PDA

View Full Version : Shi'tes????

themole
04-23-2003, 09:43 PM
SH!!!!!T......What's up with those people over there beating themselves to a bloody pulp with their swords????:goof:

It's no wonder they think nothing of strapping 5-10 lbs of C2 around their waist and blowing people to kingdom come!:eek:

Anyone care to enlighten me on this?

baccarat
04-23-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by themole
SH!!!!!T......What's up with those people over there beating themselves to a bloody pulp with their swords

It is a "frenzied religious ritual that had been banned by the secular-minded".

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,84785,00.html

themole
04-23-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by booyeah_

It is a "frenzied religious ritual that had been banned by the secular-minded".

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,84785,00.html

booyea...I can certainly understand why it was banded. That is down right scary and the act of a zealot. I'm going to do some studing up on this. We don't need any of that spreading over to this contenant.

iceblizzard69
04-24-2003, 07:15 AM
There are Shi'ites in this country, there are lots of them, but they don't beat themselves up with clubs, swords, etc. However, Opus Dei people whip themselves, and that most likely happens here.

PhinPhan1227
04-24-2003, 09:22 AM
Exactly...before you stand secure in the knowledge that "that thing isn't over here", you should take a look at the thousands of Christians who worship by handling poisonous snakes, fasting for weeks at a time, and whip themselves to the point that they draw blood(Catholics). We've got freaks too, they just use something other than a sword.

themole
04-24-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Exactly...before you stand secure in the knowledge that "that thing isn't over here", you should take a look at the thousands of Christians who worship by handling poisonous snakes, fasting for weeks at a time, and whip themselves to the point that they draw blood(Catholics). We've got freaks too, they just use something other than a sword.

1227....I don't know what's going on down in Orlando...but I can promise you Snake handling "worshiping" and blood beatings would not be tolerated up here in P-Town!!! They shure don't use the same species of Rattlesnakes & Cottonmouths we have in these parts or they wouldn't use them but once.

Another thing....The people of this country would definantely not put up with what I saw on TV....thousands of people beating themselves to a bloody pulp and crawling and walking in the streets.:nono:

dolfan06
04-29-2003, 12:36 AM

1227....I don't know what's going on down in Orlando...but I can promise you Snake handling "worshiping" and blood beatings would not be tolerated up here in P-Town!!! They shure don't use the same species of Rattlesnakes & Cottonmouths we have in these parts or they wouldn't use them but once.

Another thing....The people of this country would definantely not put up with what I saw on TV....thousands of people beating themselves to a bloody pulp and crawling and walking in the streets.:nono: mole, i'm not gonna say a thing, but i think you know already!;) :rolleyes: :goof:

themole
04-29-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
mole, i'm not gonna say a thing, but i think you know already!;) :rolleyes: :goof:

Opps! I almost forgot 06.:biggrin: :hitself:

dolfan06
04-29-2003, 10:24 PM

Opps! I almost forgot 06.:biggrin: :hitself: EXACTLY!;)

PhinPhan1227
04-30-2003, 10:03 AM

Another thing....The people of this country would definantely not put up with what I saw on TV....thousands of people beating themselves to a bloody pulp and crawling and walking in the streets.:nono:

Lol...not only do we tolerate it here...we sell it as a Girls Gone Wild Mardi Gras video!!!:lol: On a serious note...I live in SoFlo, not Orlando, but I can also tell you that the things I described go on every day in this country. The media doesn't cover it because it's THAT commonplace.

themole
04-30-2003, 05:06 PM

Lol...not only do we tolerate it here...we sell it as a Girls Gone Wild Mardi Gras video!!!:lol: On a serious note...I live in SoFlo, not Orlando, but I can also tell you that the things I described go on every day in this country. The media doesn't cover it because it's THAT commonplace.

:lol: I realize it goes on in this country....but there has to be some trickery along with it. Believe ME...there is no such thing as a pet Rattler or Cottonmouth. Like any poisonous snake in captivity...keep it well fed and milked.. the odds are a lot more in your favor of not getting a lethal dose of its most prized possession.

I recall a few years ago there was praciticing poisonous snake handler up in the hills of Ga. or Tenn. that slipped up and let one of those puppies peck him...end of story for him.

Anyway...to each his own! If that sort of thing flips their switch...let em have it.

As for "themole":eek: :nono:

PhinPhan1227
04-30-2003, 05:30 PM
Actually, quite a few of them ARE killed every year. Of course, you don't have to go that far to get something wacky for religion. What about Christian Scientists who would rather die than get medical attention? Bleed to death from a head wound, get bitten by a snake, or let yourself die from an infection....either way, you're still just as dead, and just as much of a wacko in my opinion. As I see it, God probably views your body the way the military does...do anything to harm it, and you're damaging Government Property!!...:lol:

dolfan06
05-01-2003, 12:06 AM
Actually, quite a few of them ARE killed every year. Of course, you don't have to go that far to get something wacky for religion. What about Christian Scientists who would rather die than get medical attention? Bleed to death from a head wound, get bitten by a snake, or let yourself die from an infection....either way, you're still just as dead, and just as much of a wacko in my opinion. As I see it, God probably views your body the way the military does...do anything to harm it, and you're damaging Government Property!!...:lol: how about "branch dividians" that would rather be picked up in a dustpan rather than a limo!:D :evil:

themole
05-01-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
how about "branch dividians" that would rather be picked up in a dustpan rather than a limo!:D :evil:

:lol: What's up...sixgun?

themole
05-01-2003, 08:27 PM
What about Christian Scientists who would rather die than get medical attention? Bleed to death from a head wound, get bitten by a snake, or let yourself die from an infection....either way, you're still just as dead, and just as much of a wacko in my opinion. As I see it, God probably views your body the way the military does...do anything to harm it, and you're damaging Government Property!!...:lol:

:lol: 1227...I'm not up to speed on the Christian Scientist. I do believe that the "LORD" helps those who help themselves though.

I also believe that our bodies are...as you say...Government property in his eyes.

dolfan06
05-01-2003, 11:56 PM

:lol: What's up...sixgun? just broke out my big spoon to stir with!:D ;)