PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner Question

Jt0323
08-31-2006, 11:32 PM
http://www.timewarnercable.com/corporate/your_nfl.html (http://www.finheaven.com:80/boardvb2/)
time warner cable has a NFL package... this is what it says

We know you love football-which is why, as a Time Warner Cable customer, you’ll enjoy a ton of NFL games this season, many available in High Definition. That includes every single one of your home-team games, whether played at home or away, as
well as many other NFL games.
now i was wondering dose this mean, me living in NY i get to watch dolphins games?

like2god
09-01-2006, 12:25 AM
Good question, I would like to know as well.

WeVie
09-01-2006, 01:17 AM
Of course not. What is means is you can watch your local teams IF you have one. They do not have a NFL package because Direct TV has Sunday Ticket and they are the only ones. Think about it. Your local channels will have the local team if you have one. Most networks have a double header so you get four games Sunday day and one Sunday night and one Monday night. That is six games a week so that is enough for them to say "a ton" of NFL games.

If you want to watch the Phins, why not get Direct TV? They give you the equipment and the programming does not cost much more if any more than cable. Sunday Ticket it $200 which you can pay in four or five payments. It's only $200 for all sixteen Dolphin games! That is less than $17 a month. Are your Phins not worth $17 a month? Most of us could save that much is loose change a month.

Make the switch and never miss another Dolphin game again!
Wow Direct TV should pay me an endorsement fee.

unifiedtheory
09-01-2006, 01:20 AM
Of course not. What is means is you can watch your local teams IF you have one. They do not have a NFL package because Direct TV has Sunday Ticket and they are the only ones. Think about it. Your local channels will have the local team if you have one. Most networks have a double header so you get four games Sunday day and one Sunday night and one Monday night. That is six games a week so that is enough for them to say "a ton" of NFL games.

If you want to watch the Phins, why not get Direct TV? They give you the equipment and the programming does not cost much more if any more than cable. Sunday Ticket it $200 which you can pay in four or five payments. It's only $200 for all sixteen Dolphin games! That is less than $17 a month. Are your Phins not worth $17 a month? Most of us could save that much is loose change a month.

Make the switch and never miss another Dolphin game again!
Wow Direct TV should pay me an endorsement fee.

Or you could live in Canada and get Sunday Ticket for $29.99 a month for 4 months....ON CABLE.

Amars
09-01-2006, 03:00 AM
Or you could live in Canada and get Sunday Ticket for $29.99 a month for 4 months....ON CABLE.

WHAT:fire: :fire: :fire: You get that kinda deal because of your canadian address. That Bull**** by directTV. Just another way corporate companies are overcharging americans. The same thing with prescription drugs.

HysterikiLL
09-01-2006, 05:29 AM
I just buy a season subscription on pontel. 30 bucks a game in my $$'s...I get them sent on DVD within the week. Love 'em, but pontel doesn't ship to the U.S. :D

WeVie
09-01-2006, 01:05 PM
WHAT:fire: :fire: :fire: You get that kinda deal because of your canadian address. That Bull**** by directTV. Just another way corporate companies are overcharging americans. The same thing with prescription drugs.

I have read about that before and all I can say is lucky you and what a load of crap for us in the US.

I think what they should do here is let you buy it buy the game or buy the team. I think if they did it like that, it would be more affordable for everyone to watch there favorite team and I also think that way they would make way more money. They could sell each game for $10.99 or so and it would be great!

Roman529
09-01-2006, 02:14 PM
OR you could do what I do....go to a sportsbar and watch EVERY nfl game at the same time. The bar down the street from me shows two games on their big screens and then every other game on 35 inch sets. I can watch my Phins and also watch the other teams and see how my fantasy football players are doing. I usually spend between $10-$25 there every Sunday but it is worth it.

WeVie
09-01-2006, 07:01 PM
OR you could do what I do....go to a sportsbar and watch EVERY nfl game at the same time. The bar down the street from me shows two games on their big screens and then every other game on 35 inch sets. I can watch my Phins and also watch the other teams and see how my fantasy football players are doing. I usually spend between $10-$25 there every Sunday but it is worth it.

well, for me I would rather sit in my house on my couch in front of my HD big screen. Not only that I live in a very small place where we don't have a sports bar.

jdang307
09-01-2006, 08:04 PM

You're a bit wrong on that point. Cox in my area has an NFL package, it just really really sucks. It's not the full package as the sunday ticket (which is gold btw). Just some extra games. Not worth it really.

Sunday Ticket is where it's at!

WeVie
09-02-2006, 02:54 AM
You're a bit wrong on that point. Cox in my area has an NFL package, it just really really sucks. It's not the full package as the sunday ticket (which is gold btw). Just some extra games. Not worth it really.

Sunday Ticket is where it's at!

What kind of package is it? I did'nt realize any cable had any package. How many games do you get a week?