PDA

View Full Version : Football coach runs onto field, decks opposing player

BAMAPHIN 22
09-06-2006, 02:00 PM
An assistant youth football coach was arrested on charges of felony child abuse after rushing the field and knocking an opposing player to the ground, police said.

Cory Petero, 36, of Riverbank, turned himself in to Stockton police Saturday night following a late hit that turned into a brawl, with parents and children from both teams fighting on the field.

The incident was recorded on videotape: (Watch coach plow down opposing team player -- 1:35 (javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/law/2006/09/05/ibarra.coach.hits.kcra','2006/09/12');))

Referee Tim Winek said he had just called a penalty on Brian Wood, 13, a Stockton Bears player.

"There was a penalty on the play, and it was a late hit," Winek said. "The parent of the kid who got hit took exception to it. He came charging out onto the field."

Daniel Champion, who identified himself as Wood's father, told The (Stockton) Record that his son suffered bruises on his stomach and jaw from the hit.

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2006/09/05/coach-clobbers-kid-during-game/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2006%2FUS%2F09%2F05%2Ffootballbrawl.ap%2Findex.html&frame=true

BigDogsHunt
09-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Saw it on Sportscenter....crazy stuff...reminds me of the Mom of the boxer who didnt like the beating her son was getting so she took off her shoe and starting wacking on the opponent near the ropes.

silly stuff....

RWhitney014
09-06-2006, 06:26 PM
You know, the first time I saw the video, I was appalled. The next 24 times I saw it, though, I couldn't help but laugh. Kid decks kid with late hit, so Dad comes out and decks kid? That's pretty hilarious, to be honest.

Nappy Roots
09-06-2006, 06:26 PM
this guy needs his *** beat. did you see him backup like a little girl, scared when the ref started coming toward him?

running into a kid?

what a *****

Nappy Roots
09-06-2006, 06:28 PM
You know, the first time I saw the video, I was appalled. The next 24 times I saw it, though, I couldn't help but laugh. Kid decks kid with late hit, so Dad comes out and decks kid? That's pretty hilarious, to be honest.

i think its funny knowing the kid didnt get hurt. but its hilarious

UCFinfan86
09-06-2006, 09:24 PM
This is ridicuouls. THere is no way in hell he should be in jail for that. Thats insane. He didn't beat the kid up, injury him or anything. This country is going soo soft.

He hit the kid, he felt he was protecting his kid, Did what he do was right? no, should he go to jail? no. I feel he should get punished, maybe banned from the football field, community service, coaching priviledge revoked. but in jail? Im sorry but i think jail cells can be put to better use, like for Maurice Clarett.

I think though the kid that got decked, dad should have hit em back

Dors156
09-06-2006, 09:31 PM
saw this on around the horn.how rediulous is this guy.its just a game

Fin Fan in Cali
09-06-2006, 09:34 PM
The guy that did that is an assistant coach for the football team, and he has a long list of charges on him now.

Roman529
09-06-2006, 09:40 PM
This guy must think he is Woody Hayes? :sidelol:

Jimi
09-06-2006, 10:37 PM
This is ridicuouls. THere is no way in hell he should be in jail for that. Thats insane. He didn't beat the kid up, injury him or anything. This country is going soo soft.

He hit the kid, he felt he was protecting his kid, Did what he do was right? no, should he go to jail? no. I feel he should get punished, maybe banned from the football field, community service, coaching priviledge revoked. but in jail? Im sorry but i think jail cells can be put to better use, like for Maurice Clarett.

I think though the kid that got decked, dad should have hit em back

ya i basically agree

Boone
09-06-2006, 10:39 PM
What a total loser. :shakeno:

King Felix
09-06-2006, 11:13 PM
why take things so serious, like that? its just a game

to hit a kid YIKES