PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Kurt Angle

WeVie
09-05-2006, 01:12 AM
For any of you wondering where Kurt Angle is I found out. Here is a letter he wrote for the fans on impactwrestling.com that Angle posted on his site.

To all my respective fans in WWE/ECW,

The letter you are about to read is not from WWE, nor from my agent, but from me- Kurt Angle…to my all fans.

This is my personal ‘Thank You' straight from my heart, to all my fans for being here with me and providing me with the most honorable privilege to perform and entertain for you. Thank you for tuning into your TVs weekly, for visiting me at hundreds of house show chanting ‘You Suck' (I love that phrase), to every single good, bad or indifferent e-mail I've received over the past 6 years and continue to receive daily.

Thank you for being there and making my life truly blessed. When I came to WWE, many fans..........

For the rest go to http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=8707

FinFan72
09-05-2006, 08:25 AM
that was a good read

The Rev
09-05-2006, 08:40 AM
Great read. I hope he finally realizes how important his family is to him.

CharlestonPhan
09-05-2006, 11:17 AM
here is an article written in my hometown paper by Mike Mooneyham on Angle... hopefully he will get his health and family issues in order.

whether he ever returns to wrestling or not, i dont care. i dont want to see Kurt Angle become the next Eddie Guerrerro... or the next Brian Pillman, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Louie Spiccoli, David, Kerry, Mike, or Chris Von Erich, Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy, Gino Hernandez, Art Barr, Gentleman Chris Adams... im sure there are many names ive missed, the list of those in wrestling who've died way too young goes on and on...

take care of yourself Kurt.

http://www.charleston.net/assets/webPages/departmental/news/ColumnistsArticles.aspx?columnist=mooneyham

mor911
09-05-2006, 11:35 AM
I apologize for my ignorance on the issue, but what happened to him?

Rocky Raccoon
09-05-2006, 11:56 AM
I don't watch wrestling too much anymore but I loved watching Kurt Angle...he was so talented and put on a great show each and every time.

CharlestonPhan
09-05-2006, 01:29 PM
I apologize for my ignorance on the issue, but what happened to him?

Kurt Angle got fired from the WWE by owner Vince McMahon so that he would be forced to take the time necessary to heal up multiple serious injuries and get help for an addiction to pain meds brought on by those injuries. he has 2 small children and i think he finally had a moment of clarity and realized if he didnt slow down he might orphan them. everyone who follows wrestling remembers too well the passing of Eddie Guerrerro and Owen Hart not too long ago.

in his last match, he tore his groin muscle, and continued the match. while compensating for that injury he managed to tear an abdominal muscle from the pelvic bone, yet still continued the match. finally, several minutes later as the match was reaching its conclusion he shredded his hamstring as well, but did still finished the match.

he won an Olympic gold medal in wrestling with a broken neck risking paralysis, and continued wrestling professionaly with a second broken neck for over a year before finally undergoing several "minor" (short term fix) surgeries so he could put off the major surgery (a neck fusion) he needs to fix it right, but which in turn will probaby end his in-ring career.

McMahon, rightly so, didnt want to risk another wrestler dropping dead and the negative media attention that it would cause, and i know he genuinely cares for the guy as well, who is as hard a worker and as entertaining as anyone in wrestling. heck, he is one of the few reasons left to watch the WWE these days.

the guys names i posted before all died before their time, several from overdoses of one form or another and at least one was a suicide.

needless to say the "fake" sport of wrestling takes its toal on people...

Jt0323
09-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Kurt Angle got fired from the WWE by owner Vince McMahon so that he would be forced to take the time necessary to heal up multiple serious injuries and get help for an addiction to pain meds brought on by those injuries. he has 2 small children and i think he finally had a moment of clarity and realized if he didnt slow down he might orphan them. everyone who follows wrestling remembers too well the passing of Eddie Guerrerro and Owen Hart not too long ago.

in his last match, he tore his groin muscle, and continued the match. while compensating for that injury he managed to tear an abdominal muscle from the pelvic bone, yet still continued the match. finally, several minutes later as the match was reaching its conclusion he shredded his hamstring as well, but did still finished the match.

he won an Olympic gold medal in wrestling with a broken neck risking paralysis, and continued wrestling professionaly with a second broken neck for over a year before finally undergoing several "minor" (short term fix) surgeries so he could put off the major surgery (a neck fusion) he needs to fix it right, but which in turn will probaby end his in-ring career.

McMahon, rightly so, didnt want to risk another wrestler dropping dead and the negative media attention that it would cause, and i know he genuinely cares for the guy as well, who is as hard a worker and as entertaining as anyone in wrestling. heck, he is one of the few reasons left to watch the WWE these days.

the guys names i posted before all died before their time, several from overdoses of one form or another and at least one was a suicide.

needless to say the "fake" sport of wrestling takes its toal on people...
Owen heart death and eddie Guerrero\'s death is completely different...and Kurt Angle did not get fired... Angle wanted to retire... he was in to much pain and he said he did not want to wrestle while taking pain killers... It seems that him and Vince had a big argument over the fact angle wanted to leave... but he was not fired...he chosed to leave...Another reason Angle left is he is tring to get back with his wife...He has a little girl and a baby on the way to worry about...i personally glad he decided to take a break...he gave so much to the business that he deserves to get better and get his life straight...

CharlestonPhan
09-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Owen heart death and eddie Guerrero\'s death is completely different...and Kurt Angle did not get fired... Angle wanted to retire... he was in to much pain and he said he did not want to wrestle while taking pain killers... It seems that him and Vince had a big argument over the fact angle wanted to leave... but he was not fired...he chosed to leave...Another reason Angle left is he is tring to get back with his wife...He has a little girl and a baby on the way to worry about...i personally glad he decided to take a break...he gave so much to the business that he deserves to get better and get his life straight...

Kurt Angle HAS been wrestling while taking pain pills for years. the fact that Angle got fired by Vince has been widely reported and is not in dispute. from Mike Mooneyham's (a wrestling journalist and insider for 25 years) article i referenced in another post above:

"The 37-year-old Angle's storied career came to a crashing halt a little more than a week ago when WWE owner Vince McMahon decided it was time to pull the plug. The Olympic hero was on a path to destruction, and everyone in the company knew it."

granted, it was not a firing in the sense of "get out and dont every come back, we dont need you anymore," it was done because Angle has said things like this in bold before (also from the Moooneyham article):

"Most close to Angle admit he had become obsessed with the business, and was willing to do anything to maintain the adrenaline rush he had become so fond of. The roar of the crowd made him work even harder despite his growing pain and worsening injuries. "Vince McMahon is literally going to have to fire me in order for me to stop wrestling," Angle had told the Chicago Sun-Times earlier this year."

bottom line: Vince knew that Kurt wasnt going to take the time off he needed or get the help he needed any other way. also, Vince has said that he looks forward to Kurt working in the WWE again the in not too distant future.

Kurt has had time to reflect and has come to realize his family and health are more important. thus his "thank you" to Vince in the letter posted at the beginning of the thread.

Jt0323
09-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Kurt Angle HAS been wrestling while taking pain pills for years. the fact that Angle got fired by Vince has been widely reported and is not in dispute. from Mike Mooneyham\'s (a wrestling journalist and insider for 25 years) article i referenced in another post above:

"The 37-year-old Angle\'s storied career came to a crashing halt a little more than a week ago when WWE owner Vince McMahon decided it was time to pull the plug. The Olympic hero was on a path to destruction, and everyone in the company knew it."

granted, it was not a firing in the sense of "get out and dont every come back, we dont need you anymore," it was done because Angle has said things like this in bold before (also from the Moooneyham article):

"Most close to Angle admit he had become obsessed with the business, and was willing to do anything to maintain the adrenaline rush he had become so fond of. The roar of the crowd made him work even harder despite his growing pain and worsening injuries. "Vince McMahon is literally going to have to fire me in order for me to stop wrestling," Angle had told the Chicago Sun-Times earlier this year."

bottom line: Vince knew that Kurt wasnt going to take the time off he needed or get the help he needed any other way. also, Vince has said that he looks forward to Kurt working in the WWE again the in not too distant future.

Kurt has had time to reflect and has come to realize his family and health are more important. thus his "thank you" to Vince in the letter posted at the beginning of the thread.
o WWE changed there story...did not read that my bad...but this might cause Angle to head to TNA...i hope to see angle agian one day in the WWE ring and win the title but if he dont he will be in the WWE Hall of Fame soon...

WeVie
09-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Either way it happened, you still cant' say he was "fired". Vince just made him take some time off which will probably end up being for good but fired is a very strong word for what happened.

Samphin
09-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Kurt was fired. Trust me. Anyone who knows me knows I am involved in this business. He was fired. It may have been an amicable split, but he was released from his contract. He isn't on payroll and he is no longer employed by WWE.

Quite honestly, as others have stated, it is a good thing. Having lost friends of mine to this business, I woul dhate to lose such a talented perofmer, but more importantly, a great all around person as Kurt Angle. Too often I have bene wkoen up with an early morning phone call from people in this industry that starts with "did you here the news?" I know that that means someone passed away. Usually at a young age and usually in their sleep.

People don't realize the mental and physical stress these people are under. They are asked to do ungodly things with their bodies night in and night out while remembering they are on live TV. Not to mention getting to their destinations on time, finding a hotel, making sure they get a workout in, etc. It is quite literally, living on the road. It is tough and I understand how perofmers can get hooked on everything just to scrape by. There is no union there is no one else really to fall back on.

Calling in sick or taking a night off to "rest up" is frowned upon and can cost a wrestler thousands, if not millions of dollars. When you factor in that to the equation and the somewhat unhealthy mindset wrestler have to be in in the first place to do this type of work, it makes sense to take a little something to get you through.

It really is a vicious, vicious cycle that is rarely broken. I am not sure of Vince McMahon's main motives here but that is irrelevant. What matters is he took a stand and made an example out of a "name" superstar and may have saved his life.

Now, having said that, I could see Kurt Angle heading too TNA once his no compete clause is up (90 days). They tape three weeks of shows at a time and have monthly PPV's. So, he would only have to work three or four days a month and can use the rest of the time to rest up and spend time with his family. It is actually a perfect situation for him if you think about it. Furthermore, he would bring more credibility and make a legit contender to the WWE for TNA.

And, on a selfish level an Angle-Joe match may just be the greatest in modern wrestling history.

Jt0323
09-05-2006, 04:53 PM
yeah that\'s why Jeff Hardy liked Wrestling in TNA...before coming back he said that TNA had alot easier schedule...

Ray Finkle
09-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Angle will be back in the WWE in 2 years, max. Which is where he belongs. I'm glad the WWE stepped in and released Angle so the guy could get help. The new drug policy is really strict and it's good to see the WWE sticking to it after everyone thought it would be a joke.

I hope Angle gets better fast. He's easily one of the greatest wrestlers in the history of the business. But if it means he'll go back to his demons, I hope he stays away for good. The business can't take another young death so soon.

dQbell
09-06-2006, 02:01 AM
I do hope Kurt gets better.

I have always been very intrigued and interested by wrestling and the many who have lost their lives early. I have spent hours online reading about the many tragedies.

I haven't given wrestling much viewing time at all in the last 5-8 years, so I have a few questions.

Is Vince McMahon really that evil? I mean, people make him out to be this greedy businessman that could give a flip about anyone. Is that truth or rumor?

By the way, probably the worst of these tragedy stories is that of the Von Erich's.

305TillIDie
09-06-2006, 02:08 AM
I use to love wrestling back in the late 90's, with the NWO, WCW, WWF and all of the guys and the early 2000's..i dont really follow it nomore like others..Kurt was a great wrestler..i wish him the best

d-day
09-06-2006, 02:20 AM
i haven't watched wrestling since the original sheik beat whipper billy watson with his patented "hidden pencil to cut open his opponent's face" move

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/09/sheik4-1.jpg

icephinfan
09-06-2006, 02:29 AM
i haven't watched wrestling since the original sheik beat whipper billy watson with his patented "hidden pencil to cut open his opponent's face" move

http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesSheik/sheik4.jpg

The Original Sheik, that is Sabu's Uncle.

WeVie
09-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Now, having said that, I could see Kurt Angle heading too TNA once his no compete clause is up (90 days). They tape three weeks of shows at a time and have monthly PPV's. So, he would only have to work three or four days a month and can use the rest of the time to rest up and spend time with his family. It is actually a perfect situation for him if you think about it. Furthermore, he would bring more credibility and make a legit contender to the WWE for TNA.

And, on a selfish level an Angle-Joe match may just be the greatest in modern wrestling history.

Correct me if I am wrong but don't they also spend most of there time wrestling in
Orlando in the same arena? I don't know about the PPVs. I do know the next one is in Detriot though.

I think that Joe is one of the best if not the best wrestlers in TNA. I also like Eric Young alot as well. They need to run Jeff off though. I am soooooooooooooooooooooo sick of him.

Samphin
09-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but don't they also spend most of there time wrestling in
Orlando in the same arena? I don't know about the PPVs. I do know the next one is in Detriot though.

I think that Joe is one of the best if not the best wrestlers in TNA. I also like Eric Young alot as well. They need to run Jeff off though. I am soooooooooooooooooooooo sick of him.

Yeah they film at Universal Studios Orlando on the same soundstage. They run most of their PPV's there too. I do know they are starting to expand and go on the road (which is good for them) but their homebase is still Orlando for most major tapings.

Jarrett is there to stay. He started the promotion and part of the perks is making yourself a star out of it. It always happens that way. Flair, Rhodes, HHH, Michaels, Bret Hart, Hogan, Savage, Austin, Nash etc. Anyone who does the booking or has a hand in the boking will eventually put themselves over. When you start the company or run the ocmpany, you get to stay even longer.