PDA

View Full Version : phantom call??

DBoston80
09-05-2006, 05:29 PM
hey the canes lost..............someonemust have screwed them over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Alex44
09-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Coker screwed us over

Your call WAS a phantom call, we should have won that game.

This one was just poor coaching

90% of the college football world (that isnt a Cane or OSU fan) thinks that it was a phantom call

AirFishOne
09-05-2006, 05:37 PM
I agree with Alex

DBoston80
09-05-2006, 05:55 PM
I agree with Alex

:sidelol: what were u.ten!!! Dont buy into the "conspiracy"

AirFishOne
09-05-2006, 06:18 PM
11...but i can still watch replays....jeez what does it matter how old I was that was a TERRIBLE CALL.

I wasnt even born yet but thanks to the great technology of being able to record football games...I can now go watch OU/tOSU game from the early 70s you may know it as "The Kick"

Nappy Roots
09-05-2006, 06:19 PM
:sidelol: what were u.ten!!! Dont buy into the "conspiracy"

bro, that was no "conspiracy", that was a flat out horrible call that took the National championship out of Miamis trophy case and put it in yours.

AirFishOne
09-05-2006, 06:26 PM
bro, that was no "conspiracy", that was a flat out horrible call that took the National championship out of Miamis trophy case and put it in yours.

thats a fact

DBoston80
09-05-2006, 06:44 PM
The game shouldve NEVER made OT anyway...Miami got outplayed in every aspect of the game...thats a fact!

http://www.petitiononline.com/7550454/petition.html

Skeet84
09-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Who cares about that call I mean every single team gets bad calls and it cost teams games and even Championships, But no one is gunna change it so live with it. Plus I don't think anyone has more to be upset about than the Seattle Seahawks who got screwed many times.

Nappy Roots
09-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Who cares about that call I mean every single team gets bad calls and it cost teams games and even Championships, But no one is gunna change it so live with it. Plus I don't think anyone has more to be upset about than the Seattle Seahawks who got screwed many times.

no...theres a big difference from getting calls agaisnt you in the 2nd quater to take away TDs and calls agaisnt you that should NEVER be called in that situation while the game would of been over.

huge difference. and IMO UM fans and college football fans should have more gripe then anyone. including seattle.

Nappy Roots
09-05-2006, 06:51 PM
The game shouldve NEVER made OT anyway...Miami got outplayed in every aspect of the game...thats a fact!

http://www.petitiononline.com/7550454/petition.html

:sidelol:

backtracking i see...

first it was good call.

now it doesnt matter...

lmao

AirFishOne
09-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Nappy im confused u have an FSU sig yet appear to be a UM fan?? srry did u lose a bet or soemthing lol

Nappy Roots
09-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Nappy im confused u have an FSU sig yet appear to be a UM fan?? srry did u lose a bet or soemthing lol

i did lose a bet, but thats not what this is about. im just a big college football fan, that watched a great game end tragically.

Skeet84
09-05-2006, 07:03 PM
no...theres a big difference from getting calls agaisnt you in the 2nd quater to take away TDs and calls agaisnt you that should NEVER be called in that situation while the game would of been over.

huge difference. and IMO UM fans and college football fans should have more gripe then anyone. including seattle.

I totally disagree and if Seattle would have got some of those calls the game would have been over! Miami lost and thats all there is too it and Miami had a much better team and should have been up by 21 and thats there fault. We teams hang on late in games crazy things happen.

DBoston80
09-05-2006, 07:03 PM
i did lose a bet, but thats not what this is about. im just a big college football fan, that watched a great game end tragically.

...The ONLY argument any fan can state is the it was a late call.....ok.....maybe u dont make the call in that sitiutation...maybe..........

BUT make no mistake about it he grabbed his Jersey while he was turning around with the ball in the air.......Defensive holding FOR sure...nick nack call perhaps...but anyone who thinks that cost Miami the game is in denial.

phinphan896
09-05-2006, 07:05 PM
that was a horrible call, fsu beat us yesterday

DBoston80
09-05-2006, 07:05 PM
I totally disagree and if Seattle would have got some of those calls the game would have been over! Miami lost and thats all there is too it and Miami had a much better team and should have been up by 21 and thats there fault. We teams hang on late in games crazy things happen.

Actually there cupcake schedule had NOONE the likes of OSU on it and our front 4 dominated the OL of Miami and exposed Ken Dorsey. That was the difference in the game...Dorsey not being able to handle pressure.

Skeet84
09-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Actually there cupcake schedule had NOONE the likes of OSU on it and our front 4 dominated the OL of Miami and exposed Ken Dorsey. That was the difference in the game...Dorsey not being able to handle pressure.

Yeah yeah yeah, Whatever. They were the better team overall and look at that team and tell me they weren't!

DBoston80
09-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah yeah yeah, Whatever. They were the better team overall and look at that team and tell me they weren't!

It was closer than people knew...(obviously)....and if u look at the NFL rosters you'll see more Buckeyes from the 02 season than Canes...Miam was outplayed plain and simple...blaming the game on a call that happened is a scapecoat...but I would expect no less.

Majpain
09-06-2006, 01:06 AM
hey the canes lost..............someonemust have screwed them over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
LOL Bravo :clap:

Also OSU won the game fair and square now stop crying about that game.

Skeet84
09-06-2006, 08:34 AM
It was closer than people knew...(obviously)....and if u look at the NFL rosters you'll see more Buckeyes from the 02 season than Canes...Miam was outplayed plain and simple...blaming the game on a call that happened is a scapecoat...but I would expect no less.

Well you bring up from both those two teams and we will see who has more in the NFL

Majpain
09-06-2006, 10:01 AM
So many bitter fans :shakeno:. Cant face the facts.

Kdawg954
09-06-2006, 10:20 AM
and if u look at the NFL rosters you'll see more Buckeyes from the 02 season than Canes.

Link?

Kdawg954
09-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Miam was outplayed plain and simple...blaming the game on a call that happened is a scapecoat...but I would expect no less.

Maybe u think they were outplayed because Miami had more experienced talent, but in all honesty I thought it was a fairly even game. Matter fact it was possibly the best college football game I have ever watched. The whole problem with that PI call on Sharpe was not only was it late, it was a call that hadn't got called the whole game . . . . and for such a weak call in that situation on 4th down . . .in OT . . . and to be late . . . is the gripe many fans have. Its not the matter of using it as a scapegoat . . . I'm pretty sure if the same thing happened to OHio State, u would have been raising hell as well . . . just think about it . . . game is over . . .Ohio State runs on to the field . . . and the ref throws a flag talking about "pass interference" and when u check the replay u see a play that u have seen all game, with no calls earlier in the game that showed worse cases. C'mon bruh . . . that play killed this team. I'm honestly over the call . . . but to say that Canes fans shouldn't be upset with the call and to say it didn't cost us the game is very UNTRUE. But hey, thats how it goes sometimes.

305TillIDie
09-06-2006, 10:38 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/09/mposter-1.jpg

kpcane
09-06-2006, 11:46 AM
2002 Canes in the NFL

Jerome McDougle (1)
William Joseph (1)
Orien Harris
Eric Winston
Sinorice Moss
Kellen Winslow (1)
Carlos Joseph
Vince Wilfork (1)
Rashad Butler
Vernon Carey (1)
Santonio Thomas
Leon Williams
Roger McIntosh
Jarrett Payton
Sean Taylor (1)
Marcus Maxey
Kelly Jennings (1)
Ken Dorsey
Andre Johnson (1)
Antrel Rolle (1)
Devin Hester
Willis McGahee (1)
Roscoe Parrish
Brett Romberg
DJ Williams (1)
Jon Vilma (1)
Frank Gore

I just went through a 2002 roster and picked out the guys I knew made it...there could be more that I missed. There were 12 first rounders on that team.

Oboy
09-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Funny part about that game that all Cane fans seem to forget is the "phantom" (might as well use the word everyone likes) Holding non call that helped the Canes even get to that point in OT!

Regardless, the game was not officiated well, but not well for either team. It was a shame to have that controversial of a call at the very end of a great game, but I still think the calls evened out over the course of the game. Get over it. It is done, lets move on.

The UM vs FSU game Monday... UM did just not make ANY adjustments at half and their offense looked like a highschool O. Both teams are weak at oline and will probably hurt them again before the year is up.

Majpain
09-06-2006, 02:01 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i14/fitforlife26/mposter.jpg

dream on.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-06-2006, 02:38 PM
it wasn't a terrible call at all. miami fans need to shut up. what the hell were you doing in OT against a team you were favored to beat by 2 TD's anyway?

Majpain
09-06-2006, 04:43 PM
it wasn't a terrible call at all. miami fans need to shut up. what the hell were you doing in OT against a team you were favored to beat by 2 TD's anyway?

I love you!:wink:.

This is all I hear from U fans.

:sosad: :boohoo:

DBoston80
09-06-2006, 10:36 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i14/fitforlife26/mposter.jpg

lol..I love it!! The lengths you guys will goto to try and find an excuse why u lost is great!!

Majpain
09-06-2006, 10:46 PM
lol..I love it!! The lengths you guys will goto to try and find an excuse why u lost is great!!

Seriously they cant face the fact that the better team won that game.

King Felix
09-06-2006, 11:42 PM
that was a horrible call

kpcane
09-07-2006, 09:29 AM

The lengths?? Hasn't it always been the one call? We had won 5 national championships in 20 years at that point. If it wasn't a horrendous call, we wouldn't have said anything...we have our rings.

finswin56
09-07-2006, 10:50 AM
As a non UM or OSU fan, I feel that I'm pretty objective. I couldn't care less about either team. The call in the championship game was blown. You will find very few objective college fans who believe otherwise. It doesn't excuse Miami from losing, but the call was bad.

More importantly... What's the point of this thread? I haven't seen any posters complaining about the officiating causing UM to lose this game. So, if this thread is only to stir up the UM fans, then it should be moved to The Depths. It's pointless in 2006, and it clutters the college forum.

Alex44
09-07-2006, 10:54 AM
...The ONLY argument any fan can state is the it was a late call.....ok.....maybe u dont make the call in that sitiutation...maybe..........

BUT make no mistake about it he grabbed his Jersey while he was turning around with the ball in the air.......Defensive holding FOR sure...nick nack call perhaps...but anyone who thinks that cost Miami the game is in denial.

90% of the world is in denial right :rolleyes:

Alex44
09-07-2006, 10:56 AM

No the difference in the game was shredding Mcgahee's knee

Dorsey had more heart and courage in his pinky finger than your entire team had. So dont be talking **** about him

Best UM QB in a LONG time

Cuban Dave 9
09-07-2006, 10:58 AM
It was a horrible call

- Gator Fan

Majpain
09-07-2006, 02:08 PM
God keep crying just making you look like big babys. WAAAH WAAAH.

Cuban Dave 9
09-07-2006, 02:36 PM
:confused:

Majpain
09-07-2006, 02:51 PM
:confused:

Talking about U fans still crying after geating beat by the great Buckeye's.

DBoston80
09-07-2006, 04:16 PM
No the difference in the game was shredding Mcgahee's knee

Dorsey had more heart and courage in his pinky finger than your entire team had. So dont be talking **** about him

Best UM QB in a LONG time

Yea, he was REAL productive up to that point:sidelol:

kpcane
09-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Yea, he was REAL productive up to that point:sidelol:

He was averaging nearly 4 yards a carry, and we had 1st and goal at the 1 on the final drive. McGahee was the best back in college football that year, and if you don't think he would've made a difference then, you're biased AND dumb. I'm not saying we would've won, but we'd have forced another round of OT.

kpcane
09-07-2006, 05:39 PM

Don't they teach you the appropriate use of apostrophes in 11th grade English?

DonShula84
09-07-2006, 06:08 PM
This thread makes me laugh every time it is brought up...

Why does DBoston always seem to bring this up to start ****?

Caps
09-07-2006, 06:51 PM
UM fans didn't bring this up, a Buckeye fan did, for no other reason than to stir the pot. WE'RE over it, maybe you and DBoston should get over it too. If UM fans were left to our own devices we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Alex44
09-07-2006, 07:14 PM

We didnt bring this up.

I really dont care because we cant change it now, but I guess when teh subject comes up 90% of the college football world whines to seeing as the only people who think it was PI are the Buckeye fans

DBoston80
09-09-2006, 11:54 AM
We didnt bring this up.

I really dont care because we cant change it now, but I guess when teh subject comes up 90% of the college football world whines to seeing as the only people who think it was PI are the Buckeye fans

..and he ref's...:D

heres the final word: It WAS a late call, Maybe in that sitiuation you DONT always make the call.........but make NO mistake defensive holding HAPPENED! He grabbed his jersey thats a fact...so to suggest 90% of people think it didnt happen is just a made up stat to save face...

Cuban Dave 9
09-09-2006, 12:27 PM
The call was pass interference

Mike13
09-09-2006, 12:38 PM
I am neither a UM fan or OSU fan, but that was a bad call.

DBoston80
09-09-2006, 03:38 PM
I am neither a UM fan or OSU fan, but that was a bad call.

Why was it a bad call?? He grabbed his jersey..it was defensive holding it happened the ref called it...

Nappy Roots
09-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Why was it a bad call?? He grabbed his jersey..it was defensive holding it happened the ref called it...

:shakeno:

DBoston80
09-09-2006, 03:44 PM
:shakeno:

..Oh I guess its okay to grab Wr's jersey's:sidelol:

Nappy Roots
09-09-2006, 03:47 PM
..Oh I guess its okay to grab Wr's jersey's:sidelol:

was the call holding on the defense? no.

the call was pass interference for arriving to early, which did not happen

Nappy Roots
09-09-2006, 03:49 PM
whats funny is there was a sports illustrated that broke down every frame of the play and had every frame pictured.

there was no pass interference, and it was clear. but yet, people still defend it...

unreal

Alex44
09-09-2006, 08:09 PM
whats funny is there was a sports illustrated that broke down every frame of the play and had every frame pictured.

there was no pass interference, and it was clear. but yet, people still defend it...

unreal

Only Buckeye fans

They should consider themselves lucky they won that game, because they shouldnt have, and 9 out of 10 times they dont

DBoston80
09-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Only Buckeye fans

They should consider themselves lucky they won that game, because they shouldnt have, and 9 out of 10 times they dont

So..defensive holding is NOT a penalty?? I dont care what you call it...a penalty is a penalty..so now he's beig blamed for using the wrong term??

And I would love to see any SI breakdown..LINK PLEASE!!! Because I have the game on DVD and slow motion its so obvious!!! Take it like men for christs sake!:shakeno: ....Oer better yet check the freakin game tape!

DBoston80
10-17-2006, 03:07 PM

unreal

Still waiting on that link sir:D

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 03:10 PM

sports illustrated...not on the interenet...

and why would you bring this stuff back up. seems like you truely believe it was the wrong call, thats why you keep harping on the call.

DBoston80
10-17-2006, 03:12 PM
sports illustrated...not on the interenet...

and why would you bring this stuff back up. seems like you truely believe it was the wrong call, thats why you keep harping on the call.

I just wanna see a link thats all..im not trying to re-open a can of worms...just curious thats all...

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 03:14 PM
I just wanna see a link thats all..im not trying to re-open a can of worms...just curious thats all...

i cant link a magizine i read 2 years ago.

finswin56
10-17-2006, 03:23 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

nick1
10-17-2006, 03:40 PM

sound like your the one in denial to me, you keep backtracking yourself. first you say it was a penalty and now your saying it was a tic tac call which is exactly right. no way the guy catchs that pass, he could have been wide open

nick1
10-17-2006, 03:41 PM
the funny thing is we lost McGahee and Dorsey in that game yet should have won

DBoston80
10-17-2006, 04:39 PM
the funny thing is we lost McGahee and Dorsey in that game yet should have won

U lost Mcgahee late in the game when he was doing NOTHING...U lost Dorsey for one play??

Your guys inability to admidt your team was outplayed start to finish reflects well on the actions I saw n the field saturday......the whole Huricane program top to bottom is a joke...if your gonna have a-holes on your team you should atleast win some games.

That program is done.....good luck cracking the top 10 the next 5+ years.

nick1
10-17-2006, 10:16 PM
U lost Mcgahee late in the game when he was doing NOTHING...U lost Dorsey for one play??

Your guys inability to admidt your team was outplayed start to finish reflects well on the actions I saw n the field saturday......the whole Huricane program top to bottom is a joke...if your gonna have a-holes on your team you should atleast win some games.

That program is done.....good luck cracking the top 10 the next 5+ years.
we will just watch, we have 5 national championships and should have 6. not many other schools who can say that

DonShula84
10-18-2006, 01:12 AM
we will just watch, we have 5 national championships and should have 6. not many other schools who can say that

Add your 6 and 5 and we can talk :wink: :tongue:

Majpain
10-18-2006, 10:09 AM
http://www.geeknewz.com/imagedb/albums/userpics/10004/thumb_thread_wont_die.jpg

:sidelol:

Motion
10-18-2006, 10:11 AM
Good grief, LET IT GO!

Caps
10-18-2006, 11:08 AM

You're acting like a troll. Grow up.

DBoston80
10-18-2006, 06:56 PM
You're acting like a troll. Grow up.

.....:sidelol: :sidelol: why does me asking for a link give you a right to insult me?

Caps
10-18-2006, 07:03 PM
.....:sidelol: :sidelol: why does me asking for a link give you a right to insult me?

You're bumping a month and a half old thread, which you started, that was created in the first place just to get UM fans riled up. If you think that's a mature way to act then you have a problem.

Just drop it like every other poster here did a month and a half ago.

Majpain
10-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Can a mod delte this or lock it?

DBoston80
10-18-2006, 07:10 PM
You're bumping a month and a half old thread, which you started, that was created in the first place just to get UM fans riled up. If you think that's a mature way to act then you have a problem.

Just drop it like every other poster here did a month and a half ago.

Obviously I hit a nerve.....:lol:

All i asked for was the link because I have a friend who sadly enough is a die hard UM fan and was asking because the prrof I have is solid...I was curious if he showed it from a different angle in the mag.....sorry if I hurt your feelings for bringing up such a tough LOSS for the program..I would suggest that you shy away from the "old" thread if its gonna make you resort to name calling and attacking just out of anger.

Caps
10-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Obviously I hit a nerve.....:lol:

All i asked for was the link because I have a friend who sadly enough is a die hard UM fan and was asking because the prrof I have is solid...I was curious if he showed it from a different angle in the mag.....sorry if I hurt your feelings for bringing up such a tough LOSS for the program..I would suggest that you shy away from the "old" thread if its gonna make you resort to name calling and attacking just out of anger.

Point out the name calling you refer to please.

DBoston80
10-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Point out the name calling you refer to please.

uhhhhhh troll?? and "grow up".....im sure no one will bat an eye though:shakeno:

Caps
10-18-2006, 07:38 PM
uhhhhhh troll?? and "grow up".....im sure no one will bat an eye though:shakeno:

I said you are acting like a troll, not that you are a troll, although your last post does a good job illustrating my point.

Grow up? You're obviously grasping at straws trying to get a mod to come to your aid here, so I'm just gonna leave it alone. I'm done retorting, someone please take Majpain's advice and lock this.

Majpain
10-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Order, order. Guys we all have one thing in common no matter what. WE all love the Miami Dolphins! LEts not fight over petty things!