you're not a Sissynatti or Seahag fan? Save the whining until after the Black and Gold stomp all over the fish next Thursday.Yeah, only RefsStealSeahawksBlind954 can whine before the game. So there!

retired opfinistic
08-31-2006, 04:21 PM
Are you sure you're not a Sissynatti or Seahag fan? Save the whining until after the Black and Gold stomp all over the fish next Thursday.Save your terrible towel to wipe away the terrible tears of defeat from your eyes. Black and Gold are gonna be black and blue in thee ketchup bottle.

fin1
08-31-2006, 04:21 PM

Enjoy your present cause that's what it was but I guess you and your sissy a ss O'Donnell gave away one to Dallas back in the day.

Steel954
08-31-2006, 04:22 PM
[quote=DolfanTom]I usally don't whine over one - heck, even two of these things happening, but three? C'mon, the Stifflers were perhaps the luckiest SB champ in history - by a long shot!!

When we beat down Punkedburgh next week, you'll realize your luck has run out.[/quote

Wishing and hoping and hoping and dreaming......sucks for the fish that they have to start the season against the World Champions, but at least you guys can take some solace in the fact that its a loss against the NFL's best.

retired opfinistic
08-31-2006, 04:29 PM
Wishing and hoping and hoping and dreaming......sucks for the fish that they have to start the season against the World Champions, but at least you guys can take some solace in the fact that its a loss against the NFL's best.Sucks when Cowher's last season starts 0-1 and you guys spend the rest of the season playing 'ketchup' with the bungles!

EBMisfit
08-31-2006, 04:30 PM
at least you guys can take some solace in the fact that its a loss against the NFL's best.At least, when the refs are helping them....

Link
08-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Ummm... This is pretty funny... You come in here saying we will loose when your starting runningback from that team that "won" the super bowl is retired, your first string receiver is very questionable and your second string receiver from that glorious team is now with the redskins? And that is just the offense. Need I mention your looses on defense with no one of comparable ability taking their places? Please don't kid yourself.

Perfect23
08-31-2006, 04:48 PM
Sucks when Cowher's last season starts 0-1 and you guys spend the rest of the season playing 'ketchup' with the bungles!

Im not to sure about that but it was pretty funny

retired opfinistic
08-31-2006, 04:49 PM
Im not to sure about that but it was pretty funny:lol:

Phinlivin'in703
08-31-2006, 04:51 PM
http://www.jackieandbender.com/benpicture3.jpg

nuff said...

Perfect23
08-31-2006, 04:53 PM

nuff said...

please help me out bro

retired opfinistic
08-31-2006, 04:54 PM

nuff said...Pre-gaming.

BwanaZulia
08-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Wow, a team goes into the playoffs, beats the best 3 teams in football on the road and wins the Super Bowl and you are saying it was refs and injuries?

Amazing.

I am sure this has nothing to do with the fact that the Dolphins are playing them in one week.

It will be an interesting game, but I don't think that Steelers D is going to let Daunte do much.

BZ

DolfanTom
08-31-2006, 05:54 PM
Wow, a team goes into the playoffs, beats the best 3 teams in football on the road and wins the Super Bowl and you are saying it was refs and injuries?

Amazing.

I am sure this has nothing to do with the fact that the Dolphins are playing them in one week.

It will be an interesting game, but I don't think that Steelers D is going to let Daunte do much.

BZ
Gee, ya think it has something to do w/ us playing the Stifflers?? Maybe, just maybe??

Dude, did you watch the playoffs last year? Did you not see the luck the breaks the Steelers got on the way to victory. Hey, they won - no doubt and they deserve the championship, but c'mon!

Mike13
08-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Wishing and hoping and hoping and dreaming

Are you wishng and hoping and dreaming that your team can have somekind of a runnng game?