PDA

View Full Version : Football poll

baccarat
04-25-2003, 07:42 PM
Out of these two MNF commentators, which one is better? John Madden or Dennis Miller?

Note-This poll is just between Miller and Madden only because they both had/have their share of naysayers, to say the least.

WharfRat
04-25-2003, 08:01 PM
:barf:
bad set of choices IMO... but given the two... I suppose Miller was the least annoying, since Al and Dan talked most of the time...

Jaydog57
04-25-2003, 09:43 PM
I gotta go with Miller, cause Madden just doesn't EVER shut the hell up.:rolleyes:

Muck
04-25-2003, 09:56 PM
I like both guys. I don't feel like Madden is nearly as bad as everyone insinuates. I like him. And Miller is just hilarious IMO. He was great in a blowout. :)

baccarat
04-25-2003, 10:53 PM
I like John Madden. He's smart, although over simplistic, but he makes a great video game!:cool: I like Miller better because he's a great comedian and the only positive memory October 23rd, 2000. Then again, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Boone
04-25-2003, 11:29 PM
I can't stand either one...I just can't choose!

baccarat
04-26-2003, 12:21 AM
Great quote from Miller before a Colts-Dolphin game.
"If Miami wins tonight, the Colts would have to win out for the rest of the season just to go 8-8. And trust me, that's one Indy 500 that nobody saw coming."

Or when Chris Chambers snaged a TD catch, sliding on his knees.
"A star is born."-Dennis Miller

Boone
04-26-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by booyeah_

Or when Chris Chambers snaged a TD catch, sliding on his knees.
"A star is born."-Dennis Miller :rocker:

WeVie
04-26-2003, 02:19 AM
Are you kidding. God I hated Dennis Miller. I like Madden alot and love his game but my favorite ones are all three from Sunday Night Football on ESPN.

Steve Mo
04-26-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally said by John Madden
Look at Brett Favre! I love how Brett Favre throws the deep ball... I love how Brett Favre reads the play! I've been watching Brett Favre since he came into the NFL and every year, I talk about Brett Favre more. Do like Brett Favre, Miller? I'm sure you do because I love Brett Favre. Oh, Brett Favre...

:rolleyes:

Steve Mo
04-26-2003, 02:29 AM
John Madden sucks... But, his games are great!

WharfRat
04-26-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Dolphin_Fan
Are you kidding. God I hated Dennis Miller. I like Madden alot and love his game but my favorite ones are all three from Sunday Night Football on ESPN.

I never liked Miller either.... I just don't thik he's as funny as he does. I was so happy when I saw they fired Boomer.... then I heard who his replacement was (Miller) :sceptic:

inFINSible
04-26-2003, 08:38 AM
my best Madden imitation....

"This guy , is the wide receiver.....what the quarterback wants to do is throw the ball to him.....when that happens he can receive the ball and advance with it....hopefully a wide distance.....It's really a beautiful thing when it works out but,sometimes it doesn't and then you have to throw to a running back.....and that's okay too, but you really want to throw it to your wide receivers......and then there you go....you have a first down....and that's what you are really looking for ....you need first downs to get touchdowns.....touchdowns are the most important plays in football....you need those to win games usually.....sometimes you can win on field goals...but it's alot harder that way...you really want touchdowns.....touchdowns are you bread and butter....you never want to be with out them....hahahaha

WharfRat
04-26-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by inFINSible
my best Madden imitation....

"This guy , is the wide receiver.....what the quarterback wants to do is throw the ball to him.....when that happens he can receive the ball and advance with it....hopefully a wide distance.....It's really a beautiful thing when it works out but,sometimes it doesn't and then you have to throw to a running back.....and that's okay too, but you really want to throw it to your wide receivers......and then there you go....you have a first down....and that's what you are really looking for ....you need first downs to get touchdowns.....touchdowns are the most important plays in football....you need those to win games usually.....sometimes you can win on field goals...but it's alot harder that way...you really want touchdowns.....touchdowns are you bread and butter....you never want to be with out them....hahahaha

:lolcry:

you forgot the part about... "Now Brett Favre...HE knows how to throw to Wide Recievers...."

inFINSible
04-26-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by WharfRat

:lolcry:

you forgot the part about... "Now Brett Favre...HE knows how to throw to Wide Recievers...." :o :o ....how could I be sooo stupid......:lol:

I tell you what.....when you do a Madden immitation it's hard to stop with out a Pat Summerall to interupt!:whew::lol:

Predaphin
05-01-2003, 02:08 PM
Either one was cool....Miller was hilarious...and Madden is a classic.