PDA

View Full Version : The more I read about Senator Santorum....

PhinPhan1227
04-24-2003, 05:11 PM
....the less I like this guy. "Compassionate Conservative"? Sounds more like he has a vision of what America and Americans SHOULD be and is willing to force everyone into that mold. That's not the ideal that America was built on. And if he DOES step into the leadership of the GOP as he seems poised to do, I think he'll push a WHOLE lot of moderate voters right into the DNC...myself included.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/04/21/santorum.ap/index.html

LeftCoastPhin
04-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Oh man......that's the last thing we need.

Ahhhhh, it's maddening this happens when the conservatives are starting to gain momentum. Obviously, we need liberals to make sure we dont turn semi communism and I agree with some liberal viewpoints. I just cant stand the extreme left but the extreme right is just as scary!

What a shame too, he seems like a geniunely good guy, but he is to extreme for my taste. Sex should only be policed if it involves a minor, or an unwilling partner.

LeftCoastPhin
04-24-2003, 06:15 PM
Reading further.....he'll be lucky to be re-elected, let alone put in charge of something. The heat is on, witch hunters are out, this guy could be through, which is fine with me as long as it's done by not being re-elected.