PDA

View Full Version : First Napster, now...

dolphan39
04-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Verizon ordered to ID two accused of piracy
By Dawn C. Chmielewski
Mercury News
(http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/business/columnists/gmsv/5715434.htm)
A federal judge Thursday ordered Verizon Internet Services to turn over the names of two customers accused of Internet piracy.

WeVie
04-26-2003, 02:13 AM
only 600 songs. lol They need to give up because no matter how much they try they will not stop file sharing. There are just too many ways to trade. Hell you could even do it in most chat rooms or with any IM.

WeVie
04-26-2003, 02:16 AM
On second thought there is one way they may be able to slow it down a little.

LOWER THE PRICE OF A CD!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like the price of a cd would have dropped a little in 20 years don't ya think? I have not bought one in like two years and I have about 500 cds or so. Why buy it when it is free?

dolphan39
04-26-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Dolphin_Fan
On second thought there is one way they may be able to slow it down a little.

LOWER THE PRICE OF A CD!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like the price of a cd would have dropped a little in 20 years don't ya think? I have not bought one in like two years and I have about 500 cds or so. Why buy it when it is free? c'mon it costs them each at least a nickel to burn each CD ;)

WeVie
04-26-2003, 10:28 AM
Yeah and that is a mark-up of around 3000% minus the cost to record the cd.

But I am sure they burn them cheaper than that because I can by cds for a nickel each. I am sure they get them cheaper

iceblizzard69
04-26-2003, 10:38 AM
I have Verizon and I have downloaded at least 150 songs. I hope this is the only case that they do this, because I don't want my name submitted to these crybabies who supposedly don't make enough money. I buy lots of CDs, but I like to download songs before the CD comes out, and Kazaa doesn't prevent me from buying any CDs. There are songs that I download from CDs that I would never buy with or without kazaa.

WeVie
04-27-2003, 01:49 AM
But even though I download music and have stopped buying cds I do see their point but still yet I am not going to buy something I can get for free. I would be mad too because it does cut into their profits.

Sales were down four percent in the record industry last year. I don't know how much money that is but I bet it is alot.

Biggunndunn
04-30-2003, 10:56 AM
i herd on the radio that the record lables were sending the users of 2 download sights(not sure of the names) im's saying stuff like "sharing copyrighted music is illegal and can be traced"

Mr.Murder
04-30-2003, 04:48 PM
Great pic Buc... friend of mine had to close his cd store down from it, ran hjis business dry between that and Wal-Mart, small town here and that place tried to undersell him, noticed they got no more sales volume and priced higher again, their customers dont think they simply purchase, and the mall they rent out started a chain music store as well. Anyways downloads killed his bisiness , and we kept up with all kinds of music and he had great knack for getting music the target customers wanted in advance, couldnt afford the big pre-order money but thought it out well enough to win gambles until downloads ruined it. See the advance sells of cd pay off music contract , with out guaranteed large first week sales the bands wont get re-signed. Makes it more likely junk like cover tunes will get on albulms to capture new customers from old success as well. The industry killed good music years ago , this is a symptom and not a cause, if music being made was good people would buy the product, the industry shot its own foot and the people will not put up with up with such.
Anyways they will run smack into the constituion on this one first amendment rights are secured over business law and in effect choosing music that says the things you feel is a form of self expression. Power to the people, rock on dudes...

Biggunndunn
05-01-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Murder
Great pic Buc... friend of mine had to close his cd store down from it, ran hjis business dry between that and Wal-Mart, small town here and that place tried to undersell him, noticed they got no more sales volume and priced higher again, their customers dont think they simply purchase, and the mall they rent out started a chain music store as well. Anyways downloads killed his bisiness , and we kept up with all kinds of music and he had great knack for getting music the target customers wanted in advance, couldnt afford the big pre-order money but thought it out well enough to win gambles until downloads ruined it. See the advance sells of cd pay off music contract , with out guaranteed large first week sales the bands wont get re-signed. Makes it more likely junk like cover tunes will get on albulms to capture new customers from old success as well. The industry killed good music years ago , this is a symptom and not a cause, if music being made was good people would buy the product, the industry shot its own foot and the people will not put up with up with such.
Anyways they will run smack into the constituion on this one first amendment rights are secured over business law and in effect choosing music that says the things you feel is a form of self expression. Power to the people, rock on dudes...

CAN I GET A HELL YEAH!