PDA

View Full Version : Anyone elses 360 go 3 red up on them??

TheAnswer385
09-06-2006, 09:11 PM
yea the other day i was getting ready to sit down and get my first good madden in me. I mean a good 3-4 hour sitting. So i turn the system on its going through the normal then it freezes lines going up and down. I didnt really think much of it other than ive never seen it do that before, so i turn it of and turn it back on now this time nothing comes on the screen. There are 3 RED lights lit up on the system...Im like wtf so i check the cords thinking maybe i dont have something pluged in right. After checking and trying it with and with out my hard drive nothing. I found out later that there is a problem internaly. The xbox customer servicer told me i need to ship it to them and that they will send me the box to ship it in. So to make the rest of the story short they are paying for everything (i was wham bam thank you mam). I guess the systems are under warrenty automaticly?? because i didnt have anywarrenty and it was past the regular 3 months that it states about in the booklet. Anyone else have a problem similar?? To add more to it, after i turned it back on i never got my screen back all i have is a blank black screen when it turns on.

Stitches
09-06-2006, 09:26 PM
I've hear dof that happening, but I don't know anyone personally.

Majpain
09-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Ive only had it freeze on me on start up.

TheMageGandalf
09-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Damn, sorry to hear about the red ring of death bro.

I bought mine with a date of 3-27-06 a few months ago.

About ten minutes after start up it froze on me with the 3 red lights ring of death.

I started to freak out since after doing some research I knew that the red ring of death means your 360 is history and needs to be replaced, BUT in the end it was that I had connected to it the NYKO Cooling fan and the cooling fan was defective, as when I took the fan out it was fine again.

I got a new Cooling fan and put it on and its been fine ever since, knock on wood.

Reminisce32
09-06-2006, 09:59 PM
I had the 3 red lights a couple times but I did CPR on it and it came back to life.

Dors156
09-06-2006, 10:42 PM
i hope i never have problems with that system for the 400 i paid:nono:

Majpain
09-06-2006, 10:44 PM
i hope i never have problems with that system for the 400 i paid:nono:

500 here and Ive had it for 2 weeks. If it craps out on me. Oh man I will never buy Microsoft gaming device.

Dors156
09-06-2006, 10:51 PM
500 here and Ive had it for 2 weeks. If it craps out on me. Oh man I will never buy Microsoft gaming device.

500:eek: wow that stinks

i worked my *** off to get that system.i actually had to come up with the money not my parents to buy it.it took me a loooooooooooong time

Majpain
09-06-2006, 11:01 PM
500:eek: wow that stinks

i worked my *** off to get that system.i actually had to come up with the money not my parents to buy it.it took me a loooooooooooong time

Me and my bro split the cost. Now I'm nearly broke :boohoo:

tory
09-11-2006, 12:02 AM
yeah, i'm seriously thinking about picking up the 360. i'm a ps guy, but it'll be another 10 months after the ps3's release in november before i'll be able to find one availalbe, and i dont want to be the only guy in town w/out a next gen console.

Phin-o-rama
09-11-2006, 09:05 AM
if you didn't/don't buy a warranty on the 360 you are a fool....sorry to be harsh but, come on....everyone knows the unit runs hot and the general rule in electronics is to buy the warranty if its a substantial puchase.

anyways...i came across the official "your guide to the red lights of death"

go to the link and it goes through all the light combinations, what they mean, and things for you to try to fix it yourself....good luck

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=454709

Majpain
09-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Well Should I get the warranty?

Phin-o-rama
09-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Well Should I get the warranty?

YESSSSSSS

and sorry i didn't mean to call people fools...seriously....but yes you should buy the warranty on the 360....i believe you only get 3 months with microsoft...after that? they will charge you 130 bucks to repair your system if it breaks...

i have the 15 month warranty through eb games.....and i think...it was like 35 bucks i wanna say? cannot remember atm.

Majpain
09-11-2006, 10:06 AM
YESSSSSSS

and sorry i didn't mean to call people fools...seriously....but yes you should buy the warranty on the 360....i believe you only get 3 months with microsoft...after that? they will charge you 130 bucks to repair your system if it breaks...

i have the 15 month warranty through eb games.....and i think...it was like 35 bucks i wanna say? cannot remember atm.

Ugh I have to pay 100 just for a year warranty at circuit city : /

UltraDol-Fan
09-11-2006, 10:21 AM
my buddy got one on launch day and the next week he got the red rings, sent it in, got a new one, a month later that one did the same thing. He is now on his third system. And you don't acutally get the same system you send back, when yours arrives they just send you one they have already repaired.

mor911
09-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I have heard the horror stories of people's 360s dying. It hasn'r happened to me or none of my friends. *knocks on wood*

UltraDol-Fan
09-11-2006, 12:02 PM
I've acutally got the 3 rings twice, both times I shut it off really fast and restarted and it was okay (knock on wood also)

John Biello
09-11-2006, 01:01 PM
I've acutally got the 3 rings twice, both times I shut it off really fast and restarted and it was okay (knock on wood also)
dude same exact thing happened to me, just one time though

TheMageGandalf
09-13-2006, 09:58 PM
everyone knows the unit runs hot

You guys can do what you want, BUT I suggest that you give the NYKO Intercooler a try if you are seeing your unit getting hot.

For me, it works great. Its $20 everywhere I've seen it and it did make a difference on my machine as far as the temperature.

Here's a link to what I am talking about: http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802205

Phin-o-rama
09-13-2006, 10:20 PM
yeah that thing is pretty cool, i picked one up about a month ago....it makes the already loud 360 even louder BUT it pushes alot of air out...honestly i took it off, and just said screw it i have a warranty...i play pretty close to my system so i like it quieter....

TheAnswer385
09-13-2006, 11:33 PM
You guys can do what you want, BUT I suggest that you give the NYKO Intercooler a try if you are seeing your unit getting hot.

For me, it works great. Its $20 everywhere I've seen it and it did make a difference on my machine as far as the temperature.

Here's a link to what I am talking about: http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802205I think i will do that.