PDA

View Full Version : Gutless Broncos

jlfin
09-06-2006, 11:28 PM
I was watching NFL network. Eisen and Schecter were standing in Heinz field talking about tomorrow's game (Phins v. Steelers).
Apparently, the original schedule had the Broncos and Steelers opening the season, but the Broncos lobbied the NFL to change the schedule because they didn't want to start their season at Pittsburgh on national TV.
So the Dolphins were actually a fill in.
I was never much of a fan of snake lips (Shanahan). Now I have lost all respect for the man. The funny thing is, the Broncos play at Pittsburgh later in the season. He just didn't want to face them on opening night with all the fervor.

elite14eva
09-06-2006, 11:29 PM
yeah he was shook.

A.C.
09-06-2006, 11:30 PM
so....

Agent Mulder
09-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Whats the big deal?

jlfin
09-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Whats the big deal?

Well, I think it says a lot about the Broncos organization. I also didn't realize that teams had the ability to change the schedule for their convenience.
So, yes it is a big deal.
You must be a Gator fan (ducking the Canes for so many yrs) :evil:

Sethdaddy8
09-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Whats the big deal?

The Broncos are *******, thats all.

DolphinDevil28
09-06-2006, 11:40 PM
We will step up and kick some ***.

Phinman84
09-06-2006, 11:44 PM
The Broncos are cowards and punks. Always have been always will be. Bowlen is on the competition commitee and the Broncos always play there hard games at home. I hope Rams abuse them on Sunday. :fire:

DolphanD
09-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Instead he goes into the Rams dome and I hope Linehan gets his first win. I never did like Shanahan and the way he teaches his line to "block" and end careers at the same time. They get away with more holds than any one team in the league because he has mastered the art of teaching to hold an opposing team's defense and have the referees not see it.

He probably knows his team will start out slow like last season when we brought them and their annoying fans, who inundated Finheaven with alot of trash-talk, back down from their mile-high perch.

For a guy who the media is always portraying as a class-act, this is totally classless.

jlfin
09-06-2006, 11:54 PM
The Broncos are cowards and punks. Always have been always will be. Bowlen is on the competition commitee and the Broncos always play there hard games at home. I hope Rams abuse them on Sunday. :fire:

I still don't understand how any team can lobby to change parts of their schedule they don't like.
What if Saban and Huizenga decided they ddin't wan't to play NE or Buffalo in late December.
There are always rough spots in the schedule every year and teams just have to gut it out.
I remember the Dolphins having a long west coast swing several years back. What if they decided that was too much to ask of their team?

DolphinzD
09-07-2006, 12:17 AM
I remember the Dolphins having a long west coast swing several years back. What if they decided that was too much to ask of their team?

Didn't Wanny actually ask the NFL to schedule those games back-to-back weeks, and then the team just stayed on the West Coast the whole week in between the games?

I had heard about Denver wanting out of the Thursday night opener, which is pretty lame. I don't like the Broncos, and about the only times I can remember rooting for them recently were when they played the Patriots. At least someone finally beat New England in the play-offs.

cowboy82nd
09-07-2006, 12:20 AM
The teams are given the schedule before anybody else sees it. Any team has the right to request a change to the schedule. If a change is requested, the team MUST stick with the second schedule it is given no questions asked. (It was in a column, years ago about NFL schedules.)

Ronnie23
09-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Its good to see it backfired on the Broncos. They now have to face the Steelers later on when Big Ben will be back and Hines Ward is closer to full recovery.

boozer13
09-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Yea i saw that as well, it made me feel better about the dolphins being willing to want to make a statement early

PhinFan0202
09-07-2006, 12:43 AM
Good! They're ******* for doing that and it worked out in our favor.

igor79
09-07-2006, 12:49 AM
that is nuts

DolfinDave
09-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Wonder how they feel considering Big Ben will not be playing. Hope they get a healthy Steeler team that kicks the crap out of their chop blocking running scheme which the NFL ignores year in and year out.

ELPPHINFAN
09-07-2006, 01:08 AM
I read some where that the NFL actually allow the Cardinals to choose their first home game. I guess cause they have a new stadium. They chose the 49ers.

Phinz420
09-07-2006, 01:20 AM
I read some where that the NFL actually allow the Cardinals to choose their first home game. I guess cause they have a new stadium. They chose the 49ers.

:lol:

Do you really blame them?

R_t_Kraken
09-07-2006, 02:27 AM
Hell, that's fine with me. We get to see our Fins tomarrow night(tonight now) as opposed to waiting til Sunday. I'll take it.

Tigers2003
09-07-2006, 02:41 AM
Instead he goes into the Rams dome and I hope Linehan gets his first win. I never did like Shanahan and the way he teaches his line to "block" and end careers at the same time. They get away with more holds than any one team in the league because he has mastered the art of teaching to hold an opposing team's defense and have the referees not see it.

He probably knows his team will start out slow like last season when we brought them and their annoying fans, who inundated Finheaven with alot of trash-talk, back down from their mile-high perch.

For a guy who the media is always portraying as a class-act, this is totally classless.

It sure smells like the Broncos want a easy out! As if they need special treatment or advantage to have a shot at an AFC championship or something. To be the best they need to show up to try to beat the defending champs. How can they expect any respect if they wiggle out from an opportunity to beat the defending SB champs on national TV!!

And, yes I never knew a team could refuse a date on the schedule. This needs some clarification cause it just seems totally implausible the NFL would let that happen.

Another point besides teaching OL to cheat on holding is the chop blocking thing. It should be made illegal. Absolutely wrong for OL to be able to do that to DL. Protection for the offensive players but none for the defenders---WRONG. The Broncos still chop block even after Alex Gibbs left for Atlanta. Both the Broncos and Falcons are cheapscapes and cheaters for using this technique as a main method in order to have an 'advantage' over other teams.

ebozzz
09-07-2006, 03:12 AM
You must be a Gator fan (ducking the Canes for so many yrs) :evil:

:lol: Good one. Although, if I'm not mistaken I think it was the other way around. The Canes ducked the Gators! I do know for a fact that Miami and Florida State were invited to join the SEC back in the day. Both schools promptly declined the offer. Texas and Texas A&M got the same invitation. Of course they also declined.

Colorado Dolfan
09-07-2006, 03:42 AM
Its good to see it backfired on the Broncos. They now have to face the Steelers later on when Big Ben will be back and Hines Ward is closer to full recovery.

Yup, the Broncos fans around here are a little perturbed about the turn of events... :lol:

Elliott 1
09-07-2006, 05:09 AM
The Broncos are spooked mares. Shame shame and more shame on the Denver Donkeys.

305TillIDie
09-07-2006, 05:18 AM
soft *** broncos