PDA

View Full Version : Why not always go for the 2pt conversion?

Biochem
09-01-2006, 10:10 AM
I always wonder this every pre-season. Why do teams bother to kick the extra point and not try to go for the 2 point conversion. I mean think about it, when was the last time you saw a pro kicker miss an extra point kick? But think about the extra experience attempting a 2pt conversion would give to line up on the goal line and try to put the ball into the endzone.

If you don't make it, and lose the game, who cares in preseason? But when that time comes during the regular season, your team will have a lot more practice at that play against something other than their own practice defense. Heck, just think about next time they are down by more than 4 pts and it's 4th and goal on the 2yd line with 0:13 left in the game.

Spray Mucus
09-01-2006, 10:20 AM
I always wonder this every pre-season. Why do teams bother to kick the extra point and not try to go for the 2 point conversion. I mean think about it, when was the last time you saw a pro kicker miss an extra point kick? But think about the extra experience attempting a 2pt conversion would give to line up on the goal line and try to put the ball into the endzone.

If you don't make it, and lose the game, who cares in preseason? But when that time comes during the regular season, your team will have a lot more practice at that play against something other than their own practice defense. Heck, just think about next time they are down by more than 4 pts and it's 4th and goal on the 2yd line with 0:13 left in the game.

I saw why not always protect your junk

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=156719

also, I didn't appriciate the "H" word either.

mor911
09-01-2006, 10:22 AM
At least answer the guy before hijacking him...

Spray Mucus
09-01-2006, 10:33 AM
At least answer the guy before hijacking him...

I think the reason why we did it is because it's in the wrong forum.

thus fair game.

I thought I say it in the TOS.

Biochem
09-01-2006, 10:38 AM
In the wrong forum? This doesn't exactly pertain to the dolphins or their players, so the Dolphins forum didn't seem appropriate.

Spray Mucus
09-01-2006, 10:45 AM
In the wrong forum? This doesn't exactly pertain to the dolphins or their players, so the Dolphins forum didn't seem appropriate.

you're absolutly right!

we should go for 2 everytime!

as a matter a fact, I'm gonna go for a #2 right now!

UltraDol-Fan
09-01-2006, 11:23 AM
do you mean pinching a loaf?

greatwade
09-01-2006, 11:33 AM
do you mean pinching a loaf? i like you :hi5:

Samphin
09-01-2006, 12:14 PM
I prefer doing an air raid over the ocean.

Motion
09-01-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm more of a 3-point shooter......

Slainte
09-01-2006, 01:09 PM
told you, sophmoric.

Let me explain this threadjack. He is referring to dropping a duece, a turd, taking a poop, dropping the kids off at the pool, going potty, crapping, shatting, dispensing dingleberries or peeing out his butt.
I like the upper decker personally

Roman529
09-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Yeah go for 2 and miss it, and then trail the rest of the game by 1 point or 8 points because of this. I don't know the % of successful 2 point conversions but I would guess maybe 50/50...why risk it when you have an almost sure gaurantee of an extra point? :confused:

Roman529
09-01-2006, 01:58 PM
well maybe if you worked on it in EVERY preseason game, you'd up your %. Geez, man, can't you think outside the box!

I have an idea, not only could they go for 2pt conversion after every touchdown in the preseason, they could run the 2pt conversion play on every PLAY! Think of the practice they'd get! I'm an *******.

We could sign a big old running back, and have him run it in like William "the Fridge" Perry...nobody could stop him. :lol:

Lappy
09-01-2006, 02:13 PM
so long as they do it everytime I'm all for it.

I have a question, I was saving for CK. How come the coaches never get to play? Even in pre-season they don't get to? Real mind tickler.

I'll answer this one.

Because they can't play. Those who can't teach.

that's why you're my sex coach.

Samphin
09-01-2006, 03:05 PM
I'll answer this one.

Because they can't play. Those who can't teach.

that's why you're my sex coach.

I'd imagine that his advice would be much the same as a football defensive coordinators.

"Penetrate! Fill the hole! Shoot the gap! TURNOVER! TURNOVER! TURNOVER!"