PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins...dumbest team in NFL??

OSUDauby
09-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Geeze...how many times can someone from the Dolphins get busted for substance abuse? This is the 3rd player in a little over a year to get busted. (Am I missing anyone?)

David Boston
Ricky Williams
Sammy Morris

It's time to start more strict punishments.

(And no this isn't my first post...so, don't welcome me to the boards. I forgot my old username/password.)

little24
09-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Geeze...how many times can someone from the Dolphins get busted for substance abuse? This is the 3rd player in a little over a year to get busted. (Am I missing anyone?)

David Boston
Ricky Williams
Sammy Morris

(And no this isn't my first post...so, don't welcome me to the boards. I forgot my old username/password.)

I think Kevin Donnely played for us and he was just named in a steroid scandal with the Panthers.

dolfn66
09-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Once again get all the facts before you condemn someone.

HybridPHIN 23
09-01-2006, 08:33 AM
you can only control your players so much they're not robots....... yet

And welcome aboard Newb

Stitches
09-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Did you not read that Sammy tested positive because of a prescribed ingestion of Sudafed? I'm glad you pay attention.

And, I think 4 games is pretty strict for a first offense, when some of the stuff is just OCT drugs that normal people use every day.

OSUDauby
09-01-2006, 08:40 AM
you can only control your players so much they're not robots....... yet

What about every other team ?????

You are right...the Dolphins aren't the only team doing it. They are just the only team that seems to get their hands caught in the cookie jar the most. I do know about the Panthers ordeal, but the Fins are ALWAYS in the thick of some major crap. A lot of the blame falls on Ricky--and he should be kicked out the league FOREVER, let alone another suspension.

Schleprock
09-01-2006, 08:41 AM
You people believing it was "just Sudafed" are funny.

If it was "just Sudafed" and was logged and testified to by the trainers, he would have passed his appeal. The NFL is not some Devilish Beast, I am sure they are open to OTC mistakes and it's pretty easy to spot. Obviously in this case it wasn't, and it wasn't "just Sudafed".

OSUDauby
09-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Did you not read that Sammy tested positive because of a prescribed ingestion of Sudafed? I'm glad you pay attention.

And, I think 4 games is pretty strict for a first offense, when some of the stuff is just OCT drugs that normal people use every day.

Well, it's good to see that you are so naieve. Many drugs like sudafed are MASKING agents for preformance enchancing drugs, HGH, EPO's, etc...

dolfanmark
09-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Miami has just been unlucky with guys getting caught. Every team has numerous players using PEDs.

OSUDauby
09-01-2006, 08:47 AM
See three post up dolfanmark.

TDIS1
09-01-2006, 08:57 AM
I would have to tend to agree that if Sammy was
prescribed by the trainer a substance they knew he could test positive for the NFL probably would
not be suspending him. In that case I think it puts
us in a bad way in the running back department.
We have two running backs suspended for drugs. ugh. Does anyone know if Stephen Davis signed
with anyone? :fire:

islandah
09-01-2006, 09:04 AM

If it was "just Sudafed" and was logged and testified to by the trainers, he would have passed his appeal. The NFL is not some Devilish Beast, I am sure they are open to OTC mistakes and it's pretty easy to spot. Obviously in this case it wasn't, and it wasn't "just Sudafed".

Also, didn't we learn with Ricky that you don't get a 4 game suspension until your 2nd or 3rd violation? Not sure we have all the facts yet.

OSUDauby
09-01-2006, 09:11 AM
I don't understand why everyone is worried about the length of suspension. Am I the only one who thinks that 1 strike is too many?? I think 4 games is too soft for the first violation.

I truely feel that one SEASON should be the rule. I would imagine that if someone was on 'roids and got caught and forced to sit out an ENTIRE season they would think about their actions.

I would much rather have a clean, honest, group of guys that go winless every season than a group of idiots like the Raiders/Vikings that go without a loss and act like a bunch of gang members.

Namor
09-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Well, it's good to see that you are so naieve. Many drugs like sudafed are MASKING agents for preformance enchancing drugs, HGH, EPO's, etc...

Please dazzle me with your knowledge on this matter.
I'm a competing bodybuilder with a little knowledge on
performance enhancers.Since HGH cannot be detected
with a urine test,but a blood test,how the hell can
sudafed mask it?

OSUDauby
09-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Please dazzle me with your knowledge on this matter.
I'm a competing bodybuilder with a little knowledge on
performance enhancers.Since HGH cannot be detected
with a urine test,but a blood test,how the hell can
sudafed mask it?
Well, well, well...
I was a NCAA Div. 1 athlete where drug test are MUCH more strict than the NFL and your mom and pops body building events. I also have MANY friends who have compeated in the Olympics, on Team USA Track & Field teams, are sponsered with $x00,000+ contracts by shoe labels such as Nike, Reebok, etc...

Beleive me when I tell you this, Justin Gatlin was on meds for ADD, which happens to be a masking agent for PED's. And then all the sudden he fails a drung test?!?! Surprise, Surprise!! Tahhh-Duhhh!!!

There is a reason why the drug which Morris failed with is banned and if it is not a PED, then there are GREAT chances that it effects the test which are ran to detect PED's.
AND, if you can read there meathead you would see that I said "many drungs LIKE sudafed." I never said sudafed WAS a masking agent.

BUT....nice way to plug yourself and you psyched up body. :lol:

Steel954
09-01-2006, 09:25 AM

Isn't Sudafed used to cook Meth?

Steel954
09-01-2006, 09:28 AM
You are right...the Dolphins aren't the only team doing it. They are just the only team that seems to get their hands caught in the cookie jar the most. I do know about the Panthers ordeal, but the Fins are ALWAYS in the thick of some major crap. A lot of the blame falls on Ricky--and he should be kicked out the league FOREVER, let alone another suspension.

You are correct sir. Let me introduce you to Odell Thurman and the rest of the Cincy Bengals Criminals.

dw10
09-01-2006, 09:29 AM
alright, who cares??? He got busted. Heck, I thought he looked bigger and more bulked.....this explains it. Look on the bright side, he may be faster and stronger as a result. Whatever, he'll serve his 4 game suspension and come back and perform. It's not the end of the world. He's beena stand up guy and shouldn't be condemned for this mistake.

OSUDauby
09-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Read the TOS. Personal attacks are not allowed here.

Whatever, he'll serve his 4 game suspension and come back and perform. It's not the end of the world. He's beena stand up guy and shouldn't be condemned for this mistake.
removed So, why doesn't the entire team get on 'roids, serve their 4 games and then come back bigger, stronger, faster, etc from the lingering effects of DRUGS and the Dolphins will kick removed Yay, yippie!!! That's how we're going to get back to our winning ways...

He should be condemned for this. There is enough media coverage b/c of removed clowns like Barry Bonds, Marion Jones, Floyd Landis, etc to sway athletes away from shamming themselves, their family, their team, their fans, etc. Morris gets paid a lot more money than many of us make to play a GAME and he is ruining it for everyone and should suffer the consiquesnces. Period.

Namor
09-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Well, well, well...
I was a NCAA Div. 1 athlete where drug test are MUCH more strict than the NFL and your mom and pops body building events. I also have MANY friends who have compeated in the Olympics, on Team USA Track & Field teams, are sponsered with $x00,000+ contracts by shoe labels such as Nike, Reebok, etc...

Beleive me when I tell you this, Justin Gatlin was on meds for ADD, which happens to be a masking agent for PED's. And then all the sudden he fails a drung test?!?! Surprise, Surprise!! Tahhh-Duhhh!!!

There is a reason why the drug which Morris failed with is banned and if it is not a PED, then there are GREAT chances that it effects the test which are ran to detect PED's.
AND, if you can read there meathead you would see that I said "many drungs LIKE sudafed." I never said sudafed WAS a masking agent.

BUT....nice way to plug yourself and you psyched up body. :lol:

Nice personal attack,
You mentioned HGH,since the NFL doesn't use blood test,
there is no reason to use masking agents ,since it's untraceable in a urine test.

DaFish
09-01-2006, 09:38 AM

David Boston
Ricky Williams
Sammy Morris

Just the title of this thread makes me wanna puke. Dumbest team in the NFL? What about the Lions or the Saints? I smell troll!:shakeno:

retired opfinistic
09-01-2006, 10:33 AM

David Boston
Ricky Williams
Sammy Morris

(And no this isn't my first post...so, don't welcome me to the boards. I forgot my old username/password.)welcome noob!!!!

Hopefully you'll forget this one too.:tongue:

buckwilde
09-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Just the title of this thread makes me wanna puke. Dumbest team in the NFL? What about the Lions or the Saints? I smell troll!:shakeno:

Kind of ironic to call a team the "dumbest" then post that you forgot your "old" username/password. Troll?? You are correct sir!! :lol:

retired opfinistic
09-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Read the TOS. Personal attacks are not allowed here.

removed So, why doesn't the entire team get on 'roids, serve their 4 games and then come back bigger, stronger, faster, etc from the lingering effects of DRUGS and the Dolphins will kick removed Yay, yippie!!! That's how we're going to get back to our winning ways...

He should be condemned for this. There is enough media coverage b/c of removed clowns like Barry Bonds, Marion Jones, Floyd Landis, etc to sway athletes away from shamming themselves, their family, their team, their fans, etc. Morris gets paid a lot more money than many of us make to play a GAME and he is ruining it for everyone and should suffer the consiquesnces. Period.speaking of suspensions, how many games you gonna miss?

Link
09-01-2006, 10:40 AM
speaking of suspensions, how many games you gonna miss?

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

RockyMtnPhinfan
09-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Aaaaahhhh screw it, it'll give a chance for either Riggs Jr. or KJ Harris to step up and show their stuff. We have Ronnie Brown, i don't see a need to go and look for talent that is obviously not out there at the moment....the running backs are sufficient, the O-line just has to open the doors wide enough to squeak through.

RockyMtnPhinfan
09-01-2006, 04:37 PM
OSU - if that stands for Ohio State Univ., then what about your boy that got drafted by the Steelers? Hasn't he been arrested like twice before he even GOT to training camp? hmmmm read this....
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Pittsburgh Steelers (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/page/PIT) receiver Santonio Holmes (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/413021) pleaded not guilty Monday to charges of assaulting a woman, his second arrest since he was chosen in the first round of the NFL draft.
So is beating up a girl any better than taking ephedrine?? :confused:

RockyMtnPhinfan
09-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Ohhh yeh, didn't another Ohio State guy just get tasered by cops and previously had been arrested for armed robbery? He ended up in jail just in time to be present for his first arrest (holding someone at knife point for money) hearing. Love them buckeyes!!!

Ronnie 23
09-01-2006, 05:58 PM

David Boston
Ricky Williams
Sammy Morris

****** leave nooooooo one likes your stuped post

EBMisfit
09-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Geeze...how many times can someone from the Dolphins get busted for substance abuse? This is the 3rd player in a little over a year to get busted. (Am I missing anyone?)OSUDauby... poster of the stupidest thread on FinHeaven? :yes:

EBMisfit
09-01-2006, 07:02 PM
BUT....nice way to plug yourself and you psyched up body. :lol:First, another chance for my many fans to call me a "grammar nazi"... that's supposed to be "your", not "you". Second, just what is a "psyched up body" anyway?

retired opfinistic
09-01-2006, 07:07 PM
First, another chance for my many fans to call me a "grammar nazi"... that's supposed to be "your", not "you". Second, just what is a "psyched up body" anyway?he meant psyched up buddy!

phinatic0083
09-01-2006, 07:35 PM
now this is funny if you actually think drugs are not rampant in the nfl then u are seriously mistaken, then dolphins player just happen to be unlucky to get caught each and every time. every sport is deep in drugs one way or another especially in the nfl, 90% of the the player are on something.

Majpain
09-02-2006, 12:31 AM
He disses David Boston whocame out of OSU. For shame.

Alex44
09-02-2006, 12:35 AM
At least our players arent brokering drug deals (Jamal Lewis) or all commiting crimes (Bengals)