PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Ted Ginn Jr.

PHANTASTIC 13
09-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Check out these highlights of college footballs most exciting player.
He returns kick offs for touchdowns!
He returns punts for touchdowns!
He catches long bombs for touchdowns!
He takes reverses the distance for touchdowns.
He even can take a snap from center for a touchdown.

Please God, make Ted Ginn a fin! :wink: :D :dolphins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg&mode=related&search=

PhinsRDbest
09-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Draft forum please.

Mike13
09-07-2006, 12:02 AM
He will be one of the best WRs in the draft IMO.

Alex44
09-07-2006, 12:04 AM
All he has is pure speed, which will work in college but make you nothing better than a #3 WR and special teams guy in the pros

theFreak41
09-07-2006, 07:16 AM
All he has is pure speed, which will work in college but make you nothing better than a #3 WR and special teams guy in the pros

Actually, he's a very good route runner with soft hands, as well...

Alex44
09-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Actually, he's a very good route runner with soft hands, as well...

Decent route runner with decent hands from what Ive seen

Daunt8TDChris84
09-09-2006, 06:01 AM
you know who i want to backup brown? micheal bush
i also want buster davis man this guy is saban guy hard hittin psysical player oh man wow, i also like #1 fs from miami forgot hes name hes sophmore but is a ball hawk.
i will love nate clements and antoine winfield as our cb, wow both buckeyes both can tackle without fear.

cheyannefan
09-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Decent route runner with decent hands from what Ive seen
He has shown major imrovement in both area since stepping on to the scene at OSU as a cornerack. He is getting better and I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed for his senior year. His recognigtion of defensive coverages is starting to click and I think it will be a great year for him.

Also, I know its early but for you guys in Florida that love to watch Ginn play, OSU has a freshman reciever by the name of Ray Small. Came out of Cleveland Glenville just like Ginn, but according to Glenville's HC (Ted Ginn Sr.) he is already a better NFL prospect than Ginn Jr. The guy is fast and already knows the intricacies of playing WR.

Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!

Pocoloco
09-09-2006, 02:36 PM
incredible speed. all he does is cut back to an open side of the field and he's gone. He's got a slight tendency to run backwards to get the corner on a guy. That may work in college, but he could get in trouble doing that in the NFL. At the very least, he'd be an amazing return man

Phinlivin'in703
09-09-2006, 10:17 PM
I don't care about our needs, I WANT TEDDY GINN IN MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!

Phinlivin'in703
09-09-2006, 10:19 PM
didn't know this was posted...sorry

xxAQUA JOSHUAxx
09-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Whos That

Phinlivin'in703
09-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Tedd ginn JR., is superman sprinter in cleats, sure to be an AMZING RECIEVER
THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/09/20050825inginn-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Alex44
09-09-2006, 10:34 PM
All he does is outrun everyone.....that wont work in the pros

Phinlivin'in703
09-09-2006, 10:35 PM
dante hall outruns opponents, and so does santana moss, and oh yeah steve smith does too

Majpain
09-09-2006, 10:39 PM

Alex you sure hate OSU.

jonkruse
09-09-2006, 10:39 PM
dante hall outruns opponents, and so does santana moss, and oh yeah steve smith does too

They've got a lot more than just speed..

Phinlivin'in703
09-09-2006, 10:41 PM

he makes people miss, there are youtube highlights just can't find them...

Majpain
09-09-2006, 10:47 PM

Yes and Ginn has improved since last year. Trust me he will be a great WR in the NFL.

Fresh
09-09-2006, 10:55 PM

That's why Dante Hall was and never will be a starting caliber WR.

As for Smith & Moss, you're clueless. Steve Smith does everything you ask a WR to do, and so does Santana Moss. Those two actually run excellent routes, which makes or breaks a #1 caliber WR.

Alex44
09-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Alex you sure hate OSU.

Yep I do, but I dont hold it against the individual players, I love scouting WR's it helps me get better as a player and its just fun, I dont see anything special about Ginn except his speed so far, if he shows me something else I'll gladly admit it

Phinlivin'in703
09-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Yes and Ginn has improved since last year. Trust me he will be a great WR in the NFL.

:hi5:

Majpain
09-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Yep I do, but I dont hold it against the individual players, I love scouting WR's it helps me get better as a player and its just fun, I dont see anything special about Ginn except his speed so far, if he shows me something else I'll gladly admit it

Well after you said that :shakeno:. OSU=National Title this year. Ginn has explosive speed he can easily juke a CB or SS. Trust me Ginn will be taken top 15. You have to watch more OSU games to know what I'm talking about.

Phinlivin'in703
09-09-2006, 11:04 PM
That's why Dante Hall was and never will be a starting caliber WR.

As for Smith & Moss, you're clueless. Steve Smith does everything you ask a WR to do, and so does Santana Moss. Those two actually run excellent routes, which makes or breaks a #1 caliber WR.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yYWOYFlXICo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TApPxbmGzP4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nYFd9CLaqvk

Like I said he makes people miss too

Fresh
09-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Did I not say route running?

I don't think you understand the difference between NCAA football & NFL football.

Phinlivin'in703
09-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Hey lighten up, but he could be The mike vick version set at reciever, and you're right, his route running could improve though. He is only a junior.

Mike13
09-09-2006, 11:31 PM
"That wasn't the first time I kissed him, & it won't be the last."

-Joey Porter on kissing Bill Cowher. :confused2

....................................Ooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy
Back on topic Ginn is one of the best WRs in the nation.

Majpain
09-09-2006, 11:39 PM
^ Thank you. All he needs to do is improve route running and blocking.

Phinlivin'in703
09-09-2006, 11:41 PM
^ Thank you. All he needs to do is improve route running and blocking.

If he gains some muscle/bulk, he will be a mix of Terell owens and steve smith, throw in some randy moss too

Majpain
09-09-2006, 11:51 PM
How tall is Ginn?

Phinlivin'in703
09-09-2006, 11:54 PM
How tall is Ginn?

6'0
180 lbs

Majpain
09-10-2006, 12:04 AM
6'0
180 lbs

Yes he needs to bulk up some, maybe get to 195-205 but still maintain that amazing speed.

zackmandude63
09-10-2006, 12:24 AM
whats his 40 time? hot damn! he was burning guys by 30+ yards on soe of those kick off returns.

DBoston80
09-10-2006, 12:53 AM
whats his 40 time? hot damn! he was burning guys by 30+ yards on soe of those kick off returns.

His 40 time is nothing that really catches your eye...with Ginn he hits top speed at about 20 yds...

I remember reading how he was working out with Nate Clements and Joey Galloway(both fast) and he was finishng 3rd in the 40....but when they ran the 100 he was burning them by 10-15 yards every time.

But he DOES have a long way to go to be a great WR in the Pro's..bulking up is a must...

He'll be a 1st rounder for sure but his work ethic will decide his fate IMO..

Majpain
09-10-2006, 01:37 AM
Yes its about if he has the passion to progress to become a better WR. Though he is a great burner.

HelloMotto
09-10-2006, 01:49 AM

yeah why would we want a guy that could outrun everyone :goof:

SR 7
09-13-2006, 03:03 AM
whats his speed neone know? 40 yard dash

@@@
09-13-2006, 08:10 AM
All he has is pure speed, which will work in college but make you nothing better than a #3 WR and special teams guy in the prosMaybe 2 years ago, hes looking pretty polished these days , hes no Calvin Johnson but still a top 15 pick at worst

ChambersWI
09-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Ginn is still pretty raw at WR. In the NFL, his first couple of years he'd be solely a deep threat. IF we were to go WR there are atleast 4 guys I'd rather have

cheyannefan
09-18-2006, 04:09 PM
If anyone watched the Cincinatti game, Ginn did a great job at everything. His stats didn't show it but on the 2 TD's his underneath were amazing and he inished blocks. His block on a Cincy defender sealed the TD for Antonio Pittman. Great block.

Majpain
09-18-2006, 04:22 PM
If anyone watched the Cincinatti game, Ginn did a great job at everything. His stats didn't show it but on the 2 TD's his underneath were amazing and he inished blocks. His block on a Cincy defender sealed the TD for Antonio Pittman. Great block.

Pittman didnt need it but it was a great block.

DonShula84
09-19-2006, 05:26 AM
yeah why would we want a guy that could outrun everyone :goof:

People are a lot faster in the NFL, you cant just run by everyone.

And rivals.com has his 40 listed at 4.4, not sure how accurate that is, and it is from when he was in high school. But it gives you an idea.

OSUDauby
09-19-2006, 01:02 PM
He has shown major imrovement in both area since stepping on to the scene at OSU as a cornerack. He is getting better and I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed for his senior year. His recognigtion of defensive coverages is starting to click and I think it will be a great year for him.

Also, I know its early but for you guys in Florida that love to watch Ginn play, OSU has a freshman reciever by the name of Ray Small. Came out of Cleveland Glenville just like Ginn, but according to Glenville's HC (Ted Ginn Sr.) he is already a better NFL prospect than Ginn Jr. The guy is fast and already knows the intricacies of playing WR.

Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!

Ted Ginn has already said that he is staying for his Senior season at Ohio State. He was quoted as saying that he is playing this year to help Troy Smith win the Hesimen (which, so far Smith is by FAR the Heismen) and then next year, he said that he is making his bid for the trophy.

OSUDauby
09-19-2006, 01:07 PM

Nothing special about Ginn?? Haha...you are pathetic. The kid is the most exciting player to watch in the NCAA. He has blistering speed, makes great cuts, soft hands, taken snaps @ QB, could easily play corner (that's where he was recruited), etc., etc., etc....I could easily go on all day about Ginn.

You have no idea what you are talking about. And since you hate Ohio State, you're going to have a loooonnnng season watching NCAA football. Ohio State will walk all over everyone this year, quite like they have so far.

Stitches
09-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Nothing special about Ginn?? Haha...you are pathetic. The kid is the most exciting player to watch in the NCAA. He has blistering speed, makes great cuts, soft hands, taken snaps @ QB, could easily play corner (that's where he was recruited), etc., etc., etc....I could easily go on all day about Ginn.

You have no idea what you are talking about. And since you hate Ohio State, you're going to have a loooonnnng season watching NCAA football. Ohio State will walk all over everyone this year, quite like they have so far.

They won't walk over everyone. They have tough games against Iowa and Michigan, and at Mich. St. They might win all thier regular season game, but to say they will walk all over everyone is arrogant.

Ginn is a special college player/athlete. But he isn't that special of a WR yet. Sure he looks amazing against weaker teams, but his route running and hands are still suspect. All I see him run are streaks and posts. Not 8 yards ins where he can get jacked by a safety and LB as the ball gets there. If you want to see a special reciever who is NFL ready, look to Georgia Tech. USC has themselves one too in Dwane jarret, if only he were motivated the same against every team and not take games off vs. weaker opponents.

OSUDauby
09-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Ginn is a special college player/athlete. But he isn't that special of a WR yet. Sure he looks amazing against weaker teams

Do you even watch football?? Did you see the Texas game? He had just shy of 100 yrds and a TD. Not quite sure how "weak" Texas' defense was supposed to be, but all I've heard all season was the Texas' D was one of the best in the nation.

And if can outrun EVERYONE on a streak, why not run it?!?
Let's see here, you could have him run a 9 yrd. curl route for 10 yard or turn him loose for a 40+ yrd TD. What would you do??

And yes, Ohio State will WALK all over everyone this year, much like they walked ALL OVER #2 Texas.

Stitches
09-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Do you even watch football?? Did you see the Texas game? He had just shy of 100 yrds and a TD. Not quite sure how "weak" Texas' defense was supposed to be, but all I've heard all season was the Texas' D was one of the best in the nation.

Let's see here, you could have him run a 9 yrd. curl route for 10 yard or turn him loose for a 40+ yrd TD. What would you do??

And yes, Ohio State will WALK all over everyone this year, much like they walked ALL OVER #2 Texas.

Yes I watch fotball, at least 24 hours a week, not counting replays. And that Texas team should never have been ranked that high, especially considering they're playing a freshman QB in like his 2nd game. Just like I picked ND to lose last week, because they shouldn't have been ranked that high. They had to play someone with the talent before they earned the #2 ranking. I can recall many arrogant Irish fans already booking thier tickets to the NC too. And why don't you say that to Tressel(about walking over everyone), and see what his response is to you?

And I agree OSU should be having him run 40 yard streaks. That's why I said he's a great college player/athlete. That won't work in the pros though. OSU has a much better receiver in Gonzales(sp?). He isn't the same type of playmaker as Ginn, but he is a much more polished reciever which is what I was talking about.

Stitches
09-20-2006, 01:23 PM

Oh and for the record less than 100 yards and only one TD isn't that great of a performance. It is good, considering it was against a solid Texas defense, but it's not anything to write home about.

Majpain
09-21-2006, 08:26 AM
I cant wait till Ginn breaks out so I can throw it in your face.

Stitches
09-21-2006, 09:41 AM
I cant wait till Ginn breaks out so I can throw it in your face.

I hope he does break out. But he really hasn't had a great game against a good team yet. He's had a good game against a good team(Texas) and a great game against weak teams. Garret Wolfe had a great game against a great team(OSU). I hope Ginn has a great game against Iowa, because that would really prove to me that he's as good as Johnson and Jarrett. But as of right now his route running and recognition are still suspect.

(Oh, and I'm sorry for having an opinion that differs from Ginn being the greatest reciever to ever step on the football field. Since you obviously take offense to my opinion, seeing as how you want to throw it in my face when he does do well.)