PDA

View Full Version : Company of Heroes Demo

Bruzer
09-05-2006, 01:54 PM
The demo has been released but its a whopping 2gb. Gamespot is only one that has it right now. (Fileplanet has beta but its not the same the beta is not optomized and has bugs)

http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/companyofheroes-demo/index.html

I got my money to order it when its out next monday.

Warning: Downloading is extremley slow right now....

mor911
09-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Dude what's up with THQ lately? I've never known them as a company that put out top-of-the-line stuff. But first Saint's Row and now this?

THQ officially on Mor's good list :yes:

Bruzer
09-05-2006, 02:01 PM
I dunno haven't play saints row but I plan to dl the demo tonight when I go to bed. The demo includes 2 missions and tutorial I believe so a nice taste of the game.

mor911
09-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Windows® XP or Vista

2.0 Ghz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent or AMD Athlon XP or equivalent

512 MB RAM

Approximately 8GB of space are required during the installation process (because of how the archives are decompresssed), and 3GB is required for the actual demo.

DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB video card with Pixel Shader 1.1 support or equivalent and latest manufacturer drivers

DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card

Keyboard, Mouse Not too bad in this department (suprisingly) :D

Bruzer
09-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Yea i got all of that easily... So it will run great for me.

Bruzer
09-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Ok filefront now has the file i was downloading at about 200kb/s the first hour now its down to 180kb/s but its taking approx 2 1/2 hours so far and got 20 min left.

http://files.filefront.com/Company+of+Heroes+Single+Player+Demo/;5473388;;/fileinfo.html

Theres the link enjoy!

Bruzer
09-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Well I have played the game... very fun game. I cannot wait to get full version and multiplayer. The worst things about game is it can take alot of time to get fuel which is essential to make some buildings and tanks. You earn command points as you play and you can choose a category of airborne, infantry or armored to put the points in. Each you get special abilities with.

Infantry you can call a off map artillery strike which destroys everything in a certian range. Also call in for reinforcements of rangers and they come off map.

Airborne you can drop men in middle of battle and you can also call bombing raids which decimate the land.

Armored you can call in for tanks such as a tiger or the allied have a tank that launches a barrage of missles basically into you targeted area.

You can also have enginners mount tnt on the side of a building to help get rid of any mg positions in it. When you do that the side the bomb is on will be completely destroyed.

As advertised EVERYTHING is destructable which can cause problems when finding cover for troops from mg's and tanks.

I definately cannot wait for its release and to play some multiplayer. Maybe agianst some of you finheaven members :D

Phinz420
09-09-2006, 06:13 AM
Fileplanet now has the singleplayer demo.

And boy do I love 700kbps downloads from there :D

http://www.fileplanet.com/167354/download/Company-of-Heroes-Demo

Bruzer
09-09-2006, 08:07 AM
I have done nothing but play it over and over and over the demo because there is so many ways to go about a battle on the skirmish mode.

Also they will be releasing mapping tools so you can make custom maps. A tool so you can insert your own models. Also a movie editor so you can make like a movie using the game which is kinda cool.