PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Deion Branch traded

Brown42000
09-11-2006, 01:08 PM
to seattle for a first round pick.

In_Flames
09-11-2006, 01:13 PM
:link: please....:wink:

EDIT: nevermind just saw it on ESPN as well...

#1 Fan
09-11-2006, 01:14 PM
wow, seattle must be real stupid or desperate

RedRoth
09-11-2006, 01:14 PM
I just saw it on ESPN too

#1 Fan
09-11-2006, 01:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2583149

that's a lot of money for someone with 14 career TD's

Dolphan23
09-11-2006, 01:17 PM
here's another one.....

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Brown42000
09-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Now NE doesn't have a number one receiver which is great for the Fins and especially our secondary.

Blade
09-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Cool, i might have to pick him up in my football leagues now since no one drafted him.

feelthepain
09-11-2006, 01:19 PM
I can verify it's on NFL live right now. The guys are talking about who won and who lost on this deal and right now they give the edge to Seattle becuse they think worst case, Seattle finishes in the conference championship game, basically a second round pick for Branch. They think Branch is a big loss for the Pats. I just have to wonder how much talent will the Pats have to lose before the can't recover?? They are losing talent hand over fist. They can't possibly be the team to beat in the dsivision this year.

ch19079
09-11-2006, 01:25 PM
you got to be ****ing kidding me. :tantrum:

****ing BRANCH. Branch was traded for a 1st rounder.... WTF. :mad:

Branch. D. Branch. Branch. This is Branch we are talking about here. Branch. not a game changing player... Branch. D Branch. a player who was holding out and seemed like he would be out the entire season... Branch.

now the Pats have 2 1st rounders. You got to be ****ing kidding me. :fire:

Motion
09-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Wow, hard to say who got the better end of that deal. Seattle definitely overpaid, but NE is extremely weak at WR now for the rest of the season. It really showed in their game against Buffalo. Interesting, always hate to see them with two first rounders at draft time though.

305TillIDie
09-11-2006, 01:26 PM
you got to be ****ing kidding me. :tantrum:

****ing BRANCH. Branch was traded for a 1st rounder.... WTF. :mad:

Branch. D. Branch. Branch. This is Branch we are talking about here. Branch. not a game changing player... Branch. D Branch. a player who was holding out and seemed like he would be out the entire season... Branch.

now the Pats have 2 1st rounders. You got to be ****ing kidding me. :fire:wow..2 first rounders?..and T.O. gets traded for a 1 2nd rounder?

Banch isnt even half as good as T.O...Seattle just got owned pretty much

ch19079
09-11-2006, 01:27 PM
i dont see this as a big lose for the Pats. he was holding out and basically wasnt on the team. IMO they dropped a player they didnt even have and got a second 1st round pick.

2 1st round picks gives a team a ton of options in the draft. and they can even trade that pick for another WR from another team.

Brown42000
09-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Let them have the draft picks I want to win the divison this year and Saban is so good at drafting both teams will be good for many years to come.

Brown42000
09-11-2006, 01:29 PM
They gave up one first rounder.

305TillIDie
09-11-2006, 01:30 PM
1 first rounder is still too much for this guy..Seattle is stupid

HybridPHIN 23
09-11-2006, 01:34 PM
i could strangle seattle for giving the pats a gift like that....... you've got to be kidding me.

NickJr.
09-11-2006, 01:35 PM
1 first rounder is still too much for this guy..Seattle is stupid

The odd part is that they just gave a huge contract to Burleson from Minn. Now it looks like he's headed to the bench with Branch and Jackson starting and Engram entrenched in the slot.

ch19079
09-11-2006, 01:39 PM
The odd part is that they just gave a huge contract to Burleson from Minn. Now it looks like he's headed to the bench with Branch and Jackson starting and Engram entrenched in the slot.

i dont think "huge" is a large enough term to describe how much they payed Burleson.

i think "ungodly amount of cash" works better.

what is their GM thinking?

nyfinzfan
09-11-2006, 01:43 PM
ESPNews reports the New England Patriots have traded WR Deion Branch to the Seattle Seahawks in return for a first-round draft choice.

Doakle
09-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Desperate move by Seattle, who caved in to New England. This coming after the lunatics in Oakland gifted New England Doug Gabriel.

For a receiver who has been decent (and admittedly very good in the playoffs), but was set to leave next year after holding out till week 10, getting a first rounder is an absolute steal. I also have a feeling that the Seahawks could easily drop back into 8-8 territory this year so it could be a mid round pick.

I fail to see how a receiver who was only going to play 6 games this year and then leave for nothing (or at the very least force them to use a chunk of cap on a franchise designation) getting traded for a first round pick can be good news for anyone but the Patriots.

Dolfan984
09-11-2006, 01:46 PM
:lol: now I have darell jackson and dieon branch on the same fantasy team

FinNation13
09-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Good, take care..... that is one less weapon for us to worry about!!

Dirtywater
09-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Once we get Chad Jackson back along with Doug Gabriel, I think our WRs will be servicable. Certainly not the best lot of the NFL, but enough with the combination of Watson & Graham.

I think that the Maroney/Dillon combo will be used even more now. Overall, I am very happy we got a 1st rounder.

Also, missing training camp could lead to an injury for Branch like a hammy. Oh well, each side got what they wanted.

I hope Jackson/Gabriel return soon.

Vertical Limit
09-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Once we get Chad Jackson back along with Doug Gabriel, I think our WRs will be servicable. Certainly not the best lot of the NFL, but enough with the combination of Watson & Graham.

I think that the Maroney/Dillon combo will be used even more now. Overall, I am very happy we got a 1st rounder.

Also, missing training camp could lead to an injury for Branch like a hammy. Oh well, each side got what they wanted.

I hope Jackson/Gabriel return soon.
I read an article that said Jackson was back in practice 3 days ago. He just wasn't used against the Bills because he's playing "catch up" after missing most of training camp and practices.

Can't wait to see what he will do for that offense. He is an amazing talent, was one of my favorite players in UF.

Smoke
09-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Horrible trade...I don't understand Seattle's logic. They just gave Burelson and Peterson extreamely huge contracts this offseason. They must be going for all or nothing this year.

Amars
09-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Well it good I guess for both team. Seattle is in a win now mode so Branch may make a difference.

Stitches
09-11-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm not surprised Branch got traded. But I am suprised it went for a 1st. I'm also surprised Seattle was ever interested in Branch in the first place(considering Burleson, Jackson, and Engram). I'm not surprised Seattle is where Branch ultimately wound up though, since Seattle and the Jets were the only teams interested, and New England wouldn't want to trade within thier division. I bet the Jets didn't want to trade using a first rounder either, since it'd probably be a top 10 pick.

elite14eva
09-11-2006, 02:30 PM
looks like a wanny-speilman move.

Behar
09-11-2006, 03:00 PM
why would the seahawks give up so much and how does new england always get these darn deals?!?!?

h*p://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ailc2wxDl4_Z7lNmb40ulMlDubYF?slug=ap-patriots-seahawks-branchtraded&prov=ap&type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ailc2wxDl4_Z7lNmb40ulMlDubYF?slug=ap-patriots-seahawks-branchtraded&prov=ap&type=lgns)

ckparrothead
09-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Mainly because Branch is worth a late first round pick.

Canadianfishfan
09-11-2006, 03:01 PM
This os one of those deals that just doesnt make sense to me. A first rounder? T.O. goes for a second? This deal is going to seriously stink up the NFL. Branch was no better thn a first. ANd I believe he will struggle in Seattle.
Holmgren really thinks he's going back to the dance. because if he doesnt.. his head will roll.

Canadianfishfan
09-11-2006, 03:03 PM
I read an article that said Jackson was back in practice 3 days ago. He just wasn't used against the Bills because he's playing "catch up" after missing most of training camp and practices.

Can't wait to see what he will do for that offense. He is an amazing talent, was one of my favorite players in UF.

maroney is a beast

datruth55
09-11-2006, 03:03 PM
why would the seahawks give up so much and how does new england always get these darn deals?!?!?

h*p://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ailc2wxDl4_Z7lNmb40ulMlDubYF?slug=ap-patriots-seahawks-branchtraded&prov=ap&type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ailc2wxDl4_Z7lNmb40ulMlDubYF?slug=ap-patriots-seahawks-branchtraded&prov=ap&type=lgns)
They get the deals cause Wannstedt and Spielman aren't running the show there.

The Confessor
09-11-2006, 03:05 PM

I would have to dis-agree with this? To warrent that he would have to be, what a top 5 WR in the league? Not even top 15 IMO....

I wouldnt have given up more than a mid to late 2nd and maybe a 5....

finmann
09-11-2006, 03:08 PM

No way CK....I wouldn't have made that trade if I was seattle for no more than a second.

SmokyFin
09-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Watch them go after Charles Rogers now......

Rich22
09-11-2006, 03:33 PM
I think you guys underestimate his value to that team. Look at what NE was willing to pay him. They had their bluff called and had no choice. They got a late 1st rd pick for their best go to O weapon. That hurts them now in a Now Football League. Who cares about next years draft right now! I give Seattle credit - you guys are blasting them but they are going for it this year - they see a window and are going for it - good for them! Branch was a SB MVP - that isn't a bad addition. Think Now!! NE just dropped a notch - how bummed is Brady feeling - can't beat that!!

PhinGeneral
09-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Deion Branch is a very good player and a prior SB MVP. This weakens NE, at least for this year and possibly longer because there's no assurances that the player chosen with that pick will be as good.

Some of you guys act as if draft picks are pure gold. It's great to have them, but they're no sure thing.

PhinGeneral
09-11-2006, 03:42 PM
No way CK....I wouldn't have made that trade if I was seattle for no more than a second.

The Jets wanted him also, and were willing to give up a 2nd. The difference is their 2nd will probably be a lot higher than Seattle's.

Coral Reefer
09-12-2006, 12:05 AM
I seriously cannot believe the crap the Patsies pull off.

A 1st round pick for Deion Branch. :shakeno:

Seattle is insane.

I've seen some on here say Branch is worth a late 1st.
IMO, you'll see Branch go the way of Denver RB's which leave Denver.
There are players that make a system and their are systems which make players.
Deion Branch is a result of a superior Patriots team and I don't believe he'll put up numbers worthy of that 1st rounder.

Mike13
09-12-2006, 12:24 AM
2 1st round picks gives a team a ton of options in the draft. and they can even trade that pick for another WR from another

Exactly, BB is luaghing his *** off now @ Seattle. Branch is a good WR but that was highway robbery. I guess Seattle loves to overpay their WRs*cough Nate Burleson cough*