PDA

View Full Version : Its time...Tailgating foods and recipes

John Biello
09-04-2006, 12:15 AM
we all know about thursday, but we now have only 2 weeks until our first home game against the jills. its time to dust off your grills, play with insane amounts of lighterfluid, even though you bought ready to light charcoal, and marinate til you cant marinate any more. ladies and gentlemen i want to know what you cook at the stadium, my specialty has been jamaican jerk chicken wings, but we are always looking to expand our eating horizons. dont hold back guys!

bg34
09-04-2006, 05:26 AM
Bubba Burgers...simple and effective.
Beef Kabobs - filet mignon, bell peppers, onions, and shrimp on skewers
large cooler full of Corona and Coors Light

That's our standard spread every game ( I go to Ravens games all the time)

Or if it's raining we go to Hooters, lol.

NewEra8
09-04-2006, 06:05 AM

:eating:

John Biello
09-04-2006, 07:28 PM
sounds awesome, but only 1 reply, do you guys eat on gameday or what?

Roman529
09-04-2006, 08:19 PM
sounds awesome, but only 1 reply, do you guys eat on gameday or what?

I eat at the sportsbars here in Colorado...but not while my Phins are on...too nervous to eat and watch. :lol: I usually drink MGD during the game...after the game if we win I pig out....if we lose I just drink more beer. :wink:

NJFINSFAN1
09-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Well, it sounds bad, but its dam good. Buy some cheap hotdogs, Not Oscar Myer, chop then into small chunks and boil them in Budweiser. I'm telling you, its dam good!

And no I'm not kidding!

Roman529
09-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Well, it sounds bad, but its dam good. Buy some cheap hotdogs, Not Oscar Myer, chop then into small chunks and boil them in Budweiser. I'm telling you, its dam good!

And no I'm not kidding!

Sounds good...I like barbecued beanie weanies. :tongue:

John Biello
09-04-2006, 10:55 PM
i boil dogs in beer all the time bro it is awesome. ive actually heard you can cook a chicken with a beer can in its but over an open flame and it soaks up the beer flavor. some of my southern buddies from work

RWhitney014
09-05-2006, 12:25 AM
i boil dogs in beer all the time bro it is awesome. ive actually heard you can cook a chicken with a beer can in its but over an open flame and it soaks up the beer flavor. some of my southern buddies from work

Yeah, you can do that with any poultry and with any liquid in a can. Just have to get rid of half of that liquid before you put the bird on it. I'm sure you can figure out a way to do that. :wink:

Here's a good recipe (http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_14036,00.html) for beer-can chicken. The chicken itself is simple. You can use whatever you want for the sauce/glaze/basting liquid.

John Biello
09-05-2006, 10:28 AM
awesome is it as good as it sounds

Amars
09-05-2006, 11:27 AM
4lb chicken and rub on the seasoning and leave it overnight in the fridge. The next day have a 1/3 fill can of beer and sqeeze lime juice inside. Place the beer can inside the opening of the chicken. So the chicken is straight up basically standing on it head. Make sure you have alluminum pan under the beer can/chicken and place in the BBQ. When done you chicken will be so tender and so much flavor.

The Rev
09-05-2006, 11:33 AM
I usually make my 2 bean chili with brown sugar. Talk about good.
The mrs also makes me a black bean smash to be used as a dip.
Good stuff all around.

Mike13
09-05-2006, 01:02 PM
I eat at the sportsbars here in Colorado...but not while my Phins are on...too nervous to eat and watch. :lol: I usually drink MGD during the game...after the game if we win I pig out....if we lose I just drink more beer. :wink:

So its a win-win situation.

John Biello
09-05-2006, 11:18 PM
thats what im talking about guys, beer flavored chicken and chilli. i stay away from spicy food early in the season, its so hot outside, but i def want to try the beer can in the chickens butt. anybody got any home made marinades or rubs they use?

TotoreMexico
09-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Bubba Burgers...simple and effective.
Beef Kabobs - filet mignon, bell peppers, onions, and shrimp on skewers

That's our standard spread every game ( I go to Ravens games all the time)

Or if it's raining we go to Hooters, lol.

:yes:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/09/corona-2.jpg

and

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/09/GRUPO16-1.jpg

:drool:

RWhitney014
09-06-2006, 12:27 AM
thats what im talking about guys, beer flavored chicken and chilli. i stay away from spicy food early in the season, its so hot outside, but i def want to try the beer can in the chickens butt. anybody got any home made marinades or rubs they use?

Check the link I posted. There's a good one there.

dominizzo
09-06-2006, 12:32 AM
Im starving

Amars
09-06-2006, 12:38 AM

Here what I use

Spice Rub Mix:
¼ Cup paprika
1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
2 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. salt

Mix all ingredients for Spice Rub Mix in a small bowl. Thoroughly rinse chicken and pat dry. Coat inside and outside of chicken with several tablespoons Spice Rub Mix.

Coral Reefer
09-06-2006, 01:21 AM
Good thread!

Burgers and Brats are our tradition with steaks/Lobster tails for 1 game a year.

Burgers:

Chopped onions
Beefy Onion Soup mix
Montreal Steak Seasoning
Bleu Cheese crumbs

Mix it right into the meat before grilling and trust me you'll have everyone raving.

Brats:

Slow Boil Brauts and onions for a couple of hours in beer.
Pack up the Brauts and onions in some tupperware still soaking in.... you guessed it, Beer.

Stick Brauts and onions (onions wrapped in foil) on the grill just long enough to brown a little and enjoy. Best with Deli Mustard.

John Biello
09-06-2006, 11:34 AM
awesome guys. anybody have any good shrip grilling ideas?

RWhitney014
09-06-2006, 02:22 PM
awesome guys. anybody have any good shrip grilling ideas?

1) Grill them in the shell. The shell has a lot of the flavor, and the high, direct heat of the grill will keep them moist and tender. Shell them afterwards or let your eaters pick and eat themselves. Take the claws off, though. If you can get easy-peel shrimp, do that, because those come deveined and are, of course, easy to peel once they come off the grill.

2) If you have to peel them, skewer them. This way, they don't fall through the grates. It's also much easier to flip 10 skewers of 5 shrimp each than 50 individual shrimp, for obvious reasons and for the ones below. If your skewers are wooden, soak them in water for at least an hour before putting them over the heat. That will prevent them from burning. If you can get your hands on it, skewering them on sugarcane is a great way to add a very different flavor. You can also skewer them on rosemary stems. Take the leaves off, find something to do with them, and run the woodiest stems through the middle of the shrimp.

3) Grill them quickly. QUICKLY! Shrimp are not naturally dripping with juice, so the grill can dry them out before you know it. Put them on until they change color, flip them over for a minute or so, take them off. Don't leave the grill while they're on or they will become bone-dry.

You can marinate them in anything, and they only need to sit for 30-60 minutes. Otherwise, the acid in your marinade will start to cook the shrimp like ceviche. Tequila, lime juice, and cilantro would probably be good on gameday.

You can also go the sauce route. Satay peanut sauce goes with any meat known to man, especially seafood. Here's a recipe:

1 and 1/3 c coconut milk
1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
1/2 c chicken stock/water
6 tbsp creamy peanut butter
4 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
Salt

Warm 2/3 c of the milk in a saucepan, stirring over medium heat. Add the curry and stir until dissolved. Add everything else, bring to a boil over medium-high, reduce and simmer, stirring, until thick, about 2-3 minutes. Adjust your seasoning however you wish with more fish sauce, lime, sugar, or salt as needed. This makes 2 cups, and you can find all the ingredients probably in a Publix, definitely in any specialty food store like Whole Foods, or, if you're in Miami, Epicure, the best store known to man.