PDA

View Full Version : Motorist jailed for blowing up speed camera

BAMAPHIN 22
09-06-2006, 08:48 PM
A motorist who blew up a road safety camera which had caught him speeding was jailed for four months on Wednesday, Greater Manchester Police said.

Craig Moore, 28, took his revenge on the camera, which had flashed him in the Hyde area of Manchester, in August 2005.

Although the camera itself was badly damaged, images of him speeding and returning to destroy the evidence were stored in recording equipment in its unscathed base.

More than 4,000 speed cameras are located across Britain, generating much cash and controversy. While supporters regard them as a useful tool to reduce accidents, critics see them as little more than a money-making opportunity.

While Moore's attack on a camera was not Britain's first, it may rate as the most extreme. Other aggrieved drivers have previously used axes or paint.

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2006/09/06/motorist-jailed-for-blowing-up-speed-camera/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Fs%2Fnm%2F20060906%2Fod_uk_nm%2Foukoe_uk_crime_briton_speeding&frame=true

PassRush
09-06-2006, 09:05 PM
I have concidered taking out those cameras quite a few times. I got a ticket mailed to me from one of those things. I since bought some of that spray for my plate that distorts the image. Now I just speed by and flip the camera off.

FinaciousOne
09-06-2006, 10:33 PM
They should put some of those cameras in the politician's backrooms. They pass laws to surveil the population breaking laws while they scream if a subopoena gets executed against them that finds $100,000 in their freezer.:shakeno: .

Majpain
09-06-2006, 10:47 PM
I have concidered taking out those cameras quite a few times. I got a ticket mailed to me from one of those things. I since bought some of that spray for my plate that distorts the image. Now I just speed by and flip the camera off.

Lmao.

Maynard the Hammer
09-07-2006, 12:22 AM
I have concidered taking out those cameras quite a few times. I got a ticket mailed to me from one of those things. I since bought some of that spray for my plate that distorts the image. Now I just speed by and flip the camera off.thats awesome

Timmy54
09-07-2006, 09:35 AM
about time someone did it/