PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys To Wear Air Conditioned Pads

Rocky Raccoon
09-09-2006, 04:23 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=8F4F1022-C134-1218-E2B19360861B005E

it also has heat for cold games. This is brilliant if you ask me.

ih8brady
09-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Miami NEEDS those heated ones for those Orchard Park and Foxboro games. :dolphins:

Tampa really needs them. Have they still not won a game with the temp below 35F?

Nappy Roots
09-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Miami NEEDS those heated ones for those Orchard Park and Foxboro games. :dolphins:

Tampa really needs them. Have they still not won a game with the temp below 35F?

yea, they did it on the way to win the superbowl.

B-LO, BABY
09-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Air-conditioned/heated pads are the gayest thing I've ever heard of. Honestly, you get paid millions of dollars to play football. How bout sucking it up and playing in the elements on gameday?

GoBills24
09-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Air-conditioned/heated pads are the gayest thing I've ever heard of. Honestly, you get paid millions of dollars to play football. How bout sucking it up and playing in the elements on gameday?

Ditto.

Wussies.

How much mystique would the Ice Bowl have had, if every one of the players had heated pads?

:rolleyes2

Mike13
09-09-2006, 11:26 PM
I think the concept is cool, but you would look like a wuss if you used them. I'm sure they cost a pretty penny too, so how would the owners make up for their losses? By increasing the prices of tickets, and possibly other merchandise.

HysterikiLL
09-10-2006, 02:44 AM
I saw some dudes wearing them in a game the other day. Wondered what they were.

Rocky Raccoon
09-10-2006, 11:37 AM
I don't understand all this "wuss" stuff. It's smart strategy and gives or takes away an edge. I f it helps them play better that's all that matters. It's smart. Period. They're footbal players, they're far from wusses.

Miami 13
09-10-2006, 12:09 PM
I agree, suck it up and play the game.

rob19
09-10-2006, 12:42 PM
I don't understand all this "wuss" stuff. It's smart strategy and gives or takes away an edge. I f it helps them play better that's all that matters. It's smart. Period. They're footbal players, they're far from wusses.

Im with rocky, i play football in 90 degree wheather, its hot and even hotter with pads. Its a cool idea and football players are far from wuss'es. The people here who are saying that, are probably twice the wuss that these football players are.:rolleyes:

ih8brady
09-10-2006, 02:01 PM

I agree, playing smarter is just as important as playing harder.

TX-FinFan
09-10-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm surprised teams haven't started using a device like this.

http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2004/september29/cool-929.html

Aqua4Ever04
09-10-2006, 08:04 PM

I agree to some extent. But you guys are defintley going to need them next week. I don't think Buffalo can handle the heat and humity they are going to get next week.

B-LO, BABY
09-10-2006, 08:25 PM
I agree to some extent. But you guys are defintley going to need them next week. I don't think Buffalo can handle the heat and humity they are going to get next week.
They'll do fine. They practiced all summer in the heat.

I hate this idea so much.

cnc66
09-10-2006, 08:38 PM
hmmm, I guess the cowboys didn't use those today eh?

Aqua4Ever04
09-10-2006, 08:39 PM

Which idea? The one about the ACed pads, or the one about the Bills fainting in the Miami heat?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-10-2006, 09:07 PM
there's no reason to be against this idea at all.

SmokyFin
09-11-2006, 01:03 PM
I don't know, can you imagine Csonka or Butkus or someone like that coming over to the sidelines and hooking up an AC to their equipment???

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-11-2006, 01:39 PM
if they had it back this technology back then they probably would've used it.

PhinzN703
09-11-2006, 02:35 PM

Practiced in the summer, in New York, with no fan noise, no infield dirt, and no opponent to face.

Similiar to say the least :wink:

SmokyFin
09-11-2006, 03:10 PM
if they had it back this technology back then they probably would've used it.

No way would Csonka have hooked himself up to an AC.

You still see several players not wearing long sleeve shirts in cold weather today. It's the same principle.

Hey, if they want to use it and they think it helps, go for it, but there will always be some players that will refuse things like that.

B-LO, BABY
09-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Practiced in the summer, in New York, with no fan noise, no infield dirt, and no opponent to face.

Similiar to say the least :wink:
My point is that these guys are professional athletes who, for the most part, are in prime physical condition. They don't need heated or AC pads for games. It's ridiculous. Dallas looked awful, by the way, with their revolutionary shoulder pads yesterday.

CharlestonPhan
09-11-2006, 03:53 PM
cant wait for the day some player (probably a Lion's player) files a grievance because his head coach asked him to continue to practice with un-air conditioned pads because his broke during two-a-days.

finmann
09-12-2006, 11:55 AM

Neither do I. What's so gay about trying to keep your players cool and possibly giving them an edge to win a game. It seems like smart football to me.

Coral Reefer
09-13-2006, 01:07 AM

I'm a little surprised by it as well.

Keeping hydrated and as cool as possible allows an athlete to keep his intensity and quality of play up on the field.

That's what it's all about right?

This is no different than the players sitting in front of the cool zone fans on the sidelines.

It has nothing to do with being tough. They are tough for playing in a 100 degree heat element to begin with. Trying to keep cool is just a smart move.

lazareth
09-13-2006, 01:46 AM
if it appears to give a team an edge, expect the other teams to start following suit...it's a copycat league after all

Daunt8TDChris84
09-13-2006, 04:34 AM
(german schazenegger ascent) those are the return of the machines T4
these are the new nfl players of da fiusha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we need robots now and a new team in LA , im arnold.

late again
09-13-2006, 06:43 AM
My point is that these guys are professional athletes who, for the most part, are in prime physical condition. They don't need heated or AC pads for games. It's ridiculous. Dallas looked awful, by the way, with their revolutionary shoulder pads yesterday.

Yeah and it took a few people dying before everyone realized that staying hydrated during practice was important.

B-LO, BABY
09-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Yeah and it took a few people dying before everyone realized that staying hydrated during practice was important.
Drinking water and wearing air-conditioned pads are two entirely different things.

One is necessary and the other is not.