PDA

View Full Version : Cutting images not using lasso tool

phinfanfrommd
09-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Is their an easier way to cut a part of an image out without using the lasso tool?

Link
09-05-2006, 12:41 AM
Is their an easier way to cut a part of an image out without using the lasso tool?

I use the eraser and magic eraser. It seems to do it faster for me.

feelthepain
09-05-2006, 01:08 AM
I am very meticulous, I spend the time to zoom in and cut carefully. I'm sure there are faster ways to do it, but I get very clean sharp exact cuts when I take the time to do the job right to start with. Besides since I'm saving my cutouts for possible later work, I will always have clean work. But that's just me.

Tone_E
09-05-2006, 01:28 AM
I am very meticulous, I spend the time to zoom in and cut carefully. I'm sure there are faster ways to do it, but I get very clean sharp exact cuts when I take the time to do the job right to start with. Besides since I'm saving my cutouts for possible later work, I will always have clean work. But that's just me.

Exactly the way I feel.

Dont you hate when you lassoo and by accident click the same spot twice, then the selection goes in and out of the image you want to cut? :tantrum: Damn that upsets me, especially if I went a long way before cutting that specific section off. I cant do it continuously.

feelthepain
09-05-2006, 01:35 AM
Exactly the way I feel.

Dont you hate when you lassoo and by accident click the same spot twice, then the selection goes in and out of the image you want to cut? :tantrum: Damn that upsets me, especially if I went a long way before cutting that specific section off. I cant do it continuously.

Yep!!!:fire:

darkmistress
09-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Exactly the way I feel.

you can add and subtract from a selection so you don't have to start again :yes:

phinfanfrommd
09-05-2006, 02:17 AM

thats exactly why i posted this thread

unifiedtheory
09-05-2006, 02:21 AM
I don't think I've ever used the lasso tool in my 4 years of using Photoshop...

I zoom in and hand erase. Always have. I will occasionally use the background eraser tool to get started and get rid of the background clutter.

Doing good cut outs is all about patience.

FITM
09-05-2006, 02:23 AM
I use the polyigonal lasso tool. I've also used the pen tool.