PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Thread

AirFishOne
09-06-2006, 11:31 PM
As of right now there are 3 front runners in my eyes.

Troy Smith
Adrian Peterson
Kenny Irons

Who will hoist the trophy this december?

King Felix
09-06-2006, 11:33 PM
i really really really hope jonathon stewart doesnt get it

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-06-2006, 11:38 PM
tim tebow.

AirFishOne
09-06-2006, 11:39 PM
If AD dosent win it I REALLY hope it goes to Slaton i LOVE watching West Virgina play and Pat White and Steve Slaton are a great duo to watch on your Saturday afternoons

AirFishOne
09-06-2006, 11:47 PM
yep, there something else. I havent seen a RB QB duo like that in a long time

Not since the Wishbone days of the 80s at OU I think ur gettin at :D

But lets be honest will the voters put into acount who they play or is that not considered?

Alex44
09-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Adrian Peterson will run away with it by the end of the season :D I hope

King Felix
09-06-2006, 11:51 PM
http://http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman06/index

AirFishOne
09-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Adrian Peterson will run away with it by the end of the season :D I hope

great minds think alike :D

zachequalsgod
09-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Here is where I would have suggusted that Michael Bush should be on this list. :boohoo:

Nappy Roots
09-07-2006, 01:42 AM
i think slaton wins it personally.

DonShula84
09-07-2006, 03:55 AM
A Heisman thread with no mention of Quinn amazing.

305TillIDie
09-07-2006, 04:57 AM
Kyle Wright :tongue:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Alex44
09-07-2006, 04:58 AM
Kyle Wright :tongue:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

That will probally happen around the time Coker wins coach of the year :lol:

305TillIDie
09-07-2006, 05:00 AM
That will probally happen around the time Coker wins coach of the year :lol::sidelol:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-07-2006, 08:48 AM
:yes:

AirFishOne
09-07-2006, 09:28 AM

Quinn is on the list but not after week 1 im sure he will pop up sooner or later

DonShula84
09-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Quinn is on the list but not after week 1 im sure he will pop up sooner or later

He's on the list, even after week 1, and he'll stay on the list until he costs them a game or implodes. He doesnt need to pop up because he shouldnt have ever left the conversation.

Cuban Dave 9
09-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Must be an OU thing

AirFishOne
09-10-2006, 01:14 PM
AD's Stats Week 2:

32 rushes, 167 Yds, 2 TDs

2 Catches, 11 yds

LtDan
09-10-2006, 02:24 PM
in college you need more than 167 yards on 32 carries for the Heisman. Peterson is a great back but that ypc average isn't where it should be for him

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-10-2006, 05:22 PM
he's going to get a ton of yards because they're going to run him 40 times a game and he'll be overhyped because of it.

DonShula84
09-11-2006, 02:03 AM
Troy Smith has to be the front runner. Ginn may steal some votes from him though but that never seemed to hurt the great USC duo's.

Roman529
09-11-2006, 02:18 AM
Quinn is overrated y'all....the best QB is Tyler Palko who plays at Pitt and is coached by "He who shall not be made." :lol:

Palko is my fave for the Heisman....even though he never will get the pub that anyone who plays for Notre Dame gets.

Palko is 2-0,. 6 TD's...stats:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/418202

Kev83
09-11-2006, 02:48 AM
Quinn is overrated y'all....the best QB is Tyler Palko who plays at Pitt and is coached by "He who shall not be made." :lol:

Palko is my fave for the Heisman....even though he never will get the pub that anyone who plays for Notre Dame gets.

C'mon...his stats are good, but Palko has a LOT to prove. His team has to win this yr. This is the first I've seen that he isn't throwing a fit on the field. For Pitt's sake, I hope his leadership has improved...

The year is early; we'll see.

DonShula84
09-11-2006, 03:18 AM
the best QB is Tyler Palko

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Skeet84
09-11-2006, 08:26 AM
Adrian Peterson has no real chance at the Heisman cuase his team will lose at least two games and teams will shift there focus on him. Now I am not saying he is a frontrunner, But Chris Leak has played very well and he should be in the conversasion

Oboy
09-11-2006, 08:30 AM

Let's just agree about his talent (for arguement sake). There is NO way he wins the heisman. Even if he ends up being the #1 pick in the draft (I am really reaching here) for him to win the Heisman his team would have to be either undefeated or only 1 loss. I just do NOT see it.

Blade
09-11-2006, 09:33 AM
I believe Troy Smith will win the Heismen as long as the Buckeyes make it to the National Championship game and i see that happening.

Skeet84
09-11-2006, 09:43 AM
I believe Troy Smith will win the Heismen as long as the Buckeyes make it to the National Championship game and i see that happening.

Well I take it your an Ohio State fan. Well they have a good chance, But they play in a good conference and they will have some close games. Troy Smith has done really well so far and if he keeps winning than he should win, But only time will the the true story

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-11-2006, 10:13 AM
did i just read tyler palko's name in a heisman thread?

Blade
09-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Correct, I am an Ohio State Fan. But i have the Heismen race comin down between Quinn and Smith. The biggest factor will be who performs better in the big games. So far it has been close, but Quinn might be leading by a few votes with the way he play against Penn State. I think it will matter who plays better against Michigan since both team plays Michigan. But since OSU plays Michigan as thier last game it will be fresh in the voters mind when it comes down to vote as long as Smith plays well and OSU wins.

Motion
09-11-2006, 03:28 PM
did i just read tyler palko's name in a heisman thread?

:lol:

AirFishOne
09-18-2006, 03:19 PM
AD's stats Week 3:

32 rush, 211 yds, 6.2 YPC, 1 TD

AD's overall stats:

90 rush, 515 yds, 5.7 YPC, 4 TD's

3 receptions, 75 yds, 1 TD

(AD also started returning kicks along with Reggie Smith in the win over Oregon)

Motion
09-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Lee Corso and Lou Holtz both mentioned Chris Leak should be considered in the hunt this past weekend. Yeah I know, "Consider the source". But if he plays well against LSU and Auburn I can definitely see him as a finalist.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-18-2006, 03:23 PM
i have leak as a finalist right now.

1: troy smith
2: steve slaton
3: adrian peterson
4: chris leak
5: chad henne??

Motion
09-18-2006, 03:26 PM

Good list. That last spot is a toss up at this point. Henne, Irons, Jarrett, Hart, Johnson, etc.. could all be considered.

Brohm if he hadn't got hurt.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Good list. That last spot is a toss up at this point. Henne, Irons, Jarrett, Hart, Johnson, etc.. could all be considered.
yeah, i didn't put irons only because he's not a household name yet and hasn't had the kinda games you need from a RB to be a finalist. i just think chad henne going into notre dame and dominating like he did is pretty valuable in the minds of heisman voters.

Brohm if he hadn't got hurt.
:yes:

AirFishOne
09-18-2006, 03:29 PM
I agree Leak should be top 5 as long as friggin John David @$$ dosnet sneak in there :shakeno:

Motion
09-18-2006, 03:30 PM
I agree Leak should be top 5 as long as friggin John David @$$ dosnet sneak in there :shakeno:

They both could be in there by the end of the season.

Kdawg954
09-18-2006, 03:36 PM

I have Hart over Henne right now, but I agree completely with your list . . . I think Russell from LSU, Quinn of course and Brohm (if he wasn't hurt) would also be names to consider by the end of the season

The 3 guys that are sleepers are: Wolfe from Northern Illinois, Booty from USC and a real big time sleeper in Rice from Rutgers.

DonShula84
09-18-2006, 03:37 PM
This thread makes me sad now

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-18-2006, 03:37 PM
i think rutgers would have to win the big east for that to happen.

Kdawg954
09-18-2006, 03:46 PM
i think rutgers would have to win the big east for that to happen.

Yea, he would definetly have to show up against the Lou and West Va, but kid is just a sophmore . . . he gonna do some damage.

Majpain
09-18-2006, 04:05 PM
If Troy Smith keeps up the preformance that he is having he will win it. I hope he stays mistake free all year. Though Michigan will be a challenge and a great game.

Bumpus
09-18-2006, 04:09 PM
AD's stats Week 3:

32 rush, 211 yds, 6.2 YPC, 1 TD

AD's overall stats:

90 rush, 515 yds, 5.7 YPC, 4 TD's

3 receptions, 75 yds, 1 TD

(AD also started returning kicks along with Reggie Smith in the win over Oregon)
Yeah, Peterson's got some nice numbers, but consider:

*** Steve Slaton (thru 3 games)

*** 62 carries - 503 yards (8.1 yds/carry) - 6 TD's

... where I believe Peterson's got the edge is the fact that Slaton is only a sophomore, & they NEVER give it to a freshman or sophomore

Skeet84
09-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Garrett Wolfe deserves to have his name mentioned. I mean his team did get blown out v.s. Ohio State, But he had a monster game and is a very special player. I think there is no chance that Quinn will be able to rebound to get the heisman. There is just to big of a lead to overcome

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-18-2006, 08:56 PM
I think there is no chance that Quinn will be able to rebound to get the heisman.
:confused: if they go undefeated the rest of the way and he plays well he'll be a finalist easily. the notre dame hype will fire up again.

AirFishOne
09-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Yeah, Peterson's got some nice numbers, but consider:

*** Steve Slaton (thru 3 games)

*** 62 carries - 503 yards (8.1 yds/carry) - 6 TD's

... where I believe Peterson's got the edge is the fact that Slaton is only a sophomore, & they NEVER give it to a freshman or sophomore

WV's schedule is alot easier than that of OU's if AD played teams like East Carolina every week hed had 1,000 yards by game 4

LouPhinFan
09-19-2006, 12:39 AM
:confused: if they go undefeated the rest of the way and he plays well he'll be a finalist easily. the notre dame hype will fire up again.

That's a tall order with their schedule and their s...l...o...w secondary. Its still too early to get a good handicap yet, so I won't put any odds, but here's my list right now in order:

1. Smith
2. Slaton
3. Leak
4. Ginn
5. Hart

Long shots: Booty-he's a front runner for next year, but if USC continues to win and he continues to look like he has so far...

Believe it or not, Brian Brohm: If he comes back BEFORE the WVU game and U of L wins out the rest of the year and his numbers are gaudy, and U of L somehow makes it to the BCS title game... Yeah, I know that's why he's a long shot. He is a front runner next year though!:D

DonShula84
09-19-2006, 12:40 AM

I think you are right. If he plays lights out the rest of the way, which is possible with NDs schedule being pretty easy here on out, and then dominates USC on national tv he still has a shot. He cant afford another mediocre/bad game or a loss though.

LouPhinFan
09-19-2006, 12:47 AM
I think you are right. If he plays lights out the rest of the way, which is possible with NDs schedule being pretty easy here on out, and then dominates USC on national tv he still has a shot. He cant afford another mediocre/bad game or a loss though.

I wouldn't call their schedule that easy from here on out. They could easily lose to Michigan State this weekend. Air Force didn't look that bad against Tennessee and of course USC.

DonShula84
09-19-2006, 05:31 AM
I wouldn't call their schedule that easy from here on out. They could easily lose to Michigan State this weekend. Air Force didn't look that bad against Tennessee and of course USC.

When I said it was easy here on out I took USC out of that. I meant to include MSU in that also because they always give us problems. But there are some pretty easy teams coming up, and they should be able to beat all of them. UCLA does worry me a bit because they have offense that can throw the ball.

If they dont beat all of them what little hope Quinn does still have will be completely gone.

Majpain
09-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Lol Airforce.

Skeet84
09-19-2006, 08:55 AM

Not shocking that this is coming from a Notre Dame fan. He has no real shot cuase they will lose another game and he has alot to over come with other competition. Notre Dame will lose, But not cause of Quinn. There defense is horrible I mean Michigan only beat Vandy 27-7

LouPhinFan
09-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Not shocking that this is coming from a Notre Dame fan. He has no real shot cuase they will lose another game and he has alot to over come with other competition. Notre Dame will lose, But not cause of Quinn. There defense is horrible I mean Michigan only beat Vandy 27-7

Yeah, I don't think that defense has a chance against USC, even without Bush and White. If the corners can't cover Michigan's WRs, then they don't have a chance against Smith and Jarrett. Booty is proving every week to be a capable QB to replace Linert. That D will probably struggle this weekend against Michigan State.

AirFishOne
09-19-2006, 02:49 PM
That's a tall order with their schedule and their s...l...o...w secondary. Its still too early to get a good handicap yet, so I won't put any odds, but here's my list right now in order:

1. Smith
2. Slaton
3. Leak
4. Ginn
5. Hart

Long shots: Booty-he's a front runner for next year, but if USC continues to win and he continues to look like he has so far...

Believe it or not, Brian Brohm: If he comes back BEFORE the WVU game and U of L wins out the rest of the year and his numbers are gaudy, and U of L somehow makes it to the BCS title game... Yeah, I know that's why he's a long shot. He is a front runner next year though!:D

Majpain
09-19-2006, 03:20 PM

Yes he is missing Peterson, we caught it :wink:

AirFishOne
09-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Yes he is missing Peterson, we caught it :wink:

I figured someone did but no one posted it so I preformed a public service...wheres my gold star???? :tongue:

LouPhinFan
09-19-2006, 04:15 PM
I figured someone did but no one posted it so I preformed a public service...wheres my gold star???? :tongue:

I know I left your boy off of there, but that's because its a list of players who have a chance of winning it...

Motion
09-19-2006, 04:23 PM
I know I left your boy off of there, but that's because its a list of players who have a chance of winning it...

:chuckle:

DonShula84
09-19-2006, 04:31 PM

It isnt like I gave him much hope. I said he'd have to win out and dominate USC. I didnt say it would happen. And I was merely agreeing w/ another poster that Quinn still isnt completely out of it.

DonShula84
09-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Lol Airforce.

:confused:

DonShula84
09-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Looks pretty good to me

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman06/index

AirFishOne
09-19-2006, 04:59 PM

plz explain the reasons why AD wont win

Perfect23
09-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Copier :shakeno: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=146432

Skeet84
09-19-2006, 09:10 PM
It isnt like I gave him much hope. I said he'd have to win out and dominate USC. I didnt say it would happen. And I was merely agreeing w/ another poster that Quinn still isnt completely out of it.

well you always have to have hope and while there is a slight chance that he could still win is right, But let me stat my words differently and say that the odds are very very much against him.

LouPhinFan
09-19-2006, 11:36 PM
plz explain the reasons why AD wont win

Its not that I don't think he's an awesome back, its just that I think that OU will lose to Texas and that coupled with the Oregon loss will take him out of the running. Its a shame about them getting the shaft in the Oregon game. Stupid Pac-10 officials.

With Smith and Ginn at OSU, Slaton running like he is right now (even if they aren't playing a strong schedule), and Florida having a good season with a chance to win the SEC, I think it already puts him behind the 8-ball so to speak.

DonShula84
09-20-2006, 12:55 AM
well you always have to have hope and while there is a slight chance that he could still win is right, But let me stat my words differently and say that the odds are very very much against him.

Definitely agree with that.

AirFishOne
09-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Its not that I don't think he's an awesome back, its just that I think that OU will lose to Texas and that coupled with the Oregon loss will take him out of the running. Its a shame about them getting the shaft in the Oregon game. Stupid Pac-10 officials.

With Smith and Ginn at OSU, Slaton running like he is right now (even if they aren't playing a strong schedule), and Florida having a good season with a chance to win the SEC, I think it already puts him behind the 8-ball so to speak.

oh i see...good reasons...I thought you just hated AD my bad :D

Motion
09-21-2006, 11:08 AM
FoxSports Heisman Watch (http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5746512)

Pretty much everyone we've discussed plus Ginn and Stanton.

Chris Leak= Heisman Contender of the Week :woot:

Stitches
09-21-2006, 01:09 PM
In my opinion, here's the(my) top 5 right now.

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Troy Smith
3. Steve Slaton
4. Chris Leak
5. (tie) Kenny Irons and Garret Wolfe

Irons stats last week weren't great, but he earned every single yard, he'd break two tackles ever single run. Brohm was my number 4, but with the injury, he gets dropped completely.

Roman529
09-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Steve Slaton....he means more to their team than the other guys do to theirs...he has my vote so far.

finswin56
09-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Steve Slaton....he means more to their team than the other guys do to theirs...he has my vote so far.Well, it's not the MVP award. The Heisman truly is for the most outstanding player.

At this point, it's Peterson for me. And, if OU isn't a top 10 program I don't think it's should be as big of a knock against Peterson. IMO it's more relevant for QB's.

LouPhinFan
09-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Well, it's not the MVP award. The Heisman truly is for the most outstanding player.

At this point, it's Peterson for me. And, if OU isn't a top 10 program I don't think it's should be as big of a knock against Peterson. IMO it's more relevant for QB's.

Yeah, but the Heisman is more of a popularity contest. And you ain't popular unless you're gettin' invited to the big dances (BCS games).

Stitches
09-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Steve Slaton....he means more to their team than the other guys do to theirs...he has my vote so far.

Actually I think AP means the most to his team. He's thier only offense.

Motion
09-21-2006, 02:09 PM

:yeahthat:

DonShula84
09-21-2006, 04:04 PM

Against that schedule he could not play and they'd still probably be ok

Skeet84
09-21-2006, 04:48 PM

Yeah he is the most obvious answer when you ask this question. Take him away from Ok and they lose at least 3 more games than without him. I also said at least and I think it would be more. AP is the Best Player, But not a great Team

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-21-2006, 05:12 PM
i stand alone by saying peterson isn't that great apparently.

finswin56
09-21-2006, 05:38 PM
i stand alone by saying peterson isn't that great apparently.What isn't so great about him?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-21-2006, 09:22 PM
he's overrated.

Majpain
09-21-2006, 09:23 PM
he's overrated.

So is Quinn.

DonShula84
09-21-2006, 09:27 PM
So is Quinn.

:lol: I love how you go out of your way to bash ND and Quinn, and then say you arent just another ND hater.

Stitches
09-21-2006, 09:38 PM
:lol: I love how you go out of your way to bash ND and Quinn, and then say you arent just another ND hater.
I don't think Quinn is overrated, but I thought the team was as whole was at #2, and I stil think Weis is a tad overrated. Quinn is amazing as a prospect, I just think Brohm is better is all. But who am I? Just some 21 year old chemical engineering student. So I'm splitting hairs when I say Brohm is better than Quinn, I think they are both great.

finswin56
09-21-2006, 09:44 PM
he's overrated.Well, you can argue that just about anyone is overrated. But, is there something more than overrated? I see an immensely talented RB who carries a team that under performs and one that would barely be a top 25 team without Adrian Peterson.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-21-2006, 09:50 PM
wow, add calvin johnson to the list.

Majpain
09-21-2006, 09:51 PM

Just stating the facts :rolleyes:

DonShula84
09-21-2006, 09:51 PM
wow, add calvin johnson to the list.

If he had a real QB throwing him the ball he'd get a lot more attention. Put him on UF, UL, ND etc and it'd be scary what kind of numbers he could put up.

DonShula84
09-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Just stating the facts :rolleyes:

Yeah, but you bring it up at a time when no one is talking about ND or Quinn so there is no real point to it other to bash them because you're a hater.

Majpain
09-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Yeah, but you bring it up at a time when no one is talking about ND or Quinn so there is no real point to it other to bash them because you're a hater.

What are you talking about? She said Peterson was overated, so I said Quinn was overated because he is overated. Atleast Peterson produces week in and week out.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-21-2006, 11:01 PM
ohio state is overrated.

DonShula84
09-21-2006, 11:01 PM
What are you talking about? She said Peterson was overated, so I said Quinn was overated because he is overated. Atleast Peterson produces week in and week out.

Yes, she said PETERSON. Peterson is not Quinn and he doesnt play for ND. Quinn has nothing to do with it, no one was talking about him and you randomly bring him up to take a shot at him. It's fine to not like ND, just stop lieing about it.

Majpain
09-21-2006, 11:07 PM
Yes but if anyone is overated its Quinn. Seriously I dont know why your always on my ***. Just because I dont like Quinn? Or is it the fact that I mention all the time?

DonShula84
09-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Yes but if anyone is overated its Quinn. Seriously I dont know why your always on my ***. Just because I dont like Quinn? Or is it the fact that I mention all the time?

It's that you mention it all the time, even when it has nothing at all to do with the situation. We get it you dont like him. If you type it 10000 more times it isnt going to make it anymore clear.

Majpain
09-21-2006, 11:14 PM
It's that you mention it all the time, even when it has nothing at all to do with the situation. We get it you dont like him. If you type it 10000 more times it isnt going to make it anymore clear.

Again I will explain to you. She said Peterson is overated, why is that? The guy produces week in and week out. Id anyone is overated its Quinn. Im done saying it, it will go in my sig.

DonShula84
09-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Again I will explain to you. She said Peterson is overated, why is that? The guy produces week in and week out. Id anyone is overated its Quinn. Im done saying it, it will go in my sig.

I look forward to your next Quinn post. What is funny is that instead of making that point that Peterson isnt overrated because he produces week in and week out, you just say Quinn is overrated. :lol: That isnt a defense of Peterson to say Quinn is also. It's just pointless and dumb.

Majpain
09-21-2006, 11:19 PM
Keep thinking Quinn is the best.

DonShula84
09-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Keep thinking Quinn is the best.

:lol: Where did I say that

Majpain
09-21-2006, 11:24 PM
:lol: Where did I say that

You didn't say it but you bring that vibe :wink:

DonShula84
09-21-2006, 11:33 PM
You didn't say it but you bring that vibe :wink:

Well I cant deny that I probably do give off that vibe. Though I do think he has a lot of flaws I absolutely think he is a very good player. It's fine by my if people think he's overrated and to think ND is overrated though(hard to deny that one).

Motion
09-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Well, you can argue that just about anyone is overrated. But, is there something more than overrated? I see an immensely talented RB who carries a team that under performs and one that would barely be a top 25 team without Adrian Peterson.

They are barely a top 25 team with him :lol:

Motion
09-22-2006, 08:21 AM
ohio state is overrated.

Stitches
09-22-2006, 08:25 AM
ohio state is overrated.

That's why Auburn is #1. :D

Majpain
09-22-2006, 09:56 AM
[/i]

That's why Auburn is #1. :D

Only in fantasy land :rolleyes:

Blade
09-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Ohio State can beat Auburn any day of the week. And I do agree with Majpain that Quinn is overrated.

Motion
09-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Ohio State can beat Auburn any day of the week. And I do agree with Majpain that Quinn is overrated.
Opinions are like.........................well you know. :wink:

Blade
09-22-2006, 10:30 AM
LOL, i know....any teams and beat any team any day of the week. That is even more true now with refs screwin up the games with bad calls.

Motion
09-22-2006, 10:36 AM
LOL, i know....any teams and beat any team any day of the week. That is even more true now with refs screwin up the games with bad calls.
No doubt

Alex44
09-22-2006, 10:44 AM
LSU or Auburn could beat Ohio State IMO

Quinn is very much overrated

Adrian Peterson is a beast

Calvin Johnson is the best player in the country but wont win a heisman because Recievers never do.

Any other subjects we need to cover :lol:

Stitches
09-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Actually I've been saying I have Auburn #1 and OSU #2. I've also said that if they played, the winner would be the home team. So you shouldn't try and say "in fantasy land" just because I think Auburn is a slightly better team overall. I bet blinders are fun to wear...

Blade
09-22-2006, 10:58 AM
I can honestly say I know nothin about Auburn. So I would have no idea who would win, but me being an Ohio State fan, I have to cheer on the Buckeyes! I only follow the Big Ten teams and a few of the more popular teams. So of course my opinions are skewed towards the Big Ten and the Buckeyes!

Stitches
09-22-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm a Penn State fan, but also a college football fan. I try and be realistc with my teams, even if I cheer for them. So when people say (not you Blade) that OSU(for example) "will WALK over all thier competition" it makes me role my eyes, since the Big Ten is such a tough conference, going undefeated is never easy. I fully expect OSU to win tomorrow. I predict 28-17 with PSU scoring a TD late(making the game seem closer). But I expect the Iowa/OSU game to be really tough for both teams.

Blade
09-22-2006, 11:31 AM
I'm a Penn State fan, but also a college football fan. I try and be realistc with my teams, even if I cheer for them. So when people say (not you Blade) that OSU(for example) "will WALK over all thier competition" it makes me role my eyes, since the Big Ten is such a tough conference, going undefeated is never easy. I fully expect OSU to win tomorrow. I predict 28-17 with PSU scoring a TD late(making the game seem closer). But I expect the Iowa/OSU game to be really tough for both teams.

I completely agree. The Big Ten is a tough conference that is hard to go undefeated in and most of the time is comes down to end of season when the big rivarly matches take place. How many times has Michigan upset the Buckeyes to crush thier dreams of a National Champsionship. It happened almost every year that John Copper was coach. Now that Tressel took over, it seems the games have been switched over to Ohio State comin out up top. I never expect the Buckeyes to win every game because of the talent of the players that play for the Big Ten Teams.

Tomarrow will be a closer game then it should. If Ohio State starts off as slow as they did against Cincinnati, it is goin to be a tight that may come down to the last series. The good thing is that the game is in Columbus and the home field will be helpin out the Buckeyes.