PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia vs. Marshall

FLOUNDER
09-03-2006, 12:01 AM
This game was bad for marshall fans from the beginning. WVU jumped out to a quick 14-0 lead and never looked back

Steve slaton RB for wv had 203 yards on 33 carries and 2 TD's, diffenetly a heisman cantidate!!!

Meanwhile the all mighty Brady Quinn and Adrian Peterson almost got beat by teams thats shouldnt have even been close. Those teams will be out of the top 10 at the end of the season

DonShula84
09-03-2006, 12:11 AM
This game was bad for marshall fans from the beginning. WVU jumped out to a quick 14-0 lead and never looked back

Steve slaton RB for wv had 203 yards on 33 carries and 2 TD's, diffenetly a heisman cantidate!!!

Meanwhile the all mighty Brady Quinn and Adrian Peterson almost got beat by teams thats shouldnt have even been close. Those teams will be out of the top 10 at the end of the season

Want to trade schedules? And check that ND/GT game again, ND wasnt expected to blow them out

FLOUNDER
09-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Want to trade schedules?

why not.....Whats the difference between you beating quality opponents by very slim margins and us killing our opponents?

Nothing at all

DonShula84
09-03-2006, 12:15 AM
why not.....Whats the difference between you beating quality opponents by very slim margins and us killing our opponents?

Nothing at all

Because you arent killing quality opponents. Id much rather play Marshall at home, then GT on the road. Good luck with the power house Eastern Washington next week

Jaydog57
09-03-2006, 12:19 AM
West Virginia is a good team, they're just lucky they don't play anybody until they go to Louisville in early November. Then, we'll see what they have to offer. :peace:

FLOUNDER
09-03-2006, 12:21 AM
Because you arent killing quality opponents

You're not either....

And by the way, have fun playing those national title contenders North Carolina and Army in early november

DonShula84
09-03-2006, 12:21 AM
West Virginia is a good team, they're just lucky they don't play anybody until they go to Louisville in early November. Then, we'll see what they have to offer. :peace:

I agree WV is a good team. Slaton and White are both studs

DonShula84
09-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Because you arent killing quality opponents

You're not either....

And by the way, have fun playing those national title contenders North Carolina and Army in early november

We're atleast playing quality opponents. Blowing out the Eastern Washingtons doesnt prove much.

Every game cant be a tough one, and I never said ND only plays contenders. You have 1 good team on your schedule. And you have weeks to prepare for them. ND is challenged atleast, they dont have a relative cake walk to a title.

DonShula84
09-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Again, I'm not saying WV isnt a good team, or that they arent legite contenders for a title. But you cant say look we blew out Marshall and ND struggled so WV is clearly a much better team. Especially when it was one game.

FLOUNDER
09-03-2006, 12:27 AM
I never did say WVU was better than ND did i? if so please show me so i can appologize, but like i said, i never said anything like that

DonShula84
09-03-2006, 12:28 AM
I never did say WVU was better than ND did i? if so please show me so i can appologize, but like i said, i never said anything like that

Come on

That more then implies it

FLOUNDER
09-03-2006, 12:32 AM
We play opponents of less cailber than ND plays for the most part. But that dosent mean either team is better than the other. Like i said, i think ND and Oklahoma will both be out of the top 10 before the season is over. and im sticking with that

DonShula84
09-03-2006, 12:35 AM
We play opponents of less cailber than ND plays for the most part. But that dosent mean either team is better than the other. Like i said, i think ND and Oklahoma will both be out of the top 10 before the season is over. and im sticking with that

Fair enough. Believe me I'm not completely sold on ND deserving such a high ranking, in fact I'd rather be rated a little lower. I had a bad feeling going into this GT game and just felt like an upset was really possible. Hopefully they get better and ND can stay in the hunt for a title. I definitely cant blame someone for thinking ND loses a couple and finishes outside the top 10. This one game doesnt mean we arent a good team though :D

FLOUNDER
09-03-2006, 12:38 AM
I agree, losing a game dosent mean there a bad team. Some teams just have off nights. Such as Cal tonight, well, they suck,..lol, but they had a bad night

If you're ranked high, a loss can cause alot more than you just dropping a couple spots though. It can cause you a NC

Alex44
09-03-2006, 12:44 AM
I guess if Miami beats FSU by a field goal we will have to bow down to WV :rolleyes:

Play someone halfway decent and then get on your high horse....you beat Marshall, wow

FLOUNDER
09-03-2006, 12:50 AM
Miami fan? dont even get me started, see if this play rings a bell
http://www.letsgomountaineers.net/media/QuincyWilsonOverMiami.wmv

Besides you got your *** handed to you in the peach bowl 40-3.....LMAFO!!!!!!

and you have the balls to sit here and talk crap

Jaydog57
09-03-2006, 01:09 AM
Miami fan? dont even get me started, see if this play rings a bell
http://www.letsgomountaineers.net/media/QuincyWilsonOverMiami.wmv

Besides you got your *** handed to you in the peach bowl 40-3.....LMAFO!!!!!!

and you have the balls to sit here and talk crapLol, that was last year, it's a whole new season. I'm sure you remember that Miami is 16-3 since 1942 against WV, but being a diehard, I'm sure you knew that.:evil: :dolphins:

FLOUNDER
09-03-2006, 01:16 AM
Considering i was born 17 years ago. Im obviously not die-hard enough to know what happened over 60 years ago...

Congrats on holding the record over us...Thats deserves a round of applause...not

Jaydog57
09-03-2006, 01:29 AM
Considering i was born 17 years ago. Im obviously not die-hard enough to know what happened over 60 years ago...

Congrats on holding the record over us...Thats deserves a round of applause...notLol, if you don't know your history, you shouldn't start talking smack. Check your files before you start talking sh*t, otherwise you're gonna get plowed, especially on a site with lots of Canes fan. Nothing personal, just to let you know. :evil: :dolphins:

305TillIDie
09-03-2006, 01:40 AM
i played high school ball with Johnny Dingle..DE for West Virginia..#92..did he play?

FLOUNDER
09-03-2006, 01:41 AM
thats fine...Last time i checked, this is a dolphins board, not a canes board. So i have the right to root for any college team i should want to. Considering im from WV i root for WV

And the only reason half the people know certain things about there schools football history isint from experiance or watching or from hearing. But obviously from the internet and looking information up. And that counts as "not knowing" in my book. Because you obvioulsy dont know, so you have to look up the info

Jaydog57
09-03-2006, 02:09 AM
thats fine...Last time i checked, this is a dolphins board, not a canes board. So i have the right to root for any college team i should want to. Considering im from WV i root for WV

And the only reason half the people know certain things about there schools football history isint from experiance or watching or from hearing. But obviously from the internet and looking information up. And that counts as "not knowing" in my book. Because you obvioulsy dont know, so you have to look up the infoActually it comes from living through the experience of having bad seasons and staying with your team and enjoying the victories. As far as not knowing, you should look into the book of 'not knowing how to spell' which further proves your level of juvenilism. Using any reference for information is not a form of 'not knowing' but a form of learning, be it internet or otherwise. Open your mind man and learn something....:dolphins:

DonShula84
09-03-2006, 05:09 AM

And the only reason half the people know certain things about there schools football history isint from experiance or watching or from hearing. But obviously from the internet and looking information up. And that counts as "not knowing" in my book. Because you obvioulsy dont know, so you have to look up the info

That means you cant know anything about football history, (or histroy in general) only what you've lived through and personally witnessed? That makes no sense.

305TillIDie
09-03-2006, 08:58 PM
i played high school ball with Johnny Dingle..DE for West Virginia..#92..did he play?i though this was a West Virginia Thread.....:hmmm: