PDA

View Full Version : The Pac-10 is SO overrated.

DolphinDevil28
09-09-2006, 11:49 PM
The only single reason this conference gets any publicity whatsoever is because of USC.

That's IT.

Last week we heard about how Tennessee is back because they crushed a "good" California team.
Yeah, Tennessee beat AIR FORCE by one point in Knoxville tonight.

We heard that Arizona was a team to watch, and they'd give my LSU Tigers a run for their money tonight.

Uh-huh. 45-3 LSU.

Welcome to the SEC boys.

And no. 20 Oregon is only beating Fresno State by four right now.

I'm so sick and tired of Pac-10 fans always whining about how they belong in the discussions of best football conferences in America.

YOU DON'T.

The Confessor
09-09-2006, 11:57 PM
Amen brother. amen.

I have been singing this praise since I moved here....and the ONLY reason that U of A is even 1-1 is becuase of a PHANTOM Offensive pass interference call last week against Brigham Young-(The game was here:wink: )

I am SO glad that I dont have to go to the store and or work and see EVERYBODY in Tucson wearing a mildcats jersey, hat, tee-shirt etc etc etc.. They win one game and its on... of cource now I wont see any of it again until they win again....:shakeno:

DolphinDevil28
09-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Amen brother. amen.

I have been singing this praise since I moved here....and the ONLY reason that U of A is even 1-1 is becuase of a PHANTOM Offensive pass interference call last week against Brigham Young-(The game was here:wink: )

I am SO glad that I dont have to go to the store and or work and see EVERYBODY in Tucson wearing a mildcats jersey, hat, tee-shirt etc etc etc.. They win one game and its on... of cource now I wont see any of it again until they win again....:shakeno:

Did you see the ***-whoopin we gave them?

The Confessor
09-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Did you see the ***-whoopin we gave them?

I savored every minute that I could:wink:. ALL the radio talk shows out here going into the game:

U OF A SCOUT: "We stack up VERY good against them. Our secondary is one of the best in the country, so we can play man up. Our front seven can EASILY play straight up with LSU.... I think this is gonna be the early collegiate upset that everybody will be talking about in January"....:sidelol: :sidelol:

Majpain
09-10-2006, 12:07 AM
I was going to say the ACC.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-10-2006, 12:13 AM
meh, it goes through cycles.

FinSinceBirth
09-10-2006, 12:14 AM
I would like to see USC play one of our SEC teams DD. Auburn, you guys and us (gators), I think we'd embarass the trojans (LSU and Auburn, more than the gators but we'd still be a hell of a fight).

DolphinDevil28
09-10-2006, 12:17 AM
I would like to see USC play one of our SEC teams DD. Auburn, you guys and us (gators), I think we'd embarass the trojans (LSU and Auburn, more than the gators but we'd still be a hell of a fight).

USC is the only excellent team in that conference.

But I'll tell you one thing, if they had to travel to Death Valley, the Swamp, or Auburn, they'd be SHOCKED at what an SEC football game environment is.

FinSinceBirth
09-10-2006, 12:37 AM

But I'll tell you one thing, if they had to travel to Death Valley, the Swamp, or Auburn, they'd be SHOCKED at what an SEC football game environment is.

USC may be the only excellent team in the conference, but your right. If they had to play one of the top 3 SEC teams, they'd be shocked. I think we're one of the best if not the best conference in the nation.

Motion
09-10-2006, 12:40 AM
The only single reason this conference gets any publicity whatsoever is because of USC.

That's IT.

Last week we heard about how Tennessee is back because they crushed a "good" California team.

We heard that Arizona was a team to watch, and they'd give my LSU Tigers a run for their money tonight.

Uh-huh. 45-3 LSU.

Welcome to the SEC boys.

I'm so sick and tired of Pac-10 fans always whining about how they belong in the discussions of best football conferences in America.

YOU DON'T.

:clap:

Motion
09-10-2006, 12:40 AM
USC may be the only excellent team in the conference, but your right. If they had to play one of the top 3 SEC teams, they'd be shocked. I think we're one of the best if not the best conference in the nation.

Hands down.

DolphinDevil28
09-10-2006, 12:52 AM
I savored every minute that I could:wink:. ALL the radio talk shows out here going into the game:

U OF A SCOUT: "We stack up VERY good against them. Our secondary is one of the best in the country, so we can play man up. Our front seven can EASILY play straight up with LSU.... I think this is gonna be the early collegiate upset that everybody will be talking about in January"....:sidelol: :sidelol:

You want to know what's really funny?

Before the game, the Arizona players ran to the middle of the field and stomped and spit on the Eye of the Tiger. (our mid-field logo.)

Then they taunted our student section. :roflmao:

Hey, how'd that turn out for ya, Zona?

Skeet84
09-10-2006, 02:10 AM

That's IT.

Uh-huh. 45-3 LSU.

Welcome to the SEC boys.

YOU DON'T.

Yeah the Pac 10 is overrated, But Fresno State is a very good program and beat good teams all the time. Last year they gave USC a run for there money. Don't hate on Fresno State

Skeet84
09-10-2006, 02:11 AM
Hands down.

Yeah its not even close, But almost every other confernce seems to think they are better than the SEC. If there is ever a playoff in college football than you will truly see just how good the SEC really is.

DolphinDevil28
09-10-2006, 02:13 AM
Yeah the Pac 10 is overrated, But Fresno State is a very good program and beat good teams all the time. Last year they gave USC a run for there money. Don't hate on Fresno State

Certainly NOT hating Fresno State.

But they don't have Paul Pinnegar anymore, and Oregon is supposed to be really good.

Hell, we play Fresno in Death Valley this year.

Skeet84
09-10-2006, 02:17 AM

But they don't have Paul Pinnegar anymore, and Oregon is supposed to be really good.

They always seem to have good players. Not great, But good players. It just seemed like you were hating on them and that should be a good game with LSU. LSU, Auburn, and Florida are looking really good and Georgia and the Vols don't look that bad either. Next week is going to be a make or break week in the SEC. Auburn v.s. LSU and Florida v.s. Tenn. Can't wait

Alex44
09-10-2006, 02:20 AM

You never know, the new guy could be better

I agree the pac 10 is waaay over hyped though

Gonzo
09-10-2006, 02:52 AM
:sidelol: wow, SEC calling another conference overhyped. Classic! You guys typically have 5 good teams out of 12. We typically have as many in a given year. You choose the one year that the teams are doing poorly to talk trash? Arizona? Seriously? They blow, I don't care what they say in the hellhole called tucson. That would be like me saying the SEC is overrated if Vanderbilt lost to USC (and they almost beat Alabama :lol: ).

As much as I like LSU, they were lucky to escape with a victory over ASU last year! But that was last year. Lets look at this year:
USC-Ark 50-14
Tenn-Cal 35-18
LSU-UA 45-3

Wow, 2-1. You're rolling all over us. Perhaps I should judge the SEC by Arkansas alone.

It's especially funny to see the comments about the trojans. Real tough after they lose all their starters and still trounce one of your teams at home.

Don't judge us all by Tucson. That would be like me judging you by Alexandria. :wink:

Skeet84
09-10-2006, 03:06 AM
:sidelol: wow, SEC calling another conference overhyped. Classic! You guys typically have 5 good teams out of 12. We typically have as many in a given year. You choose the one year that the teams are doing poorly to talk trash? Arizona? Seriously? They blow, I don't care what they say in the hellhole called tucson. That would be like me saying the SEC is overrated if Vanderbilt lost to USC (and they almost beat Alabama :lol: ).

As much as I like LSU, they were lucky to escape with a victory over ASU last year! But that was last year. Lets look at this year:
USC-Ark 50-14
Tenn-Cal 35-18
LSU-UA 45-3

Wow, 2-1. You're rolling all over us. Perhaps I should judge the SEC by Arkansas alone.

It's especially funny to see the comments about the trojans. Real tough after they lose all their starters and still trounce one of your teams at home.

Don't judge us all by Tucson. That would be like me judging you by Alexandria. :wink:

No one has ever said that USC was not a good team, But the Pac-10 is not a great confernce. USC gets great players every year when they recruit and its alot easier to reload for them. You Judging the SEC by USC beating Arkansas is just as crazy. Cal the second best team in the Pac-10 v.s. the 4th team in the SEC and its a blowout. Yeah your right the Pac 10 is great!
Also Arkansas made it closer than what Arizona did. There are more than 5 good teams in the SEC. The SEC is not a 1 year wonder they are the best conference year in and year out.

Alex44
09-10-2006, 03:20 AM
SEC > ACC > Pac 10 > Big Least :lol: > All Other minor ones

EDIT:

ACC and Pac 10 might be close or even equal, The Pac might have more bottom depth but recently the ACC is stronger near the top

Gonzo
09-10-2006, 03:20 AM
No one has ever said that USC was not a good team, But the Pac-10 is not a great confernce. USC gets great players every year when they recruit and its alot easier to reload for them. You Judging the SEC by USC beating Arkansas is just as crazy. Cal the second best team in the Pac-10 v.s. the 4th team in the SEC and its a blowout. Yeah your right the Pac 10 is great!
Also Arkansas made it closer than what Arizona did. There are more than 5 good teams in the SEC. The SEC is not a 1 year wonder they are the best conference year in and year out.

Just as crazy as judging the Pac-10 by Arizona, and that was my point. And Arkansas is a better team than Arizona. The Pac-10 is a contender EVERY year, just like the SEC. I don't care if homer fans from the SEC believe that or not, it's the truth. There probably isn't a more homeristic conference than the SEC, and that's after living in it's midst for four years.

I'll be the first to admit that this year is a down year for the Pac-10, and yet we still have 4 rated teams. However, USC, UCLA, Cal, ASU, Washington (except for the past couple of years for some reason), and sporadically the others have all consistantly been rated. SEC fans need to get off their own nuts.

SEC is up over the past few years, 5-4 National Champs versus the Pac-10. Wow, some 1-year wonders.

King Felix
09-10-2006, 03:38 AM
Just as crazy as judging the Pac-10 by Arizona, and that was my point. And Arkansas is a better team than Arizona. The Pac-10 is a contender EVERY year, just like the SEC. I don't care if homer fans from the SEC believe that or not, it's the truth. There probably isn't a more homeristic conference than the SEC, and that's after living in it's midst for four years.

I'll be the first to admit that this year is a down year for the Pac-10, and yet we still have 4 rated teams. However, USC, UCLA, Cal, ASU, Washington (except for the past couple of years for some reason), and sporadically the others have all consistantly been rated. SEC fans need to get off their own nuts.

SEC is up over the past few years, 5-4 National Champs versus the Pac-10. Wow, some 1-year wonders.:clap:

Skeet84
09-10-2006, 03:58 AM

EDIT:

ACC and Pac 10 might be close or even equal, The Pac might have more bottom depth but recently the ACC is stronger near the top

The Big 10 is second to the SEC

Skeet84
09-10-2006, 04:04 AM

SEC is up over the past few years, 5-4 National Champs versus the Pac-10. Wow, some 1-year wonders.

I was not judging the Pac-10 by just one game. The SEC is 3-1 v.s. the Pac-10 this year so Number speak alot louder than words. The SEC will always be the best confernce cause there is more talent in the Southeast and no one sends more ppl to the NFL than the SEC. The SEC does not have alot of National titles because there are so many good teams playing one another. Now you can keep thinking that the Pac-10 is just as good as the SEC, but your just being a Homer and not looking at the facts. 3-1 this year and the Pac-10 is the 4th best conference in College Football. I am not being a Homer I just look at whats right in front of my eyes.

Skeet84
09-10-2006, 04:05 AM
:clap:

I hope your not clapping cause you think he is right. Hey didn't OSU you get dominated by Boise State? Just Wondering? Yeah the Pac-10 is really great. :lol:

Alex44
09-10-2006, 04:21 AM
The Big 10 is second to the SEC

How could I forget the Big 10 :blowup: your right though and the Big 12

SEC > Big 10 > ACC > Pac 10 = Big 12 > Big East

Skeet84
09-10-2006, 04:28 AM
How could I forget the Big 10 :blowup: your right though and the Big 12

SEC > Big 10 > ACC > Pac 10 = Big 12 > Big East

I agree with the updated rankings. :wink:

Alex44
09-10-2006, 04:44 AM
I agree with the updated rankings. :wink:

I think soon the ACC will be near Big 10 status

Miami and FSU are top notch, V-Tech is very good, Georgia Tech is very under rated, Boston College seems to be getting better, but then at the bottom you have teams like Duke......who wont ever do anything, so that hurts it some.

Im glad Miami isnt in the SEC :lol:

King Felix
09-10-2006, 05:22 AM
I hope your not clapping cause you think he is right. Hey didn't OSU you get dominated by Boise State? Just Wondering? Yeah the Pac-10 is really great. :lol:umm i wouldnt be surprised if boise state will be in top 25, after this week since every poll they were getting alot of votes

Awsi Dooger
09-10-2006, 06:25 AM

Yeah, okay. I guess 2003 is too far back to be relevant. Let's see, USC traveled to Auburn to open the season in a primetime nationally televised game. Matt Leinart was a redshirt sophomore who had never thrown a pass in college football. Auburn was a 4 point favorite with both Caddy and Ronnie Brown entering their junior seasons.

Result: USC 23, Auburn 0.

The Trojans were indeed shocked, that Auburn was so much of a pushover they could only muster 43 yards rushing and 164 yards total offense.

A year earlier, USC defeated Auburn in the Coliseum, 24-17.

No denying the Pac-10 is down right now, but to include USC in the discussion is ludicrous. The roster right now is much more talented top to bottom than in 2003. You're going to have to get used to hating SC for as long as Pete Carroll sticks around.

Skeet84
09-10-2006, 06:56 AM
Yeah, okay. I guess 2003 is too far back to be relevant. Let's see, USC traveled to Auburn to open the season in a primetime nationally televised game. Matt Leinart was a redshirt sophomore who had never thrown a pass in college football. Auburn was a 4 point favorite with both Caddy and Ronnie Brown entering their junior seasons.

Result: USC 23, Auburn 0.

The Trojans were indeed shocked, that Auburn was so much of a pushover they could only muster 43 yards rushing and 164 yards total offense.

A year earlier, USC defeated Auburn in the Coliseum, 24-17.

No denying the Pac-10 is down right now, but to include USC in the discussion is ludicrous. The roster right now is much more talented top to bottom than in 2003. You're going to have to get used to hating SC for as long as Pete Carroll sticks around.

Well no one is saying USC is not good and it takes more than 1 team to be a great and toughest conference. Besides it is not out of the Question for LSU you to beat Auburn 24-17 and the next year win 23-0, But it is alot tougher if your LSU to go thru Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and the rest of the SEC in the same year than have to play in the SEC Championship game. Make no mistake about it that the road to the National title thru the SEC is alot tougher than the Pac-10. We can argue all we want, But what we truly need is a playoff and than we can finally have a true National Champion.

Skeet84
09-10-2006, 06:58 AM
I think soon the ACC will be near Big 10 status

Miami and FSU are top notch, V-Tech is very good, Georgia Tech is very under rated, Boston College seems to be getting better, but then at the bottom you have teams like Duke......who wont ever do anything, so that hurts it some.

Im glad Miami isnt in the SEC :lol:

I agree that the ACC will only get stronger and is pretty strong right now. Yeah I am also gald Miami is not in the SEC even tho I miss the Miami v.s. Florida game.

Skeet84
09-10-2006, 06:59 AM
umm i wouldnt be surprised if boise state will be in top 25, after this week since every poll they were getting alot of votes

Yeah they are a good football team and I am sure they will be in the Top 25 this week and if not very soon! I am surprised they beat OSU as much as they did tho.

Alex44
09-10-2006, 08:06 AM
I agree that the ACC will only get stronger and is pretty strong right now. Yeah I am also gald Miami is not in the SEC even tho I miss the Miami v.s. Florida game.

Thing about the SEC is the schedule is so tough your almost guaranteed to lose 1 or 2 games, of course if you roll through undefeated you will be in the national championship game (unless your Auburn apparently, IMO they were that years national champion)

Alex44
09-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Well no one is saying USC is not good and it takes more than 1 team to be a great and toughest conference. Besides it is not out of the Question for LSU you to beat Auburn 24-17 and the next year win 23-0, But it is alot tougher if your LSU to go thru Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and the rest of the SEC in the same year than have to play in the SEC Championship game. Make no mistake about it that the road to the National title thru the SEC is alot tougher than the Pac-10. We can argue all we want, But what we truly need is a playoff and than we can finally have a true National Champion.

Im all for a 4 or 8 team playoff, IMO college football needs it

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-10-2006, 10:58 AM
12-team playoff or bust.

Skeet84
09-10-2006, 07:03 PM
12-team playoff or bust.

Yeah I really don't care how many teams just as long as we can get a playoff!!!!

Roman529
09-10-2006, 09:23 PM

That's IT.

Uh-huh. 45-3 LSU.

Welcome to the SEC boys.

YOU DON'T.

Yeah, wait till my ASU Sun Devils win it all this year. :lol:

DolphinDevil28
09-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah, wait till my ASU Sun Devils win it all this year. :lol:

They are certainly the 2nd best team in the Pac 10 this year.

AirMarino83
09-11-2006, 12:17 AM
asu... high hopes every year... yet they always end up in some 2nd tier bowl game... :fire:

King Felix
09-11-2006, 12:26 AM
as much as i hate to say this, oregon is second best in pac 10

vmarcilfan75
09-11-2006, 11:32 AM
we compete in every sport not just football. Thats why the PAC10 is called

THE CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS! :D

Motion
09-11-2006, 12:07 PM
we compete in every sport not just football. Thats why the PAC10 is called

THE CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS! :D

:lol:

Cuban Dave 9
09-11-2006, 01:57 PM
UF over UCLA NCAA Mens Basketball Championship

vmarcilfan75
09-11-2006, 02:08 PM
UF over UCLA NCAA Mens Basketball Championship

you need 10 more to catch up.....Good Luck! :lol:

ZolarZ_GoPhins
09-12-2006, 05:44 PM

EDIT:

Everyone keep lauging at the BigEast and eating all the crap that the national media feeds you. Watch the conference this year. They are much improved from the last couple years. It looks like the BigEast is a top BCS conference from their play so far.

WVU hasn't had a tough schedule at all yet, but dominated teams and didn't let a lesser team even think they could hang. Needless to say many other Top BCS programs let lesser ranked schools beat or hang around all game.

Lousiville losses Bush but continues rack up big points and will beat Miami in a shoot out.

Pitt and Rutgers are both playing well and should be nationally ranked top 25 in a few weeks.

Uconn and Cinn. are doin fine, along with USF but struggled with a lesser school this week.

Last is Syracuse. They are easily the bottom team in the BigEast and had Iowa in double OT a top 20 school.

Except for Syracuse the BigEast is 4-0 v/s other BCS schools. We have 4 legit teams that should be top 25 ranked in the coming weeks. At least watch some games or be informed of what is going on. The BigEast so far this year is proving to be a tough Conference.

Few more weeks and everything will be more clear till then keep yer eyes open and watch what the BigEast teams are doing. :eek:

Skeet84
09-12-2006, 08:58 PM

The SEC has become a better basketball conference too. When you start talking about most other sports than the SEC is most dominant period.

Cuban Dave 9
09-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Sound like a Hurricanes fan

Amars
09-12-2006, 10:02 PM

Umm what happen last time USC played Auburn.

Amars
09-12-2006, 10:04 PM
I can name 5 top teams in the nation and none of them are from the SEC. But from 6-10 they will be probably all SEC. So I will agree that conference wise they are the best.

Amars
09-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Pac-10 top three teams are

1. USC
3 Oregon

DolphinDevil28
09-12-2006, 11:20 PM
I can name 5 top teams in the nation and none of them are from the SEC. But from 6-10 they will be probably all SEC. So I will agree that conference wise they are the best.

Are you serious?

LSU and Auburn are certainly top 5 teams. It's a shame that they play this early, because later it could have been like a 2 vs. 3 matchup or something like that.

AirMarino83
09-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Pac-10 top three teams are

1. USC
3 Oregon

lemme fill in the black...

ASU!!!:D

Alex44
09-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Everyone keep lauging at the BigEast and eating all the crap that the national media feeds you. Watch the conference this year. They are much improved from the last couple years. It looks like the BigEast is a top BCS conference from their play so far.

WVU hasn't had a tough schedule at all yet, but dominated teams and didn't let a lesser team even think they could hang. Needless to say many other Top BCS programs let lesser ranked schools beat or hang around all game.

Lousiville losses Bush but continues rack up big points and will beat Miami in a shoot out.

Pitt and Rutgers are both playing well and should be nationally ranked top 25 in a few weeks.

Uconn and Cinn. are doin fine, along with USF but struggled with a lesser school this week.

Last is Syracuse. They are easily the bottom team in the BigEast and had Iowa in double OT a top 20 school.

Except for Syracuse the BigEast is 4-0 v/s other BCS schools. We have 4 legit teams that should be top 25 ranked in the coming weeks. At least watch some games or be informed of what is going on. The BigEast so far this year is proving to be a tough Conference.

Few more weeks and everything will be more clear till then keep yer eyes open and watch what the BigEast teams are doing. :eek:

UM FSU VT GT Boston College > Entire Big East

Louisville is good I'll give you that, but they arent winning this week

Nappy Roots
09-13-2006, 12:02 AM

dont forget Clemson.

also, West Virginia is also a good team in the big east. but, i definitly agree with you

DolphinDevil28
09-13-2006, 12:08 AM

USC-Ark 50-14
Tenn-Cal 35-18
LSU-UA 45-3

Glad to hear you like LSU.

However, let's see your team get displaced by a Category 5 hurricane, have to travel across the country at the last minute to play an away game that was originally scheduled as a home game, have the thoughts of family and friends still suffering in Louisiana in the back of your mind, with a brand new head coach in his VERY first game, and STILL pull out a win against a top-20 opponent. :up:

Amars
09-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Are you serious?

LSU and Auburn are certainly top 5 teams. It's a shame that they play this early, because later it could have been like a 2 vs. 3 matchup or something like that.

Im not just talking about this year or one year in particular. Im talking overall. None of the SEC teams are above these teams.
Top 5 in no specific order

1. Notre Dame
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Ohio State
5. Oklahoma

Amars
09-13-2006, 12:49 AM
lemme fill in the black...

ASU!!!:D

No no. There is no #2 team. That how far apart in competition USC is apart from everyone else in the PAC 10

DolphinDevil28
09-13-2006, 12:53 AM
Im not just talking about this year or one year in particular. Im talking overall. None of the SEC teams are above these teams.

1. Notre Dame
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Ohio State
5. Oklahoma

Well then the word you were looking for is "program."

And I beg to differ that LSU and Auburn's programs aren't better than Oklahoma and Notre Dame's.

Alex44
09-13-2006, 12:55 AM
Which conference would the best team in the country have the hardest time getting through? The obvious answer is the SEC

So I think that means the SEC is the toughest conference

Nappy Roots
09-13-2006, 12:59 AM

1. Notre Dame
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Ohio State
5. Oklahoma

what has Notre Dame down to be even in the top 5? they havent won a national championship in 10 years. and have had a few losing seasons actually.

Amars
09-13-2006, 12:59 AM
Hey I agree that SEC has the toughest conference and its tough for them because they beat up on eachother.

Alex44
09-13-2006, 01:00 AM
what has Notre Dame down to be even in the top 5? they havent won a national championship in 10 years. and have had a few losing seasons actually.

They have history....but thats it, most kids today dont know or care about a programs history, they care about now, and rightfully so

Amars
09-13-2006, 01:01 AM

So USC went through a 10 year drought are they not considered top 5. Notre Dame is probably a top 3 program all time.

Nappy Roots
09-13-2006, 01:04 AM
So USC went through a 10 year drought are they not considered top 5. Notre Dame is probably a top 3 program all time.

ah my fault. i thought you were talking about top programs recently. not of all time.

DolphinDevil28
09-13-2006, 01:05 AM

I agree.

If you are talking about strictly PROGRAMS, which means getting recruits, being competitive year in and year out, having a large financial and fan support base, then you'd have to include Florida State, Florida and Miami also.

I work for the LSU athletic department, and they said statistically wise we are certainly in the top 5 programs in the country when it comes to financial support and such.

It's almost impossible to make a top 5 list of programs because there are so many of them.

If I had to say Top 10, in no particular order they'd be:

Texas
Miami
Florida
Florida State
Michigan
Ohio State
LSU
USC
Auburn
Notre Dame/Tennessee/Oklahoma

Maybe I'm forgetting one or two, but those are certainly the top 10 or so college football programs CURRENTLY.

Amars
09-13-2006, 01:10 AM
6-11 in no particular order for me would be

LSU
Michigan
Miami
Florida State
Auburn
Florida

My top 10 will easily show that the SEC is the strongest conference.

ZolarZ_GoPhins
09-13-2006, 05:55 AM

Are you saying each of those 5 teams are better then any team in the BigEast?
That would be a rediculous statement.

If your are saying that those 5 teams as a whole are better then the 8 BigEast teams as a whole then maybe some would agree with you. Not me.

Alot will be seen this week.
WVU plays an ACC team : Maryland
Louisville plays an ACC team : Miami U
Pitt plays a Big10 team : Mich St
UConn plays a Big10 team : Indiana
Syracuse plays a Big10 team : Illinois(which Rutgers destroyed in week 2)
Cincinatti Plays a Big10 team : Ohio St
Also USF plays UCF which should be a good game, and Rutgers take on Ohio in a couple games against decent mid-majors

So this week will show alot for how good the BigEast is this year; Top to bottom.

vmarcilfan75
09-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Sound like a Hurricanes fan

nah...UCLA fan :D

vmarcilfan75
09-13-2006, 10:38 AM
The SEC has become a better basketball conference too. When you start talking about most other sports than the SEC is most dominant period.

all i know is all time championships NOBODY can touch the PAC10 (combined women/men) championships.

UCLA 99
Stanford 92
SC 84
Oklahoma St 48

djfresh47
09-13-2006, 02:17 PM

If Louisville wins this week this week the winner of WVU vs Louisville should run the table because of the soft schedule. Eventhough they don't play anybody besides from Louisville, West Virginia is a better team than all the teams you listed above.

Motion
09-13-2006, 02:23 PM
all i know is all time championships NOBODY can touch the PAC10 (combined women/men) championships.

UCLA 99
Stanford 92
SC 84
Oklahoma St 48

You do know what forum your posting in right? :wink:

vmarcilfan75
09-13-2006, 06:15 PM
You do know what forum your posting in right? :wink:

yeah i know...sorry to change the sport :o :wink:

DolphinDevil28
09-13-2006, 11:25 PM

UCLA 99
Stanford 92
SC 84
Oklahoma St 48

Oklahoma State is in the Big 12.

djfresh47
09-14-2006, 12:07 AM
So it basically comes down to the SEC being the best conference in the country which most people would agree. I don't think the other conferences blow away the Pac-10 but we shall see how the season plays out. The Sec usually has football rich schools so why wouldn't they be the best conference? If their is a down conference this year I think it maybe the Big 12. It's September and things sort themself out but people knew going into the year that the Pac-10 wasn't that good, but did they know the ACC would be as unimpressive so far this year?

vmarcilfan75
09-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Oklahoma State is in the Big 12.

i know i was just showing the top 4 and how dominate the PAC10 is in total championships.

djfresh47
09-14-2006, 11:05 PM
If USC blows out Nebraska and Oregon beats Oklahoma does that change opinions on the Pac-10?

Skeet84
09-15-2006, 04:23 PM

UCLA 99
Stanford 92
SC 84
Oklahoma St 48

Yeah you talk of the Past ( Pac 10 ) The SEC was also not around back than and welcome to the Future the SEC!

Skeet84
09-15-2006, 04:31 PM
If USC blows out Nebraska and Oregon beats Oklahoma does that change opinions on the Pac-10?

It only changes that the Pac-10 is better than the BIG 12. However the Pac-10 has alot more to lose this weekend than it has to gain.

Martel
09-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Weeeeelllp. Looks like the west got it done. That 7-3 LSU game was pretty sweet though.

Martel
09-18-2006, 04:30 AM
Bumpy boo boo

vmarcilfan75
09-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Yeah you talk of the Past ( Pac 10 ) The SEC was also not around back than and welcome to the Future the SEC!

has the SEC been around for the last 25 years?

In the 25 years that the NCAA has awarded both men's and women's championships, UCLA has won 59 NCAA team titles (30 men's and 29 women's).

or how bout since 2000?

20 national championships combined.

Skeet84
09-18-2006, 07:25 PM
has the SEC been around for the last 25 years?

or how bout since 2000?

20 national championships combined.

20 national championships in what? I mean please tell me because it can't be any major sport. The Pac 10 has still been around longer.

Cuban Dave 9
09-19-2006, 10:18 AM
ESPN reports that official recieved Death threat. Oregon should be 2-1

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-19-2006, 10:20 AM
when both teams end up with 3 losses it'll be moot.