PDA

View Full Version : The Raiders are just DUMB!!

DolfanISS
09-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Coming out in a nickel defense vs SD, they have adjusted and are finally stopping the run. Are they on crack. 2nd, the Chargers are giving Moss and Whitted like a 10 yard cushion yet the Raiders insist on going with 7 step drops and trying to go down the field even though they can't block. I wouls throw the quick pass to Moss until the corner moved up to press him, then I would throw the same pass to Whitted. The Chargers are good but not as good as the stpudity of the Raiders is making them look.

Nappy Roots
09-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Shawn Merriman could win the MVP if he keeps playing like this.

unifiedtheory
09-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Everyone around here worried about the Phins O-line take a GOOD look at the Raiders.

That being said, Aaron Brooks is proving once again why he is a trainwreck. The guy holds the ball FOREVER. Take your drop and get rid of the ****ing thing.

Shawn Merriman is a straight up beast. Luis Castillo looks great, damn I wish we had drafted him (I had him in my mock last year).

unifiedtheory
09-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Damn, the Chargers are really protecting Phillip Rivers.

They're playing stone ages football.

DolfanISS
09-12-2006, 12:37 AM
Yes they are. Brooks does suck and always has sucked. I'm so glad he didn't come here. I think he's about to be pulled.

Nappy Roots
09-12-2006, 12:38 AM
did you see that throw by Rivers? please to everyone that said he doesnt have enough arm.

unifiedtheory
Yes they are. Brooks does suck and always has sucked. I'm so glad he didn't come here. I think he's about to be pulled.

The way the Raiders are going they should give Andrew Walter a shot...at least he'll get rid of the football.

Majpain
Raiders and Packers are going to play for 1st overall.

unifiedtheory
09-12-2006, 12:39 AM
did you see that throw by Rivers? please to everyone that said he doesnt have enough arm.

That was a great throw....I just said they were over protecting him.

Nappy Roots
09-12-2006, 12:39 AM
The way the Raiders are going they should give Andrew Walter a shot...at least he'll get rid of the football.

he will? did you see him in college? he was like drew bledsoe all over again.

Nappy Roots
09-12-2006, 12:40 AM
That was a great throw....I just said they were over protecting him.

oh no, i wasnt aiming at you. i understood what you were saying, but i think its dumb personally thier playing like that.

unifiedtheory
09-12-2006, 12:41 AM
he will? did you see him in college? he was like drew bledsoe all over again.

Dude...are you watching Brooks?

ANYTHING would be better then him...the guy is awful. I don't care what his numbers are or ever where. He's always been good for at least 2 decisions a game that make you wonder "what the hell was he thinking".

unifiedtheory
09-12-2006, 12:42 AM
oh no, i wasnt aiming at you. i understood what you were saying, but i think its dumb personally thier playing like that.

I believe we call it "Wanny wad-ball"...:lol:

unifiedtheory
09-12-2006, 12:43 AM
Andrew Walter.....your'e up.

unifiedtheory
09-12-2006, 12:44 AM
The Raiders should have drafted Leinart...

They will regret that for the next 10 years.

unifiedtheory
09-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Wow....the Raiders are awful.

Jaws just said it, they are running routes that take an eon to develop and taking 7 step drops while their O-line can not protect anybody...

Shell might not last the year at this rate.

NYPhinFan
09-12-2006, 12:48 AM
The Off-Coord for the Raiders has been out of the league I believe for 10 years...and man is he showing it. NO adjustments at all!..NONE!

Dolphin1184
09-12-2006, 12:49 AM
Nessler/Vermeil/Jaws should be the MNF announcers for the whole season. They are great.

Nappy Roots
09-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Dude...are you watching Brooks?

ANYTHING would be better then him...the guy is awful. I don't care what his numbers are or ever where. He's always been good for at least 2 decisions a game that make you wonder "what the hell was he thinking".

oh i was watching, and Brooks was holding on to the ball to long...but can you blame him? you have 2 starting WRs who cant run good routes, a TE that can catch the ball, and a OLine that makes you think twice about looking downfield. their play calling has been horrible...theyve ran the ball 10 times...10.

thats what they get for getting a O-Cordinator who hasnt even been in the NFL the past 7 years..

Nappy Roots
09-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Nessler/Vermeil/Jaws should be the MNF announcers for the whole season. They are great.

yea, i really like Vermeil in the booth.

unifiedtheory
09-12-2006, 12:53 AM
oh i was watching, and Brooks was holding on to the ball to long...but can you blame him? you have 2 starting WRs who cant run good routes, a TE that can catch the ball, and a OLine that makes you think twice about looking downfield. their play calling has been horrible...theyve ran the ball 10 times...10.

thats what they get for getting a O-Cordinator who hasnt even been in the NFL the past 7 years..

LOL...that's the Raider way.

They are really bad though. Robert Gallery has had his *** kicked all night.

unifiedtheory
09-12-2006, 12:54 AM
And right on que he gets a holding penalty.

finfansince72
09-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Raiders and Packers are going to play for 1st overall.

throw Houston in there too.

Nappy Roots
09-12-2006, 12:55 AM
LOL...that's the Raider way.

They are really bad though. Robert Gallery has had his *** kicked all night.

ugh. if hes not a bust, i dont know what is. hes about as bad as wade smith trying to protect the QB. this is one reason im not for picking OLineman high in the 1st. OLine seems to be as much techique, smarts, and a mindset in the NFL, where as in college you can get though with talent, or just being strong and big.

unifiedtheory
09-12-2006, 01:02 AM
ugh. if hes not a bust, i dont know what is. hes about as bad as wade smith trying to protect the QB. this is one reason im not for picking OLineman high in the 1st. OLine seems to be as much techique, smarts, and a mindset in the NFL, where as in college you can get though with talent, or just being strong and big.
I totally agree.

Unless the guy is SPECIAL, like Walter Jones, Jon Ogden, Tony Boselli or Anthony Munoz I would pass on using the super premium pick on an offensive lineman.

Picking a guy in the middle of the first round I have no issue with but if your'e taking a guy top 3 you have to be damn sure he is a once in a generation type talent at that position.

wpgfishfan
09-12-2006, 01:05 AM
To everyone who says we have a soft schedule we can say that we don't play Oakland. They will not win more than 3 games all year

Nappy Roots
09-12-2006, 01:11 AM
hahaha! martys lips were easy to read. "dont let them get into the ****ing endzone"

LightsOut
09-12-2006, 01:15 AM
moss is being wasted in oakland. i hope he gets out of there.

Martel
09-12-2006, 01:17 AM
Raiders have NO BUSINESS being on MNF

Nappy Roots
09-12-2006, 01:19 AM
outside of Fabian washington and Randy Moss, why the hell are they on MNF?

Dolfan984
09-12-2006, 01:23 AM
The Raiders are a joke I love it :lol:

dominizzo
09-12-2006, 01:28 AM
WOOW!!

I really Find Rivers will have a bad season!! HE relies on Lt too much

BuffaloSoldier2
09-12-2006, 01:45 AM

That's a great post. :wink:

Everyone in Buffalo is always complaining that we don't draft linemen high in the draft. Well, last time we drafted Mike Williams and he was supposed to be our franchise tackle for 10 years. Instead, that fattie is injured and spending the year on IR for the Jags.

Personally, I'd rather get proven NFL vets and blend in some young guys (just not Bennie Anderson :wink: ).

BuffaloSoldier2
09-12-2006, 01:48 AM
I totally agree.

Unless the guy is SPECIAL, like Walter Jones, Jon Ogden, Tony Boselli or Anthony Munoz I would pass on using the super premium pick on an offensive lineman.

Picking a guy in the middle of the first round I have no issue with but if your'e taking a guy top 3 you have to be damn sure he is a once in a generation type talent at that position.

However, Gallery was supposed to that special. He was like a once in a decade type lineman. And I know Merriman is good but franchise tackles shouldn't get destroyed the way he did. Well, it couldn't happen to nicer fans. :cooldude:

Roman529
09-12-2006, 02:07 AM
The Raiders got shut out...and in Week 2 they play the Baltimore Ravens who shut out Tampa Bay...it may be a few weeks before the Raiders score their first points. :lol:

finmann
09-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Coming out in a nickel defense vs SD, they have adjusted and are finally stopping the run. Are they on crack. 2nd, the Chargers are giving Moss and Whitted like a 10 yard cushion yet the Raiders insist on going with 7 step drops and trying to go down the field even though they can't block. I wouls throw the quick pass to Moss until the corner moved up to press him, then I would throw the same pass to Whitted. The Chargers are good but not as good as the stpudity of the Raiders is making them look.

Great point....

UltraDol-Fan
09-12-2006, 09:48 AM
WOOW!!

I think they just did that for this game. I'm sure in the next couple games they will let him throw 15 to 20 passes a game and then eventually open up to anything.

Nappy Roots
09-12-2006, 11:46 AM
The Raiders got shut out...and in Week 2 they play the Baltimore Ravens who shut out Tampa Bay...it may be a few weeks before the Raiders score their first points. :lol:

and they have a bye in week 3! so it could be 3 weeks! :lol:

Amars
09-12-2006, 02:23 PM
I feel bad for Shell that he inherited a really bad team. They need to blow up that team and salary dump many contracts. They should draft a Franchise Qb and sign quality oline. Put Gallery back on the Right Tackle spot which is where he belongs. They should of drafted Lienart which would of been perfect for Gallery being at RT because he would of protected his blind spot because lienart is left handed.

dreday
09-12-2006, 02:36 PM
As if things arent bad enuff for Oaktown:Porter seen pumping fist, laughing as Brooks is sacked (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2584133)Pretty entertaining if you ask me.

CharlestonPhan
09-12-2006, 02:45 PM
i read on a FF site today that Belichick is trying to work out a deal to send Porter to NE... Shell has shown Porter aint in their future plans by deactivating him, so chances are the Pats wont be giving up that number 1 they got for Branch either to acquire him if the deal goes through.

NYinBostonFin
09-12-2006, 03:09 PM
What gets to me is they were idiots not drafting Leinhart, or Cutler. How can you depend on Aaron "the human blooper reel" Brooks with no light at the end of the tunnel for next year.

I'm not upset with Allen being drafted, but if Oakland takes a QB instead.....Huff possibly falls, or maybe another better Defensive draft pick.

Superself
09-12-2006, 03:11 PM
moss is being wasted in oakland. i hope he gets out of there.

Moss is a one trick pony whose lease on that trick is almost up. He looks average running short-Int routes...even on the deep ones, he is slowly becoming a shell of his former glory days.

In_Flames
09-12-2006, 03:18 PM
What gets to me is they were idiots not drafting Leinhart, or Cutler. How can you depend on Aaron "the human blooper reel" Brooks with no light at the end of the tunnel for next year.

at this rate they'll be right in line to pick up Quinn next season. However, we are talking about Davis and Shell here, so who really knows...:rolleyes2

PressCoverage
09-12-2006, 07:38 PM
i've read in two different places now that the Raiders lockerroom is on the verge of complete collapse... and this was before Moss started squawking... this team could go 2-14, easily, at this rate...

it's looking like Gallery was a bust of epic proportions... to think i defended the guy last year...

Vertical Limit
09-12-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm not one that would like to agree to Woody Paige, but he's right. Aaron Brooks is the worse starting QB ever and in the league right now. It doesn't get as bad as Aaron Brooks, that's for sure.

finfansince72
09-12-2006, 07:44 PM
WOOW!!

Cmon LT was rolling off like 7 yards a carry, theyd have been total idiots to start throwing the ball with a big lead and LT running all over the Raiders. They were protecting Rivers for sure but when Rivers had to throw he made some really nice throws.