PDA

View Full Version : New Metallica Album Finished

Muck
04-26-2003, 03:27 AM
Here's the cover art:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

And here are the eleven official song titles, clocking in at just over 75 minutes:

* Frantic
* St. Anger
* Some Kind of Monster
* Dirty Window
* Invisible Kid
* My World
* Shoot Me Again
* Sweet Amber
* Unnamed Feeling
* Purify
* All Within My Hands

This is supposed to be a return to the Metallica of old....7 minute thrash epics sprinkled with tempo changes. We shall see. :)

FYI - Robert Trujillo (Suicidal Tendencies) is officially Metallica's new bass player....which is an upgrade over Jason Newstead talent-wise.

WeVie
04-26-2003, 09:56 AM
Wow that is cool! I did'nt even know they were coming out with a new cd. When does it come out?

Hellion
04-26-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Muck
Here's the cover art:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

And here are the eleven official song titles, clocking in at just over 75 minutes:

* Frantic
* St. Anger
* Some Kind of Monster
* Dirty Window
* Invisible Kid
* My World
* Shoot Me Again
* Sweet Amber
* Unnamed Feeling
* Purify
* All Within My Hands

This is supposed to be a return to the Metallica of old....7 minute thrash epics sprinkled with tempo changes. We shall see. :)

FYI - Robert Trujillo (Suicidal Tendencies) is officially Metallica's new bass player....which is an upgrade over Jason Newstead talent-wise.

:headbang::rocker: Kick a$$! I've been waiting for this.

Trujillo over Newstead is debatable, I miss Cliff Burton myself. I actually pattern some of my style after him.

Jaydog57
04-26-2003, 01:04 PM
Cool, have to download this one for free when it comes out, Lars would appreciate it....rolleyes:

Muck
04-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Trujillo is far more talented a bass player than Newstead IMO. I just have more respect for guys who slap and play with their fingers than pick players.

Mr.Murder
04-26-2003, 11:58 PM
Meatallica gave free concert to Raiiders fans during AFC title game, there were pics at Raiderfans.net showing Hetfield in Ritchie jersey, Lars in a in Rice or a Brown Jersey....

Jaydog57
04-27-2003, 12:55 AM
Trujillo is far more talented a bass player than Newstead IMO. I just have more respect for guys who slap and play with their fingers than pick players. Like Jaco Pastorius? Man, that guy could jam.........:cool:

WeVie
04-27-2003, 01:42 AM
Yeah they were some of the first ones to begin bitching about file sharing were'nt they. I will grab this one on-line for sure lol

Hellion
04-28-2003, 09:04 AM
Trujillo is far more talented a bass player than Newstead IMO. I just have more respect for guys who slap and play with their fingers than pick players.

I see your point, I do both because there is a very sharp distinctive sound with a pick and with different gage picks. I was taught to play with my fingers and use the slap tech, but then I tried the pick and liked it, so I taught myself to use my thumb and fore finger to hold the pick as I use my other three fingers to pluck and slap. It actually leads to a very interesting sound and style.

P.S. Newstead can use his fingers to play, seen him do it at a music charity festival in Ann Harbor. He played some meen low notes, then went to an accoutic bass and slapped the hell out of it too. :)