PDA

View Full Version : "Stealers" forums Hilarious

boozer13
09-04-2006, 10:49 AM
I love reading Steelers forums. You can tell they are definitely scared for Thurs. when they profess such strong confidence in Charlie Batch. Ha Ha. Man i wish i could purchase some "steelers Blinders" so i could be so detatched from the real world.

http://p087.ezboard.com/fstillersforumfrm2.showMessage?topicID=23888.topic

Thinking about telling them straight, what you guys think.

Also note, they have no class, they curse up and down the forum.

G-Force
09-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Man what is up with their hatred for Cower? That just shows how ignorant stealer(changed the way it's spelled after watching the SB)nation is.

Motion
09-04-2006, 10:56 AM
This is why I wanted Ben and Ward to play, we'll hear nothing but excuses.

Ronnie 23
09-04-2006, 10:59 AM

yes very true

fish fan 4 life
09-04-2006, 10:59 AM
This is why I wanted Ben and Ward to play, we'll hear nothing but excuses.Yup

steelernation13
09-04-2006, 11:00 AM
no the real point is, wen we beat you with batch, U will have no excuses.

We dont need batch to win
Our D will do all the work.

:refuse:

boozer13
09-04-2006, 11:09 AM
yea if you go to the main page of the site, there is an article stating how "no dolphin fan really wanted Ben to play anyways". What a load of baloney, as so many other people stated on here, this now gives room for excuses, You think the last thing any steeler fan would use would be an excuse.

like2god

You sound pretty confident for a guy whose team is imploding right infront of the worlds eyes. :tongue:

Colorado Dolfan

You mean the D that gave up 3 TDs to our backup QB? :lol:

Good luck with that... :D

Ronnie 23
09-04-2006, 11:10 AM

:shakeno: Your d won't do anything when they see daunte the'll pee thier pants and run to the sideline.:evil:

boozer13
09-04-2006, 11:12 AM

Steelers might be in trouble anyways, because i dont think the Refs from the SB will be officiating

steelernation13
09-04-2006, 11:14 AM
2 turnovers for culpeppy

Steelers win 20-14

steelernation13
09-04-2006, 11:15 AM
o btw preseason doesnt even count
i mean teams dont even gameplan for those games.
so y in the world would our D have trouble w/ you guys?:sidelol:

If you dont score....
We cant lose.

boozer13
09-04-2006, 11:19 AM

If you dont score....
We cant lose.

Watch out guys, he has brushed up on his Football Knowledge, He figured out you need to score points to win. For a PIT fan hes pretty smart. :tongue:

steelernation13
09-04-2006, 11:20 AM
u guys just watch the game on thurs.

Ull see what im talking about.

Ill make sure to pop in after we win thurs.

Good luck though.

o btw. Have fun dealing w/ Fast Willie Parker.

EBMisfit
09-04-2006, 11:21 AM
so y in the world would our D have trouble w/ you guys?Why in the world would they have had trouble with Joey Harrington?

muscle979
09-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Why in the world would they have had trouble with Joey Harrington?

They had their hands full with our backup when he was playing for detroit. :lol:

EBMisfit
09-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Watch out guys, he has brushed up on his Football Knowledge, He figured out you need to score points to win. For a PIT fan hes pretty smart. :tongue:What's even funnier is that he/it/she contradicts himself/itself/herself in the post just before that:

Steelers win 20-14

If you dont score....
We cant lose.

like2god
09-04-2006, 11:24 AM
If you dont score....
We cant lose.

And if Charlie Batch can't lead you down the field, you won't score either. :shakeno:

steelernation13
09-04-2006, 11:26 AM
No no no no.

I didnt say you werent goin to score.

Its just the point
If you dont score more than us, we cant lose

O and that detroit game, ill admit we didnt play our best. But when our D came out big in the playoffs and SB, u see what kind of trouble you are going to deal with.

like2god
09-04-2006, 11:26 AM

Good luck though.

Just make sure that you "pop" in after you lose. Don't run away until the Stealers have some good news or the Dolphins have some bad news, be a man.

boozer13
09-04-2006, 11:27 AM
One thing you must understand, I am not saying this is a sure win for the FINS by any means. Never underestimate an opponent, but to think for a minute that PIT will have no Problems with The FINS, is sheer blasphemy. Granted, our secondary could use some help, but so could yours. Our front seven had the most sacks last year total. We now have a PB QB, 2 Pro Bowl WRs, you have one that could be missing. I am not denying Parkers talent, but he has to find the holes first. Brown ill agree still has to prove himself.

I will whole heartedly confess that with Ben at the helm and with his confidence, i was enticipating a hard fought battle. But if you still think, that PIT will just breeze by MIA, you must really think again.

EBMisfit
09-04-2006, 11:28 AM
They had their hands full with our backup when he was playing for detroit. :lol:And that's back when they had von Oelhoffen and Chris Hope....

steelernation13
09-04-2006, 11:29 AM
No breezin here

It will be a VERY close game

It will come down to turnovers

Whoever forces the most turnovers will win the game.

O and i will come back WIN or lose:lol:

Im bummed about big ben, ive been waiting all summer to see him play for real. I was at training camp and he looked great. Even though hes out im still really pumped about this game.

Like i said good luck and hopefully no injuries

retired opfinistic
09-04-2006, 11:32 AM
No breezin here

Im bummed about big ben, ive been waiting all summer to see him play for real. I was at training camp and he looked great. Even though hes out im still really pumped about this game.

Like i said good luck and hopefully no injuriesback at ya.

steelernation13
"And that's back when they had von Oelhoffen and Chris Hope...."

And your point is? :o

bigbry
No breezin here

Yeah, c'mon back no matter what. :evil:
(Dr.Evil laugh!)

BB

EBMisfit
No no no no.

I didnt say you werent goin to score.No, but that is what you strongly implied in your second post.

Its just the point
If you dont score more than us, we cant loseAnd it's just as stupid the second time that you said it as the first.

O and that detroit game, ill admit we didnt play our best.Then there's a possibility that they won't play their best against Miami.

But when our D came out big in the playoffs and SB, u see what kind of trouble you are going to deal with.I wasn't aware that your "D" wore black and white striped shirts.

Colorado Dolfan

If you dont score....
We cant lose.

Ahem...

Perhaps you didn't read my post... ...or you're just not very smart...

Harrington, our backup QB, scored 3 TDs against your vaunted D. Not in preseason, but in the regular season when your team was fighting for a playoff spot...

Not gonna score...:lol:

..and, yes, good luck, to you, too!

steelernation13
09-04-2006, 11:33 AM
hines is going to play btw.

He played the whole practice yesterday and had no problems afterwards.

Youll see them announce a status upgrade here in the next few days.

steelernation13
09-04-2006, 11:35 AM
dude listen

I DID NOT SAY THAT YOU WERENT GOING TO SCORE:tantrum:
20-14

So you keep bringing that point up is ridiculous.

I also said that was not our best defensive game.

And Harrington isnt even playing....so u keep bringin him up serves wut purpose? Culpeppys playing. He wil have to go up against our D.

EBMisfit
09-04-2006, 11:38 AM
"And that's back when they had von Oelhoffen and Chris Hope...."

And your point is? :oFigures I have to explain the simple to the simple. They are two good (although Hope more so than von Oelhoffen, who's probably closer to "decent" than "good") players that the Stealers might not have adequately replaced.

guatemalanfan
09-04-2006, 11:38 AM
No no no no.

I didnt say you werent goin to score.

Its just the point
If you dont score more than us, we cant lose

O and that detroit game, ill admit we didnt play our best. But when our D came out big in the playoffs and SB, u see what kind of trouble you are going to deal with.

damn you are really good at math........... was it difficult to come up with that?

steelernation13
09-04-2006, 11:41 AM
No it wasnt difficult

But it seems that one of u guys is having a problem with it.

o and i am good at math.

Colorado Dolfan
09-04-2006, 11:42 AM
dude listen

20-14

So you keep bringing that point up is ridiculous.

I also said that was not our best defensive game.

And Harrington isnt even playing....so u keep bringin him up serves wut purpose? Culpeppys playing. He wil have to go up against our D.

So our better QB is going against your D that our backup handled nicely... ...and your backup is going against our D, which BTW, ain't too shabby :wink: ...

Your boys aren't gonna have 200 yards rushing against our D. That's what it took to beat the Lions.

So, we have the Steelers playing a better D, against a better QB, and without a rushing attack that will be effective... IMO, of course...:D

Once again, good luck!!

bigbry
09-04-2006, 11:43 AM
hines is going to play btw.

He played the whole practice yesterday and had no problems afterwards.

Youll see them announce a status upgrade here in the next few days.

Any links regarding the practice?

BB

The Confessor
09-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Steelers might be in trouble anyways, because i dont think the Refs from the SB will be officiating

Funny, he doesnt have a "Whitty" comeback for this.
I am sure glad that my team didnt "Win" a superbowl that the entire rest of the league just does this :rolleyes2 at.

Funny how many different angles ESPN has shown that the superbowl was a farce and nothing more than a Homecoming present to the bus....

oh yeah, and good luck on Thurs...:evil:

EBMisfit
09-04-2006, 11:45 AM
dude listen

20-14

So you keep bringing that point up is ridiculous.Dude, it's not MY fault if you have trouble communicating. You said "if [the Dolphins] don't score". If that's not what you meant, then you should have taken the time to phrase it correctly. Sorry, but I am not a mind reader and therefore you shouldn't blame me for going by what you say, rather than by what you meant.

I also said that was not our best defensive game.And it's possible that this won't be your best defensive game, either.

And Harrington isnt even playing....so u keep bringin him up serves wut purpose?Because he's the Dolphins' backup, which usually means that the starter is a better player than he is. So if Harrington didn't have much trouble against them, than it's even less likely that a better player, such as Culpepper, will.

bigbry
09-04-2006, 11:46 AM
No it wasnt difficult

o and i am good at math.

o and btw, when you have to tell someone you're good at something...really means you are not.
Just a tip for ya in the real world.

BB

Majpain
09-04-2006, 11:46 AM

Yea lets see this Steeler D on Thurs.

like2god
09-04-2006, 11:57 AM
o and btw, when you have to tell someone you're good at something...really means you are not.
Just a tip for ya in the real world.

BB:lol:

mulpwr
09-04-2006, 01:16 PM
I love reading Steelers forums. You can tell they are definitely scared for Thurs. when they profess such strong confidence in Charlie Batch. Ha Ha. Man i wish i could purchase some "steelers Blinders" so i could be so detatched from the real world.

http://p087.ezboard.com/fstillersforumfrm2.showMessage?topicID=23888.topic

Thinking about telling them straight, what you guys think.

Also note, they have no class, they curse up and down the forum.

Pot meet kettle.:rolleyes: Reading the Fins forums,if you guys lose,i wonder if you'll be on suicide watch afterwards.I've never heard so many rah rah we're the best team in the NFL and will never lose posts.Your team has weaknesses just like the Steelers. When Ben beat you guys a few years back,this forum was unbearable.:o Its the first game of the season which means nothing in the long run.

muscle979
09-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Pot meet kettle.:rolleyes: Reading the Fins forums,if you guys lose,i wonder if you'll be on suicide watch afterwards.I've never heard so many rah rah we're the best team in the NFL and will never lose posts.Your team has weaknesses just like the Steelers. When Ben beat you guys a few years back,this forum was unbearable.:o Its the first game of the season which means nothing in the long run.

It's going to be a good game, I can't wait.

mulpwr
09-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Funny, he doesnt have a "Whitty" comeback for this.
I am sure glad that my team didnt "Win" a superbowl that the entire rest of the league just does this :rolleyes2 at.

Funny how many different angles ESPN has shown that the superbowl was a farce and nothing more than a Homecoming present to the bus....

oh yeah, and good luck on Thurs...:evil:

Well,lets talk about that then,if you're able. :tongue:

You've missed a load of the NFL if you think this was the worst officiated NFL game.
The Hasselbeck penalty was wrong, along with the non- call on Porter for horse-collaring Alexander.I didn't believe that Ben got in on the QB sneak either.That wasn't as bad as Vinny Testaverde's QB sneak in 1998, iirc.

There were many other controversial calls.

The helmet-to-helmet on Hines Ward early in the game. The ref threw the flag then after some discussion, picked it up. When they showed the replay, the Seattle player was shown tilting his head into Hines to initiate helmet-to-helmet contact. Silence could only be heard from the usually vocal Madden because they saw that a call had gone against the Steelers.

Farrior was close to the ball when the Jerramy Stevens fumble was blown dead as an incompletion.

There was the Matt Hasselbeck fumble which was ruled not-a-fumble because although he fell down on his own, some Steeler brushed by him, thus making him “down by contact”.

Pitt QB Big Ben was blocked in the back as he pursued the DB who he'd tossed an int to.

So its ok to call an offensive pass interference on Heath Miller on a 2nd and 10 at the Seattle 22 but not on a Seattle wide receiver in the end zone?

Why was the offensive PI call wrong on Darrell Jackson pushing off in the end zone?

Heath Miller got called for one in the Super Bowl.

Why was the hold by Locklear on Haggans wrong when he 1.pulled on the shoulder after being beat.
2 The pulling of the back jersey.
3.The hands weren't kept inside the frame.
Those are all ingredients for a hold.

All you've stated was that a few calls that went against Seattle and the refs are cheating. Face the facts that sometimes an NFL team is going to have more penalties than another NFL team. I guess you believe the refs should call an equal amount of the type of penalties for each team,otherwise its unfair. :D

Seattle didn't lose because the Refs called a WR PI on Darrel Jackson and a holding call on Sean Locklear for grabbing Haggans and the back of the jersey. Those occured, yet so many think those penalties should've been ignored. :crazy:

Just in case you've missed it,here's a refresher for you.

These plays mattered more than the penalties. :smirk:

1. The Refs didn't give up the longest run in SB history...Seattle's defense did.

2. The Refs didn't bite on a 43 yd trick play, Randle to Ward for a TD...Seattle's defense did.

3. The Refs didn't allow Ben to scramble around on a 3rd and 28 and complete a long pass to the 2 yd. line...Seattle's defense did.

4. The Refs didn't miss two field goals, that was Seattle.

5. The Refs didn't fail to step out of bounds late in the 1st half to stop the clock in Pitt territory in a crunch time situation...Seattle's offense did.

6. The Refs didn't let the 1st half clock tick down from 48 seconds all the way down to 13 seconds before finally running their next play at Pitt's 36 yd line...Seattle's offense did.

7. And on this play, 3rd down, 53 yds away from a FG, it wasn't the Refs who tried and failed to go deep for a TD rather than a safer 5 yrd play and timeout setting up a much easier FG attempt....that, again, would be Seattle's offense.

8. The Refs didn't get confused by Pitt's zone defense and throw an INT...that would be Seattle's QB.

9. The Refs didn't let a little physical contact intimidate them from catching 4 very catchable passes...that would be the Seattle TE Jeremy Stevens.

10. With approx. 20 seconds left in the game, knowing they need a TD and FG, in no particular order, and in easy FG range on 4th down, it wasn't the Refs who ignored the FG and elected to throw up a prayer trying for a TD...that AGAIN would be Seattle.

11. The Refs didn't constantly punt deep into the end zone repeatedly giving Pitt the ball at the 20 yd line. Tom Rouen punted four of his six punts in the end zone....that of course was Seattle.Opportunities to pin the Steelers really deep should have been capitalized.

12. It wasn't the Refs who received a Christmas gift wrapped easy INT lobbed in perfect position to return deep into Pitt territory...the lucky beneficiary of that break would be Seattle.

13. It wasn't the Refs who got a break when a Steeler DB dropped an easy int early in the game...that too would be a break for Seattle.

14. It wasn't the Refs who caught a break when a Steeler WR dropped a very catchable TD pass...that break again would go to Seattle.

15. It wasn't the scapegoat Refs that received a break when a WR caught the ball, turned, stepped, was hit hard enough to cause a fumble, and then ruled INCOMPLETE...that would be of course, another chance for Seattle.
(this was an interesting call considering that after Troy's famous overruled Int, the NFL stated that it WAS a catch. If so, than this definitely WAS a catch)

16. The Refs weren't the ones who caught a break when at the conclusion of a 2nd qtr play, as a Pitt DE was walking away, the Seattle Center blindsided the defenseless player, leveling him to the ground. This mysteriously unseen crime was again another break for Seattle.
17. It wasn't the Refs who got a break when Pitt QB Big Ben was blocked in the back as he pursued the DB who he'd tossed an int to...that again would go to Seattle.

Your turn.:D

GoBills24
09-04-2006, 02:23 PM

I can tell you this much, the true Steelers fans won't give excuses.

They have confidence of every player on their team.

EBMisfit
09-04-2006, 04:04 PM
8. The Refs didn't get confused by Pitt's zone defense and throw an INT...that would be Seattle's QB.

9. The Refs didn't let a little physical contact intimidate them from catching 4 very catchable passes...that would be the Seattle TE Jeremy Stevens.

11. The Refs didn't constantly punt deep into the end zone repeatedly giving Pitt the ball at the 20 yd line. Tom Rouen punted four of his six punts in the end zone....that of course was Seattle.Opportunities to pin the Steelers really deep should have been capitalized.

12. It wasn't the Refs who received a Christmas gift wrapped easy INT lobbed in perfect position to return deep into Pitt territory...the lucky beneficiary of that break would be Seattle.

13. It wasn't the Refs who got a break when a Steeler DB dropped an easy int early in the game...that too would be a break for Seattle.

14. It wasn't the Refs who caught a break when a Steeler WR dropped a very catchable TD pass...that break again would go to Seattle.You're talking out of both sides of your mouth here: anything that went wrong for Seattle is attributed to poor performance on their part, whereas anything that went right for them you ascribe to luck.

unifiedtheory
09-04-2006, 05:40 PM
You're talking out of both sides of your mouth here: anything that went wrong for Seattle is attributed to poor performance on their part, whereas anything that went right for them you ascribe to luck.

An opposing fan being a hypocrite?

NEVER!

mulpwr
09-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Trying to change the subject i see. You argue just for the sake of argument. :goof:

Some of what went wrong for Seattle was because of Pittsburgh and some because of poor execution and mental mistakes.

The last three quotes you brought up were Steelers mental mistakes. Ben had a WR wide open in the end zone and underthrew it, resulting in a int.Ben saw the WR but said his arm just didn't throw it hard enough.A ball by Hasselbeck was thrown right to a Steelers player and he dropped it. Ward dropped a TD pass that was in his hands.

On the first three quotes you mentioned:Hasselbeck misread the coverage on the interception and threw to where Jackson was going but CB Ike Taylor read the play and cut right in front of the WR. Troy Polamalu blitzed but it was only a four-man rush with both linebackers dropping back into coverage. Hasselbeck had more time to throw then he thought.

You can bet the Steelers LB Joey Porter got into TE Stephens head and after he got hit in the secondary,he heard footsteps a lot of times the rest of the game when in the open field.

The Seattle punter Rouen had no excuse to get that many touchbacks.

No,anything that went right for them i didn't ascribe as luck.I didn't bring up what Seattle did right,execution-wise because that wasn't the point to my argument.

It went to show Seattle did enough on their own to lose the game without blaming the refs.

bigbry
09-04-2006, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=mulpwr]Trying to change the subject i see. You argue just for the sake of argument. :goof:

The game was fixed! Bills fans everywhere pitched in $10.00 each to make sure yet another team didnt win a Super Bowl before they did.
For Bills fans that was quite the sacrafice. They can buy alot of MadDog 20/20 for that.

BB

guatemalanfan
09-04-2006, 09:32 PM
An opposing fan being a hypocrite?

NEVER!

nice sig. :wink:

Vertical Limit
09-04-2006, 09:41 PM

Good luck though.

You better hope Troy fixed his tackling issues he had in the preseason, because Ronnie Brown will lay his *** out.

Aqua4Ever04
09-04-2006, 10:29 PM

Yes but at the end of the day, we'll be 1-0, and they'll be 0-1. That's all that matters.

Steel954
09-05-2006, 09:13 AM

Whats your excuse gonna be when the fish lose to a "back up" QB?

retired opfinistic
09-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Whats your excuse gonna be when the fish lose to a "back up" QB?It won't happen. What will be yours when the Steelers place third in the division?

Motion
09-05-2006, 09:32 AM

Well then I guess I've never met a "True" Steeler fan.

Motion
09-05-2006, 09:32 AM
Whats your excuse gonna be when the fish lose to a "back up" QB?
No excuses here.

Steel954
09-05-2006, 10:46 AM
It won't happen. What will be yours when the Steelers place third in the division?

Won't happen

mulpwr
09-05-2006, 11:24 AM
You better hope Troy fixed his tackling issues he had in the preseason, because Ronnie Brown will lay his *** out.

You think preseason means anything.Polamalu didn't play an equivalent to a whole game in the preaseason. You certainly haven't seen much of him if you think he has major tackling issues. If preseason meant anything, Ronnie Brown certainly won't be doing much.:evil:

mulpwr
09-05-2006, 11:34 AM
It won't happen. What will be yours when the Steelers place third in the division?

This from a fan of a team who got shutout by Cleveland last year,Cleveland.:sidelol: We'll still make the playoffs as a wild card while your team will once again not make the playoffs because New England wins the AFC East and your record won't be good enough to make it in as a wild card.:D

retired opfinistic
09-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Won't happen:lol: I checked my crystal ball

Steel954
09-05-2006, 12:03 PM
:lol: I checked my crystal ball

You might want to wipe off some of the crusty white film thats sticking to it and look again. :D

Kinzua
09-05-2006, 12:06 PM
This from a fan of a team who got shutout by Cleveland last year,Cleveland.:sidelol: We'll still make the playoffs as a wild card while your team will once again not make the playoffs because New England wins the AFC East and your record won't be good enough to make it in as a wild card.:D

Blasphemy!!! The Carp are destined to win 12 or 13 games and go to the Super Bowl!!! Are you ignorant??? Don't you know that God (aka Nick Saban) will wave his hand and turn that sad excuse for an offensive line and that totally un-stellar secondary into top-notch units -- and turn the scrubs Saban's been scrounging off the waiver wire into All Pros??? :sidelol:

EBMisfit
09-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Trying to change the subject i see. You argue just for the sake of argument. :goof:No, I'm showing how you're being inconsistent.

It went to show Seattle did enough on their own to lose the game without blaming the refs.But then, so did ArmPittsburgh.

EBMisfit
09-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Blasphemy!!! The Carp are destined to win 12 or 13 games and go to the Super Bowl!!! Are you ignorant??? Don't you know that God (aka Nick Saban) will wave his hand and turn that sad excuse for an offensive line and that totally un-stellar secondary into top-notch units -- and turn the scrubs Saban's been scrounging off the waiver wire into All Pros??? :sidelol:And we all know that coaching can't make marginal talent look better. Look what happened to NE when they signed J.J. Stokes or used Troy Brown as a DB.

retired opfinistic
09-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Blasphemy!!! The Carp are destined to win 12 or 13 games and go to the Super Bowl!!! Finally you have seen the light!!!:D

EBMisfit
09-05-2006, 12:20 PM
You might want to wipe off some of the crusty white filmI keep telling opfinistic he shouldn't let you borrow it, but does he listen?

muscle979
09-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Blasphemy!!! The Carp are destined to win 12 or 13 games and go to the Super Bowl!!! Are you ignorant??? Don't you know that God (aka Nick Saban) will wave his hand and turn that sad excuse for an offensive line and that totally un-stellar secondary into top-notch units -- and turn the scrubs Saban's been scrounging off the waiver wire into All Pros??? :sidelol:

What's even funnier is that the planets will align the right way and turn that piece of crap team and coaching staff up in buffalo into winners.

mulpwr
09-05-2006, 01:06 PM
No, I'm showing how you're being inconsistent.
But then, so did ArmPittsburgh.

I explained the difference,even if you choose to ignore them. You're just making **** up because you don't have a comeback for those plays. Stick to stretching out the page,something you're good at.

Kinzua
09-05-2006, 01:09 PM
What's even funnier is that the planets will align the right way and turn that piece of crap team and coaching staff up in buffalo into winners.

You got that right, sir!!! :evil:

Kinzua
09-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Finally you have seen the light!!!:D

Obviously, Opie, sarcasm is beyond the scope of your limited skills. :lol:

fin1
09-05-2006, 01:16 PM

Your post count matches your cornerback's number that's gonna get toasted this week. He sucks whatever his name is. I guarantee you still have him cause you let all your good players go. Good luck being the third best team in your division......

Kinzua
09-05-2006, 01:16 PM
And we all know that coaching can't make marginal talent look better. Look what happened to NE when they signed J.J. Stokes or used Troy Brown as a DB.

When your OL is big, slow, and unathletic, all the coaching in the world isn't going to improve them a whole lot, EB. Besides, with the exception of Hadnot, all these guys are well-traveled vets not green youngsters, so how much is coaching really going to improve them. Wake up from your fantasy and realize that the Carp oline is manure. :lol:

like2god
09-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Wake up from your fantasy and realize that the Carp oline is manure. :lol:

Then what would that make the Jills oline?

fin1
09-05-2006, 01:20 PM
damn you are really good at math........... was it difficult to come up with that?

No he's a STEELER so he stole the quote from Lombardi.

fin1
09-05-2006, 01:21 PM
No it wasnt difficult

o and i am good at math.

Don't have a problem with plagerism more like it.

fin1
09-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Then what would that make the Jills oline?

The swirling dirty water.

mulpwr
09-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Your post count matches your cornerback's number that's gonna get toasted this week. He sucks whatever his name is. I guarantee you still have him cause you let all your good players go. Good luck being the third best team in your division......

So Randle El,Chris Hope and Kimo were the Steelers only good players. :sidelol:

BTW,Ike Taylor broke up the second most passes in the NFL last year.

The Steelers have more Hall Of Famers,more division titles,more playoff wins and more fans.

I guess the Fins stole Super Bowl VIII because they only had one penalty for four yards while the Vikings had seven penalties for 65 yards.

http://www.superbowl.com/history/boxscores/game/sbviii

Vertical Limit
09-05-2006, 01:41 PM
So Randle El,Chris Hope and Kimo were the Steelers only good players. :sidelol:

BTW,Ike Taylor broke up the second most passes in the NFL last year.

The Steelers have more Hall Of Famers,more division titles,more playoff wins and more fans.

I guess the Fins stole Super Bowl VIII because they only had one penalty for four yards while the Vikings had seven penalties for 65 yards.

http://www.superbowl.com/history/boxscores/game/sbviii
Are you going to dig them up out of their grave to play this Thursday? Sorry, but their was no chance in the Steelers winning this game with or without Hines and Ben. I still have a feeling they would try to come up with a corny come back this Thursday, and they will get humiliated in the end.

For the sake of Ben's career, he better not even try anything stupid. He is facing the team that had the second most sacks last season.

mulpwr
09-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Since we're talking about last year. I bet you thought Cleveland wouldn't beat the Fins last year.Oh,thats right they shut your sorry team out. Thats the same team we beat 41 to 0. So,you can sit there,beat your chest and act like the Fins are gawd's gift to the NFL. Meanwhile,this board will be unbearable when they lose.

The Steelers had two fewer sacks last year than the Fins and Ben survived facing the team that had the most sacks.

The Steelers have humiliated a lot of teams the last few years. The Fins have just been laughed at. :D

timbalu
09-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Since we're talking about last year. I bet you thought Cleveland wouldn't beat the Fins last year.Oh,thats right they shut your sorry team out. Thats the same team we beat 41 to 0. So,you can sit there,beat your chest and act like the Fins are gawd's gift to the NFL. Meanwhile,this board will be unbearable when they lose.

The Steelers had two fewer sacks last year than the Fins and Ben survived facing the team that had the most sacks.

The Steelers have humiliated a lot of teams the last few years. The Fins have just been laughed at. :D

The Fins still hold the edge in the series between the two teams. You're referring to game Ben played in, last year, but it looks like you've over-looked the fact that he's out this week, and being replaced by a "Biatch" who couldn't win a starting position in Detroit. Hines is nursing a tender hammy (which will only get worse in this game). You've got no Bus, no Randle-El, and NO WIN FOR THE STEELERS ! Glad you're running your mouth here, YOU will be the fool who'll be laughed at, not the Fins ! :boohoo:

EBMisfit
09-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Since we're talking about last year. I bet you thought Cleveland wouldn't beat the Fins last year.Wasn't that the same week that the Stealers lost to the Ravens, who hadn't scored a TD in 12 consecutive quarters?

Steel954
09-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Wasn't that the same week that the Stealers lost to the Ravens, who hadn't scored a TD in 12 consecutive quarters?

Sorry....but getting humiliated by the lowly Browns and losing one to a division rival that always plays tough are two very different things.

I mean you lost to the Browns :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

sorry I gotta go with a Kinzua on this one....

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Vertical Limit
09-05-2006, 03:20 PM

Actually I did. I'm not a homer, unlike yourself. Hello, we were 3-7 on our first ten games, on a rebuilt stage. The fact that we won 6 games straight after shocked me.

:lol:
Ben survived facing that team due to the worse officiating in Super Bowl history. I mean, if any Steeler fans actually think they won the Super Bowl clean and fair, then they should make an appointment with their family doctor and get their brain x-ray'd to look for damage. Push off by Darrell Jackson? Holding on the pro bowler, Walter Jones? Please.. Funny part of all this, most of those calls were made when Seattle was about to score. I'm surprised Randle El didn't get the MVP, I mean, he is the only one who can actually throw the ball in that team, oh and you lost him.

To bring up the Cleveland Browns game on a team in a rebuilt stage compared to a team who were expected to make the playoffs is reaching too far just to create a pathetic bash.

I'm not one to make excuses, but if you watch football outside of Pittsburgh, which I doubt because Steeler fans are the biggest homers in the world waving their ******ed towels that they stole from us, you would have known that Zach Thomas went out with a shoulder injury in the first quarter and we started our back-up QB Sage Rosenfels who only does well at Shotgun and when brought up in the middle of games.

I give Romeo Crennell and the Browns two seasons more and they will own the Pittsburgh Steelers for many many years.

But let's talk about now, we have 2 former first round pick QB's on our team; one of them named Joey Harrington who threw for 3 touchdowns against that "amazing" secondary that the Steelers have in Week 17 on a 'must win' shootout they had against the most laughable team in the league, Detroit Lions. Have they lost that game, we wouldn't even be talking about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl. :lol: More so, the biggest upset in the regular season.

The "bus" would have packed his bags and walked accross the street of Heinz Field and take a Greyhound home to Detroit to watch the Super Bowl next to his mommy. Or perhaps, done the commentating for the Super Bowl, which he sucks so bad, he makes Sean Salisbury look like a genius.

The other QB is named Daunte Culpepper, who has the 2nd highest completion percentage in history behind Steve Young. He also has a pro bowl receiver named Chris Chambers and 1 time pro bowlers Marty Booker and Randy McMichael, each is due to have an even better season now that they each have a real QB to throw them the ball. And don't forget about Ronnie Brown, if Troy doesn't get his game together and stop missing all those tackles he missed in the preseason, he will get his *** layed out.

Our defense is younger, faster and healthier, and you will hear the name Channing Crowder alot, and "Jason Taylor with ANOTHER sack" a few times during the game.

I got to say, Steelers have their hands full, don't you think? You can thank me later after the game for giving you a reality check. Good bye, and start looking at the NFL draft for 2007, you may as well get a Top 10 pick next season.

EBMisfit
09-05-2006, 03:23 PM
I explained the difference,even if you choose to ignore them. You're just making **** up because you don't have a comeback for those plays. Stick to stretching out the page,something you're good at.And some of us aren't stupid enough to buy your so-called "explantion". There's no more explanation for Recklessburger to have not have thrown the pass that was intercepted hard enough or for Ward to drop a TD pass than there is for Stevens to drop passes or Rouen to kick touchbacks. So keep on being a tool if you want, just don't kid yourself into believing that we don't know better.

mulpwr
09-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Thats correct.

Cleveland scored the fewest points in the NFL last year too. :lol:

Timbalu,

I haven't overlooked anything. You need to educate yourself a little more in order to know what someone has said previously.

Bettis and Randle El weren't the reason why the Steelers were good laat year.Its no wonder why Jets,Patriots and Bills fans think so little of your intelligence.:shakeno:

like2god
09-05-2006, 03:33 PM

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Birds of a feather. :wink:

Link
09-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Thats correct.

Cleveland scored the fewest points in the NFL last year too. :lol:

Timbalu,

I haven't overlooked anything. You need to educate yourself a little more in order to know what someone has said previously.

Bettis and Randle El weren't the reason why the Steelers were good laat year.Its no wonder why Jets,Patriots and Bills fans think so little of your intelligence.:shakeno:

Just proves that any given Sunday any team can win...

Flame
09-05-2006, 03:40 PM

True Steelers fans are very hard to come by these days

EBMisfit
09-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Sorry....but getting humiliated by the lowly Browns and losing one to a division rival that always plays tough are two very different things.

I mean you lost to the Browns :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:So, were you laughing like that when the Ravens beat you?

mulpwr
09-05-2006, 03:49 PM
And some of us aren't stupid enough to buy your so-called "explantion". There's no more explanation for Recklessburger to have not have thrown the pass that was intercepted hard enough or for Ward to drop a TD pass than there is for Stevens to drop passes or Rouen to kick touchbacks. So keep on being a tool if you want, just don't kid yourself into believing that we don't know better.

There's a reason passes are dropped.The WR or TE can have it knocked out of their hands or just drop it or hear "footsteps" from a defensive player and lose his concentration or get hit and the receiver loses the ball. Now,it doesn't get any easier than that.Things happen for different reasons.Every ball dropped didn't happen the same way. Ben even gave that explanation about not throwing it hard enough.

Details just aren't your forte'. Explanations do exist,even if simple reasons go over your head.

Those are different plays that were caused by different things happening. Cause and effect.Your version is everything gets thrown into a bag and viola.It doesn't work that way.

Once again,you can't deny that those plays occured,yet you avoid and ignore the main jest of the statements.

I've read enough of these boards to see stupid personified.

mulpwr
09-05-2006, 03:52 PM
True Steelers fans are very hard to come by these days

The Steelers have sold out their stadiums since 1972. I've never seen a Fins fan. They only exist on TV.:lol:

like2god
09-05-2006, 03:58 PM
The Steelers have sold out their stadiums since 1972. I've never seen a Fins fan. They only exist on TV.:lol:

That's funny because I was there with my brother when the Stealers lost to the Houston Oilers. :lol:

I saw alot of whiners and anger that day, one guy was yelling at his kid and kicking the side of his car. :sidelol: Good times. :sidelol:

mulpwr
09-05-2006, 04:41 PM
You're dubbed Homer Fin Fan. Your posts give you away.

Ben survived facing that team due to the worse officiating in Super Bowl history. Learn something.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YgiK1hMsaYM&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hv7xP9WjfgA&mode=related&search=

Actually the Fins beating the Vikings was a worst officiated Super Bowl.

It was Sean Locklear who held and was called for that,not Walter Jones. If you got that simple fact mixed up,you must get a lot of things messed up.

Those calls were made before the passes were completed. Duh,i thought everyone knew that.

Randle El threw 5 passes all season.Yeah,he was better than Ben LMAO. Thats fine if you can't recognize talent. All 22 Fins player are the bestest in the NFL and should go to the Pro Bowl,according to Homer Fin Fan. Ben only threw the most completed 40 yard + passes last year.

Injuries,you're bringing up injuries. By bringing it up,you're making excuses.

Myron Cope didn't steal anything from the Fins.

Bettis is rolling in something nice i'm sure and he doesn't have to sell weed,crack,coke or guns to get that nice ride.

Culpepper certainly knows how to complete balls,to the other team.He's going to a different offense in Miami.He's already thrown for more int. than TDs twice in his career and almost did it a third time.He's very erratic and inconsistent. Coming off major knee surgery,we'll see how he takes hits. Mularkey sucks as an offensive cordinator.He was the idiot who had the Steelers throw the ball 38 times to 23 rushing attempts in a snowstorm in New York. Have fun with mr gadget who does it at the most inappropiate times.

Pittsburgh Steelers 35,
Detroit Lions 21

Cleveland Browns 22,
Miami Dolphins 0

Like Charled,broiled and Fryed is going to lead the BrownStains to any ownage. RAC has Opie as a GM,who is very good ,yet can't find a decent QB.

A Cleveland RB made your Fins defense look bad,now thats funny.

Oh my, Pro Bowlers. The Steelers Alan Faneca,Jeff Hartings,Marvel Smith,Hines Ward,Aaron Smith,Casey Hampton,Joey Porter,James Farrior,Troy Polamalu have been to Pro Bowls too.

After all the hits,Ronnie Brown is going to take,he better learn how to hold onto the ball. Polamalu does miss tackles sometimes but the Steelers are a good defense and other players pick up the slack.

mulpwr
09-05-2006, 04:48 PM
That's funny because I was there with my brother when the Stealers lost to the Houston Oilers. :lol:

I saw alot of whiners and anger that day, one guy was yelling at his kid and kicking the side of his car. :sidelol: Good times. :sidelol:

I was on this board after the Steelers beat the Crackfins. It was so fun to see how this board was being spammed by everyone.:sidelol:

The Oilers didn't beat the Steelers in the 1989 Wild Card playoffs. :D

(http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Weeks/1989-wc)

EBMisfit
09-05-2006, 05:48 PM
I've read enough of these boards to see stupid personified.Thank you. I was trying to think of a perfect description of you and here you are supplying it yourself.

There's a reason passes are dropped.The WR or TE can have it knocked out of their hands or just drop it or hear "footsteps" from a defensive player and lose his concentration or get hit and the receiver loses the ball.Yeah, but I suppose it's just coincidental that bad things happened to the Seahawks because the Stealers made them happen, while bad things happened to the Stealers simply because.

Ben even gave that explanation about not throwing it hard enough.And I'd be willing to bet that Recklessburger makes that throw 10 times out of 10 in practice. Which means there has to be a cause for why he underthrew the ball in the game than just "well, it just happened".

Details just aren't your forte'. Explanations do exist,even if simple reasons go over your head.If only you were as good with logic as you were insults... oh, wait, your problem is that you are.

Those are different plays that were caused by different things happening. Cause and effect.Your version is everything gets thrown into a bag and viola.Your version is that there are no causes for Stealers misplays. Poof, they just happen out of thin air.

Once again,you can't deny that those plays occuredAnd I never once did try to deny them. What I have denied is your homeristic, one-sided interpretation of them.

yet you avoid and ignore the main jest of the statements.The only "jest" here is your attempt to portray the Seahawks as lucky bumblers who didn't even belong in the game.

Vertical Limit
09-05-2006, 07:16 PM
You're dubbed Homer Fin Fan. Your posts give you away.

Learn something.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YgiK1hMsaYM&mode=related&search=

Actually the Fins beating the Vikings was a worst officiated Super Bowl.

It was Sean Locklear who held and was called for that,not Walter Jones. If you got that simple fact mixed up,you must get a lot of things messed up.

Those calls were made before the passes were completed. Duh,i thought everyone knew that.

Randle El threw 5 passes all season.Yeah,he was better than Ben LMAO. Thats fine if you can't recognize talent. All 22 Fins player are the bestest in the NFL and should go to the Pro Bowl,according to Homer Fin Fan. Ben only threw the most completed 40 yard + passes last year.

Injuries,you're bringing up injuries. By bringing it up,you're making excuses.

Myron Cope didn't steal anything from the Fins.

Bettis is rolling in something nice i'm sure and he doesn't have to sell weed,crack,coke or guns to get that nice ride.

Culpepper certainly knows how to complete balls,to the other team.He's going to a different offense in Miami.He's already thrown for more int. than TDs twice in his career and almost did it a third time.He's very erratic and inconsistent. Coming off major knee surgery,we'll see how he takes hits. Mularkey sucks as an offensive cordinator.He was the idiot who had the Steelers throw the ball 38 times to 23 rushing attempts in a snowstorm in New York. Have fun with mr gadget who does it at the most inappropiate times.

Pittsburgh Steelers 35,

Detroit Lions 21

Cleveland Browns 22,
Miami Dolphins 0

Like Charled,broiled and Fryed is going to lead the BrownStains to any ownage. RAC has Opie as a GM,who is very good ,yet can't find a decent QB.

A Cleveland RB made your Fins defense look bad,now thats funny.

Oh my, Pro Bowlers. The Steelers Alan Faneca,Jeff Hartings,Marvel Smith,Hines Ward,Aaron Smith,Casey Hampton,Joey Porter,James Farrior,Troy Polamalu have been to Pro Bowls too.

After all the hits,Ronnie Brown is going to take,he better learn how to hold onto the ball. Polamalu does miss tackles sometimes but the Steelers are a good defense and other players pick up the slack.
Locklear, Walter Jones, what ever. That was the worse Super Bowl of all time, and the 2005 Steelers are the worse champions of all sports in history. You think I bothered to even pay attention to that crap of a game? The Buffalo Bills deserve a championship more than Pittsburgh, atleast we know that the officials wouldn't be rooting for them. :lol:

Also, Culpepper throws INT's? Yeah, I'm sure that the 2005 rank 25 passing defense will actually be effective. :rolleyes: You guys even made the Eagles look as if Terrell Owens was still in that offense in Week 3 of the preseason. :sidelol:

What happened in the offseason? Too much celebrating at Disney and now your team is fat and out of shape? If you actually think you are going to repeat this year, then you should really lay off those drugs.

Sethdaddy8
09-05-2006, 09:59 PM
* Here, stick that next to your cowardly superbowl victory, and be prepared for a tremendous pounding on Thursday. :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Mike13
09-05-2006, 10:31 PM
I've read enough of these boards to see stupid personified.

You should look in the mirror more often.
Do you plan on staying here if your team loses?

GrieseItalian
09-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Obviously, Opie, sarcasm is beyond the scope of your limited skills. :lol:

Wow kinzua . youre a smart hippo , can u do tricks too? :gonzo:

mulpwr
09-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Misfit,

Trying to think of what i look like? I don't swing that way.

Earlier you stated

anything that went wrong for Seattle is attributed to poor performance on their part, whereas anything that went right for them you ascribe to luck.

Then you said

that bad things happened to the Seahawks because the Stealers made them happen, while bad things happened to the Stealers simply because.

Bad things happened to the Seahawks for both reasons. I didn't bring up all the good things the Seahawks did either. They did execute correctly on a lot of plays.Darrell Jackson caught a lot of early passes, JJ caught several key passes,as well as Bobby Engram,Josh Brown did make a 47 yard FG,Hasselbeck had a very good game,TE Stephens did get wide open for the TD catch and caught the ball while Alexander got to the outside for a 20 yard gain.

Some of the bad things that happened to the Steelers were because of the Seahawks and some due to mental mistakes. Thats the way it is in every NFL game. This one is no different.

Ben did say that he was more nervous for the Super Bowl than any other game,which is to be expected. He didn't throw the ball hard enough.An overthrow would have been better. Maybe he got excited and thats why he underthrew it,who knows why.He missed a wide open receiver though.
You're trying to deal with absolutes in a game where the same plays can produce different results.

Your problem is not only logical common sense but being extremely contentious. I'm not throwing insults because if i was,they would be more flagrant.

There are causes for Steelers mishaps.You just think mental mistakes can't happen by a team on their own. I didn't cover every single thing the Steelers did wrong or what Seattle did to cause that.

What i did do was show how Seattle had opportunities to make plays and failed.

I never said all the bad things that happened to the Seahawks were solely because of the Steelers.

Homeristic? Its what happened. Funny,how you can't refute each and every one of those plays.

I never said the Seahawks didn't belong. Thats just you once again talking out of your *** like you do on this board every day. I never brought up my opinion on the Seahawks team.Just what they did in the Super Bowl.

mulpwr
09-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Locklear, Walter Jones, what ever. That was the worse Super Bowl of all time, and the 2005 Steelers are the worse champions of all sports in history. You think I bothered to even pay attention to that crap of a game? The Buffalo Bills deserve a championship more than Pittsburgh, atleast we know that the officials wouldn't be rooting for them. :lol:

No, not whatever. Since you can't tell the difference between a RT or a LT or a great offensive lineman and a mediocre one,your opinions Homer Fin Fan are just inept. I wouldn't expect you to respect the Steelers. Hell,you can't even respect what the Patriots did. If the Fins don't win the Super Bowl,in your eyes that game doesn't count.

Also, Culpepper throws INT's? Yeah, I'm sure that the 2005 rank 25 passing defense will actually be effective. :rolleyes: You guys even made the Eagles look as if Terrell Owens was still in that offense in Week 3 of the preseason. :sidelol:

Preseason,you think preseason means anything? The Steelers starting offense didn't score in the 2005 preseason,yet scored more than 30 points in each the first two games.

Oh last year, http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-PASSING/2005/regular?sort_col_1=8

Learn how to read a simple chart.Seattle was 25th in passing yardage allowed.Pittsburgh was 16th, while Miami was 20th.

Only one team,the Chicago Bears,allowed fewer touchdown passes than the Steelers.

What happened in the offseason? Too much celebrating at Disney and now your team is fat and out of shape? If you actually think you are going to repeat this year, then you should really lay off those drugs.

You don't know much about how Cowher has his team ready every season. I never said the Steelers will repeat. What i find thats funny is how many on here think the fins will not only run away with the regular season but win the Super Bowl.

mulpwr
09-06-2006, 11:58 AM
You should look in the mirror more often.
Do you plan on staying here if your team loses?

Wow,more "i know you are but what am i " smack.:rolleyes2

There are so many idiotic and childish posts on this board, its like a frenzy for preschool.

Look when i signed up and yes i do, here and there,if the topics can be more objective and less of the cheerleading type. I'll even give credit to the Fins if they win. Thats more than i can say for a lot of the Fins fans,who shouldn't act like the end of the world with a loss or that they're the team to beat with a win.:D

Vertical Limit
09-06-2006, 01:14 PM
No, not whatever. Since you can't tell the difference between a RT or a LT or a great offensive lineman and a mediocre one,your opinions Homer Fin Fan are just inept. I wouldn't expect you to respect the Steelers. Hell,you can't even respect what the Patriots did. If the Fins don't win the Super Bowl,in your eyes that game doesn't count.
Who says I don't respect what the Patriots did? They won 3 Super Bowls in the last 5 years, they are a great team. Just because I don't respect what the Steelers did last year doesn't mean I don't respect what the Patriots did. The Steelers had a whole mess of bull**** biased calls, while the Patriots had the simple tuck rule, and atleast you can forgive the officials over there since they had to fight through snow; that holding by Locklear and the push off by Darrell Jackson were bull****, that's what happens when the NFL put ******ed referees like Bill Leavy to do the most important game of the year, which turned out to be the crappiest game of all time. And I was rooting for the Steelers in the playoffs.

Also, can you read? I barely watch any of that ******ed Super Bowl.

Preseason,you think preseason means anything? The Steelers starting offense didn't score in the 2005 preseason,yet scored more than 30 points in each the first two games.
Good luck with that with Charlie Batch, a runningback who has yet to prove he can be an every down back, and a starting receiver who hasn't played a down all preseason. :lol: I hope Ben recovers quickly before the game.

Big whoopty ****ing do, you averaged 30 points against the Tennesee Titans and Houston Texans last season! Wait, didn't they get Top 3 NFL draft picks last season?

Oh last year, http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NF...r?sort_col_1=8 (http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-PASSING/2005/regular?sort_col_1=8)

Learn how to read a simple chart.Seattle was 25th in passing yardage allowed.Pittsburgh was 16th, while Miami was 20th.

Only one team,the Chicago Bears,allowed fewer touchdown passes than the Steelers.
Sorry, I misread the chart. That still doesn't impress me, especially when the last 3 of 4 games were against the Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings, and Cleveland Browns. Enough said. :lol:

You don't know much about how Cowher has his team ready every season. I never said the Steelers will repeat. What i find thats funny is how many on here think the fins will not only run away with the regular season but win the Super Bowl.
Yeah, and if they are ready, which I doubt from the looks of their faces, this will be the last season, as I have no doubt that Cowher will step out after a dissapointing 6-10 season.

Also, check my profile, I have the Bengals going all the way. :) Go Carson!

bigbry
09-06-2006, 03:43 PM

"Its the first game of the season which means nothing in the long run.[/QUOTE]"

Seems to me this is the 1st of many "admissions" this coming Fri. morning.
I believe what you were saying was yeah, we are going to get beat without Ben, but its just the 1st game of the season.

BB

Phinlivin'in703
09-06-2006, 03:45 PM
09/20/98 -- at Miami 21, Pittsburgh 0

*cough*cough*

Eatfish4bkfst55
09-06-2006, 04:24 PM
We'll see how Dante handled all that pressure tomorrow.

mulpwr
09-06-2006, 05:15 PM
The Steelers had a whole mess of bull**** biased calls, while the Patriots had the simple tuck rule, and atleast you can forgive the officials over there since they had to fight through snow; that holding by Locklear and the push off by Darrell Jackson were bull****

No, they weren't.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YgiK1hMsaYM&mode=related&search

that's what happens when the NFL put ******ed referees like Bill Leavy to do the most important game of the year, which turned out to be the crappiest game of all time. And I was rooting for the Steelers in the playoffs.

Bill Leavy has been an official since 1995 and is a retired San Jose, California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose%2C_California) Police Officer and Firefighter, serving for 27 years. Leavy has thus far been assigned to eight playoff games and two Super Bowls in his NFL officiating career. He was selected as a back judge on the Super Bowl XXXIV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXIV) officiating crew in 2000 and most recently headed up the Super Bowl XL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XL) officiating crew as referee in 2006.

You may disagree with his decisions but i don't think he was biased either way.

Good luck with that with Charlie Batch, a runningback who has yet to prove he can be an every down back, and a starting receiver who hasn't played a down all preseason. :lol: I hope Ben recovers quickly before the game.

If Batch was the permanent starter,i can see your pessimistic nature.Willie Parker had 1200 yards last year ,so i think he proved he can be an every down back just as much as a Ronnie Brown per say. The Steelers didn't even have to draft him at number 2 overall.Heck,he went undrafted lol.Parker doesn't have to be an every down back because he won't be the third down back.Thats probally Verron Haynes job. Ward has been around for eight seasons. Its not like he's in a new system on a new team for a new coach. Ward doesn't have to practice to be effective because the QB passing him the ball he's played with before.Furthermore,he did practice some this week.

Big whoopty ****ing do, you averaged 30 points against the Tennesee Titans and Houston Texans last season! Wait, didn't they get Top 3 NFL draft picks last season?

Yep and we blew them out. You're the one who thinks preseason means something when it doesn't whatsoever.The Fins lost to a team that picked number #4 and #7 overall.

Sorry, I misread the chart. That still doesn't impress me, especially when the last 3 of 4 games were against the Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings, and Cleveland Browns. Enough said

Beating three teams on the road wouldn't impress you either. The Fins lost to the worst scoring team by getting shut out and that 6 game winning streak was against some powerhouses LMAO. Even Matt Cassel had a good game.

Yeah, and if they are ready, which I doubt from the looks of their faces, this will be the last season, as I have no doubt that Cowher will step out after a dissapointing 6-10 season.

Wow,so now the expressions on players faces mean how good they'll play LMAO. This from someone who said Andre Goodman and Will Allen will be great for us for many, many years and you have no worries about your secondary, they both have played great during the preseason and have shut down most receivers for the most part of the preseason. Pffffttttttt,yep you're Homer Fin fan.

Also, check my profile, I have the Bengals going all the way. :) Go Carson Yeah,you're also 19 and it shows.

mulpwr
09-06-2006, 05:19 PM
09/20/98 -- at Miami 21, Pittsburgh 0

*cough*cough*

I didn't realize Kordell Stewart was facing the great QB Dan Marino tomorrow.:rolleyes2

Vertical Limit
09-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Wow,so now the expressions on players faces mean how good they'll play LMAO. This from someone who said Andre Goodman and Will Allen will be great for us for many, many years and you have no worries about your secondary, they both have played great during the preseason and have shut down most receivers for the most part of the preseason. Pffffttttttt,yep you're Homer Fin fan.
So you are stalking me now? I guess I have fans. :lol: I can't even find the topic where I posted that; can you please link me since you have a tracking device on my temp files? I forgot where I posted that and I want to check back into that topic to see the replies.

Thanks.

Oh and don't worry, I'm done with this topic for now. Will post a laughing topic to mulpwr after we beat the Steelers tommorow.

huck1974
09-06-2006, 06:33 PM
I didn't realize Kordell Stewart was facing the great QB Dan Marino tomorrow.:rolleyes2

yep
same thing different year

Actually, kordell was better than batch

Mike13
09-07-2006, 12:32 AM

Our QB was better then in that game, as it is now.

MastR_EvaluatoR
09-07-2006, 12:37 AM

You mean, Make sure you pop in when you lose Thursday Squealer fan, or forever be deemed a little wuss .

retired opfinistic
09-07-2006, 06:39 PM
You might want to wipe off some of the crusty white film thats sticking to it and look again. :D:rolleyes: I'll never loan it to you again.