PDA

View Full Version : Eh, PM box full?

BebopVT
09-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi everyone.

I'm not able to send a PM because I get an error saying it's full yet I just registered!!

Waiting for your advice. Goodbye

Alex44
09-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Who are you trying to send a PM to when your this new? :lol:

Anyway you need 50 posts to PM Im pretty sure

cnc66
09-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi everyone.

I'm not able to send a PM because I get an error saying it's full yet I just registered!!

bebop..welcome bro... you will have to acrue 50 posts before you can send a pm. Isn't it strange that you can create a thread right away but not pm.... sorry bro.

BebopVT
09-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Hi everyone.

lazareth
09-02-2006, 10:34 PM
bebop..welcome bro... you will have to acrue 50 posts before you can send a pm. Isn't it strange that you can create a thread right away but not pm.... sorry bro.
speaking of which, that is just ridiculous! :wink:

actually, what is the reason for the 50 posts before PM limitation? just curious

CrunchTime
09-02-2006, 10:34 PM

And he is not going to be able to as long as he posts in this forum.Note his zero posts.:rolleyes:

like2god
09-02-2006, 10:40 PM

actually, what is the reason for the 50 posts before PM limitation? just curious

I think it is supposed to discourage the people who sign up to message boards for the sole purpose of spamming pm boxes with ads and such. I think the mind set is that spammers aren't going to stick around for 50 posts just to send their nonsense.

:wink:

CrunchTime
09-02-2006, 10:40 PM

IMO thats to avoid getting bombarded by Trolls .I think there was a time you couldnt start a thread after so many posts too but that has changed now it seems.

I can remember a time when some Manchester United fans who mistakenly thought that their club was bought out by Wayne H bombarded the MB with spurious threads and PMs.

I am sure there are other reasons I am not aware of.:wink:

lazareth
09-03-2006, 10:39 PM
that's cool...thanks

NMNB
09-04-2006, 07:13 PM
it makes sense, yeah. 50 posts is reasonable. That, as mentioned, prevents spammers or bots from registering and then PMing the entire board to buy their product or whatever.

Barret
09-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Just thought I'd join to tell everyone that BebopVT is most likely a bot. If you need proof, search BebopVT on yahoo or google. Infact, here's a thread just like it in a different forum. http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=607173#post607173

He 'created' this topic on most vBulletin boards.

NMNB
09-05-2006, 01:44 AM
Just thought I'd join to tell everyone that BebopVT is most likely a bot. If you need proof, search BebopVT on yahoo or google. Infact, here's a thread just like it in a different forum. http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=607173#post607173

He 'created' this topic on most vBulletin boards.

lol, I believe you. Makes total sense.