PDA

View Full Version : Charles Rodgers to be cut

icephinfan
09-01-2006, 03:44 PM
ESPNEWS just said that the LIONS plan on cutting WR Charles Rodgers on Saturday.

tucker
09-01-2006, 03:46 PM
what a waste of talent

dominizzo
09-01-2006, 04:51 PM
YUP!!

What a waste of talent!! Go to NE they neeed WR"S

HysterikiLL
09-01-2006, 04:57 PM
That's what happens when they stock themselves at receiver. I like Rogers, I think if he can stay healthy (doubt it), he could be good....or he could be another David Terrell

DonShula84
09-01-2006, 05:03 PM
YUP!!

What a waste of talent!! Go to NE they neeed WR"S

They guy may have wasted his talent up to this point, but the fact is he has a ton of potential. I hope he stays out of the AFC East. If he ever lives up to that potential he'll be a stud, and for some reason I dont want NE to get a potential stud WR.

Straztheman
09-01-2006, 05:19 PM
me either

Goin` Deep
09-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Is Mike Williams next?

icephinfan
09-01-2006, 05:39 PM
ESPNEWS just had John Clayton on and they were talking about cutdown and where players could land. He mention WR Charles Rodgers possibly landing in MIAMI or a West Coast team.

Rocky Raccoon
09-01-2006, 06:38 PM
ESPNEWS just had John Clayton on and they were talking about cutdown and where players could land. He mention WR Charles Rodgers possibly landing in MIAMI or a West Coast team.

don't we have enough receivers Johnny?

The Confessor
09-01-2006, 06:49 PM

You have to be kidding...Right?

Our staff is already trying to figure out what to do with all the WR's (Legit and projects) we already have.:shakeno:

Majpain
09-01-2006, 07:01 PM
He'll go to Minny.

Roman529
09-01-2006, 08:21 PM
We already have too many receivers...we don't need Charles.

tylerdolphin
09-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Is Mike Williams next?I loved Mike Williams. I thought he would be an elite WR. I didnt know he was a lazy POS

icephinfan
09-01-2006, 10:14 PM
He'll go to Minny.

Nope, Todd Pinkston just signed there. Well, he could still go there.
But, the Raider radio here said they maybe interested in Rodgers.

Vertical Limit
09-01-2006, 10:20 PM
I loved Mike Williams. I thought he would be an elite WR. I didnt know he was a lazy POS
Are you actually surprised about his lazyness? Just look how Pete Carroll runs practices at USC; he doesn't make them wear pads or any type of athletic gear, all they do is "walk" through their plays, litteraly.

It got him a couple of National Championships though, so I guess he knows what he's doing, though some players like Mike Williams, Dominic Byrd, and Lendale White have proved that they aren't disciplined enough.

305TillIDie
09-01-2006, 10:22 PM
we need a running back to backup Ronnie..forget a receiver..dont do it Nick..dont sign this scrub :refuse:

MR NFLFAN
09-01-2006, 10:34 PM
ESPNEWS just said that the LIONS plan on cutting WR Charles Rodgers on Saturday.

Goodbye Detriot Hello New England!

I hate to see a receiver get a bad rap beacuse he had such a poor QB running the offense. I give the guy a chance post Joey era and watch him excel. But we'll take him here in NE and I'm sure he'll do better with the best QB in the league hitting him between the numbers. :wink:

Majpain
09-01-2006, 10:35 PM
..... I hope Philly grabs him. Screw you Pat fan!

MR NFLFAN
09-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Are you actually surprised about his lazyness? Just look how Pete Carroll runs practices at USC; he doesn't make them wear pads or any type of athletic gear, all they do is "walk" through their plays, litteraly.

It got him a couple of National Championships though, so I guess he knows what he's doing, though some players like Mike Williams, Dominic Byrd, and Lendale White have proved that they aren't disciplined enough.

And of course we all know how terrible Pete Carrolls teams have turned out..:shakeno:

MR NFLFAN
09-01-2006, 10:37 PM
..... I hope Philly grabs him. Screw you Pat fan!

Too bad Philly just shot their load on Stallworth huh? :D

The Confessor
09-01-2006, 10:47 PM
And of course we all know how terrible Pete Carrolls teams have turned out..:shakeno:

But nobody is talking about his College teams.
Dude has a point. Aside from Carson Palmer, UCS has been dominant in college, and very very few make it at the next level.

BTW: You are welcome to Charles Rogers, he would have a VERY VERY tough time being our #4 reciever:evil:

HeyJayOh
09-02-2006, 01:06 AM

I hate to see a receiver get a bad rap beacuse he had such a poor QB running the offense. I give the guy a chance post Joey era and watch him excel. But we'll take him here in NE and I'm sure he'll do better with the best QB in the league hitting him between the numbers. :wink:
Maybe you could do your team a favor by checking for open beds at the local sports medicine clinics. This kid comes up with new and ingenious ways to hurt himself every season.:confused:

pwn3dyo
09-02-2006, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers sat out a year. I live in Michigan and my friend knew a punter that was trying out for the Lions. He said he showed up to practice STONED, and or intoxicated Everyday.

The Confessor
09-02-2006, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers sat out a year. I live in Michigan and my friend knew a punter that was trying out for the Lions. He said he showed up to practice STONED, and or intoxicated Everyday.

:lol: :lol:

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Dolfan4life!
09-02-2006, 01:38 PM

It's fair to say you can add Manny Wright to that list.