PDA

View Full Version : Miami at Louisville

zachequalsgod
09-11-2006, 01:50 AM
I feel like a Pats, Jets, or Bills fan starting this thread (except you know... not at all ). :baghead: I know I'm the outsider, but....

Let's here some predictions.
I'm saying Louisville 14 Miami 10

This game got a lot closer w/ the loss of Bush. Defense wins this one.

Roman529
09-11-2006, 01:54 AM
Louisville is an unreal scoring machine.....I can't wait to see this game...I am picking Louisville to win it....I am picking way more points than you have:

Louisville 31
Miami 21

Alex44
09-11-2006, 01:57 AM
Hurricanes defense wont give up that many points (roman), Im not predicting a winner but Im going to give two scenarios

Hurricanes win 21-17

Louisville wins 17-14

Roman529
09-11-2006, 02:01 AM
Hurricanes defense wont give up that many points (roman), Im not predicting a winner but Im going to give two scenarios

Hurricanes win 21-17

Louisville wins 17-14

Louisville scores like nobody I have seen in a while...even against good defenses. I think Miami will also score a lot...I know Miami and Florida State was low scoring...but I don't think this will be.

Alex44
09-11-2006, 02:07 AM
Louisville scores like nobody I have seen in a while...even against good defenses. I think Miami will also score a lot...I know Miami and Florida State was low scoring...but I don't think this will be.

Miami scoring will depend how good Louisville's D-Line is, I cant see Miami giving up 30+ points to anyone in the country, just not our style if we get into a shootout we are screwed

Expect to see power running by Miami early and a nice dose of baby James (Edges cousin) he was great last week vs FAMU, and yes I know its only FAMU but all our RB's played the same team and he was by far the best

Merriweather and Phillips wont allow big plays down the field, if our D gets beat it will probally be dinking and dunking down the field on us. (unless Louisville has a huge WR, we always struggle with those type guys)

zachequalsgod
09-11-2006, 06:21 AM
I lucked up and fell into some free tix to this game, so I'm even more psyched than I was before. Louisville have had two RBs really step up since Bush went down in Smith and Stripling, these are going to be your dinking and dunking guys out of the backfield.

I'm gonna stick with a low scoring game. 10-14 Louisville. I agree that Louisville seems to be a scoring machine at times, but in the past Louisville hasn't faced a team like Miami and won't face another this year pre-BCS.

Alex44
09-11-2006, 06:50 AM
I lucked up and fell into some free tix to this game, so I'm even more psyched than I was before. Louisville have had two RBs really step up since Bush went down in Smith and Stripling, these are going to be your dinking and dunking guys out of the backfield.

I'm gonna stick with a low scoring game. 10-14 Louisville. I agree that Louisville seems to be a scoring machine at times, but in the past Louisville hasn't faced a team like Miami and won't face another this year pre-BCS.

I dont know much about LV but how is their run defense? IMO that might be the difference in the game

Oboy
09-11-2006, 08:23 AM
When Bush was there I was saying Louisville had a GREAT chance at pulling it off. With out him, I am not NEARLY as confident. In fact, I better a late turnover decides the game. Since UM has the better D... I would say UM takes it.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-11-2006, 10:12 AM
31-17 louisville.

305TillIDie
09-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Louisville hasnt faced a Defense this year like Miami

Miami 24, Louisville 14

Motion
09-11-2006, 10:39 AM
31-17 louisville.

:yeahthat:

Nappy Roots
09-11-2006, 12:08 PM
17-13 Um

LouPhinFan
09-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Trust me, there is no way U of L does not score at least 20 points in this one. I don't care how good Miami's D is. Yeah we lost Bush, but the 2 guys we have to pick up the slack are still pretty good. Kolby Smith is an all around back that can power and has a little bit of speed to him. He's got experience. Stripling is as fast or faster than any UM defensive player. The thing I worry about is U of L's secondary. Rod Council, our best starting CB, (he's a sophomore if that tells you anything about the rest of our secondary) got hurt in the Temple game and won't be playing. I'm sure Miami will go deep often.

As far as the "never facing a D like UM" crap, we have, back in 2004! Brohm played the finally 12 minutes in that one and led a scoring drive. Don't get me wrong UM is really good, but they aren't the monster they have been in the past. They aren't even as good as they were 2 years ago. I remember the first half of that game. UM defenders shrugging their shoulders and arguing amongst them selves because they couldn't understand the offense they were facing. Damn Hester punt return and dropped interception was the difference in the game.

All that being said, if the game was in the Orange Bowl, I would call it even. U of L just simply overwhelms opponents in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. No U of L won't hang 50 points on the 'canes, but they will score close to 30.

U of L 31 UM 21

DonShula84
09-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Louisville hasnt faced a Defense this year like Miami

Miami 24, Louisville 14

And Miami hasnt faced on offense like Louisville's. Should be a good game, I wouldnt be at all surprised if Louisville beat them. Either way I think they put up atleast 3 or 4 tds.

Alex44
09-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Trust me, there is no way U of L does not score at least 20 points in this one. I don't care how good Miami's D is. Yeah we lost Bush, but the 2 guys we have to pick up the slack are still pretty good. Kolby Smith is an all around back that can power and has a little bit of speed to him. He's got experience. Stripling is as fast or faster than any UM defensive player. The thing I worry about is U of L's secondary. Rod Council, our best starting CB, (he's a sophomore if that tells you anything about the rest of our secondary) got hurt in the Temple game and won't be playing. I'm sure Miami will go deep often.

As far as the "never facing a D like UM" crap, we have, back in 2004! Brohm played the finally 12 minutes in that one and led a scoring drive. Don't get me wrong UM is really good, but they aren't the monster they have been in the past. They aren't even as good as they were 2 years ago. I remember the first half of that game. UM defenders shrugging their shoulders and arguing amongst them selves because they couldn't understand the offense they were facing. Damn Hester punt return and dropped interception was the difference in the game.

All that being said, if the game was in the Orange Bowl, I would call it even. U of L just simply overwhelms opponents in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. No U of L won't hang 50 points on the 'canes, but they will score close to 30.

U of L 31 UM 21

you guys need to change the stadium name.....it doesnt scare anyone

Cuban Dave 9
09-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Actually makes me hungry :lol:

LouPhinFan
09-13-2006, 12:15 AM

Yeah, unfortunately U of L needed the money for the new stadium, so we had to take Papa John's money. It seats 42,000, but they are getting ready to ramp up efforts to expand it to like 60,000 or something.

Hmmm...in 2010 I'll be sitting in the Pizza Hut expansion section at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium with the Cards playing on UPS field. Sponsership money gone wild...:D

zachequalsgod
09-13-2006, 04:47 AM
And Miami hasnt faced on offense like Louisville's.

GUYMAN
09-13-2006, 09:08 AM
I follow the Cardinals too. Wanted to send you a PM, but you need 50 Posts to do it. Drop me an E-Mail at: ggarofano@optonline.net if you like.

305TillIDie
09-13-2006, 09:19 AM

U of L 31 UM 21

you will see a focused miami team..dont be surprised if Miami D holds up against you guys :wink:

my boy Nate harris plays for louisville..good Linebacker..i know him from playing against him in High School..down here in Miami...I wished him luck when he came home

should be a good game :yes:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-13-2006, 11:12 AM
you will see a focused miami team
not under coker.

LouPhinFan
09-13-2006, 01:44 PM
not under coker.

I don't follow UM football. I've heard that alot of the fans want him gone. What's his deal? Is he not a good coach? Poor motivator? Poor recruiter?

305TillIDie
09-13-2006, 01:48 PM
not under coker.last year, this miami team went to Virginia Tech and killed the Hokies..Everybody picked miami to lose that game..it was "us against the world" that Miami was in...I dont know who fired up that team..but they were on a mission to Blacksburg, V.A.

305TillIDie
09-13-2006, 01:54 PM
I don't follow UM football. I've heard that alot of the fans want him gone. What's his deal? Is he not a good coach? Poor motivator? Poor recruiter?Miami fans want improvement..Larry has a 53-10 record and a national championship but every since the National Championship, hes been sliding down...every year is 9-3..thats not miami football

hes not a good recruiter...hes a ok recruiter, but not good...Larry isnt a good Gameday coach either..hes a good OC though, thats one thing hes good at

if larry doesnt get to the ACC Championship game, his days is numbered

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-13-2006, 01:55 PM
well no one is predicting miami to get blown out here. there is no "us against the world" thing here. miami is favored.

305TillIDie
09-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Miami is a five point underdog as of now

Miami is a 5-point underdog, marking only the sixth time it hasn't been favored since the 2000 season. The Hurricanes have never lost as an underdog in coach Larry Coker's tenure, most recently recording a 27-7 win at Virginia Tech last season -- a game where the Hokies were favored by 6 1/2 points.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-t25-underdogmiami&prov=ap&type=lgns

the Hurricanes feel like this is their season.. this team will be ready to play

HysterikiLL
09-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Man, the only reason Miami have done anything in the past few years, aside from the talent they've had, is because the likes of Winslow, Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Eric Winston, Jaoquin Gonzalez, and even Kyle Wright have been natural born, unquestioned leaders when they've needed to be.

Coker couldn't motivate a Bear to take a **** in the woods.

Jaydog57
09-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Miami is the underdog in this game, and we're 7-2 under Coker against ranked teams in away games. It won't be a blowout, but Miami will be ranked a bit higher on Monday.:wink:

zachequalsgod
09-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Miami and Louisville are similar teams in similar situations. Both team's BCS chances are pending on this game. Both teams are going to be very focused.

Just because Louisville's offense is one of the best in the nation, let's not forget about their defense... most def not a push over. GO CARDS!

Kdawg954
09-14-2006, 01:30 AM

U of L 31 UM 21

Man, all I'm a say is . . . this similar Canes team went into what many would consider a more hostile environment in Blacksburg last year, 7 point underdog . . . and that D completely discombobulated the Va Tech offense . . IN THEIR HOUSE. Now the Canes go back on the road as an underdog again (better D and better offense IMO). Canes took Louiville light 2 years ago, but still won the game . . . best believe this Miami team has something to prove . . because if they lose . . . they don't play for 2 weeks . . .and it will be the longest 2 weeks that Coker and this program has ever seen . . . Miami is playing for pride right about now. They will be ultra motivated.

Kdawg954
09-14-2006, 01:32 AM
Miami and Louisville are similar teams in similar situations. Both team's BCS chances are pending on this game. Both teams are going to be very focused.

Just because Louisville's offense is one of the best in the nation, let's not forget about their defense... most def not a push over. GO CARDS!

Actually win or lose . . . it really doesn't effect either teams chance at making the BCS because its a non conference game. If your talking about the National Championship . . . neither team is gonna make it there this year IMO, win or lose.

Alex44
09-14-2006, 01:33 AM
Actually win or lose . . . it really doesn't effect either teams chance at making the BCS because its a non conference game. If your talking about the National Championship . . . neither team is gonna make it there this year IMO, win or lose.

Ohio State is going to lose a game and so is Notre Dame IMO

That said if either team runs the table they have a chance

Kdawg954
09-14-2006, 01:40 AM
Ohio State is going to lose a game and so is Notre Dame IMO

That said if either team runs the table they have a chance

True, I guess if Louiville were to run the table, they have a shot. Miami is even more of a dark horse . . .but if they impress this week and impress the rest of the year and then beat FL. State in the ACC Championship . . .I guess anything is possible . . . just not likely . . . UM definetly has to start climbing those rankings this week.

Alex44
09-14-2006, 01:42 AM
Just remember its always better to lose your first game and go 11-1 than your last and go 11-1

Untill we lose our second game we still have a chance, even if its not a big one

Coral Reefer
09-14-2006, 08:33 AM
I really just can't take Louisville seriously.

Even if they beat the Canes, to me it'll be more of a sign of how bad the Canes have gotten more than being impressed with Louisville.

They'll skate through an easy schedule and get walloped by a top team in a bowl if they stay in the top 10 IMO.

LouPhinFan
09-14-2006, 08:47 AM

Every team should aspire to a national championship. That being said, even if U of L runs the table, I seriously doubt they'll make the BCS championship game. That's why losing the Miami game would suck, but will not end our season. The West Virginia game is much more important than this game. I just want U of L to make a BCS bowl this year.

zachequalsgod
09-15-2006, 01:47 AM

Even if they beat the Canes, to me it'll be more of a sign of how bad the Canes have gotten more than being impressed with Louisville.

They'll skate through an easy schedule and get walloped by a top team in a bowl if they stay in the top 10 IMO.

I can't take your post seriously because you obviously haven't watched this offense.

I'll give you the easy schedule, but they do play Miami (17) and West Virgina (5). While there are teams with much harder schedules, these are the games that make or break Louisville with both fans and media.

Coral Reefer
09-15-2006, 02:25 AM
I can't take your post seriously because you obviously haven't watched this offense.

I'll give you the easy schedule, but they do play Miami (17) and West Virgina (5). While there are teams with much harder schedules, these are the games that make or break Louisville with both fans and media.

Well you don't have to take me seriously.

We'll see soon enough.
I stand by it though.
If Louisville gets by Miami and stays in the top 10 they'll get shredded once they hit a top program in a bowl.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-15-2006, 08:45 AM
trekbiz's opinion on louisville is equal to majpain's opinion on brady quinn.

Motion
09-15-2006, 08:52 AM
Louisville averages 55.7 pts/game @ home :eek:

LouPhinFan
09-15-2006, 11:44 AM

I'm sorry you can't take Louisville seriously, that's your problem. As far as the easy schedule goes, its not like U of L really has anything they can do. Read the following article:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060915/SPORTS02/609150433/1002/SPORTS

U of L has a very hard time scheduling top notch opponents. Ohio State said they will never play U of L again after we almost beat them in 1992, final score of that game was 20 - 19, they were the no. 17 ranked team in the country at that time. I seriously doubt FSU will ever sign another contract to play us again after the 2002 OT win. I hope we sign another contract with Miami. They're a great team and program.

Its a by product of the BCS system. U of L will always be a trap game for potential BCS championship teams. That why there really needs to be a change of culture in college football. College is more about the haves and the have nots.

Motion
09-15-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm sorry you can't take Louisville seriously, that's your problem. As far as the easy schedule goes, its not like U of L really has anything they can do. Read the following article:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060915/SPORTS02/609150433/1002/SPORTS

U of L has a very hard time scheduling top notch opponents. Ohio State said they will never play U of L again after we almost beat them in 1992, final score of that game was 20 - 19, they were the no. 17 ranked team in the country at that time. I seriously doubt FSU will ever sign another contract to play us again after the 2002 OT win. I hope we sign another contract with Miami. They're a great team and program.

Its a by product of the BCS system. U of L will always be a trap game for potential BCS championship teams. That why there really needs to be a change of culture in college football. College is more about the haves and the have nots.

Great post.

Louisville and WVU need to join the ACC or something.

Coral Reefer
09-15-2006, 12:05 PM
trekbiz's opinion on louisville is equal to majpain's opinion on brady quinn.

:lol:

That may very well be but that is also yet to be determined.
We shall see.

LouPhinFan
09-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Well it finally D-day! Here's to a fun, clean, and injury-free game on both sides of the field! Good luck 'Canes, and of course...

GO CARDS!!

Buddwalk
09-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Depends...if we can shut down brian brohm were going to win 24-17 but if we let him throw the ball everywhere then were losing 38-24

Dolphin1184
09-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Good Brad Nessler is announcing.

Nappy Roots
09-16-2006, 03:33 PM
paul mgwire...

:barf:

305TillIDie
09-16-2006, 03:36 PM
We stomped on their logo!

Lets go canessss baby!

Dolphin1184
09-16-2006, 03:54 PM
Tyrone Moss is BACK! TD MIAMI

Mindwarp
09-16-2006, 04:04 PM
got to love the TO at the 3

mor911
09-16-2006, 04:13 PM
for those who don't know :chuckle:

http://www.canesheaven.com/forums/hurricane-football/601-miami-vs-loiusville-game-time-official-game-thread.html

MikeO
09-16-2006, 04:46 PM
stiff arm baby!!
L'vill on top!

Fresh
09-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Halftime adjustments:

1. Scare Larry Coker into a heart attack.
2. Find Maurice Clarett & bring him in to assassinate the O-Cord.
3. Poor gasoline on every member of the OL & throw a match in.
4. Bring down Peattie's self-esteem & force him into suicide.

:cooldude:

Alex44
09-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Halftime adjustments:

1. Scare Larry Coker into a heart attack.
2. Find Maurice Clarett & bring him in to assassinate the O-Cord.
3. Poor gasoline on every member of the OL & throw a match in.
4. Bring down Peattie's self-esteem & force him into suicide.

:cooldude:

Psssh adjustments and coker dont belong in the same post

LouPhinFan
09-16-2006, 04:58 PM
I don't understand how that last pass by Wright before halftime was not intentional grounding. He was still in the pocket, or at least what resembled a pocket and he threw the ball out of bounds with no receivers within 20 yards of the ball.

So far its been a sloppy game for both teams. Louisville's defense is aggressive and they have the "bend but don't break" mentality ala the Indianapolis Colts defense. I think we're going to see some second half fireworks!!

MikeO
09-16-2006, 05:03 PM
L'ville has a ruthless type of attitude, if they smell blood in the 2nd half they will just pour it on and this game could be over quick.

Miami better be ready those first 5 min of the 2nd half or else this could get ugly real fast.

Fresh
09-16-2006, 05:05 PM
L'ville has a ruthless type of attitude, if they smell blood in the 2nd half they will just pour it on and this game could be over quick.

Miami better be ready those first 5 min of the 2nd half or else this could get ugly real fast.
Hmmm.. the game in 2004 told a completely different story. I think you're giving L'ville too much credit after being completely outplayed in the second half. Miami left two missed field goals out there, and a fumble inside the 15.

I don't really care right now, though. Part of me wants to win out from here on, and the other part wants to lose as many games as possible to see some coaching changes.

MikeO
09-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Hmmm.. the game in 2004 told a completely different story. :confused:

I don't really care right now, though. Part of me wants to win out from here on, and the other part wants to lose as many games as possible to see some coaching changes.

This is 2006!!!

And in college football you NEVER want to root for your team to lose to see coaching changes. Cause once you start losing in bunches, you lose in the recruiting wars and eventually your program starts to free-fall

Fresh
09-16-2006, 05:18 PM
This is 2006!!!

And in college football you NEVER want to root for your team to lose to see coaching changes. Cause once you start losing in bunches, you lose in the recruiting wars and eventually your program starts to free-fall
I never said I was "rooting against" my team.

I said I wouldn't mind a downfall & Coker being fired.

I mean, once it becomes a long shot for the national title, then I don't care about anything else but improving in the FUTURE.. this team, as far as coaching is concerned, is one of the worse I've ever seen from a talent standpoint. We've got top 1-5 talent. I actually think the offensive playcalling is even worse than Coker's coaching ability.

The direction of this team is going absolutely nowhere.

MikeO
09-16-2006, 05:21 PM
the direction is going somewhere........downward.

Have fun in the ACC!

Fresh
09-16-2006, 05:22 PM
the direction is going somewhere........downward.

Have fun in the ACC!
Yeah, I pretty much said that..

I don't really care. I could've told you a month ago that this team = going nowhere with this piece of **** coach. We need a Nick Saban to cure our Dave Wannstedt [Coker].

Alex44
09-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Louisville isnt a good team. We are just a worse one

I hope they get into the top 10 and absolutly crushed by an actual team with a coach

Fresh
09-16-2006, 05:26 PM

I hope they get into the top 10 and absolutly crushed by an actual team with a coach

Yeah, like I hope these people in here aren't actual Louisville fans.

I mean, where are they going? They don't stand a chance against the top teams. :lol:

Wombat
09-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Telling you guys. Randy Shannon.......

MikeO

L'ville isn't good???????? Do you actually watch college football?

This is a legit Top 10 team that if they beat WV will be in the national championship game

Alex44

I mean, where are they going? They don't stand a chance against the top teams. :lol:

Actually Im not even willing to say they have better players

They just have a coach that doesnt belong blowing animal balloons at a childrens party for a job

Wombat

I disagree with that.

Louisville can hang with any team in the country.

MikeO
09-16-2006, 05:28 PM
And the L'ville QB is going to be a Top 3 pick in the NFL draft and will be in NY for the Heisman as he has a shot at that

Alex44
09-16-2006, 05:28 PM

This is a legit Top 10 team that if they beat WV will be in the national championship game

They play in the Big East give me a break, anyone can run up the scores on those teams

Alex44
09-16-2006, 05:29 PM
I disagree with that.

Louisville can hang with any team in the country.

This is somewhat a down year in terms of powerhouse teams

But I could see Ohio State beating them in the 34 - 17 range

MikeO
09-16-2006, 05:29 PM

They play in the Big East give me a break, anyone can run up the scores on those teams

Like Miami did for years :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Lets take away their records and winning % then from when they were there! :shakeno:

And you can make a case the Big East is better than the ACC

Fresh
09-16-2006, 05:30 PM

Probably the funniest thing I've read on this forum in years.

I am leaving this thread & not coming back after that one. :roflmao: :lol: :roflmao:

Wombat
09-16-2006, 05:31 PM

The Big east has done well today.

Rutgers is 3-0

Pittsburgh was up 10-0 on MSU until they went down.

West Virginia killed Maryland that came from the ACC one of the nation's "Best" conferences.

Cincinatti gave OSU a scare in the 1st Quarter and was leading.

Alex44
09-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Like Miami did for years :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Lets take away their records and winning % then from when they were there! :shakeno:

And you can make a case the Big East is better than the ACC

And you would be wrong, just like you have been about every sports related thing you have ever posted on these forums, give me a break

Your as big a joke as the Big East

MikeO
09-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Probably the funniest thing I've read on this forum in years.

I am leaving this thread & not coming back after that one. :roflmao: :lol: :roflmao:

Your leaving cause your a Canes fan who can't take the losing.

Knock L'ville all ya want. You have no clue about college football if you don't think they are Top 10. Seriously, watch some games. Read a newspaper

Alex44
The Big east has done well today.

Rutgers is 3-0

Pittsburgh was up 10-0 on MSU until they went down.

West Virginia killed Maryland that came from the ACC one of the nation's "Best" conferences.

Cincinatti gave OSU a scare in the 1st Quarter and was leading.

:rolleyes: WV is obviously better than Maryland I cant even believe you said that, being a better conference doesnt mean EVERY team is better

Wombat
This is somewhat a down year in terms of powerhouse teams

But I could see Ohio State beating them in the 34 - 17 range

I guess you never saw when Louisville beat a highly ranked Florida st. team a few years ago.

Alex44
09-16-2006, 05:34 PM
I guess you never saw when Louisville beat a highly ranked Florida st. team a few years ago.

Key words being a few years ago when they were still sneaking up on teams

Fresh
09-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Your leaving cause your a Canes fan who can't take the losing.

Knock L'ville all ya want. You have no clue about college football if you don't think they are Top 10. Seriously, watch some games. Read a newspaper
No, I'm leaving because I can't believe Finheaven made you a columnist. :lol:

I'm not a sore loser - I took the FSU loss like a man, because I respect FSU as a top school.

DonShula84
09-16-2006, 05:35 PM

wow:shakeno:

Alex44
09-16-2006, 05:35 PM

\

Alex44
09-16-2006, 05:38 PM
This is the team Miami can be when the line blocks and Coker isnt doing something crazy....

EDIT: and thats the team we are when we dont block

MikeO
09-16-2006, 05:38 PM
I won't respond to the personal attack.

But L'ville beating Miami and WV beating Maryland this week alone is a sign of how weak the ACC is.

Didn't Troy almost beat FSU last week in FSU?! I believe they did.

How can you make a case the ACC is good!!???? Seriously, the Big East after today will have two teams ranked in the Top 10, one in the Top 5. The ACC might have FSU at #9 or 10 if that.

King Felix
09-16-2006, 05:39 PM
l'ville underated as ****

Fresh
09-16-2006, 05:39 PM

Personal attack? Funny.. you call me a sore loser in your opinion, so I give mine. I have a right to speak my mind without insulting, which I didn't do. If you take that as a personal attack, then that's pretty sad on your part, IMO.

Click the report button if you want. I don't care - it's the internet. :confused:

Alex44
09-16-2006, 05:40 PM

But L'ville beating Miami and WV beating Maryland this week alone is a sign of how weak the ACC is.

Didn't Troy almost beat FSU last week in FSU?! I believe they did.

How can you make a case the ACC is good!!???? Seriously, the Big East after today will have two teams ranked in the Top 10, one in the Top 5. The ACC might have FSU at #9 or 10 if that.

Im not the first or last person here to ever say something like that about you

Once again your being Ignorant.

Thats like saying if USC beat Vanderbuilt that the Pac 10 is amazing, a great conference is about more than the top two. Of course you would know nothing about that

MikeO

Louisville and WV would be the best team in the ACC this year and it wouldn't even be close.

Not 1 team in the ACC can touch either of them

Alex44
Personal attack? Funny.. you call me a sore loser in your opinion, so I give mine. I have a right to speak my mind without insulting, which I didn't do. If you take that as a personal attack, then that's pretty sad.

Click the report button. I don't care - it's the internet. :confused:

Think he was talking about what I said :lol:

MikeO
09-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Im not the first or last person here to ever say something like that about you

Once again your being Ignorant.

Thats like saying if USC beat Vanderbuilt that the Pac 10 is amazing, a great conference is about more than the top two. Of course you would know nothing about that

NO, we disagree and are having a conversation..........you resort to personal attacks because you can't challenge my opinion. Whatever.

And the USC-Vandy comparison is not what is being discussed here.

MikeO
09-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Now your losing to L'ville's back-up QB who is a WALK ON!!!

Yeah, L'ville stinks. Now a walk-on will run it up on ya! LOL

Dolphin1184
09-16-2006, 05:42 PM
A word to describe Kyle right as a leader: Lethargic.

Wombat
09-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Key words being a few years ago when they were still sneaking up on teams

Yet, they are tied with Texas & Miami for the 7th longest bowl streak in the nation with 8 straight bowl seasons.

MikeO
09-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Pitt beat UVA
Rutgers beat UNC
WV beat Maryland
L'ville up on Miami

(take away the bottom feeders of Wake and Uconn and Syracuse games) and a real ACC school hasn't beaten anyone in the Big East yet this year.

Fresh
09-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Now your losing to L'ville's back-up QB who is a WALK ON!!!

Yeah, L'ville stinks. Now a walk-on will run it up on ya! LOL
It was a rushing TD.. wtf?

Alex44
09-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Yet, they are tied with Texas & Miami for the 7th longest bowl streak in the nation with 8 straight bowl seasons.

Difference is our bowl games were usually of the BCS variety

MikeO
09-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Difference is our bowl games were usually of the BCS variety

You have been to the peach bowl the last 2 years. What are you talking about?

and lost 40-3 to boot last year

Motion
09-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Louisville and WV would be the best team in the ACC this year and it wouldn't even be close.

Not 1 team in the ACC can touch either of them

Wombat
09-16-2006, 05:49 PM

I'm a UM fan but I have to agree with this post.

Alex44
09-16-2006, 05:50 PM

Last I checked we werent talking about last year

Why dont you put your money (figuratively) where your mouth is

You think UL is hot ****? If LV or WV go undefeated I will leave FH forever, but If neither does you have to do the same (this includes bowl games)

Unless your to *****

MikeO
09-16-2006, 05:52 PM

You think UL is hot ****? If LV or WV go undefeated I will leave FH forever, but If neither does you have to do the same (this includes bowl games)

Unless your to *****

Im a staff member, Im not quitting my job over a bet.

I will put $$$$$$$$ (as you first said then ignored when it came to the bet) where my mouth is. Let's each PAY PAL $100 (or more if ya want) to AJ or Muck. They will HOLD the $$$$$$$ then pay it out to the winner at seasons end.

How much ya wanna bet??$100.....$200........ I will go more. Name your price. You call it

King Felix
why would some1 who pays money to the site and is a writer leave??? thats a stupid a bet and no1 in the right mind would accept it

MikeO
I'm a UM fan but I have to agree with this post.

Of course you do because you put your bias aside and can see things rationally

MikeO
09-16-2006, 05:53 PM
why would some1 who pays money to the site and is a writer leave??? thats a stupid a bet and no1 in the right mind would accept it

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: THANK YOU!!!!:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Alex44
09-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Im a staff member, Im not quitting my job over a bet.

I will put $$$$$$$$ (as you first said then ignored when it came to the bet) where my mouth is. Let's each PAY PAL $100 (or more if ya want) to AJ or Muck. They will HOLD the $$$$$$$ then pay it out to the winner at seasons end.

How much ya wanna bet??$100.....$200........ I will go more. Name your price. You call it

Im poor man I dont have money, we dont have ****in $10 to spare so dont give me **** about money I just had no other way to word it

Newsflash: 80% of posters here think your an idiot

Fresh
09-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Why not put your staff membership on the line?

It's a damn message board - not an actual job. I think that's a fair bet.

MikeO
09-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Why not put your staff membership on the line?

It's a damn message board - not an actual job. I think that's a fair bet.

Ummmmmm, no! :lol:

These guys are my buddies that I know and like, Im not leaving them over a bet.

King Felix
09-16-2006, 05:58 PM
:lol: at the bets

phinphan896
09-16-2006, 05:59 PM
fire coker

MikeO
09-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Im poor man I dont have money, we dont have ****in $10 to spare so dont give me **** about money I just had no other way to word it

Newsflash: 80% of posters here think your an idiot

You can't debate the merits of the argument so you resort to personal attacks every time! :lol:

MikeO
09-16-2006, 06:00 PM
:lol: at the bets

some bet. I put up everything, they can lose nothing. What do they think Im gonna say!!!

Let's bet $$$$$$$$$ then talk. Otherwise don't waste my time.

phinphan896
09-16-2006, 06:02 PM
i hate coker

Fresh
09-16-2006, 06:02 PM
some bet. I put up everything, they can lose nothing. What do they think Im gonna say!!!

Let's bet $$$$$$$$$ then talk. Otherwise don't waste my time.

Who = they?

PhinsTD
09-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Down 17?

No problem, I'll break out that jumbo set and show them how the U became great!

MikeO
09-16-2006, 06:07 PM
seriously for a second now.
If you REALLY have Top 10 talent, then no way should a back-up, walk-on QB be doing this against you

MikeO
09-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Time to RUN IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dolphin1184
09-16-2006, 06:08 PM
What a joke. What a ****ing joke.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-16-2006, 06:10 PM
:sidelol:

Kdawg954
seriously for a second now.
If you REALLY have Top 10 talent, then no way should a back-up, walk-on QB be doing this against you

Why not? its the same schemes on offense and the D is lost just like they were against LSU . . . these guys have talent also . . . all the love Shannon gets . . .I have always thought he is really overrated by alot of people . . . trust me, they need a dictator in here to bring in a staff and gets these guys on the right page.

phinphan896
i hope they continue to rack up points so that coker gets fired and we can bring back butch

MikeO
and for those questioning my knowledge......4-0 in my GAMBLING CORNER column this week. I had WV, L'ville, Mich, Rutgers!

LOL!...9-3 on the year with the college picks!!!

Motion
09-16-2006, 06:11 PM
I definitely thought Louisville would win but I thought the Canes would at least keep it close.

MikeO
09-16-2006, 06:15 PM
BIG SACK!!!!!!!!

Nice to see that Top 10 talent at work........LOL

BLITZKRIEG
09-16-2006, 06:18 PM
L. CHOKER should get the boot!!!....

This UM team is pathetic. GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

phinphan896
09-16-2006, 06:20 PM
we want butch

cnc66
09-16-2006, 06:26 PM

can you imagine them with Bush??? what a crying shame he went down.

MikeO
09-16-2006, 06:29 PM
can you imagine them with Bush??? what a crying shame he went down.

It's unreal.

Now their QB is out for 5 weeks. Bad luck. But they are loaded with talent and they will survive!

phinphan896
09-16-2006, 06:36 PM
too bad we didnt lose by more. i want coker gone by the end of next week

FaninPatsyLand
09-16-2006, 06:39 PM
As a Big East basketball fan, I'll take the Miami for Louisville swap anyday of the week..

...but to see the Cardinals laying it on Miami as far as football goes is just gravy.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
31-17 louisville.
i gave miami too much credit. :chuckle:

DonShula84

Unless your to *****

Dumb bet, whoever wins the LV vs WV game has a great chance of going undefeated

Kdawg954
09-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Louiville really impressed me today . . . shame about Brohm man . . . really wanna see them at full strength (tho Bush is out) against West Va, that game is gonna be a war.

Is it in Morgantown or in Kentucky?

Motion
09-16-2006, 06:55 PM
i gave miami too much credit. :chuckle:

LouPhinFan
09-16-2006, 06:57 PM
What a great game! U of L gets the win, but at a high cost (Brohm). Here are a few observations:

1) Yes, Louisville is that good.

2) I can see why all the U fans want Coker's head on a platter. They still have plenty of talent, but that offense is very stale. It's almost like the OC says "We'll run a simple offense and let our superior athletes win games for us", except their athletic superiority is not what it used to be. They made no adjustments at half time to help themselves out. They kept trying to run the ball into U of L's blitz. In the second half they barely took any shots down field, granted Wright had about 2 seconds to throw the ball. Coker got out coached today...

3) U of L's WR Mario Urrutia is a sophomore. He's a first round draft pick waiting to happen. 6'6" 225 lbs, 4.4 speed. He's a beast!

4) U of L's RB George Stripling is fast...

5) If Miami would have swung a RB out into the flat for some swing passes, this would have been a different ball game. Negates the pass rush and there probably wouldn't have been anyone to cover it since 2 out of 3 U of L LB's were siting on Kyle Wright's head...

6) U of L celebrates tonight, but its a tough road ahead without Brohm. U of L will still make it to the WVU game undefeated, but I'm not sure what will happen after that.

Great game between 2 great programs. Good luck to the Miami Hurricanes for the rest of the season, and of course...

GO CARDS!

Skeet84
09-16-2006, 06:58 PM
I definitely thought Louisville would win but I thought the Canes would at least keep it close.

Yeah I thought it would be pretty close. I guess what Nate Harris said before the game is kinda true

LouPhinFan
09-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Louiville really impressed me today . . . shame about Brohm man . . . really wanna see them at full strength (tho Bush is out) against West Va, that game is gonna be a war.

Is it in Morgantown or in Kentucky?

Its in Louisville. That's why even without Brohm, Louisville still has a chance.

phinphan896
09-16-2006, 07:00 PM
this loss was pathetic

LouPhinFan
09-16-2006, 07:10 PM
this loss was pathetic

One more side note...

UM stomped on the Cardinal logo at midfield.:shakeno:

Since Papa John's Cardinal Stadium was opened, 5 teams have done that. Their record: 0 - 5, and I'm talking BLOW OUTS. I was at the East Carolina game when they danced on the Cardinal. That was a few years ago, when ECU wasn't that bad of a team. The game was over by halftime and they pulled their starting QB, because he had possible internal injuries. He spent the next week in the whirlpool be tended to by trainers. U of L D-lineman planted him in the grass so many times, he started to look like a daisy!

Brown42000
09-16-2006, 07:14 PM
What happened to Miami, they used to have so much talent that they could beat some NFL teams now they can't beat FSU or Louisville.Time to give Coker the boot. Although Louisville is a very good team.

Motion
09-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Canes got exactly what they deserved. WTF have they done to think they can stomp on a top 10 teams' logo like that. Pathetic, glad they got blown out.

Kdawg954
09-16-2006, 07:22 PM
2) I can see why all the U fans want Coker's head on a platter. They still have plenty of talent, but that offense is very stale. It's almost like the OC says "We'll run a simple offense and let our superior athletes win games for us", except their athletic superiority is not what it used to be. They made no adjustments at half time to help themselves out. They kept trying to run the ball into U of L's blitz. In the second half they barely took any shots down field, granted Wright had about 2 seconds to throw the ball. Coker got out coached today...

Thats bad when a fan of the opposition realizes the team got outcoached. But it was on defense as well . . . and its just like u said . . . yea Miami has some of the best athletes in the country on both sides of the ball, but when u don't coach these talents properly . . .yea they can get by FAMU and Duke, but they will constantly struggle against above average to superior teams. I mean to not make any adjustments to what Louisville was doing, on either side of the ball is unacceptable . . . taking nothing away from the Cards, they did their damn thing. And it was the same story against LSU, FSU the last 2 years, Georgia Tech . . . I mean enuff is enuff, u need a coaching staff who can make players better, not settle for what they can already do.

Roman529
09-16-2006, 07:29 PM
I picked Louisville to win this....too much offense.

ZolarZ_GoPhins
09-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Good game by a Top BigEast team.
It seemed UL got off a little flat maybe too pumped up for the game but as time rolled on the better team definatly stood out.

The thing that really pisses me off is that Brohm got knocked out. I was bothered by the loss of Bush and now they lose their starting QB. The back-up RBS have done well in replace of Bush but losing Brohm is a different story. You could see this last year in the UL bowl game, that would have been much different with Brohm in the game. I doubt anyone could disagree on that.

So that leaves WVU with their toughest opponent down 2 top players in the NCAA. Well the schedule is set and you have to play it. WVU is playing a very high caliber of football and I am hoping for that undefeated season. Whatever happens after that is up to the pollsters. UL is a very good team and the BigEast has shown that they aren't the bottom feeder conference everyone makes them out to be.

I hate Pitt so no problem seeing them lose but they did put up a good game for a while. Uconn and Cinn lost as well, but did anyone expect for Cinn to put up any of a game against Ohio St. 5-3 I'll take that this weekend WVU, UL, and Rutgers should all be top 25 schools this week or soon, With WVU and UL in the top 10.

Hate all ya want, these schools are coming to play and are showing that they are deserving of the BCS bowl bid. If you think the BigEast schools are overrated then you should start a petition at your school of choice to play a top BigEast team. We could sure use the help in getting top schools to play us.

I believe we have shown we deserve to be in the hunt for the BCS bowl games. If you think we should play for a NC then that is up to the BCS and the pollsters and I can live with that.

Motion
09-16-2006, 07:30 PM

datruth
09-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Guys,

What is happening to UM Football happened before.

Larry Coker is the 2nd Coming of Denis Erickson.

You remember Coach Erickson. Came in after JJ left for the NFL and Erickson won a Championship with JJ players.
Then the next year failed to win and so forth with
Frank Costa etc….

You see the very same thing happened with coker.
Took over for a Davis former JJ assistant and won
a championship the missed the next year etc…

You see the pattern people. JJ and Davis share the same work ethic. While Ericson and Coker do not know that the secret to UM success was in the practice habits.

Full game speed, full contact during practices. Survival of the fittest when it came to who started on saturday. No position was guaranteed for any player.

Look at former JJ assistants like Tommy in Aurburn who was the linebacker coach.

Look at former JJ assistant Ed Orgeron who went from
UM to be the D line coach at Southern California and won a championships now the head coach of Ole Miss.

Do you see former employees know the secret to success lies in the practice habits that were started by Schnellenberger and perfected by JJ.

Look at all the NFL talking about how UM practices where tougher than most NFL teams.

Bring back the majic…. JJ or Davis…. teach these boys to practice so hard that saturday felt like a day off.

Well it’s sad but as I watch the Game today against LOU I find myself cheering for LOU. That way all the press down here at the Herald can now safely say good by to nice “players coach” coker, wansttade, erickson etc….

Your players have to fear their coach… Jimmy Johnson, Butch Davis etc….

I never seen middle linebackers for UM so slow at play recognition…. do you even watch any film???? before playing a game???

I’ve been calling for coker to be fired ever since I recognized what kind of coach he was. To me it was Erickson again…

PAUL DEE wake up!!! you were there when Erickson came in and killed the program…

Why do make the same mistake all over again???

You nice is not the word you want in a coach…

SABAN, JJ, DAVIS… nice is a word you will never hear from their players…. but they sure as hell fear them…

And Fear is a great motivator….

Firing the assistants who never forgot how to coach was not the answer… It was coker and his friend last year who was the offensive coordinator who should have been fired.

I hope now we can move on. I am glad UM lost so we can begin the healing of PAUL DEE stupidity….

Just a suggestion now. Put a former JJ player in charge for the rest of the season like Randy Shannon. Just ask him what it was like to fear JJ as a player. And what it was like to have full speed full contact practices under JJ.

Bring the pain back in practice, cane on cane…. The boys right now are afraid and soft of getting hit or hitting…. That’s because of how they practice.

I’ve been saying this for over two years…. Come Lebatard grow some balls.. write an article it’s okay UM Lost the game…

WANTED
HEAD FOOTBALL COACH FOR:
University of Miami

Please send resume to PAUL DEE.

We prefer anybody whoever worked as an assistant to Jimmy Johnson. like Butch Davis, Tommy Tubberville, Ed Orgeron.

Please bring back the mental toughness and physical toughness that UM Football was all about.

All other coaches need not apply.

LouPhinFan
09-16-2006, 07:48 PM
UL is a very good team and the BigEast has shown that they aren't the bottom feeder conference everyone makes them out to be.

I hate Pitt so no problem seeing them lose but they did put up a good game for a while. Uconn and Cinn lost as well, but did anyone expect for Cinn to put up any of a game against Ohio St. 5-3 I'll take that this weekend WVU, UL, and Rutgers should all be top 25 schools this week or soon, With WVU and UL in the top 10.

Hate all ya want, these schools are coming to play and are showing that they are deserving of the BCS bowl bid. If you think the BigEast schools are overrated then you should start a petition at your school of choice to play a top BigEast team. We could sure use the help in getting top schools to play us.

I believe we have shown we deserve to be in the hunt for the BCS bowl games. If you think we should play for a NC then that is up to the BCS and the pollsters and I can live with that.

Yeah I think the term "Big Least" should be laid to rest when talking about the Big East Conference. Anytime a conference gets gutted like the Big East did when the ACC took most of the top teams, you've got to allow some time for the conference to recover. I think the Big East has some of the best coaching in the country. U of L, WVU, Rutgers, they have very solid coaches. Who know's what's going to happen with Wanny at Pitt. They really should have come out and won that game today. UConn is getting better every season, but Syracuse and Cincy still suck...

kpcane
09-16-2006, 08:06 PM

wow, so did vegas....you want a trophy?

NJFINSFAN1
09-16-2006, 08:21 PM
The Canes didn't want to play in the best football conference in college.

This is what happens!!!

BIG EAST FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silverloop13
09-16-2006, 08:32 PM
I just got back from the game. The best part of the game is when all the Louisville fans turned to the Miami bench and started doing the FSU chop/chant.

Brohm should be back for WV. Even if hes not I have all the faith in the backup Hunter Cantwell. In fact I think hes just as good as Brohm in this system and the game is a home game for us anyway.

They shouldnt have stomped on our logo. One its trashy for anyone (especially an elite program like Miami) and two everyone thats done that so far has got their *** handed to them.

Also the official name of our stadium is Papa Johns but we all call it the Oven.

Also screw Lee Corso. He had the gall to call U of L a bunch of Miami rejects.....what a tool.

On a side note its neat that both of these teams were put on the road to success by Howard Schnellenberger.

Muck
09-16-2006, 08:33 PM

I'm not a sore loser - I took the FSU loss like a man, because I respect FSU as a top school.

Uncalled for.

Mike's right a lot more than than he's wrong. And he actually does put his money where his mouth is. The Gambling Corner proves that every week. And the last Phintank column was on as well.

And you know what?? He's right again here.

Muck
09-16-2006, 08:54 PM
And you would be wrong, just like you have been about every sports related thing you have ever posted on these forums, give me a break

Your as big a joke as the Big East

I don't need to defend Mike, but I will.

Not because he's a staff member, but because you're out of line. Mike's right a lot more than he's wrong.

In this case, he's right. And you're way off. Louisville and WVU can beat anybody in the ACC. Heck, they just mopped the floor with Miami.....without their stud RB and their future NFL star QB. And they very well should have beaten us the last time we played them. VT and GT are the only ACC schools showing they're worth a damn thus far. And VT hasn't played anybody yet.

Louisville has been as good or better than us for the good part of three seasons now. They're going up, we're going down. And it'll stay that way as long as Coker is in charge.

You talk about putting your money where your mouth is, Mike does that every single week. Check the Gambling Corner column. He does very well picking against the spread every week.

Mike has contributed more to this site over the years than you'll ever know.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-16-2006, 10:00 PM
unfortunately he packages that with an extreme jackass persona on the forum.

HysterikiLL
09-16-2006, 10:21 PM

:whistle:

MikeO
09-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Uncalled for.

Mike's right a lot more than than he's wrong. And he actually does put his money where his mouth is. The Gambling Corner proves that every week. And the last Phintank column was on as well.

And you know what?? He's right again here.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeO
09-17-2006, 12:43 AM
I don't need to defend Mike, but I will.

Not because he's a staff member, but because you're out of line. Mike's right a lot more than he's wrong.

In this case, he's right. And you're way off. Louisville and WVU can beat anybody in the ACC. Heck, they just mopped the floor with Miami.....without their stud RB and their future NFL star QB. And they very well should have beaten us the last time we played them. VT and GT are the only ACC schools showing they're worth a damn thus far. And VT hasn't played anybody yet.

Louisville has been as good or better than us for the good part of three seasons now. They're going up, we're going down. And it'll stay that way as long as Coker is in charge.

You talk about putting your money where your mouth is, Mike does that every single week. Check the Gambling Corner column. He does very well picking against the spread every week.

That's what I'm talking about!! :lol:

By the way........4-0 this week in the college picks. There are guys on TV that make you pay over $100 a phone call and they don't even go 4-0 in a week.

I'm 9-3 on the year in the college ranks. AND YOU GET THEM FOR FREE!!!!!!! And have been for the past 3 years!!!!!!!!

And this next part isn't addressed to anyone in paticular. ........I will debate "rational" people on any argument anyday, anytime, anywhere. Because I feel and always have that reasonable people can disagree in a reasonable way. We are all adults (or should be) . But when you have NOTHING, and just resort to "namecalling".......don't you realize that it makes YOU look like a fool. And now that the co-owner of the site MUCK just undressed some people here, you realize how the rest of the staff views you.

MikeO
09-17-2006, 12:47 AM
unfortunately he packages that with an extreme jackass persona on the forum.

pefect example of what i mean. You can't debate me on the merits of the topic at hand, so like a 3rd grader you just resort to namecalling.

Present you side of a debate, back it up with numbers, facts, or whatever. We may still disagree, but at least we can have a rational and level headed discussion. But SOME here can't even do that and just want to take the cheap easy way out and start calling names.

Hey, whatever. That reflects more about YOU than it does ME. And if you don't believe so, just look at what the co-owner of the site is putting up.

zachequalsgod
09-17-2006, 12:50 AM
\
Let's here some predictions.
I'm saying Louisville 14 Miami 10

This game got a lot closer w/ the loss of Bush. Defense wins this one.

Just got home from the game and did some running around as well...

Okay, so I was mostly wrong. Miami never made it to 10 and it wasn't a defensive game. Now since that is out of the way...

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: @ Sore losing Cane fans (not all Cane fans).

Louisville proved tonight that people need to quit overlooking them (yeah you Lee Corso) and give them some respect. I would love to say that the Cards embarrassed the Canes today, but the Canes helped themselves out by stomping on our logo. The Pizza Box was as loud as I've ever heard it today, just amazing. In all seriousness, the Canes played a good first quarter :sidelol:

Louisville can play with ANYBODY in the nation, take that to the bank Card haters.

GO CARDS!
GO FINS!

305TillIDie
09-17-2006, 01:00 AM
Just got home from the game and did some running around as well...

Okay, so I was mostly wrong. Miami never made it to 10 and it wasn't a defensive game. Now since that is out of the way...

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: @ Sore losing Cane fans (not all Cane fans).

Louisville proved tonight that people need to quit overlooking them (yeah you Lee Corso) and give them some respect. I would love to say that the Cards embarrassed the Canes today, but the Canes helped themselves out by stomping on our logo. The Pizza Box was as loud as I've ever heard it today, just amazing. In all seriousness, the Canes played a good first quarter :sidelol:

Louisville can play with ANYBODY in the nation, take that to the bank Card haters.

GO CARDS!
GO FINS!Louisville deserve it..they are a better team then we are..we was out played, out coached..Coker made no adjustments...no nothing ...props to L-ville and my boy Nate Harris

MikeO
09-17-2006, 01:01 AM

Now Im gonna toot my own horn here for a bit since I haven't done it in about 3 or 4 years. The whole "fansite crave you all see today (not just this one but any Fins fan-site) was been revolutionized by me. Before I came into this little crazy game, there were 2 "real" fansites. They each did their thing. I came along, raised the bar.

IGave you Sandy Williams (Ricky's mom) writing a weekly column. I Gave you Joe Schad (at the time Palm Beach Post, now ESPN reporter) breaking exclusive news on the site. I brought you Brett Tessler a sports agent who exclusively answers YOUR questions FOR FREE 24/7 year round. Pretty much every interview from the Fins beat reporter staff has been brought to you by me. The VIP area on this website........that was me!!!! You wouldn't have a VIP area here currently on this site if not for me.

The whole "WEEBIE AWARDS" the Miami Dolphins hold at their training complex. ME again. When I interviewed with the Fins a year prior to the 1st one, I told them of the iconcept and a way to reach their fans directly. In fact before I made the whole "starting a fan-site" thing cool. You could hold a WEEBIE WEEKEND in AJ's garage all he had to do was invite Curt, myself, and he and muck. Cause that was it!!! And since I gave up my site; have you seen another site (besides this one) do anything else "original" in the least bit??? NO!!!! Hell, one site copied our old layout and graphics and just put their name on it.

Go back to the Sun Sentinel archives of Aug 2003 where Alex Marvez did a piece on ME!!!!

The way you VIEW MiamiDolphins.com today was because of the way I (along with Finheaven) put out a BETTER product than they were consistently for years!!! Why do you think they offered me a job!!! HELLO!!!!!They were losing hits to US!!!! Do you remember MiamiDolphins.com 2 years ago...........it looks like a 3rd grader put it together.

So bash me all you want, but just realize NONE OF YOU would probably be here or enjoy this site as much as you do (or fan-sites) in general if NOT FOR ME!!!!

phin-fan34MDH
09-17-2006, 01:42 AM
It' in THE VILLE!!!Go Cards!!! Sorry to all the U fans out there. Beating Louisville @ Papa Johns not as easy as advertised. Can't wait for WVU to come to town. I am in the Drumline at Louisville and these boys are for real. Cantwell is the man!! This Louisville team plays 10 times harder for Hunter Cantwell. Brohm is a punk Hunter is where it's @. Ask any Cardinal fan!!

zachequalsgod
09-17-2006, 01:55 AM
It' in THE VILLE!!!Go Cards!!! Sorry to all the U fans out there. Beating Louisville @ Papa Johns not as easy as advertised. Can't wait for WVU to come to town. I am in the Drumline at Louisville and these boys are for real. Cantwell is the man!! This Louisville team plays 10 times harder for Hunter Cantwell. Brohm is a punk Hunter is where it's @. Ask any Cardinal fan!!

Bro, Brohm is far from being a punk!

HysterikiLL
09-17-2006, 02:28 AM
That's what I'm talking about!! :lol:

By the way........4-0 this week in the college picks. There are guys on TV that make you pay over $100 a phone call and they don't even go 4-0 in a week.

I'm 9-3 on the year in the college ranks. AND YOU GET THEM FOR FREE!!!!!!! And have been for the past 3 years!!!!!!!!

And this next part isn't addressed to anyone in paticular. ........I will debate "rational" people on any argument anyday, anytime, anywhere. Because I feel and always have that reasonable people can disagree in a reasonable way. We are all adults (or should be) . But when you have NOTHING, and just resort to "namecalling".......don't you realize that it makes YOU look like a fool. And now that the co-owner of the site MUCK just undressed some people here, you realize how the rest of the staff views you.

Now Im gonna toot my own horn here for a bit since I haven't done it in about 3 or 4 years. The whole "fansite crave you all see today (not just this one but any Fins fan-site) was been revolutionized by me. Before I came into this little crazy game, there were 2 "real" fansites. They each did their thing. I came along, raised the bar.

IGave you Sandy Williams (Ricky's mom) writing a weekly column. I Gave you Joe Schad (at the time Palm Beach Post, now ESPN reporter) breaking exclusive news on the site. I brought you Brett Tessler a sports agent who exclusively answers YOUR questions FOR FREE 24/7 year round. Pretty much every interview from the Fins beat reporter staff has been brought to you by me. The VIP area on this website........that was me!!!! You wouldn't have a VIP area here currently on this site if not for me.

The whole "WEEBIE AWARDS" the Miami Dolphins hold at their training complex. ME again. When I interviewed with the Fins a year prior to the 1st one, I told them of the iconcept and a way to reach their fans directly. In fact before I made the whole "starting a fan-site" thing cool. You could hold a WEEBIE WEEKEND in AJ's garage all he had to do was invite Curt, myself, and he and muck. Cause that was it!!! And since I gave up my site; have you seen another site (besides this one) do anything else "original" in the least bit??? NO!!!! Hell, one site copied our old layout and graphics and just put their name on it.

Go back to the Sun Sentinel archives of Aug 2003 where Alex Marvez did a piece on ME!!!!

The way you VIEW MiamiDolphins.com today was because of the way I (along with Finheaven) put out a BETTER product than they were consistently for years!!! Why do you think they offered me a job!!! HELLO!!!!!They were losing hits to US!!!! Do you remember MiamiDolphins.com 2 years ago...........it looks like a 3rd grader put it together.

So bash me all you want, but just realize NONE OF YOU would probably be here or enjoy this site as much as you do (or fan-sites) in general if NOT FOR ME!!!!

Bro, for some reason, in the past, I've never really liked you. I've always kind of thought you've come across as cocky, arrogant, one-eyed, and almost like you were flashing your columnist badge around to warrant your opinions. But I never really knew you, and I guess it was pretty stupid of me to make those immediate judgments based really on my own feelings rather than any sensical, concrete justification.

That was in the past.

But now I've seen what you've done for this site, as well as the fact you're willing to back your stuff up and are willing to accept other peoples opinions, as long as you can justify your half, I've realized you're not an *******, you just have attitude, and attitude is what gets the job done. Attitude is what a lot of the world lacks. Attitude is what the damn world needs more of. And for that, you've earnt my respect wholeheartedly, brother.

Take it for what it's worth, but you've got my respect now man. :rawk:

ChambersWI
09-17-2006, 10:58 AM
reading this thread, some people really don't know much about Louisville.

1.Bobby Patrino is IMO a top 5 coach in college (along with Tressell,Carroll,Tupperville, and Rodriquez). People forget, when Saban came to the Fins, LSU offered him a contract that would have made him the highest paid coach in the NCAA.

2.Louisville has had great talent the last couple of years. Remember last time they played the U, Michael Bush was 3rd string RB/QB, and Brohm was a backup to LeFors (who was one of the most accurate QBs in college football). Lional Gates and Eric Shelton were a very dominant tandem well.

3.They get really good recruiting classes. Bush started it, then they got Brohm (who IMO was the best QB in that class, even above Henne,Morelli, and Bomar), and this year they got one of the best DEs in the country (I think he's a JUCO transfer, but still).

Louisville and WV have become top programs because they have started getting in state talent, which helps because neither have to deal with a lot of competition.

Rutgers has become a decent school, USF is doing a good job finding guys in Florida despite UF, Miami, and FSU. Cincy is also taking steps (they've got Tressell's top assistant as HC, it's just a little harder to convince Ohio kids to not go to OSU or Michigan).

LouPhinFan
09-17-2006, 11:22 AM
3. and this year they got one of the best DEs in the country (I think he's a JUCO transfer, but still).

Actually that's "Peanut" Whitehead and he's true freshman starter. You know, he's the kid that got the very first sack yesterday on Wright. 5 star recruit from Alabama, 6'6" 255 lbs DE with 4.7 speed. He picked U of L over Auburn :eek: ! He's probably the highest rated defensive recruit U of L has ever had.

MikeO
09-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Louisville and WV have become top programs because they have started getting in state talent, which helps because neither have to deal with a lot of competition.

Rutgers has become a decent school, USF is doing a good job finding guys in Florida despite UF, Miami, and FSU. Cincy is also taking steps (they've got Tressell's top assistant as HC, it's just a little harder to convince Ohio kids to not go to OSU or Michigan).

Well people forget WV beat Georgia IN GEORGIA at the Sugar Bowl last year. That is no small task.

And the Big East has loaded themsleves up with a lot of good coaches. (even the worst NFL coach is very good on the college level). Petrino, Rodriguez, Robinson, Wanny (yes, even Wanny).

You start with coaching and build up. WV and L'vill it took them about 5 years or so. Look where they are now. Same for Rutgers. And Syracuse will be there soon. A solid Pitt program. The Big East while not the SEC, Big 12, or Big 10 isn't far off. And will be there in a few years.

ChambersWI
09-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Mike, you said one thing I disagree with. The Big East IMO is better than the big 12. after OU and Texas, I don't think they have any other teams worth talking about (TT maybe, but they just lost to TCU)

silverloop13
09-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Good posts here. Also remember Petrino was Al Davis' first choice for head coach and he turned them down. Poor Raiders :(

Wombat
09-17-2006, 02:05 PM
They shouldnt have stomped on our logo. One its trashy for anyone (especially an elite program like Miami) and two everyone thats done that so far has got their *** handed to them.

yep, they got what they deserved.

ZolarZ_GoPhins
09-17-2006, 08:42 PM

I am not really one to pick sides on these stupid personal attacks as the ones laid on Mike in this thread. I am not sure really why Mike has replied to these attacks but they are really unfounded. Although I don't always agree with the staff here or anyone that picks games or predicts seasons, it is just one person's opinion and shouldn't be attacked like it has been in this thread.

If you plan on picking a fight at least back it up and don't look like a punk just calling names. I like the input guys like Mike give to this board and the intellect they have in actually backing up their thoughts with fact and stats. So I guess all I am saying is it is ok to disagree but don't call people out when all you can do is call names and act like a 3rd grader. Let's see some thought out debating, if you can do that.