PDA

View Full Version : I guess the Broncos...Panthers, KC have been eliminated from the Super Bowl Chase

NYPhinFan
09-10-2006, 06:10 PM
After devastating losses on opening day...Denver, Carolina...and KC have forgone the rest of the season and will no longer have a chance for the playoffs and super bowl. Shanahan has plans to replace Plummer next week...Delhomme was given a chance on opening day...that should be enough...Larry Johnson will be demoted to 3rd string because obviously he is a bust and not the kind of back on a winning team. Most importantly all the coaches on these teams are overrated and need to be replaced...........
Yet maybe...just maybe...ITS ONLY WEEK ONE!..The season is not decided in the first week???? YOu don't have to rip your QB...or RB...or coaches after a week?..You mean there is a chance that they will still play another 15 weeks and they might be allowed to win another game?
Some of the absolute nonsense that has been posted on here in the last week has made me sick. Have a little faith...its a long..long season...and its amazing how much peoples thoughts will change after one single win...Sorry for all the sarcasim.:tantrum: :tantrum:

Brown42000
09-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Kansas City is in trouble, Trent green has severe a concussion.

Disnardo
09-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Maybe we can offer KC's OL help???:lol:

on a 2nd note hope Trent will be OK...

Bonedoc7777
09-10-2006, 06:16 PM
this was one of the best threads i have ever read, i have gotten over my sick feeling in my stomach after today and cant wait for week two

Aqua4Ever04
09-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Yep. If you start 0-1 then you aren't allowed to particpate in post season action. They changed the rule this year. Last year, if you started 0-1, you wern't allowed to WIN the Super Bowl. Notice the officiating in the Super Bowl? That was because Seattle lost week 1 to Jacksonville. Did you see the whooping the Seahawks put on the Panthers in the NFC Championship? That was because Carolina lost to New Orleans in week 1. And of course, Denver got smacked down by us. It really is too bad, half of the teams in the NFL have been or will be eliminated this week. Maybe next year guys.

NYPhinFan
09-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Its amazing how that sick feeling you have in your gut..slowly slowly goes away. This week will take forever to get over with.:tantrum:

Dmancari23
09-10-2006, 06:30 PM
After devastating losses on opening day...Denver, Carolina...and KC have forgone the rest of the season and will no longer have a chance for the playoffs and super bowl. Shanahan has plans to replace Plummer next week...Delhomme was given a chance on opening day...that should be enough...Larry Johnson will be demoted to 3rd string because obviously he is a bust and not the kind of back on a winning team. Most importantly all the coaches on these teams are overrated and need to be replaced...........
Yet maybe...just maybe...ITS ONLY WEEK ONE!..The season is not decided in the first week???? YOu don't have to rip your QB...or RB...or coaches after a week?..You mean there is a chance that they will still play another 15 weeks and they might be allowed to win another game?
Some of the absolute nonsense that has been posted on here in the last week has made me sick. Have a little faith...its a long..long season...and its amazing how much peoples thoughts will change after one single win...Sorry for all the sarcasim.:tantrum: :tantrum:Your post has meaning, yet it's still ridiculous.

miaD5499
i love it, ive been saying it these past few days there are still 15 more games!!!! half the teams now are 0-1 and do you think all those teams are eliminated?!? def not, and on a side note seeing the NE game today gave me a lot of faith that this division can easily be taken by us, call me crazy but i would say against the world champions we probably played the best out of the rest of the teams in the east

Everybody is just frustrated after losing a game, we all felt we could win. Myself included. I still don't like the 3-4 D.

Aqua4Ever04
09-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Its amazing how that sick feeling you have in your gut..slowly slowly goes away. This week will take forever to get over with.:tantrum:

Yeah no kidding. I am so looking forward to next Sunday when we get a chance to get back on the field. I can only imagine how the players feel.

Aqua4Ever04
09-10-2006, 06:32 PM
i love it, ive been saying it these past few days there are still 15 more games!!!! half the teams now are 0-1 and do you think all those teams are eliminated?!? def not, and on a side note seeing the NE game today gave me a lot of faith that this division can easily be taken by us, call me crazy but i would say against the world champions we probably played the best out of the rest of the teams in the east

Yeah I touched on that in an earlier post. Glad to see I wasn't the only one. Seriously, the Bills maybe were the only challengers because the Pats played terrible and the Jets eeked by the lowly Titans. Then again, they are the Bills so you really can't be worried. The division is ours for the taking IMO.

Aqua4Ever04
09-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Your post has meaning, yet it's still ridiculous.

Sorry dude, but I can no longer value an opinion of yours ever again. You have burnt your name into my mind and I will never forget this thread. http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=158178

Nothing you say can ever be taken seriously again.

cnc66
09-10-2006, 06:36 PM
I found this jewel by Skape buried five pages deep, it, just like this thread explores the insanity known as chicken little

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=158424&highlight=16+teams

outtawack311
09-10-2006, 06:36 PM
I say this thread should be stickied.

finmann
09-10-2006, 06:42 PM

The hit he took was horrendous.

finmann
09-10-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm so happy the Broncos lost.......Plummer just sucks.

HysterikiLL
09-10-2006, 06:47 PM
WHy do people try to be the big prophet 'whoa is me' Mr. "look, other teams lost, I know all"? Yeah, they lost....so a loss is good now because it "means nothing"?

Why can't we be disappointed with a loss? Why can't we, as Fin fans, frown on our mistakes? I damn well guarantee you those teams aren't just shrugging off those losses as "Ah ha! A loss means nothing because other good teams lost", whilst flahsing jazz hands.

NYPhinFan
09-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Your post has meaning, yet it's still ridiculous.
I am trying not too laugh...you are calling my post ridiculous...lol...aren't you the guy who said Ronnie Brown is not a starting RB in this league????. I guess you would have the best idea what a ridiculous post is:shakeno:

NYPhinFan
09-10-2006, 06:53 PM
WHy do people try to be the big prophet 'whoa is me' Mr. "look, other teams lost, I know all"? Yeah, they lost....so a loss is good now because it "means nothing"?

Why can't we be disappointed with a loss? Why can't we, as Fin fans, frown on our mistakes? I damn well guarantee you those teams aren't just shrugging off those losses as "Ah ha! A loss means nothing because other good teams lost", whilst flahsing jazz hands.
There is such a thing as being disappointed with a loss...that is totally acceptable...I am talking about the Coach is overrated..Bench Culpepper...Ronnie Brown is not a starter in this league stuff...the "season is lost stuff"..that I find unacceptable.

Aqua4Ever04
09-10-2006, 07:00 PM
I am trying not too laugh...you are calling my post ridiculous...lol...aren't you the guy who said Ronnie Brown is not a starting RB in this league????. I guess you would have the best idea what a ridiculous post is:shakeno:

HAHA! Bingo! Dare I say, OWNED?

There is such a thing as being disappointed with a loss...that is totally acceptable...I am talking about the Coach is overrated..Bench Culpepper...Ronnie Brown is not a starter in this league stuff...the "season is lost stuff"..that I find unacceptable.

I am really enjoying reading your posts man. I couldn't agree with you more. Some of the threads on Thursday night and all day Friday were ridiculous. Luckily they're disapearing. Wait till Sunday at about 4:00 eastern. All the fair weather guys will be back on the bus. Keep up the good work NYPhin.

Aqua4Ever04
09-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Add the Cowboys to the list of the eliminated.

With the new rules of the NFL, here is a list of the teams eliminated from contention.

Miami, Buffalo, Cleveland, Tennessee, Houston, Denver, Kansas City, Dallas, Green Bay, Detroit, Carolina, Tampa Bay, and soon to be San Fransisco.

Oh yeah, did anyone see the Baltimore game? Man, they looked very very good.

NYPhinFan
09-10-2006, 07:31 PM
I guess all that talk about Dallas making the playoffs are done. Guess TO goes on the trading block tomm...obviously not the player the Cowboys thought they were getting. Parcells will have his concession speech tomm.:shakeno: :shakeno:

cnc66
09-10-2006, 07:42 PM
I guess all that talk about Dallas making the playoffs are done. Guess TO goes on the trading block tomm...obviously not the player the Cowboys thought they were getting. Parcells will have his concession speech tomm.:shakeno: :shakeno:

yer pretty good at this ya know...kinna scarylike :titanic:

PhinFan0202
09-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Maybe we can offer KC's OL help???:lol:

on a 2nd note hope Trent will be OK...

I have said this before that K.C. is a couple on injuries away from being a crappy team. I think both of their all-pro tackles have retired, Trent Green is out for a couple of games and no QB on their roster is a legit starter/backup except trent Green.

Bonedoc7777
09-10-2006, 07:43 PM
how about tampa, they did not score a point at home, 27 to zip, not a good way to get started gruden, might as well cut simms

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-10-2006, 08:29 PM
the fans in tampa want gradkowski to start.

Roman529
09-10-2006, 08:54 PM
The hit he took was horrendous.

I thought Green could have easily died from that hit....that was unreal.

Brown42000
09-10-2006, 09:40 PM
After seeing that I thought for sure he was paralyzed because he was knocked out cold and wasn't moving, one of the scariest injuries I have seen in a while.

Sirspud
09-10-2006, 09:44 PM

I'm not counting the Jets out (or the Pats). Pennington showed that he can still play in this league if he stays healthy. People are too quick to write off players who have been good just because of injury problems. I'm not expecting the Jets to win the division, just not ruling it out.

Aqua4Ever04
09-10-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm not counting the Jets out (or the Pats). Pennington showed that he can still play in this league if he stays healthy. People are too quick to write off players who have been good just because of injury problems. I'm not expecting the Jets to win the division, just not ruling it out.

Yes but the rest of that team is just awful. They lost Kevin Mawae, Ty Law, John Abraham and don't have Curtis Martin due to injury. The only real bright spot on that defense is Vilma, and their running game is not very good. Lavernous Coles was good today, but I still think he is just above average.

Brown42000
09-10-2006, 10:09 PM
The Jets were facing the crappy Titans and any qb can throw for over 300 yards on that secondary.

Dors156
09-10-2006, 10:23 PM
no way.denver lost last years opener to us and they got to the afc championship.they all including us have 15 more to go

NYPhinFan
09-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Well I guess those high hopes of the NY Giants going to the Super Bowl were dashed tonight. Officially eliminated from any type of playoff contention. They will have to start looking for a brand new QB and it proves once and for all that Tiki Barber is not a full-time back and will have to be traded. Another teams dreams dashed after the first game:shakeno: :shakeno: