PDA

View Full Version : Steelers SUCK!

CHAMBERS8484
09-05-2006, 12:41 AM
Yeah you heard me say it and I'm not ashamed of it. The definition of Steeler football is the power running game and defense. Who's the power back? Is Willie Parker a power back? I think not. The Steelers defense is good against the run, but against the pass? No one can stop Chris Chambers. This is going to be a one-sided slaughter. Daunte is gonna air it out like we've never seen. Watch, just watch, the Steeler offense will have posession for a total of 10-15 minutes this whole game.

Dolphin Nation Baby!

DolphinDevil28
09-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Charlie Batch is going down like panties on prom night!!!!

Woooooooooo!!!!!!

PhinSoldia
09-05-2006, 12:43 AM
the only hope for the steelers winning the game is sitting on the side line...i said it before...its going to be a blowout

Majpain
09-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Sent to the Depths in 5...4...3...2..1..........

Fresh
09-05-2006, 12:54 AM

Woooooooooo!!!!!!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

*sits back, watches the few days go by, waits for DD28's 'Woooooooo!' thread on Thursday*

:cooldude:

DolphinDevil28
09-05-2006, 12:55 AM
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

*sits back, watches the few days go by, waits for DD28's 'Woooooooo!' thread on Thursday*

:cooldude:

It's going to be unlike any one before.

unifiedtheory
09-05-2006, 01:17 AM
It's going to be unlike any one before.:lol:

endorPHINS72
09-05-2006, 01:26 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!! ME LIKEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Aqua4Ever04
09-05-2006, 01:45 AM

I'm thinkin' you throw in a couple more o's or something. That would be awesome!

Bopkin02
09-05-2006, 06:28 AM
I don't want to be a party pooper, but I can't see this game being a slaughter. Can any of you explain using X's and O's examples why this game will be so lopsided?
I'm very nervous about this one, even more so since Roethlisberger's out. I hate back-ups. Sometimes they catch you by surprise.

Flame
09-05-2006, 06:32 AM
I don't want to be a party pooper, but I can't see this game being a slaughter. Can any of you explain using X's and O's examples why this game will be so lopsided?
I'm very nervous about this one, even more so since Roethlisberger's out. I hate back-ups. Sometimes they catch you by surprise.

I'm nervous about every game, thats the reason why I don't say we will win blah blah.

jlfin
09-05-2006, 06:46 AM

Because Batch is a below average NFL player, Hines Ward hasn't had a full practice all preseason and still has a sore hamstring. Parker is a role player, not an every down back.
Steelers have a tough front 7 and are hard to run against, but they are vulnerable in the passing game.
The Steelers will have difficulty moving the ball against the various fronts and formations that Capers will use.
I expect Batch to turn it over a few times.
I don't expect a blowout because the Steeler defense will keep it close, but I would be very deflated if the Dolphins struggle against a banged up team like the Steelers. They should be seeing blood in the water and going for the jugular in this one.

late again
09-05-2006, 06:58 AM

Woooooooooo!!!!!!
Man that's the funniest line I've heard (read) in awhile!! Thanks.:sidelol:

And Yeah!! I'm with you guys. Steelers lose!!

late again
09-05-2006, 07:05 AM
Because Batch is a below average NFL player, Hines Ward hasn't had a full practice all preseason and still has a sore hamstring. Parker is a role player, not an every down back.
Steelers have a tough front 7 and are hard to run against, but they are vulnerable in the passing game.
The Steelers will have difficulty moving the ball against the various fronts and formations that Capers will use.
I expect Batch to turn it over a few times.
I don't expect a blowout because the Steeler defense will keep it close, but I would be very deflated if the Dolphins struggle against a banged up team like the Steelers. They should be seeing blood in the water and going for the jugular in this one.

I also expect that to a certain degree the loses of Randel-El, Chris Hope and Bettis will be felt. While I don't think those losses automatically drop them from "contender to pretender" status I think that it weakens them. Add in the fact that Ben is out and as you stated Ward isn't 100%. We can come out of there with a win.

dolfanrodney
09-05-2006, 07:15 AM
Bopkin02 is right, remember Ben's first ever start against us 2 years ago? I do, I was there and he was a backup then, an untested unproven rookie backup. Don't get me wrong, this game is VERY winable but with Porter and Troy on defense and Willie Parker's ability once he gets in the open field this could still be a very very close game decided by one team making one more mistake then the other.

Steel954
09-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Yeah you heard me say it and I'm not ashamed of it. The definition of Steeler football is the power running game and defense. Who's the power back? Is Willie Parker a power back? I think not. The Steelers defense is good against the run, but against the pass? No one can stop Chris Chambers. This is going to be a one-sided slaughter. Daunte is gonna air it out like we've never seen. Watch, just watch, the Steeler offense will have posession for a total of 10-15 minutes this whole game.

Dolphin Nation Baby!

Well first the fish and C0kpuffer would have to be able to pass on the Steelers D, which isn't going to happen. C0kpuffer will be pressured all game and be hurting by the 3rd quarter. Go ask Peyton Manning and the Colts O line how that works.

steeda
09-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Well first the fish and C0kpuffer would have to be able to pass on the Steelers D, which isn't going to happen. C0kpuffer will be pressured all game and be hurting by the 3rd quarter. Go ask Peyton Manning and the Colts O line how that works.

By chance you ever head down to Rooney's to watch the games?

Motion
09-05-2006, 09:35 AM

You talk like you actually have a decent secondary! :sidelol:

Steel954
09-05-2006, 10:05 AM
By chance you ever head down to Rooney's to watch the games?

I usually go to Ale House when I have to go out to watch them. Occasionally I stop in to Primanti Bros on OPB to grab some wings and will sit there and watch for a little while.

Steel954
09-05-2006, 10:06 AM
You talk like you actually have a decent secondary! :sidelol:

You talk like you actually have an decent QB and Oline. :sidelol: :sidelol:

Motion
09-05-2006, 10:13 AM
I''l take Culpepper over Recklessbeger anyday and twice on Sunday.

Steel954
09-05-2006, 10:45 AM
I''l take Culpepper over Recklessbeger anyday and twice on Sunday.

Which is why you will not see a Fish represented SB while C0kpuffer is in a Fish uniform.

BLITZKRIEG
09-05-2006, 11:13 AM
"Cavity Ben" - http://www.profootballtalk.com/CavityBen.jpg

:lol:

Motion
09-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Which is why you will not see a Fish represented SB while C0kpuffer is in a Fish uniform.

:rolleyes2 As opposed to be handed a SB by the refs like that sham last year?

Please, remind me what Ben's rating was for that SB? He looked REAL good.

EBMisfit
09-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Which is why you will not see a Fish represented SB while C0kpuffer is in a Fish uniform.Thanks for the free reading, Ms. Cleo.

And just what is the reason why we'll never see Culpepper in the SB? Because Motion prefers him to Recklessburger? Let me guess, you're another one of those trolls who flunked logic.

Colorado Dolfan
09-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Please, remind me what Ben's rating was for that SB? He looked REAL good.

22.6... Definitely "elite" level...:D

Steel954
09-05-2006, 12:01 PM
22.6... Definitely "elite" level...:D

Well his QB rating in the SB wasn't as good as Culpeppers rating in the SB he played in......er.....uh......oh sorry, C0kpuffer hasn't been in a SB....oops....:sidelol:

Kinzua
09-05-2006, 12:13 PM

:woot:

retired opfinistic
09-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Well his QB rating in the SB wasn't as good as Culpeppers rating in the SB he played in......er.....uh......oh sorry, C0kpuffer hasn't been in a SB....oops....:sidelol:yet, you forgot yet.

Kinzua
09-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Well his QB rating in the SB wasn't as good as Culpeppers rating in the SB he played in......er.....uh......oh sorry, C0kpuffer hasn't been in a SB....oops....:sidelol:

Oh, no, Steel! You're in for it now! You're going to be buried in a sh!tload of "but we won two Super Bowls 30+ years ago" posts from the Carpland History Buffs!!! :sidelol:

EBMisfit
09-05-2006, 12:18 PM
You talk like you actually have an decent QB and Oline. :sidelol: :sidelol:You talk like you actually have a QB smart enough to wear a motorcycle helmet.

Link
09-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Oh, no, Steel! You're in for it now! You're going to be buried in a sh!tload of "but we won two Super Bowls 30+ years ago" posts from the Carpland History Buffs!!! :sidelol:

At least we won two unlike the Barfalo Bozos. That reminds me. Barfalo has been to four and lost all four. Sad... Just sad.... The way I see it, you have no room to talk.

Link
09-05-2006, 12:20 PM
You talk like you actually have a QB smart enough to wear a motorcycle helmet.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

like2god
09-05-2006, 12:31 PM

Hey Kinzua, I know how much you love the :sidelol: , so being the nice guy that I am I decided to edit it just for you. Enjoy...

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/like2god/Bills-trophy-case.gif

or should I say...

EBMisfit
09-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Oh, no, Steel! You're in for it now! You're going to be buried in a sh!tload of "but we won two Super Bowls 30+ years ago" posts from the Carpland History Buffs!!! :sidelol:2 SB wins 30+ years ago >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 SB wins ever

Link
09-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Hey Kinzua, I know how much you love the :sidelol: , so being the nice guy that I am I decided to edit it just for you. Enjoy...

or should I say...

ERR...

Very funny man.

like2god
09-05-2006, 12:35 PM

ERR...

Very funny man.

It's my new favorite smiley.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/01/Billstrophycase-1.gif

I will ask the mods again if I can have it.

Mike13
09-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Someone please remind Steel who's playing and who's not for the Steelers.

Link
09-05-2006, 12:38 PM

Its no use. He is delussional and thinks his whole team is full of probowlers.

Link
09-05-2006, 12:39 PM
It's my new favorite smiley.

I will ask the mods again if I can have it.

Too bad I think you have to be a VIP. But maybe they will still add it since it is hilarious.

Kinzua
09-05-2006, 12:42 PM
At least we won two unlike the Barfalo Bozos. That reminds me. Barfalo has been to four and lost all four. Sad... Just sad.... The way I see it, you have no room to talk.

Sweetpea, the last Carp Super Bowl win was so long ago that if your parents were real precocious procreators, they might not have been around for that ancient event! :evil:

like2god
09-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Sweetpea, the last Carp Super Bowl win was so long that if your parents were real precocious procreators, they might not have been around for that ancient event! :evil:

I think you left out a word that would actually make this sentence make some sort of sense, I'll let you figure out which one. :D

Kinzua
09-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Its no use. He is delussional and thinks his whole team is full of probowlers.

Compared to the Carp, it is. :D

How about 3 recent Pro-Bowlers just on the offensive line (Fanica, Hartings, Smith) as well as Ward being a perennial Pro Bowl pick?

How about 2 recent Pro-Bowlers at LB and S (Porter and Polamalu)?

Plus their NT was an injury sub in the 2006 Pro Bowl.

That's 7 guys in the last 3 years. How many for the Carp?

Steel954
09-05-2006, 12:59 PM

I am more than aware of who will be playing for the Steelers and who won't be. The sad thing for you fish fans is that you will still end up 0-1 come Friday morning. And then all the Steeler fans on here will be reminding you that you lost without this Steeler and/or that Steeler even taking the field.

mulpwr
09-05-2006, 01:01 PM

Dolphin Nation Baby!

Parker did ok in his role last year. I would say the Steelers secondary is better than the Bills.Only the Bears allowed fewer passing touchdowns.The Jets stopped Chambers last year. Matter of fact,if Chambers was so unstoppable,he would be considered the best WR in the game. I'm not saying he isn't good but after all,he's your favorite player so you're biased.

So you believe Culpepper is going to break Norm Van Brocklin's passing yardage record of 555 yards. :rolleyes2 Yeah,i'm going to watch and don't expect any sympathy from opposing fans when they laugh at your unrealistic expectations.

Late Again,

Chris Hope was a weak link in the secondary as his coverage skills and missed open field tackles hurt us.While a good punt returner,Randle El would have two great games a year and the rest fizz out. His 35 catches are easily replaced,while throwing five passes hardly constitutes a weapon week after week.(not saying you said that.) Bettis was on his last legs and if some resemblence can't be shown by the combination of the younger backs,its only the coaching staffs fault. His 368 yards and 66% third down conversion rate can be duplicated.The goal line will have to be compensated in many different matters.

Motion,

Our secondary and pass defense is better than yours in every catagory.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-RECEIVING/2005/regular?sort_col_1=4&_1:col_1=7

When you're ahead late in the fourth quarter,teams have a tendency to try to pass to catch up.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YgiK1hMsaYM&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hv7xP9WjfgA

Good think Mike Pereira, the NFL's head of officiating,knows how to interpret the rules.

Ben had a 148.7,95.3,124.9 QB rating in the playoffs before the Super Bowl. Don't like that,do you.:wink:

EBMisfit,

The accident wasn't his fault but yeah he should wear a helmet.Unfortunately,lots of motorcycle riders don't. If he would have wore it,there's speculation his neck would have snapped.Who knows though.

Who says NFL players have to be smart.He does know how to win.

Kinzua
09-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Who says NFL players have to be smart.He does know how to win.

That's true. I think Daunte had one of the lowest Wonderlic scores of all QBs who've taken the test ... not that that could have anything to do with his inability to adapt to a new offense last year!

steeda
09-05-2006, 01:34 PM
That's true. I think Daunte had one of the lowest Wonderlic scores of all QBs who've taken the test ... not that that could have anything to do with his inability to adapt to a new offense last year!

Regardless of which, his wonderlic score is leaps and bounds higher than anything you could produce if you took the same test.

Kinzua
09-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Regardless of which, his wonderlic score is leaps and bounds higher than anything you could produce if you took the same test.

I doubt it. :evil:

EBMisfit
09-05-2006, 03:54 PM
I doubt it. :evil:Then again, you believe yourself to be an expert on New York geography and seeing how thoroughly you messed that one up, it's hard to give any creedence to your doubt.