PDA

View Full Version : Underrated Guitarists attn:FFICali

Jaydog57
08-31-2006, 10:26 PM
I know everybody who loves music has a musician who they feel is not getting the respect they deserve. I think one who has never gotten enough credit is Ry Cooder. I just listened to an album called 'Jammin With Edward' from'72. Cooder played on a few Rolling Stones albums in the late 60's-70's. For the 'Let it Bleed' album in '69, Keith Richards wouldn't get out of bed so Mick and the guys just jammed for the day. FFICali, you gotta check that one out. Anybody else who likes good blues jams with hardly any vocals that go on for 15 minutes, you should check it out. :peace::dolphins: :peace:

Anybody else got an underrated guitarist whe should know about?:confused:

d-day
08-31-2006, 10:31 PM
I know everybody who loves music has a musician who they feel is not getting the respect they deserve. I think one who has never gotten enough credit is Ry Cooder. I just listened to an album called 'Jammin With Edward' from'72. Cooder played on a few Rolling Stones albums in the late 60's-70's. For the 'Let it Bleed' album in '69, Keith Richards wouldn't get out of bed so Mick and the guys just jammed for the day. FFICali, you gotta check that one out. Anybody else who likes good blues jams with hardly any vocals that go on for 15 minutes, you should check it out. :peace::dolphins: :peace:

Anybody else got an underrated guitarist whe should know about?:confused:

same band - same time - mick taylor - great slide player - my favorite stones era

btw - monkey man - best.guitar.riff.ever.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-31-2006, 10:59 PM

Anybody else got an underrated guitarist whe should know about?:confused:Will do bro!:wink:

Jaydog57
08-31-2006, 11:02 PM
Will do bro!:wink:If you can't find it, I can burn it and send it to you (whoops, that's illegal) :rolleyes:

Pagan
08-31-2006, 11:19 PM
I've said it befvore and I'll say it again...most underrated guitarist ever = Lindsay Buckingham.

The man blew my mind on the last live Fleetwood Mac DVD.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-31-2006, 11:20 PM
I've said it befvore and I'll say it again...most underrated guitarist ever = Lindsay Buckingham.

The man blew my mind on the last live Fleetwood Mac DVD.I agree bro, he kicks butt on that DVD.

d-day
08-31-2006, 11:21 PM
michael sweet most underrated glam/metal guitarist ever!

Mike13
08-31-2006, 11:24 PM
Tom Morello, and that guy from Black Sabbath. I always forget his name.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Andrew Goldman of Nonpoint is one my favs of late.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-31-2006, 11:28 PM
Tom Morello, and that guy from Black Sabbath. I always forget his name.That would be Mr. Iommi.:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-31-2006, 11:29 PM
If you are looking for tandems, then I would say the boys from Queensryche.:wink:

Mike13
08-31-2006, 11:29 PM
That would be Mr. Iommi.:wink:

Ahh there we go.

Pagan
09-01-2006, 07:58 AM
Ahh there we go.
No way is Iommi underrated. He's regarded as the King of the Riff. Everyone knows how good he is. :wink:

Buddwalk
09-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Most underrated is Brian May from queen hands down...the guy simply makes his guitar sing