PDA

View Full Version : Who wins doesn’t matter at the VMAs

BAMAPHIN 22
09-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Where are Eminem and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog when you need them?

Despite Shakira’s ever-gyrating hips, Justin Timberlake’s “SexyBack” and the obscured image of a naked midget, Thursday night’s MTV Video Music Awards had about as much spontaneity as an episode of “Cribs.”

“You didn’t bring the thunder. You didn’t bring anything,” host Jack Black, looking at himself in his dressing room mirror, said during one skit, unintentionally summing up the evening.

James Blunt and Gnarls Barkley each took home two awards. Pink’s parody of bubble-headed pop tarts, “Stupid Girls,” won for best pop video, Beyonce took home the best R&B video trophy for her booty-shaking “Check On It” and Fall Out Boy won the viewer’s choice award for “Dance, Dance.”

But nobody except a video choreographer’s mother watches this show for the awards. Fans watch for the FCC-flaunting skits, nearly naked starlets, foul-mouthed speeches and those embarassingly bad dance numbers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14606536/

Amars
09-01-2006, 11:32 AM
i didnt even know this show existed anymore

Samphin
09-01-2006, 12:10 PM
I have never cared for awards shows in general. To me, it seems like a huge wankfest for overpayed entertainers to tell each other how great they all are.

Personally, I am proud to say I didn't even know these were on until this morning.

In_Flames
09-01-2006, 12:24 PM
why would anyone have wasted their time watching this piece when football(NFL or NCAA) and The Office were on.....:refuse:

BAMAPHIN 22
09-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Lil' Kim Sports Prison Jumpsuit at VMAs

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/09/44f82ea9003a805e75400cb8e1-1.jpg

Rap diva Lil' Kim made a triumphant return to the music world Thursday after nearly a year in prison, appearing at the MTV Video Music Awards in an orange jumpsuit and flanked by men dressed as prison guards.

The rapper, whose real name is Kimberly Jones, was released from prison last month after serving time for perjury in a case involving a shootout between rival rappers in 2001 in New York. She was jailed last September and released in July.

"The girl is back," Lil' Kim told a cheering crowd at New York's Radio City Music Hall, after stripping off a mock prison jumpsuit to reveal a glamorous evening dress.

Lil' Kim presented the first award of the night, for best male video, to British singer James Blunt for his hit song "You're Beautiful."

"Y'all know I've been around a lot of girls for the past year so it makes me so excited to introduce the award for best male (video)," the diminutive hip-hop (http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=77&k=hip%20hop) star said, making light of her time in prison.

http://blackvoices.aol.com/black_news/canvas_directory_headlines_features/_a/lil-kim-sports-prison-jumpsuit-at-vmas/20060901085509990001

Pagan
09-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Nice...play up being a criminal to gain more fame and make more money. :shakeno:

And before anyone starts with the rap/rock thing, I'd say the same thing if a rocker did it.

SpurzN703
09-01-2006, 04:28 PM
i didnt even know this show existed anymore

Music videos still exist? Hell MTV is all reality based now, whodathunkit? :wink:

DonShula84
09-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Shakira looked so good, then I flipped back to the football games

Majpain
09-02-2006, 12:24 AM
The show was god awful.

unifiedtheory
09-02-2006, 01:07 AM
Wait...

A station (MTV) that doesn't even play music anymore is giving out awards for music?

This would be like the National Hockey League giving out the American League Cy Young award...

MTV has ZERO credibilty. Anyone who thinks otherwise is totally clueless in my opinion.

DeathStar
09-02-2006, 01:20 AM
you fail...

episode 3 of both trilogy's are the return of the...

Skeet84
09-02-2006, 01:30 AM
I did not whatch either

Metal Panda
09-02-2006, 10:21 AM
The VMAs have never been anything more than an excuse for teenyboppers to stay up late and giggle.

Metal Panda
09-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Nice...play up being a criminal to gain more fame and make more money. :shakeno:

And before anyone starts with the rap/rock thing, I'd say the same thing if a rocker did it.

I love rap, and I agree with you.

I said the same thing when that charade occurred. I know I'm an arch liberal, but I have my limits! And her speech to the crowd was defiant, not apologetic.