PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Ronnie Brown is not a Starting Caliber back

Pages : [1] 2

Dmancari23
09-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Ronnie Brown is not a starting RB, I've said it since DAY ONE. He had a great combine and great workouts and catapulted up the draft boards. It happens to a handful of players every year. Where are all the people who were predicting a monster game? Where are all the people who predicted that the running game would have it together come the regular season? EXACTLY. Reality has set in. No it's not the end of the world, it's one game, but this Pittsburgh team is a beatable team and if this is any barometer of how we will play throughout the season it will be a LONG year. That pro bowler Chambers looked excellent tonight too. Wow. It's called reality folks. We got beat by a team with their backup QB handily. 0-1.

Adam First
09-07-2006, 11:49 PM
No, just no

Lazy1
09-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Dumbest thread ever, im as heated as any1 about the loss. But Ronnie looked decent, the coaches didnt call running plays enough and we had a terrible game plan for the game. Ronnie Brown never went down on first contact, displayed good hands and route runnings. Blame daunte or chambers for not catching the touchdown, but blaming ronnie is retarted.

DolfanISS
09-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Ronnie Brown is not a starting RB, I've said it since DAY ONE. He had a great combine and great workouts and catapulted up the draft boards. It happens to a handful of players every year. Where are all the people who were predicting a monster game? Where are all the people who predicted that the running game would have it together come the regular season? EXACTLY. Reality has set in. No it's not the end of the world, it's one game, but this Pittsburgh team is a beatable team and if this is any barometer of how we will play throughout the season it will be a LONG year. That pro bowler Chambers looked excellent tonight too. Wow. It's called reality folks. We got beat by a team with their backup QB handily. 0-1.

OK, don't watch anymore then. Bye Bye now, you'll be missed :rolleyes:.

redpitsea
09-07-2006, 11:52 PM
If you really think this you have no idea what an NFL back is.

GCD960
[edit]. Give me my points.

We played the top d in the league. Anyone who said he would have a monster game was lying to themselves and took you for a long ride man.

personal attack - points given

SirDrums
what??? He ran against one of the best, if not the best, defenses in the league right now....

What I saw from RB tonight was a guy that is willing to fight for every yard. He pulled off some tough runs tonight even if they were for small yardage.

hann80

I second that!! Get the **** on. Go root for the Jets!!

Pocoloco
09-07-2006, 11:53 PM
try a starting o-line. they were good on pass protection, but the run blocking was horrible

WelcomeBack
Wow, this post is pathetic. I understand people are entitled to their opinion, but atleast make it logical. We got beat yes, but we got beat for reasons other than Ronnie Brown. He's a very solid STARTER in this league.

The Steelers have a very solid run defense and they were plugging up holes ALL NIGHT. How can you find a hole as a RB if there are none?

We got beat by Charlie Batch because of a few players in our secondary, namely Goodman, Tillman and Lehan.

Alex44
Yeah damn Ronnie for making all those negative plays into positive yardage :rolleyes:

ac_lanham
09-07-2006, 11:54 PM
You cannot be serious about this thread. Ronnie looked very good when he had a line to block for him. If he's a backup what does that make our O-Line and secondary? JV football players?

Prime Time
:nono:

Lester
Ronnie Brown is the toughest running back in the NFL. He made the most out of almost every chance he had.

You know nothing about foolball.

Ronnie is the least of our problems, but we do have many.

Cannonboy
Oue secondary was bad tonight, thats why we lost.

jac3477
09-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Ronnie is a great running back. He can catch the ball, block, and run throught tackes for tough yards...he's also fast for his size.

blame the offensive problems tonight on the offensive line. They had a pretty lousy night. Ronnie did what he could.

Maynard the Hammer
09-07-2006, 11:55 PM
yeah...the guy with the only 2 TD's should be a backup.......

McMichael
09-07-2006, 11:56 PM
this post is rediculous.. ronnie brown was one of the few bright spots he looked rly good and broke tons of tackles... sorry but ronnie brown is the last person to blame . u have no football knowledge...

SF Dolfan
09-07-2006, 11:57 PM
This thread is just plain stupid. I feel less intelligent for having read it and even moreso for responding.

Ronnie ran hard w/ terrible runblocking against a top defense. He ran hard, fought for extra yards, and got everything could. He scored 2 td's as well.

TKO
09-07-2006, 11:57 PM
It would help if Mularky would call a run play now and again. I thought Brown was getting stronger as the game wore on. I'm not here to talk smack, but Mularky did the same crap in Buffalo last year. Feed Brown the ball in the second half, and this is a different game.

PhinsRDbest
09-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Ronnie is a great running back. He can catch the ball, block, and run throught tackes for tough yards...he's also fast for his size.

blame the offensive problems tonight on the offensive line. They had a pretty lousy night. Ronnie did what he could.
Yeah but can he run through brick walls because thats this thread starter is expecting.

PHANTASTIC 13
09-07-2006, 11:58 PM
One game against the Super Bowl champs and you say that Brown is a bust...get a clue dude. Yeah he played a bad game, so did Culpepper, McMicheal, Chambers Thomas, the secondary stunk up the joint, and we could go on and on.

Xbrett82us
09-07-2006, 11:59 PM
more like we need a starting O LINE!

Dmancari23
09-08-2006, 12:00 AM

blame the offensive problems tonight on the offensive line. They had a pretty lousy night. Ronnie did what he could.Ronnie is NOT a great RB. Ladainian Tomlinson is a GREAT RB, Shaun Alexander is a GREAT RB. Ronnie stinks. 14 carries 30 yards and 2 short td's that ANY back could've scored on. Everyone defends the guy and blames it on the defense and on the oline, when will this BACKUP take some heat? The arguement that he was fighting for tough yards is ludacris. EVERY NFL back fights for yards. They don't just lay down and roll around. Ricky Williams, S. Alexander, L. Tomlinson, Tiki Barber, Edgerin James, WILLIE PARKER would run for more yards behind this line. It's time to stop making excuses for Ronnie Brown.

John Biello
09-08-2006, 12:02 AM
thwe offensive line should be executed. they are an embaressment to our team. unreal how little they produce any run ronnie had was off a brilliant move 3 broken tackles and 2 dragged defenders

AU_raven
Ronnie only had 15 carries. The Steelers have an awesome defense. Again, like last year, the ol is not getting the job done. How many times did Ronnie have a Steeler in the backfield immediately after taking a handoff??? Quite a few.

ac_lanham
It would help if Mularky would call a run play now and again. I thought Brown was getting stronger as the game wore on. I'm not here to talk smack, but Mularky did the same crap in Buffalo last year. Feed Brown the ball in the second half, and this is a different game.

Good post, you're more intelligent than some of the chicken littles on this board

Ryan1973
Ronnie is NOT a great RB. Ladainian Tomlinson is a GREAT RB, Shaun Alexander is a GREAT RB. Ronnie stinks. 14 carries 30 yards and 2 short td's that ANY back could've scored on. Everyone defends the guy and blames it on the defense and on the oline, when will this BACKUP take some heat? The arguement that he was fighting for tough yards is ludacris. EVERY NFL back fights for yards. They don't just lay down and roll around. Ricky Williams, S. Alexander, L. Tomlinson, Tiki Barber, Edgerin James, WILLIE PARKER would run for more yards behind this line. It's time to stop making excuses for Ronnie Brown.

[edit]

personal attacks not allowed

PhinSoldia
i was going to say something but i think everything has been said already

WarriorQB
09-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Are you serious? Did you even watch the game? There were several plays that Pittsburgh was in the backfield and or in the hole. Ronnie consistently plowed forward and got 2-3 yards. There was 2-3 plays where he was given the ball in the back field and just met by 2 or 3 or 4 steelers which obviouslyis his fault right? He has great hands, blocks well, and runs hard he is definitely a starting caliber running back in the NFL. You could go through the NFL and there are teams that would kille to have him. This thread is laughable.:sidelol:

Phinfanatic84
Dumbest thread ever, im as heated as any1 about the loss. But Ronnie looked decent, the coaches didnt call running plays enough and we had a terrible game plan for the game. Ronnie Brown never went down on first contact, displayed good hands and route runnings. Blame daunte or chambers for not catching the touchdown, but blaming ronnie is retarted.

I recorded the whole game and will review again tomorrow night but Ronnie did not look decent. Is it the end of the world? Of course not... we ran into the defending champs and they have a heck of defense. Take it for what it is. The Steelers were just a little better then us tonight. I look forward to seeing them in the playoff's.

Anthony D.
Ronnie Brown is not a starting RB, I've said it since DAY ONE. He had a great combine and great workouts and catapulted up the draft boards. It happens to a handful of players every year. Where are all the people who were predicting a monster game? Where are all the people who predicted that the running game would have it together come the regular season? EXACTLY. Reality has set in. No it's not the end of the world, it's one game, but this Pittsburgh team is a beatable team and if this is any barometer of how we will play throughout the season it will be a LONG year. That pro bowler Chambers looked excellent tonight too. Wow. It's called reality folks. We got beat by a team with their backup QB handily. 0-1.I did predict a win, but I am a homer at heart. Anyway, I really thought that Dante would look better and I also thought our secondary would be much better. We have a long way to go it seems. Now we know why the Pats are predicted to win the division again. I just hope that when Daniels returns that it will make a difference.

Anthony D.
09-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Oh, and Mularky is full of mularky when it comes to play calling.

SpurzN703
09-08-2006, 12:04 AM

Then you have been clueless since Day 1 friend. Go find another team then if we're so bad

ThaGame17
09-08-2006, 12:05 AM
ohhhhh im sorry but umm could someone tell me whoo scored our ONLY TWO TOUCHDOWNS 2NIGHT???? yeaaaahhhh that would be ronnie brown...... right after culpepper couldnt get it done...

i mean its kinda hard to get some running room when your o line is getting eaten by the superbowl champs... but hey whats so special about the superbowl winners??? it only means that they happen to be the best in the league right??? well ronnie brown and the dolphins jus scored 2 tds on the defense that the seahawks only scored one .... (shaun alexander =0 td's)...

who came in when ronnie brown needed a breather??? ohhh thas right ronnie brown had all the carries for our team 2night plus if you actually watched the game RONNIE BROWN WAS ONE OF THE ONLY ONES BLOCKKINGGGG TONIGHT

p.s..... tell around the horn to have a job waitin for me

HuskerFin
09-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Ronnie Brown is not a starting RB, I've said it since DAY ONE. He had a great combine and great workouts and catapulted up the draft boards. It happens to a handful of players every year. Where are all the people who were predicting a monster game? Where are all the people who predicted that the running game would have it together come the regular season? EXACTLY. Reality has set in. No it's not the end of the world, it's one game, but this Pittsburgh team is a beatable team and if this is any barometer of how we will play throughout the season it will be a LONG year. That pro bowler Chambers looked excellent tonight too. Wow. It's called reality folks. We got beat by a team with their backup QB handily. 0-1.:sidelol: Finheaven should pay you for advertising. Every time I read 1 of your threads, Im 1 step closer to paying for VIP.

DwayneWade
09-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Ronnie is defitnley a starting running back he's just very overrated to all of us. Honestly I dont think he was worth the 2nd overall pick but I do think he's good. He takes awhile to burst which is a problem and dances alot but is very hard to take down. He just doesnt explode through the hole like Ricky used too. I never really liked him like all you guys did, I don't like how he smiles and stuff when he gets his *** knocked down I wish he would get angry like Cadillac. But he's not a backup and this thread is dumb, Ronnie will have a nice game next week.

flintsilver7
Newsflash: We have two new guys on our offensive line. Ronnie started out slow but started to do well later in the game. Just as he started to wear down the defense, Mularkey completely stopped calling running plays.

Oh, and to those complaining about our secondary, Saban traded away (or let walk) the entire secondary in the past year. I don't expect the secondary to do all that well this year.

The front seven, on the other hand, will be great as long as holding is called when it should be. You cannot tell me that the Steelers only committed one penalty.

EndZone13

!. game plan was not what it should have been. Chambers should have been used differntly.
2. O Line didn't open holes and drive blocks as well as they were capable of doing.
3. There were penalties at key times on back to back plays by secondary that gave the ball back to Pittsburgh.
4. Zach Thomas let Miller get behind him.
5. Dante threw many great passes, and a few weren't caught that should have been, then he made mistakes at end and telegraphed pass on obious pass play.
6 Dolphins played for 50 m,inutes pretty damn well, not so good the last ten.
Otherwise, we held in pretty well for a super bowl champion team from where we were last year.
Saban will have team better prepared by next game.
:dolphins:

endorPHINS72

This is the most stupid ****ing post I've read tonight, and there have been a lot of them. Yes, Ronnie Brown is the reason we lost tonight :shakeno: . It's his fault for getting hit in the backfield or having nowhere to run against one of the best run defenses in football.

And I heard a lot of unrealistic things predicted for the Steelers game, but I NEVER heard anyone say that Ronnie Brown was going to have a monster game. In fact, it was only a few weeks ago someone started a thread about how innefective Ronnie Brown was inside the 10 yard line. Hmmm...he did pretty well inside it tonight.

DonShula84
09-08-2006, 12:08 AM
We Need A Line That Can Block, Ronnie isnt the problem

John Biello
09-08-2006, 12:09 AM
this guy is a clown all he does is instigate like this. he ought to be given the boot if you ask me.

FinsFan2187
Ronnie had absolutely no help from the coaches or offensive line...usually the only time he got to run was on 3rd and short so obviously the Steelers are stacking the line and hes only gonna get a few yards...seemed like we threw on first down all night and we just never gave him a chance...whenever he got the ball though it took 3 guys to get him down...he looked awesome in my opinion and that was against the Steelers who are always top 5 in run defense wait till the next 3 weeks against bills, titans, and texans...hopefully play calling and offensive line play will be better...we will be fine this yr I still think we/ll take division if for no other reason than our easy schedule...we looked good most of the game and saban will have them more than ready to pull off 3 straight wins

PhinsRDbest
:sidelol: Finheaven should pay you for advertising. Every time I read 1 of your threads, Im 1 step closer to paying for VIP.
You know I was thinking the same thing when all these garbage threads popped up.

endorPHINS72
09-08-2006, 12:10 AM
!. game plan was not what it should have been. Chambers should have been used differntly.
2. O Line didn't open holes and drive blocks as well as they were capable of doing.
3. There were penalties at key times on back to back plays by secondary that gave the ball back to Pittsburgh.
5. Dante threw many great passes, and a few weren't caught that should have been, then he made mistakes at end and telegraphed pass on obious pass play.
Otherwise, we held in pretty well for a super bowl champion team from where we were last year.

I agree with you on most parts of your post, but I don't know what Coach Saban could have done to have this team more prepared. It was execution that was the problem tonight, i.e. breakdowns in coverage, costly penalties and the lack of a consistent pass rush.

allred65
09-08-2006, 12:11 AM

Saban just said that it wasn't Zach's man. We were suppose to have been in a 3 deep zone but there was no one deep. Saban took the blame for the play.

Joe Flipper
09-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Ronnie Brown is the toughest running back in the NFL. He made the most out of almost every chance he had.

I HOPE THAT WAS A JOKE...i want to bash pepper n brown all night but to make that statement.........

my opinion....i said it draft day....ronnie brown is NOT a starting running back...i wanted the caddy....i said it during the off season........pepper is NOT the answer at QB.....
but i back my fins till the end....!

go JOEY

Xbrett82us
I was astounded at how the O line could do a fairly decent job pass blocking, but when it came to the run..........they proved completely incapable...Even for the plays that Brown did make, he had to do it himself, the line was all over the place..

finserg
Ronnie is NOT a great RB. Ladainian Tomlinson is a GREAT RB, Shaun Alexander is a GREAT RB. Ronnie stinks. 14 carries 30 yards and 2 short td's that ANY back could've scored on. Everyone defends the guy and blames it on the defense and on the oline, when will this BACKUP take some heat? The arguement that he was fighting for tough yards is ludacris. EVERY NFL back fights for yards. They don't just lay down and roll around. Ricky Williams, S. Alexander, L. Tomlinson, Tiki Barber, Edgerin James, WILLIE PARKER would run for more yards behind this line. It's time to stop making excuses for Ronnie Brown.

Wow he hit 30 yards :shakeno:

Miami1
09-08-2006, 12:14 AM
The O line didnt provide one hole for Ronnie to run through all night long. Every yard he earned, he had to drag one or two Steelers on his back for them. The offensive line played bad from the start.

Im suprised they didnt use Ronnie more coming out of the backfiend, he had a few catches for some decent yaradge. Using him out of the backfield more would of worked well all game in my opinion.

NYFinzFan4Eva
09-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Good pass blocking, terrible run blocking, especially by barnes. Maybe if Ronnie Brown was facing us tonight on the steelers o-line, you would understand just how good of a player he really is. He had more better blocks in pass coverage than anyone had for him in run blocks.

endorPHINS72
09-08-2006, 12:16 AM
I HOPE THAT WAS A JOKE...i want to bash pepper n brown all night but to make that statement.........

my opinion....i said it draft day....ronnie brown is NOT a starting running back...i wanted the caddy....i said it during the off season........pepper is NOT the answer at QB.....
but i back my fins till the end....!

go JOEY

You just don't like the starting QB who is still coming back from an injury and running back who had nowhere to run tonight, but besides that you back your Fins till the end? :lol:

Anthony D.
09-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Ronnie Brown is not a starting RB, I've said it since DAY ONE. He had a great combine and great workouts and catapulted up the draft boards. It happens to a handful of players every year. Where are all the people who were predicting a monster game? Where are all the people who predicted that the running game would have it together come the regular season? EXACTLY. Reality has set in. No it's not the end of the world, it's one game, but this Pittsburgh team is a beatable team and if this is any barometer of how we will play throughout the season it will be a LONG year. That pro bowler Chambers looked excellent tonight too. Wow. It's called reality folks. We got beat by a team with their backup QB handily. 0-1.Dante played like crap. The line played like crap. Our secondary played like crap. Mularky tried to run Ronnie up the middle of the line almost every play on one of the best rushing defenses. Really stupid!

cltchperf
09-08-2006, 12:17 AM
I recorded the whole game and will review again tomorrow night but Ronnie did not look decent. Is it the end of the world? Of course not... we ran into the defending champs and they have a heck of defense. Take it for what it is. The Steelers were just a little better then us tonight. I look forward to seeing them in the playoff's.

Good for you, and you taping it. That doesn't prove anything. I saw the game as well so stop. He didn't play great, but he wasn't bad either. Ronnie scored two TDs for Miami, plus he made big catches, so stop. He made plays out of nothing. Guys were all over him all game, yet he made runs when he had space. Another thing, he made nice cuts and did show good vision for you guys that can't see.

TarHeelFinFan
09-08-2006, 12:18 AM
We don't need a new starting running back, we need a starting caliber O-line. Ronnie was hit as soon as he touched the ball on most of the running plays. Can you really blame Ronnie for that 3rd and 2 pitch where he had 4 guys grabbing on before he even caught the pitch?

John Biello
09-08-2006, 12:19 AM
it amazes me after a game, how many people there are that know absolutely nothing about football post useless garbage on here.

MR NFLFAN
09-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Brown wasn't too bad but to tell you the truth all the Hype I've heard about him here well he doesn't seem to live up to it. I'd keep him as the starter now Culpepper that another story, he sucked. He started out right where he left off last nov. :shakeno:

PhinsPhan
09-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Ronnie Brown is the only one who could be absolved of all blame for this game.

murphee111

:shakeno: :shakeno: you need to have your head examined for saying that ronnie is not a starting caliber r.b. :shakeno: :shakeno:

Dmancari23
I sure hope we are still looking at a trade to bring in Chris Brown. At least he's a starting caliber RB when he's healthy. Hell, I would get Suggs up to speed and give him a start or two to see what he can do. Ronnie Brown is an embarrassment. Period. Those 2 tds he scored could've been scored by anyone on this damn board, all you would have to do is fall down forward. IT'S A JOKE!!!! Everyone is torching Daunte right now and Ronnie once again slides under the radar. Ricky Williams would've rushed for 100 yards tonight. There were holes, Ronnie just missed them. Mularkey stopped calling running plays because he was tired of seeing 2 and 11, 3rd and 8 and seeing Ronnie laying on his *** all night. He wasn't getting it done.

Vertical Limit
Someone ban this guy. Jesus christ. What the hell are you talking about? Nick Saban barely called any plays for Ronnie Brown, Ronnie only had 12-15 touches. Terrible coaching lead to terrible plays, which lead to little use to Ronnie Brown.

Our coaches weren't in the game.

SBN3YEARS

[edit] AND YOU SHOULD GO WATCH TENNIS OR SOMETHING. IF THEY DON'T CALL A TOSS SWEEP ON 3RD AND 2 YOUR LOVING THE GUY. GUYS LIKE YOU AND ESPECIALLY YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FROM EVERY DOLPHIN SITE.

personal attacks not allowed

HuskerFin
09-08-2006, 12:21 AM
You know I was thinking the same thing when all these garbage threads popped up.:D Yeah, I try to take them as entertainment, but a person can only take so much "entertainment".

John Biello
09-08-2006, 12:21 AM
what game are you watching. did u take your medication today?

johngarry
09-08-2006, 12:22 AM
we NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED...to block. Period.

AquaAssasin
09-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Oue secondary was bad tonight, thats why we lost.

Very true, They made some real bonehead plays. I saw the one where saban was heated..

Miamifin23
09-08-2006, 12:24 AM
WOW! This thread is a joke as well u are. Did you watch the game? He had to fight to get every yd that he got. There wasn't any kind of holes for him to hit, and we didn't run him like we should of. They gave up on the run against a very good pitt defense.

MCMike81
09-08-2006, 12:24 AM
i swear to god who lets you people write on these message boards its like you've never watched a game of football in your entire life all that they were doing was trying to stop the run and let the phins beat them through the air. Which we were unable to do very effectively but it was the first game and we did look a little shaky ill be the first to admit that but to make that statement is just assanine. and its only the first game of the year did you think we were gonna go 16-0. what an idiot. just let the team gel and next time you have a something to say just shut up

trate121hb
09-08-2006, 12:25 AM

cmon guy get serious...am i disapoointed hell yeah....could we have won....hell yeah.....am i in a panic hell no......go somewhere else to cry u baby.....we have a good team a good rb and a good qb.....did we struggle a bit...yeah we did bu theres no need to be so damn pssimistic......loser

trate121hb
09-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Someone ban this guy. Jesus christ. What the hell are you talking about? Nick Saban barely called any plays for Ronnie Brown, Ronnie only had 12-15 touches. Terrible coaching lead to terrible plays, which lead to little use to Ronnie Brown.

Our coaches weren't in the game.

listen man something happened in the game coaschi g or whaatever.....but theres no need to freak out.....we got the bills and titsns next lets win thoe at home and then go after the pats

DefensiveEnd#76
09-08-2006, 12:27 AM
try a starting o-line. they were good on pass protection, but the run blocking was horrible

Exactly. L.J. Shelton actually played well outside of a holding penalty. But yes our run blocking was really bad and needs to improve. Ronnie had no room to run and the yards he got were basically on his own will and determination.

PhinFan0202
09-08-2006, 12:29 AM

You're acting like a tool right now, I hope you know that. You're trying to say Ronnie isn't a starter because we played against one of the best defenses in the leauge and didn't succeed? I hope he rushes for 130 yards next week and you swalllow a mouth full of crow.

MR NFLFAN
09-08-2006, 12:30 AM
it amazes me after a game, how many people there are that know absolutely nothing about football post useless garbage on here.

From what I saw tonight your "O" line still needs a lot of work and if Saban Doesn't get it straightened out it will probably cost you Ronnie Browns Services sometime very soon. He was getting killed. Miami's offensive line was flat out beaten and the only time Brown got positive yrds when he bounced it outside, and that yardage he picked up all on his own. Culpepper played a terrible game also and it appears he's not the scrambler he used to be but he's still the INT machine he used to be. By the Way even Saban didn't look good tonight with his half A$$ed flag toss. What was he waiting for christmas? The defense line did a good job vs the run but man that secondary stunk up the joint. Saban still has much work to do.

DefensiveEnd#76
09-08-2006, 12:31 AM
I don't care if you are Barry Sanders or Walter Payton. If you have no holes to run through then you aren't going anywhere. Our o-line is a work in progress. I am sure it will be an area that is targeted early and often after this season. As well as the secondary!!!!

texasPHINSfan
09-08-2006, 12:31 AM
i think the o-line just needs time to gel and get into a groove again. this happened last year as well. after a game or two they start to get it together and everything is butter.

the o-line was not in sync and thus no holes opened for ronnie. i think he did great considering what limited carries he had and the no blocking he had. i am wayyyyy more concerned about our D than i am about our RB

BuffaloSoldier2
09-08-2006, 12:32 AM

As a Bills fans, this is absolutely ******ed. Almost any team in the league would love to have Ronnie Brown. Your problem is (and the Bills problem last year) will be your oline. Hawk is a great coach but until you have Bennie Anderson on the bench, you will struggle to run the ball. Anderson was the worst lineman on the Bills last year nad Raven fans thought he was awful on their team. He's a great guy but not a starting NFL lineman. And the fact the Mularkey starts him after last year makes me glad he is no longer the Bills coach. I'm not trying to talk trash but you do have a good team but for some reason took guys from our 5-11 team that many here considered our weak links. Just strange.

John Biello
09-08-2006, 12:33 AM
great post buffalo soldier. our offensive line is a disaster all around

DefensiveEnd#76
09-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Our d-line will need to be infused with more youth after this season. Guys like Traylor wear down late in the game and it showed, as Pittsburgh was able to run it up the gut with success.

fInbred
09-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Ronnie did fine. He was up against a good defense. He's got a lot of heart and beats up the defenders. We're going to have to lean on him until we get our starting QB in there.

Dolphinfinity
09-08-2006, 12:36 AM
Haha you are ******ed for starting this post. I haven't even read a damn thing and you already lost me. Ronnie Brown will be absolutely fine. He had a poor game lets evaluate him after the season. At that point in time, will you still be saying he is a bust "from day one"? I highly doubt it, get a life or do us all a favor and jump already.

Dolfndav34
09-08-2006, 12:37 AM

It was'nt because of Ronnie ! Daunte will be the downfall, he was terrible

Dolfan99847
09-08-2006, 12:39 AM
I sure hope we are still looking at a trade to bring in Chris Brown. At least he's a starting caliber RB when he's healthy. Hell, I would get Suggs up to speed and give him a start or two to see what he can do. Ronnie Brown is an embarrassment. Period. Those 2 tds he scored could've been scored by anyone on this damn board, all you would have to do is fall down forward. IT'S A JOKE!!!! Everyone is torching Daunte right now and Ronnie once again slides under the radar. Ricky Williams would've rushed for 100 yards tonight. There were holes, Ronnie just missed them. Mularkey stopped calling running plays because he was tired of seeing 2 and 11, 3rd and 8 and seeing Ronnie laying on his *** all night. He wasn't getting it done.
Im going to copy this and wait until Ronnie is on his way to the Pro-Bowl and make you look stupid saying Brown is not a starter and saying that you would start Lee Suggs???:sidelol: Seriously just stop ur blowing my high

Vertical Limit
09-08-2006, 12:40 AM
listen man something happened in the game coaschi g or whaatever.....but theres no need to freak out.....we got the bills and titsns next lets win thoe at home and then go after the pats
45+ passing plays vs 15 running plays is unexcuseable. This isn't Minnesota. We need to do better with the plays we call, and keep it balanced to keep their defense unballanced.

rdhstlr23
09-08-2006, 12:41 AM
The OLine played piss poor. We were able to run the ball much more effectively after we established the pass, and the game was in the 2nd half. Who really expected us to dominate the ground game against the defending League Champions, in there home stadium, on opening night, and oh by the way, with one of the top defenses in the NFL. I keep saying this. Shaun Alexander couldn't do it, Edgerrin James couldn't do it, etc. so why should we expect Ronnie Brown to dominate with a much worse OLine....typical of Dolphin fans...it really is, as much as I hate to say it...give all the praise in the world until something happens against that, then take it away....ITS THE FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

If there is one thing I can say about Ronnie it's this...He does have a tendency to miss holes or not hit holes when they are there. On one play he gained about 8 yards but had about 5 more, if he just hit the hole instead of stopped to juke. Another time he stuck inside rather than bounce it inside. The OLine isn't good, and Ronnie's vision isn't "great" but he should still be able to put up fine numbers. I have all the confidence in the world in him.

LouisOliver#25
09-08-2006, 12:45 AM

Hahahaha!! Toughest RB in the NFL!! Take it easy their sporty.. He has got alot to prove, you need to watch some football before you make comments like that..

ffphin
09-08-2006, 12:46 AM
What the ****!!! why did someone make a post like this??? If you saw the game you would have seen him breaking tackle after tackle! He played his *** off but no one was blocking. It seemed that he was breaking tackles in the backfield every run!

MarinoForPres
09-08-2006, 12:48 AM
is the guy who started this and idiot? could shaun alexander of even ran on this D# tonite? could of ronnie had more yards if he was better? the answer to all these questions is no. besides the first! i mean come on please where were all the holes what i saw was casey hampton and other steelers in the backfield before the ball was even snapped. he had 2 td's and they looked great. there wasnt much ronnie could of done. only if he could transport from our 5 to there endzone and he isnt david coperfield last time i looked. lets give him a few games to get the o-line blocking and to get our O# tigether before we say roonie was never anygood and that he was a bust. nick knows this guys potential and you will see it now quit getting on ronnie for things thats not his fault please. its getting old to see this. ronnie will be great i bet a million bucks on it! hard loss but we didnt show up when we needed and our D# gave it up. so many stupid penalties that stuff cant happen.

DolfinDave
09-08-2006, 12:50 AM
Wow. The guy has a good rookie year with 900 yards on limited touches. He also has more yards per carry than Cadillac and he is a backup. Yeah that sounds about right. Jeez, I don't know where anyone gets that.

MarinoForPres
09-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Hahahaha!! Toughest RB in the NFL!! Take it easy their sporty.. He has got alot to prove, you need to watch some football before you make comments like that..
i do agree it was an overstatement from thi guy but he did run with intensity but nothing was there he shows poise and smarts not trying to do to much. ronnie will become elite in due time but i agree you cant go and say he is the toughest back in the nfl b/c he hasnt proved it yet but what ppl dont see is his maturity and work ethic and poise. he will come around and will show all his future ablities.

Dolfan_Noles
09-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Ronnie looked good. Where do you people come up with this stuff?

Aqua4Ever04
09-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Dmancari, you deserve a ban. You are a joke dude and I really hope you are not serious. How can you say something like that, seriously?

PerfectFinz72
09-08-2006, 12:54 AM
You just don't like the starting QB who is still coming back from an injury and running back who had nowhere to run tonight, but besides that you back your Fins till the end? :lol:

I thought that was pretty funny too. Some people need to stop being Dolphins fans...effective immediately.

DolphinDevil28
09-08-2006, 12:55 AM

WOW.

MarinoForPres
09-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Im going to copy this and wait until Ronnie is on his way to the Pro-Bowl and make you look stupid saying Brown is not a starter and saying that you would start Lee Suggs???:sidelol: Seriously just stop ur blowing my high
hahahaha so true u got to love stuff like what this guy said. lets go get bron maybe he will start 2 games for us! can shaun alexander run through a brick wall hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................no so why would ronnie be able too???????????????????? come on ppl litten up a little please!

John Biello
09-08-2006, 12:56 AM
how do you function in society? nominee for biggest troll of the year award

unifiedtheory
WOW.

Uh huh...

MarinoForPres
Dmancari, you deserve a ban. You are a joke dude and I really hope you are not serious. How can you say something like that, seriously?
he is really a jets fan!

primetime23
09-08-2006, 01:02 AM
why are you guys ****ting on the man who posted this thread. Ronnie doesn't hit the whole hard, at least imo I don't want to sound like a know it all because im not. How many rushing yards did ronnie get really? wheres the 1,000 posts of everbody saying ronnie is going to get over 100 yards. 15 carries for 30 yards isn't even good or even decent. why are you guys so two faced. first you guys say hes going to run for over 100 yards then when he doesnt even get nowhere near it. you guys make make stuff up. Then you guys bash people who stat the obviously, which is ronnie didnt have a good game, no if ands or buts

John Biello
09-08-2006, 01:03 AM
primetime, ronne brown cant walk on water. nor can he run for 100 yarsa on 15 carries with no run blocking. hes not jesus or allah or buddha or whatever

dolfanatik
09-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Ronnie Brown a backup?!? Hah! He was one of the few bright spots, along with Welker, against the Steelers. Brown was the hardest worker tonight on the offensive side of the ball. Give Brown a chance to get used to this subpar offensive line and to read defenses/holes properly.

Sure it would've been nice to have Ricky Williams against the Steelers and this season. Unfortunately, he's not here. So we have to face reality, Brown is our only chance for a decent running game and a chance at the playoffs. As for next season, a Brown/Williams combo again will be nice to look forward to.

For Culpepper, his performance should be criticized. But since it's his first game, we should reserve judgment. Hopefully he will get comfortable with this offense, read defenses properly, get in sync with his receivers/backs, reduce INTs, etc.

PerfectFinz72
09-08-2006, 01:05 AM

Is there any way we can vote on this? I mean, put me down with a vote of 'ban' if so.

305TillIDie
09-08-2006, 01:07 AM
wow

just wow :nono:

cltchperf
09-08-2006, 01:07 AM
watch the game. So now stats are what gives the story on a player's performance. Ronnie didn't have much at all, yet he made the yards and plays that were there. Good catching, and tough running by Ronnie. No he didn't play great but he didn't play bad either. I guess Ronnie must be so horrible, I mean all he did was make key plays, and SCORE 2 TDS for Miami or all Miami's TDS. This game wouldn't have been close if he didn't make two tough TD runs, so get a clue.

dominizzo
09-08-2006, 01:08 AM
WOOW BAn this guy!!

This is just pathetic!! Thank god im in VIP

DoctorFeelgood
09-08-2006, 01:09 AM
try a starting o-line. they were good on pass protection,

No they weren't. The O-Line stank up the place, period.

miaD5499
09-08-2006, 01:09 AM

BANNNNN:fire:

DolphinsFan23
09-08-2006, 01:10 AM

Are you saying that Travis Minor should be the starting running back? If not him, then who?

I thought that Ronnie did about as well as could be expected given the Steelers defense and the quality of our offensive line right now. I seriously doubt that Ricky Williams or anyone else could have done much better. The holes simply weren't there. At this point, I think we are going to have problems running the ball against tough defenses like the Steelers.

Hopefully, Hudson Houck is going to watch lots of film and make the necessary adjustments to the offensive line. I know I wish we still had Seth McKinney and Joe Toledo in our offensive line group. We didn't draft a d'Brickashaw Ferguson kind of guy this year, so Coach Houck is going to have to work extra hard with guys we do have. Hopefully, Houck can prove to everyone in our next game that Pittsburgh is just an exceptional defense and our OL did about as well as other teams have.

I was also surprised that Chambers, McMichael, and Booker weren't getting open as often as they usually do. I think this game is just one of those where you scratch your head and say ... you know, that was just a darned good team we were playing .... our usual stuff just wasn't working like it is supposed to.

We lost the momentum on Pittsburgh's TE pass play for a TD ....that Zach or somebody was supposed to be covering. After that, I think Daunte started feeling the pressure to make SOMETHING big happen and he forced some passes into tight coverage.

Our offense just flat out needs more options for Daunte when everybody is covered and the pocket is breaking down. Maybe Daunte needs to just go for more 5 yard runs and then SLIDE. We definitely cannot afford to have him get injured.

He may have had an off night tonight, but he is still by far the best QB we've had since Marino. Next game, I bet he'll be throwing those rocket passes at just the right times into just the right spaces. We can't expect him to be Superman in his first game back after his knee injury against the World Champs. It would have been nice. I thought he might have done it .... but, lets face it, it was pretty unrealistic to expect Daunte to play a perfect first game against competition like the Steelers.

DoctorFeelgood
09-08-2006, 01:10 AM
why are you guys ****ting on the man who posted this thread. Ronnie doesn't hit the whole hard,

It's hard to hit the hole hard when you have a defender in your face as soon as you take the handoff. I say get RB an O-Line before you start condemning him.

adamprez2003
09-08-2006, 01:22 AM
Ronnie was fine tonight. too bad the same cant be said for our run blocking

primetime23
09-08-2006, 01:24 AM
ronnie didnt have a good game but ultimately turnovers lose games and we had 2 could of had more

primetime23
09-08-2006, 01:32 AM
watch the game. So now stats are what gives the story on a player's performance. Ronnie didn't have much at all, yet he made the yards and plays that were there. Good catching, and tough running by Ronnie. No he didn't play great but he didn't play bad either. I guess Ronnie must be so horrible, I mean all he did was make key plays, and SCORE 2 TDS for Miami or all Miami's TDS. This game wouldn't have been close if he didn't make two tough TD runs, so get a clue.

are you KIDDING ME? those two td's were both set up by 1, welker with the punt return and 2, booker with the 50 yard reception. Ronnie did have good runs but dont be giving me that **** of ''get a clue'' and all that none sense so much of people here would like to say as soon as you question someones performance thats a ''DOLPHIN PLAYER''. Im a fan and KNOW what I SAW Ronnie had good runs(afew) but by no means did he have a good or decent game. Im sure he would say the same, He won't be like some of you and blame other people for his production (his oline).

endorPHINS72
09-08-2006, 01:40 AM
I thought that was pretty funny too. Some people need to stop being Dolphins fans...effective immediately.

Agreed, my friend! I think we picked up a few bandwagon fans during the offseason who didn't think we'd lose a game this year. The rest of the "sky is falling" bunch are just the usual suspects.

endorPHINS72
09-08-2006, 01:42 AM
I have to vote for a ban on "Dmancari23" (the creator of this thread) as well. It really seems as if his sole reason for starting this thread was to just pour salt on the wounds of Dolphins fans.

ThePats
09-08-2006, 01:44 AM
I dont know if the O-Line isnt doing a good job blocking for him. Tonight and the last few preseason games he has had really low yards per carry. O-Line has to do something with his struggles.

primetime23
09-08-2006, 01:51 AM
he just doesnt hit the hole hard

DaBills4life
09-08-2006, 01:53 AM
Brown is a very good football player, runs hard.

HuskerFin
09-08-2006, 01:54 AM
I sure hope we are still looking at a trade to bring in Chris Brown. At least he's a starting caliber RB when he's healthy. Hell, I would get Suggs up to speed and give him a start or two to see what he can do. Ronnie Brown is an embarrassment. Period. Those 2 tds he scored could've been scored by anyone on this damn board, all you would have to do is fall down forward. IT'S A JOKE!!!! Everyone is torching Daunte right now and Ronnie once again slides under the radar. Ricky Williams would've rushed for 100 yards tonight. There were holes, Ronnie just missed them. Mularkey stopped calling running plays because he was tired of seeing 2 and 11, 3rd and 8 and seeing Ronnie laying on his *** all night. He wasn't getting it done.:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: Somehow you topped your orignal post, to start this thread. Didnt think it could be possible. Seems to be a unhealthy obsession with Ronnie Brown in your threads/posts. A lot of hatred towards him. Just curious, did you go to school with him? Did he steal your girl or something? Or was it something like you played on the same HS team, and Ronnie beat you out for a starting position, and ruined your chance to be the NFL star?

primetime23
09-08-2006, 01:54 AM
he does when he gets going, but man he takes a century to get going

Kthurmus23
09-08-2006, 02:02 AM
i have got to say that Brown is the least of the conserns, he is a solid back who did a great job tonight, maybe he didnt put up great numbers, but he did better then he is getting credit for. I liked the game tonight, competed against possibly the toughest team in the league and I have hope, it's to bad that alot of you seem to have jumped ship.

DCFinFan
09-08-2006, 02:04 AM

Bingo! Right now, that's the source of all our problems on O.

primetime23
09-08-2006, 02:04 AM
i havve not jumped ship, just disapionted.

djfresh47
09-08-2006, 02:06 AM
Ronnie Brown will be fine. I'm not so sure about the offensive line though. I just don't know what fans expect when Brown is being hit at the line of scrimmage by 3 guys and falling forward. As a big back wouldn't we expect him to get better as the game goes along also? Well he really didn't get an opportunity in the 2nd half to do that. I think fans will over-react regardless just pull up the Linehan bashing threads from last year and see how they change from week to week. With that said I don't believe Pittsburgh is a playoff team and for the Dolphins to reach the goals that many fans put on them they're going to have to improve dramatically in the offensive line and secondary. Hopefully Daniels is healthy for next game and maybe i'm just saying this because the backup is always better than the starter right? I would really like to see a change with the safety position.

fear-the-d
09-08-2006, 02:07 AM

if you feel this way then fine, go suport the pasties or the bills because you obviously are not a dolphins supporter

Kthurmus23
09-08-2006, 02:18 AM
Cummon where are al the true fans, we lost to the team that won it all last year, I wanted a win even though it would happen, but if we lose it is best to lose to a team of this level. I will never jump ship like alot of you seem to be doing I know that this team is better then the teams of recent. Whatch and you will soon klnow that the fins are for real, and that the team has more solid points then all of you have given them.

Phinz4Life
09-08-2006, 02:28 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/09/120799136_56e437a86a_m-1.jpg

Go back to your rock, fair-weather fiend.

dlockz
09-08-2006, 02:44 AM

Please the toughest back in the NFL based on what? I agree this thread sucks but this is just as ludicrous a statement as Ronnie should not be a starter. When he makes it through a full season as starter we can say this but now, I'm sure there are tougher backs at this point.

Noodleman
09-08-2006, 02:54 AM
the fins got beat because of STUPID penalties. The one I have in in mind is the 3 and 19 hands to the face penalty. I know this cost no points but the Fins had just scored and were in a position for a 3 and out with a great possibility of awesome field position. In my opinion this was the turning point of the game. With that in mind, Miami played well and was in a position to win the game with 3 minutes left in the 4th. All in all, nice game overall!

R_t_Kraken
09-08-2006, 02:56 AM
The run blocking was pretty much crap the whole game, i don't know if you notices that. you can't put the full load on ronnie. give me a break. Anybody who thought we could run on that front 7 was kidding themselves in the first place.

Tommy_Cane
09-08-2006, 02:58 AM
have any of you actually wacthed the steelers play before? they have a damn good run defense. only one hundred yard rusher last year?

Phin_Phan
09-08-2006, 03:00 AM
WOW! *** thread!! we played against probably the best run Defense in the league.........and who had our 2 tds?? o ya!.......RONNIE did......he's now on pace for 32TDS for the season haha

retarmyfinfan
09-08-2006, 03:35 AM

Wasted my time opening this thread.

GWNFinfan
09-08-2006, 04:02 AM
Ronnie's fine, he's a threat running and receiving. Its no secret our OL is a problem. We played a team with an excellent run D, actually an excellent D, and it showed. Its a long season and the game showed what we need to improve. I hate losing any game, but I still think we're moving in the right direction.

sm0kinfins
09-08-2006, 04:08 AM

NO.... He won't be missed... as a matter of fact, we'll probably see him in the "Ronnie Brown is the best back EVER" thread with a bag on his head if/when this O-line gels and he starts putting up numbers. :baghead:

Tbone13tx
09-08-2006, 04:13 AM
[quote=GCD960][edit]. Give me my points.

We played the top d in the league. Anyone who said he would have a monster game was lying to themselves and took you for a long ride man.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHAAA!!!!!
:lol: :D :sidelol:

Tommy_Cane
09-08-2006, 04:14 AM
he got my fantasy team 14 points. no complaints here.

dlockz
09-08-2006, 04:33 AM
he got my fantasy team 14 points. no complaints here.

lol
Well Culpepper did not help mine. Hopefully this will drop Ronnie to me at #8 pick in Vegas tommorrow.

GoHokies
09-08-2006, 04:37 AM

You should probably never right on this site again. This is the most absurd post I have read in a long time. First of all....ahhhh I am not even going to respond to such an erroneous commet. Blah

dlockz
09-08-2006, 04:38 AM
You should probably never right on this site again. This is the most absurd post I have read in a long time. First of all....ahhhh I am not even going to respond to such an erroneous commet. Blah

Too late that was enough of a response lol.

maven
09-08-2006, 04:42 AM

Ronnie Brown is not a starting RB. He's a RBBC. He was NEVER worth the #2 overall pick in the draft. NEVER! The #2 overall pick in the draft doesn't split time with others! NEVER!

Equate last year's draft to this year who was picked #2 overall... well you get the picture. Unfortunately, the fins had a high draft pick in a weak draft.

dlockz
09-08-2006, 04:50 AM
Ronnie Brown is not a starting RB. He's a RBBC. He was NEVER worth the #2 overall pick in the draft. NEVER! The #2 overall pick in the draft doesn't split time with others! NEVER!

Equate last year's draft to this year who was picked #2 overall... well you get the picture. Unfortunately, the fins had a high draft pick in a weak draft.

If Ricky is on that team or any team, there will be split carries. I agree many overrate Ronnie on this board but a healthy Ricky is one of the best backs to ever lace em. Reggie Bush will be splitting carries with Deuce, Larry Johnson was splitting carries with Priest.

finsforlife
09-08-2006, 05:59 AM

True, he didn't go down on first contact. But 3-4 yards a pop won't get it 2.0 ypc. That's pathetic. Ronnie brown is an open field runner. He can't handle the middle. He had a less than thrilling preseason that carried over when it counted. Ronnie had a long of 8 yards. We will never get our passing game going if Ronnie is averaging 2.0 yards. And please don't say "it's only the first game".

finsforlife
09-08-2006, 06:03 AM
WOW! *** thread!! we played against probably the best run Defense in the league.........and who had our 2 tds?? o ya!.......RONNIE did......he's now on pace for 32TDS for the season haha

Both were goal line runs. We need production from the run prior to the goal line. William "The Fridge" Perry did the same thing.

elliott
09-08-2006, 06:29 AM
Oh, and of course Ronnie had great run blocking from his line...

Don't you think they're partly to blame for last nights shutdown of the run game?

How many times did RB get the ball with a defender in his face.

Al13
09-08-2006, 06:32 AM

one of the worst things after a tough loss like this....threads like this, dude did you even see the game ? how hard ronnie run, how he always seems to make someone miss, if he finally got some blocking.....apparently not otherwise you wouldn´t have started this f***** thread

Phanatical
09-08-2006, 07:09 AM

I don't think RB is our problem. The OL didn't block well, our QB is overrated, and our secondary is horrible.

AUFinFan
09-08-2006, 08:25 AM

Spoken by someone who obviously doesnt have a clue about football.

There are alot of reasons the Dolphins lost tonight...playcalling, Defense, interceptions, O line... but Ronnie and running back was not one of them.

What do you do when you take the hand off 3 yds in the backfield look up and your surrounded by 3 guys 1 yard behind the line of scrimmage?

You crap your pants. At least Ronnie did what he could to move ahead.

AUFinFan
09-08-2006, 08:28 AM

LOL you dont understand football at all. You dont understand what an offensive line does. NO ONE can run for yards behind this line.

Are you a Jets fan yet? Need a link to their board?

AUFinFan
09-08-2006, 08:31 AM
are you KIDDING ME? those two td's were both set up by 1, welker with the punt return and 2, booker with the 50 yard reception. Ronnie did have good runs but dont be giving me that **** of ''get a clue'' and all that none sense so much of people here would like to say as soon as you question someones performance thats a ''DOLPHIN PLAYER''. Im a fan and KNOW what I SAW Ronnie had good runs(afew) but by no means did he have a good or decent game. Im sure he would say the same, He won't be like some of you and blame other people for his production (his oline).

Please Ban this guy, he has a personal vendetta against Ronnie Brown.

LarryFinFan
09-08-2006, 08:35 AM

I;m sorry, but if you watched the game, you'd have seen that the OL was horrendous last night. They were confused, opened up no lanes for Brown and caused DC to hurry most of his throws. Our problem isn't RB, it's OL....

Enforcerfin33
09-08-2006, 08:39 AM
this thread is garbage man, Ronnie held his own he made plays when it counted, not his fault the line closed as soon as he hit it......

HULKFish
09-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Ronnie Looked Great, The Line Sucked!! Did you forget the 2 TD's??

NawlinsBucFan
09-08-2006, 08:43 AM

Weak Draft? :confused:
:sidelol:

I think not.

Enforcerfin33
09-08-2006, 08:44 AM
Ronnie Looked Great, The Line Sucked!! Did you forget the 2 TD's??
amen brother

butta247
09-08-2006, 08:46 AM

Is this the first football game that you've ever watched? Do you really think its Ronnie's fault or do you think the offensive line is suspect? Nevermind dont really want your thoughts! Dumbest thread ever.

butta247
09-08-2006, 08:49 AM

He's a RBBC? Do you mean he is IN a RBBC? Ive never seen one back be A running back by committee. What exactly do you mean? Did you go to the same school as the poster? I figured so......

SkapePhin
09-08-2006, 08:54 AM

You make a strong case for abortion...

zonk4ever
09-08-2006, 08:56 AM
who would u rather have? Fast Willie or Ronnie B? Willie undrafted - Ronnie #2. To Ronnie's defense, when u don't have any blocking particularly for your 1st - 9 carries, it's hard not to dance when u get shellshocked all the time. A running back needs confidence to "hit it up in there", with no blocking it's hard to develop. I'm not sure any other RB would've done better, but Fast Willie is a stud.

Enforcerfin33
09-08-2006, 08:56 AM
:lol: :lol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

rvicious
09-08-2006, 09:16 AM

I dont care who is the running back, if you can't open holes no Running Back is going to be succesful, period!

Dolphin1184
09-08-2006, 09:21 AM

:lol:

Behar
09-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Ronnie had to make his own holes. He did a great job finishing the game with positive yards considering what he was up against. Don't forget that Pitt. has a great run defense. The kid is gonna be just fine.

finmann
09-08-2006, 09:37 AM

Can't agree with you man....

Mac
09-08-2006, 09:44 AM
I see an ID10t error in his post............... :)

LtDan
09-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Ronnie Brown is not a starting RB, I've said it since DAY ONE. He had a great combine and great workouts and catapulted up the draft boards. It happens to a handful of players every year. Where are all the people who were predicting a monster game? Where are all the people who predicted that the running game would have it together come the regular season? EXACTLY. Reality has set in. No it's not the end of the world, it's one game, but this Pittsburgh team is a beatable team and if this is any barometer of how we will play throughout the season it will be a LONG year. That pro bowler Chambers looked excellent tonight too. Wow. It's called reality folks. We got beat by a team with their backup QB handily. 0-1.most unintelligent post ever! EVER! Go away please! NOW! Thank you

3rd and long
09-08-2006, 09:49 AM

Wrong! Brown will be very good this year. He did his part finishing off runs well and getting whatever he could. The Steelers have an excellent Defense and their focus was on taking away the run. I'm more concerned with how we weren't able to take any shots down the field to loosen them up.

The-Beast
09-08-2006, 09:53 AM
The Steelers basically used the same defensive gameplan they did against the chargers in 05 against you guys. since that is the case in my mind, the majority of the blame would go to Saban for not preparing the team then split off to Houck/Refs/Daunte.

Enforcerfin33
09-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Can't agree with you man....
alot of us dont.

dolfan4eva
09-08-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm sick of your negative post's. Get outta here and become a Pat's fan.

alexwr4
09-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Is this the J.E.T.S. (suck suck suck) forum¿¿?¿?

twanderer
09-08-2006, 10:04 AM
:shakeno:

PhinsRock
09-08-2006, 10:04 AM

Bye bye, we sure will miss you're smiling optimism around here, NOT! Please don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

dgarrisonb
09-08-2006, 10:07 AM
I think Ronnie looked great. He was not going down with the first tackle and if you look at Coaches comments... It would be some fingerpointing at Saban. Comment "when they kicked the field goal we were revewing the play" / Um Nick... It was an extra POINT!!!!!

Timmy54
09-08-2006, 10:09 AM
you needed to be benched as a fin fan. Go try being a Jets fan or something. You obviously didnt see him fight for every yard and get no holes to run in.

Justasportsfan
09-08-2006, 10:11 AM
You guys are crazy. Ronnie Brown is easily the best player on this team. He is gonna be a beast once he gets an OL.

trate121hb
09-08-2006, 10:13 AM
go crawl in a hole and u know what u should do

Schmiggs
09-08-2006, 10:14 AM
we need runblocking like the steelers had with parker, that's what we need

Justasportsfan
09-08-2006, 10:15 AM
go crawl in a hole and u know what u should do
huh?

tay0365
09-08-2006, 10:15 AM

:shakeno: Wow!!!!

dolfanrodney
09-08-2006, 10:16 AM
You had way to much to drink buddy, lay off the beer on sundays and you will see things better. Ronnie did not get alot but did score twice and fought hard. Remember this is a redone O-Line and is a work in progress.

TouchDown
09-08-2006, 10:17 AM
They were over the top in their praise of Ronnie. Gil Brandt remarked that Ronnie's yards after contact were nothing short of superb.

DolphinzD
09-08-2006, 10:19 AM
No, just no

Your avatar cracks me up.

DrewDaGreat
09-08-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm sick of your negative post's. Get outta here and become a Pat's fan.

We don't want him.

tay0365
09-08-2006, 10:20 AM

Well, actually we really don't have many problems, and of the few we have, most can be fixed with time.

In_Flames
09-08-2006, 10:20 AM
We don't want him.

:chuckle:

Dolphan23
09-08-2006, 10:21 AM
OMG is this guy serious!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!!?!!!!!??!!?!?!?

you are crazy...out right crazy.....i cant believe you would say that Ronnie should be a backup.....that my friend is pitiful...im disgusted right now.

finjim
09-08-2006, 10:26 AM

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

thanks! I needed that!

DolphinsFan23
09-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Like I noticed after the first few preseason games, the weak links on the 2006 Dolphins team are the offensive line and the DBs. Those are the two groups on the team that need to get the most attention from the coaches.

I would love to be able to hear what Coach Houck thinks is going on with the offensive line in a press conference. Maybe he can talk to Saban and then Saban can pass along what he's thinking. We're going to HAVE TO have a solid running game in order to open up the passing game ... and vice versa. We need some super quick, super strong offensive linemen with excellent technique to step up this year ...the whole offensive line needs to play well as a unit. Defenses like the Steelers are going to QUICKLY find our weak links and take advantage of them.

I don't think this year's #2 draft pick Reggie Bush (or Ricky Williams or anyone else) will do too well against teams like Pittsburgh unless he has a reasonably good offensive line. Ronnie just wasn't getting any running room. Most of the time they were right on him as he got to the line of scrimmage. SOMETHING is breaking down on the offensive line. Missed assignments or something ...maybe they were just getting physically beat. As I said before in another post, I'm starting to miss Seth McKinney and Joe Toledo now. We need all the alternatives we can get on the OL.

We need to have several ways to beat tough defenses like Pittsburgh's. In order to beat teams like Pittsburgh, you need to throw the kitchen sink at them ... and then go back and throw everything else you can find in the kitchen .... all very efficiently and with very few mistakes.

Daunte is going to need to avoid the costly mistakes ...easier said than done, I know. He needs to have consistent good technique with his footwork and throwing motion ... for the whole game. For some reason, with his big arm, it looked like he was throwing a few floaters off his back foot .... behind the receivers and a little bit late. He needs to know when to throw the rocket ball and when a touch pass would be appropriate. Maybe he just hasn't gotten used to the speed of the game just yet. Gotta admit, this was one hell of challenge for Daunte coming off his knee injury ... the Steelers in his FIRST GAME back.

It's been a while since Daunte was playing at MVP levels like in 2004. He'll get in the groove and get used to the speed and all the quick decision making. He better. I bet we're going to have several games this year where we're behind in the 4th quarter and Daunte is going to have to stay focused and calm and make good decisions ... a la Joe Montana .... and er, I hate to say it ... Tom Brady. Sometimes the best decision when the game is on the line is just to throw it away or run toward the sidelines and try to pick up 5-10 yards ... SLIDING when it is appropriate.

I'm not too worried about Daunte. I'm sure he'll be in the filmroom, talking to coaches, and working his butt off to make whatever adjustments are necessary. He probably wants a re-match with the Steelers in the playoffs bad now. He probably wants to have a huge game against the Patriots on 10/8 to prove to everyone that he can come through in big games with tough defenses .... "in the clutch" if necessary.

On defense, it looks like the DBs are having communication breakdowns like we saw in the preseason. We are still giving up big plays. Maybe the system is a little TOO complcated or risky or something? Is Zach supposed to be covering the tight end (Heath Miller) one on one? Shouldn't the safeties be helping him out? That big 80 yard pass to Miller is the thing that REALLY hurt us and drained off the momentum and confidence we had.

PerfectFinz72
09-08-2006, 10:51 AM
I have a feeling Dmancari23 will be run out of FInheaven town by week 10 when ronnie has had a bunch of good games.

I persoanlly dont understand why the Ronnie is a bust stuff started. I thought he was pretty good at times last year considering he was a rookie and often splitting time with Ricky. He had no where to run last night...at all. WHat do you want to guy to do, jump over the DLINE...or perhaps flying would make you happy?

Sphinx002
09-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Ok, I've posted on this elsewhere, but this thread is so over-the-top, I'll repeat a bit.

1. Ronnie is a stud, Cower would take him in a heart beat.
2. I just don't get giving up on the running game early. The Pitt D is known to wear down in the 4th quarter. You can't wear em' down if you aren't running at em'
3. The secondary isn't bad. What game were you guys watching? They held Pitt to 66 yeards in the first half. The Miller (almost) TD was a blown defensive call, which Saban admitted to making the goof. Other than that one play, what exactly did they do wrong? Pitt wasn't lighting it up in the air.
4. I just will never get the chicken little attitude on forums. Look for the positives (and there were a lot for the Phins in this game) and wish em luck next week.

Ronnie a back up...holy cow. Will take me the rest of the day to get the incredulous look off my face.

hellsapoppin
09-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah damn Ronnie for making all those negative plays into positive yardage :rolleyes: I guess someone is upset because we didn't draft injury-prone Cedric Benson???

djfresh47
09-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Just looking through some of the threads and it is very true of most Dolphins fans that the favorite player on the team is always a backup. I really didn't know that after one game fans could get such a definitive look at players to pass judgement on how they will play the rest of the year. Now knowing that most fans lack objectivity if the Dolphins would've won I would've expected threads like "Daunte is the best player in the league," or "Ronnie Brown is a top 5 back." Kinda funny how that works.

Krie30511
09-08-2006, 12:13 PM

We need people like you to stop posting

finmann
09-08-2006, 12:18 PM
He had no where to run last night...at all. WHat do you want to guy to do, jump over the DLINE...or perhaps flying would make you happy?

:sidelol::sidelol:I almost fell out of my chair.

PhinFan0202
09-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Brown wasn't too bad but to tell you the truth all the Hype I've heard about him here well he doesn't seem to live up to it. I'd keep him as the starter now Culpepper that another story, he sucked. He started out right where he left off last nov. :shakeno:

He didn't completely suck. He was having a good game up until the 4th quarter and to be honest he choked big time when he had to lead a game winning drive. He will be fine.

TRUDOLFAN54
09-08-2006, 12:47 PM
this thread is a joke right the pitt defence is the best in the league i knew we had our hands full i belive loosing this game was a good thing. we need to feed off this game and get really piised off and play like it the rest of the year we are going to be fine and so is ronnie i can't belive all the negative stuff after one game jeeeeeezzz.

larfo2224
09-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Looked to me like Ronnie was running hard the entire game. I thought he got a lot of contact in the backfield that slowed his momentum but knew he would have a tough game against the Steelers defense.

FanMarino
09-08-2006, 12:58 PM

You harp on about about their QB yet u fail to say that the Steeler D is untouched from last season. Get a reality check.

Enforcerfin33
09-08-2006, 01:06 PM
I guess someone is upset because we didn't draft injury-prone Cedric Benson???
Thank god we didn't, you see how well he's doing in Chi-town.

Sphinx002
09-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Another moronic thread. Ronnie doesn't have vision because he only got 30 yards in 15 tries. You see holes he didn't ....

Here are some stats big boys. Chew on this.

RICK WILLIAMS -

Year Game/Oppon Carries Yards
1999 - 6/Tenn 17 35
1999 - 9/Tampa 14 41
1999 - 17/Caro 14 7
2000 - 2/San D 24 50
2000 - 9/Ariz 21 54
2001 - 6/Atl 21 51
2001 - 13/Atl 15 41
2001 - 15/Tam 10 26
2001 - 17/SF 11 33
2002 - 6/Den 20 49
2002 - 10/NYJ 20 53
2003 - 5/NYG 22 39
2003 - 9/Ind 13 36
2003 - 10/Ten 13 37
2003 - 14/NE 25 68
2005 - 1/Tam 5 8
2005 - 2/Kan 6 -1
2005 - 10/NE 10 13
2005 - 14/San D 11 28

I guess Ricky lacked vision too...in fact I looked it up and according to you Ronnie haters...All backs lack vision.

I simply cannot fathom the IQ of some posts.

SkapePhin
09-08-2006, 01:31 PM
This thread should just be deleted...

G-Force
09-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Wow.

ManBearPig
09-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Dude just chill out. Ronnie went into Pittsburgh, prolly the most hostile environment you could go into considering they just won the superbowl and played against a top 3 rushing defense. Give the guy a break. And we didnt get beat handidly, we were beating them in the fourth quarter till we threw two costly interceptions. Did you really expect ronnie to come into pittsburgh and run for 150 yards? He did the best with what he had, he had no room to run all night. Take into consideration that Denver didnt even wanna play this game, so they turned it down and we took it. If everyone is gonna keep bitchin about this game, then go over to a steelers fan site. Maybe they can relate with you more over there.

Redneck Friend
09-08-2006, 01:42 PM
DMANCARI23:

you are correct.....sorta.

ronnie is not a starting tailback, that is why NO ONE other
than god saban has ever given him the job. but! he is
a great starting fullback. that is his natural position and
if someone put him there and used him right, he would be
a pro bowler and the best fb in the game.

i to didn't want ronnie brown and said so [much to the dismay
of the sabanists] many times BEFORE the draft when everyone
was saying that was the pic.

and taking a fb #2 overall and paying him 20+ mill is absurd,
and like the signing of fiedler by wanny, this move will set
the finz back a good 4-5 years.

no coincidence that the run game last year didn't take off
untill RICKY WILLIAMS got going. that got teams fearing
run and ronnie benifited from the ricky fear just as he
benefited from cadillac puting the fear of god into teams
while at auburn.

our defense is damned good! our dt's were absolute
monsters last night and the db support for the run
was the best i have seen from the finz in years!
but pitt has a REAL tailback with real speed and
real moves and he got around our D, just as ricky
used to do to good defenses.

yes, ronnie sucked a huge one last night, but this loss
lands absolutely squarely on the lap of NICK SABAN.
never have i seen a coach so timid and unddecisive in
a game. from not challenging calls to the flag fiasco
and just poor game mangement and playcalling, he
really looked the part of college coach!

AND WHY GOD SABAN ALLOWS BENNY ANDERSON to
play on this line is absolutely ridiculous!!!!

Enforcerfin33
09-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Wow.
NOt like you to be speechless :lol:

Vertical Limit
09-08-2006, 01:45 PM
DMANCARI23:

ronnie is not a strting tailback, that is why NO ONE other

of the sabanists] many times BEFORE the draft when many
were saying that was the pic.

while at auburn.

AND WHY GOD ALLOWS BENNY ANDERSON to play
on this line is absolutely ridiculous!!!!
Wow, now I read everything. Ronnie Brown is a great starting fullback?

Please, SOMEONE DELETE THIS THREAD.

G-Force
09-08-2006, 01:46 PM
NOt like you to be speechless :lol:My grandparents brought me up that if I had nothing nice to say then say nothing at all.:evil:

tay0365
09-08-2006, 01:59 PM
My grandparents brought me up that if I had nothing nice to say then say nothing at all.:evil:

:lol: A good way to live your life, I was also brought up that way, but I am finding it hard with some of these threads. :tantrum:

G-Force
09-08-2006, 02:04 PM
:lol: A good way to live your life, I was also brought up that way, but I am finding it hard with some of these threads. :tantrum:I know what you mean. Someone just tried to bash me for saying were going 15-1 till proven otherwise. I don't see the purpose of some of the people watching games if they expect us to lose. Losses just pisses me of till the next week and why would I want to be like that?

Redneck Friend
09-08-2006, 02:05 PM
VERTICAL:

lets see if you know your football history...

what position did ronnie brown play in
college the WHOLE TIME he was there?

can ya guess?

G-Force
09-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Ohh BTW guys I got another warning the other day for calling someone a child and have to hold back. Not that I want to ever insult anyone anyway.:evil:

cnc66
09-08-2006, 02:07 PM
DMANCARI23:

ronnie is not a starting tailback, that is why NO ONE other

of the sabanists] many times BEFORE the draft when everyone
was saying that was the pic.

while at auburn.

our defense is damned good! our dt's were absolute
monsters last night and the db support for the run
was the best i have seen from the finz in years!
but pitt has a REAL tailback with real speed and
real moves and he got around our D, just as ricky
used to do to good defenses.

AND WHY GOD SABAN ALLOWS BENNY ANDERSON to
play on this line is absolutely ridiculous!!!!

you are so efn tired with your hateful posts about Ronnie..and the team, you really disgust me

Sethdaddy8
09-08-2006, 02:08 PM
delete this garbage thread.

Enforcerfin33
09-08-2006, 02:10 PM
you are so efn tired with your hateful posts about Ronnie..and the team, you really disgust me
amen man....haters go take a nap.

primetime23
09-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Please Ban this guy, he has a personal vendetta against Ronnie Brown.

lol what???? none of what you said there made any sense at all

DolfinDave
09-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Another moronic thread. Ronnie doesn't have vision because he only got 30 yards in 15 tries. You see holes he didn't ....

Here are some stats big boys. Chew on this.

RICK WILLIAMS -

Year Game/Oppon Carries Yards
1999 - 6/Tenn 17 35
1999 - 9/Tampa 14 41
1999 - 17/Caro 14 7
2000 - 2/San D 24 50
2000 - 9/Ariz 21 54
2001 - 6/Atl 21 51
2001 - 13/Atl 15 41
2001 - 15/Tam 10 26
2001 - 17/SF 11 33
2002 - 6/Den 20 49
2002 - 10/NYJ 20 53
2003 - 5/NYG 22 39
2003 - 9/Ind 13 36
2003 - 10/Ten 13 37
2003 - 14/NE 25 68
2005 - 1/Tam 5 8
2005 - 2/Kan 6 -1
2005 - 10/NE 10 13
2005 - 14/San D 11 28

I guess Ricky lacked vision too...in fact I looked it up and according to you Ronnie haters...All backs lack vision.

I simply cannot fathom the IQ of some posts.

Good call. The Steelers defense is always top of the league against the run. Some of you people need to learn a lot about football.

Phinfanatic84
09-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Good for you, and you taping it. That doesn't prove anything. I saw the game as well so stop. He didn't play great, but he wasn't bad either. Ronnie scored two TDs for Miami, plus he made big catches, so stop. He made plays out of nothing. Guys were all over him all game, yet he made runs when he had space. Another thing, he made nice cuts and did show good vision for you guys that can't see.

It's a good thing coaches don't go back and watch film to catch things that they may have missed during their initial evaluations just because they watched it live. You can keep your homer glasses on...that's fine. There were runs where Ronnie was hesitant hitting the hole and it closed up on him. Ronnie's 5 yard TD run was a good solid run but excuse me if I EXPECT a 230+ pound power back to win the collision against a safety and score from 2 yards out. After I go back over the whole game, I'm PM with the exact runs and time that they took place in the game so you can take your homer glasses off and watch the game again.

Bumrush
09-08-2006, 08:18 PM
It's a good thing coaches don't go back and watch film to catch things that they may have missed during their initial evaluations just because they watched it live. You can keep your homer glasses on...that's fine. There were runs where Ronnie was hesitant hitting the hole and it closed up on him. Ronnie's 5 yard TD run was a good solid run but excuse me if I EXPECT a 230+ pound power back to win the collision against a safety and score from 2 yards out. After I go back over the whole game, I'm PM with the exact runs and time that they took place in the game so you can take your homer glasses off and watch the game again.

Agreed. The problem with these forums (heck I have been browsing here for many years) is that the homer glasses NEVER come off. The year the Dolphins went 4-12 I predicted a 7-9 season and was flamed to death and accused of being a Bills fan. Those of us that have been watching football for decades and have had the blinders taken off after years of playoff dissapointment have good reason to question the next "savior" that is going to bring this team a long awaited and long overdue championship.

Number 2 draft picks, especially running backs need to make an immediate impact on the game. While Ronnie Brown has shown flashes of brilliance, I don't see him as the explosive back he should be, let alone a top 8 back in the league. He takes too much time and waits too long for the play to develop before exploding through the line.

The sad thing is that when he catches the ball, his explosive skills and ability to change games shines. I wish he had the same mentality when it came to rushing, grab the handoff, scan the field for a split second and burst through whatever hole you see or whatever hole you see developing. Instead, he seems to rush a little the right, side step to the left, move forward slowly, then drag a couple guys down with him after finally accelerating.. Call me crazy, but like a QB that has poor mechanics, I see his field vision as being a limiting factor in his rushing abilities.

Phinfanatic84
09-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Agreed. The problem with these forums (heck I have been browsing here for many years) is that the homer glasses NEVER come off. The year the Dolphins went 4-12 I predicted a 7-9 season and was flamed to death and accused of being a Bills fan. Those of us that have been watching football for decades and have had the blinders taken off after years of playoff dissapointment have good reason to question the next "savior" that is going to bring this team a long awaited and long overdue championship.

Number 2 draft picks, especially running backs need to make an immediate impact on the game. While Ronnie Brown has shown flashes of brilliance, I don't see him as the explosive back he should be, let alone a top 8 back in the league. He takes too much time and waits too long for the play to develop before exploding through the line.

The sad thing is that when he catches the ball, his explosive skills and ability to change games shines. I wish he had the same mentality when it came to rushing, grab the handoff, scan the field for a split second and burst through whatever hole you see or whatever hole you see developing. Instead, he seems to rush a little the right, side step to the left, move forward slowly, then drag a couple guys down with him after finally accelerating.. Call me crazy, but like a QB that has poor mechanics, I see his field vision as being a limiting factor in his rushing abilities.

Here are all of Ronnie's runs:
* First offensive play of the game- Ronnie took a false step, lifting his left foot up in the air about 4 inches and then putting it straight back down in the same spot before taking off for the handoff (hesitation or timing issue?) Result was a 3 yard gain

* 1st qtr-13:54 - Ronnie runs off tackle to the right. Polamalu meets him at the LOS but Ronnie is running straight up and it is stopped in his track by Polamalu and then thrown back by Aaron Smith for no gain.

* 1st qtr-13:07- Again, Ronnie takes a false step lifting his left foot up in the air then putting it straight back down. Shelton, James, & Hadnot whif on their guys and Ronnie squats down to duck the tackle and goes down for a 3 yard loss.

* 1st qtr-7:52- This play was supposed to be a flea-flicker but Brown holds on to avoid tossing it to a Steeler being blocked by Shelton. Ronnie cuts to the right and tries to run to the outside instead of cutting back up the middle where a huge hole was. Result was a 4 yard gain.

* 2nd qtr-14:14- Ronnie runs off tackle to the left with Jeno James pulling on the trap block. James hit Polamalu but slids to the ground and Ronnie cuts back turning a 1 yard loss into a 2 yard gain. Good run.

* 2nd qtr-11:46- Ronnie runs off tackle to the right between Carey & McMichael with James pulling to kick out the ILB & Barnes hitting the OLB. Ronnie runs into the pile then tries to bounce it outside but Keisel catches him with the backside pursuit. Ronnie would've been tackled by the ILB anyway b/c James missed his block. Result was no gain.

* 2nd qtr-11:17- Barnes goes into motion to an offset I formation. Ronnie takes the handoff and runs off tackle until he sees Polamalu flying up. Shelton sheds off of Aaron Smith and hits Polamalu but Ronnie cuts it inside and Polamalu wraps up his legs as Troy is falling to the ground. Result is no gain.

* 2nd qtr-5:20- Ronnie is lined up as the full back as Chambers motions to the tail back spot. Ronnie takes the fullback dive as Bennie Anderson and Vernon Carey drive both of their guys back to the goal line. Polamalu slids down the L.O.S. but Welker gets a shoulder on him & Troy's right arm slids down Ronnie's right leg. Ronnie dives into the end zone with Ryan Clark hitting him with no success. Result was a 2 yard TD for Ronnie.

* 3rd qtr-9:28- Power left formation with two TE's on the left with Chambers as the flanker going in motion to the right. Toss sweep left-both TE's block down, Shelton & James both pull to the left. Shelton pancakes Ike Taylor as he shuts into the back field. James heads upfield and seals off Larry Foote. Polamalu fills the lane and hits Ronnie. Ronnie spins off of Troy but is hit by Farrior for a 3 yard gain.

* 3rd qtr-8:08- Ronnie's lined up as the single back. Chambers has a crack back on Ryan Clark-Carey & McMichael trap block forming a nice hole- Ronnie does an unneccessary studder step then hits the hole. Ike Taylor comes up fills the hole but slids down onto his knees as Ronnie lowers his shoulders and gains an additional 2 yards for a 5 yard gain.

* 3rd qtr-7:08- Power left formation with two TE's on the left. Ronnie runs a counter right. Bennie Anderson drives Rodney Bailey into the ground. Vernon Carey drives Clark Haggans about 7 yards down field-Barnes kicks out the OLB & Chambers runs too far inside & misses his block on Ike Taylor but Ronnie jukes Taylor but cutting back inside and into the arms of Ryan Clark who came up from his safety position to make the tackle after a gain of 8 yards.

* 3rd qtr-6:16- Barnes motions to an offset I formation. Bennie Anderson and Carey both knock their men to the ground. Barnes heads up the middle drawing in the LB's and Culpepper pitches it outside to Brown. Chambers holds his block just long enough to let Ronnie meet Ike Taylor at the goal line. Result was a 5 yard TD for Brown.

* 4th qtr-7:50- Barnes is lined up in an offset I to the right, Chambers as the flanker motions to the right. Culpepper fakes the split end screen to Booker on the left & hands off to Ronnie. Barnes kicks out a blitzing Polamalu. Carey, Anderson, & Hadnot seal off the inside giving Brown a hole to the outside but Ronnie keeps running straight upfield into James Farrior for a 3 yard gain.

* 4th qtr-7:11- 3 WR's, Twins right formation. Culpepper fakes to Barnes & pitches to the right to Ronnie. The DE ties up Shelton. Booker blocks the corner, OLB-Joey Porter flies into the backfield but stops & keeps contain. NT throws Jeno James to the ground & fills the middle. Ronnie comes to a complete stop (didn't try to outrun Porter to the outside or try to run him over) and cuts inside only to run into the backside pursuit from the blitzing Ike Taylor which results in a 2 yard loss.

That's all 14 of his carries. I believe they're counting the fumbled handoff on the reverse to Chambers a rushing attempt for Ronnie for 0 yards and a fumble while giving Chambers a fumble recovery.

IMO Ronnie is going to be a very good back but his receiving skills seem a notch or two ahead of his rushing skills at this point.

PassRush
09-08-2006, 10:53 PM
I hate to generalize all of us Dolphins fans, but very few of us are ever happy. In the case of the person who started this debacle of a thread, aparently does not understand the importance of run blocking. We finally have all the peices(Our secondary will be servicable once we get Travis Daniels back in the lineup); we have a franchise quarterback, top third running back and awesome recievers. We lose one game to the best defense in the league on their night, all of the sudden it turns into "FIRE EVERYBODY, CUT EVERYBODY", not to mention "START JOEY, START CLEO, TRADE FOR [insert any good fantasy back with a rediculus cap number]."

Please, lets take everything at face value, we lost to the Super Bowl champions, on their night. Denver was origionaly slated to play last night, they refused to walk into that winless situation. The NFL was basicly counting on us to make them look good; we gave them a hell of a game and lost. Its not the end of the world.

John Biello
09-08-2006, 10:54 PM
pass rush the voice of reason lol. look at how this thread blew up, this troll got what he set out to do...

cnc66
09-09-2006, 09:10 AM

this thread is so bad the enemy is laughing at you in the depths... at YOU

Ronnie Bass
09-09-2006, 11:38 AM
This message is hidden because Dmancari23 is on your ignore list.

Ronnie Bass
09-09-2006, 11:44 AM
He takes too much time and waits too long for the play to develop before exploding through the line.

Perhaps it's because there are no holes to run through? I mean what do you want him to do, explode through three Steeler defenders standing in the middle of where his hole is suppose to be?

There is not a running back in the NFL who could have success running behind our OL and against the Steelers defense Thursday night.

Fin Fan in Cali
09-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Ronnie Brown is not a starting RB, I've said it since DAY ONE. He had a great combine and great workouts and catapulted up the draft boards. It happens to a handful of players every year. Where are all the people who were predicting a monster game? Where are all the people who predicted that the running game would have it together come the regular season? EXACTLY. Reality has set in. No it's not the end of the world, it's one game, but this Pittsburgh team is a beatable team and if this is any barometer of how we will play throughout the season it will be a LONG year. That pro bowler Chambers looked excellent tonight too. Wow. It's called reality folks. We got beat by a team with their backup QB handily. 0-1.As a fan you need to give this time this year before you throw Ronnie Brown under the bus, and call him a bust. I see that you don't like him, but at least support him now, and if at the end of the year things didn't go so well, then you can be critical. It seems to me that you aren't being true to your team with posts like this. Is the Miami Dolphins the right team for you?

Dmancari23
09-09-2006, 12:33 PM
As a fan you need to give this time this year before you throw Ronnie Brown under the bus, and call him a bust. I see that you don't like him, but at least support him now, and if at the end of the year things didn't go so well, then you can be critical. It seems to me that you aren't being true to your team with posts like this. Is the Miami Dolphins the right team for you?I can appreciate what you said there. However I'm not calling Ronnie Brown a bust. Never have. What I HAVE said is that he wasn't a first round pick let alone #2. He lacks instincts and burst when he first gets the ball and that is the most critical time. The holes were there, they just closed up before he reacted to what he was seeing. I'm not a fan of Ronnie Brown, period. We could've done ALOT more with that pick to get more pieces. He was a backup in college and I haven't seen anything to prove that he could be a top 15 running back in this league yet. IF it happens, that's great, I would be more than happy to eat my words, because I have been wrong before, but unfortunately I am right alot more than I'm wrong. I predicted 4-12 and exact losses on our horror season and I was flamed for that. I am a true die-hard Phins fan, BUT I refuse to, as another fine poster said here, wear my homer glasses 100% of the time. There were more than 100 posters who said Ronnie would run for 100+ yards and we would win EASILY!!!!!!!!! I was not one of them, but I still love the Phins. I for one question the fans logic here. They say Pitts D is great but all of them would classify our Run D as great also, yet an undrafted running back can absolutely dominate the game and run for what, 100+ yards. Fans make too many excuses for players not getting their jobs done. If Ronnie were GETTING HIS JOB DONE running the ball, I would bet my bottom dollar we wouldn't have gone away from the run. To blame the playcalling and the OLINE is ludacris and just shows a blanket lack of knowledge about the game. If the running back was doing his job, we would've continued to jam the ball down their throats, like we did with Ricky Williams. This is why I can't stand the "Ronnie played great" and the "Ronnie will be a stud" "Ronnie is a top 5 back in the league" posts because NONE of them are further from reality than these!

I made sure to put some of this in bold because I want people to see that ultimately I DO want Ronnie to be successful and would be overjoyed with eating my words.

pwn3dyo
09-09-2006, 12:47 PM
please, let this thread die. Anyone who says Ronnie isn't a starting RB is an idiot...

cnc66
09-09-2006, 12:50 PM
please, let this thread die. Anyone who says Ronnie isn't a starting RB is an idiot...

I agree

Boomer
09-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Anyone who claims Brown isn't a starting back should be banned from the interweb

cnc66
09-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Anyone who claims Brown isn't a starting back should be banned from the interweb

get on um Simon !!!

g-day mate ...

Boomer
09-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Some people Marty.......

How are you my friend?

cnc66
09-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Some people Marty.......

How are you my friend?

I am fine thank you, about to watch the game again.

Boomer
09-09-2006, 01:06 PM
LOL. I'm enjoying Auburn/Mississippi State

Dors156
09-09-2006, 01:55 PM
:shakeno:

i dont think backups get 2 touchdowns

Csonka39
09-09-2006, 02:33 PM
your a jet fan right? did you watch the same game we did?

cnc66
09-09-2006, 02:36 PM
your a jet fan right? did you watch the same game we did?

he's obviously having Ricky's baby, cut him some slack....:cooldude:

DolfinDave
09-09-2006, 04:28 PM

How would you explain him having more yards per carry than a guy like Cadillac Williams and having 900 yards on limited carries?

oodolphins
09-09-2006, 04:48 PM

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! DO US A FAVOR. NEVER, EVER POST HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fire: :shakeno: :fire: :tantrum: :shakeno: :fire:

cnc66
09-09-2006, 05:04 PM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! DO US A FAVOR. NEVER, EVER POST HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fire: :shakeno: :fire: :tantrum: :shakeno: :fire:

no way, pure gold... what do we have..230 something posts... gold I say

Dmancari23
09-09-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm not going anywhere. Just because I don't share the same opinion as you guys on everything does't make me wrong, nor does it make me a lesser Phin fan than people here. It is what it is, get over it. Do some of you come here just to downright bash others for going against the grain and not joining in with the masses? That's what makes people like myself LEADERS and not FOLLOWERS as alot of people here are. We don't always go with the popular opinion because we tend to see faults in it. You guys can continue to bash me, I fine with it, but it won't turn me from the site, and it won't turn me into a follower. With that said, I hope Lee Suggs is getting ready REALLY fast.

TotoreMexico
09-09-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm not going anywhere. Just because I don't share the same opinion as you guys on everything does't make me wrong, nor does it make me a lesser Phin fan than people here. It is what it is, get over it. Do some of you come here just to downright bash others for going against the grain and not joining in with the masses? That's what makes people like myself LEADERS and not FOLLOWERS as alot of people here are. We don't always go with the popular opinion because we tend to see faults in it. You guys can continue to bash me, I fine with it, but it won't turn me from the site, and it won't turn me into a follower. With that said, I hope Lee Suggs is getting ready REALLY fast.

Oh yeah, you are the LEADER of the Ronnie, Culpepper and McMichael haters!

Kdawg954
09-09-2006, 05:13 PM

Its not about going against the masses . . .its about having atleast a formidable opinion . . .which u obviously don't have. U ARE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE!! You say things about Ronnie but none of it is justifiable . . . u can't be a leader if nobody follows WTF u are saying.

cnc66
09-09-2006, 05:16 PM

leader...yup, that's you... of the hardheads...I'm in the homers myself...:goof:

bluehaze
09-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Why do the dumbest threads always end up with 17 pages of replies? :sidelol:

Don't feed the trolls!

phinfan_1
09-09-2006, 05:21 PM

I think your just to used to seeing Ricky run...he's still not up to the caliber of Ricky..but I thought he ran excellent considering what the defense gave him...his pass recieving really impressed me..very soft hands..I think he's going to be a big weapon this year.

Kdawg954
09-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Man Dman I gotta tell u . . .I don't usually view the posts of other people . . .but I just had to see how big of a Fins Hater u are.

First u say Mare is too old and isn't a good kicker anymore. . . U have listed Chambers OUTSIDE your top 10 receivers . . . we all know u HATE Ronnie Brown (and this thread isn't the first time u have let us know this). . . u didn't like CPep comming here . . u were totally against JaAllen comming here . . . u question the Nick SAban yourself saying he hasn't done anything since he has been here, U didn't like the fact that Marcus Vick was improving and doing well in preseason/TC . . . u are not optimistic about anything Miami does to improve themselves . . . so I must ask . . . Why are u here? Do u like the attention of people thinking that you are a complete moron? Or do just have nothing else to do? Please enlighten us

**edit** He is not fond of McMichael either

TotoreMexico
09-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Man Dman I gotta tell u . . .I don't usually view the posts of other people . . .but I just had to see how big of a Fins Hater u are.

First u say Mare is too old and isn't a good kicker anymore. . . U have listed Chambers OUTSIDE your top 10 receivers . . . we all know u HATE Ronnie Brown (and this thread isn't the first time u have let us know this). . . u didn't like CPep comming here . . u were totally against JaAllen comming here . . . u question the Nick SAban yourself saying he hasn't done anything since he has been here, U didn't like the fact that Marcus Vick was improving and doing well in preseason/TC . . . u are not optimistic about anything Miami does to improve themselves . . . so I must ask . . . Why are u here? Do u like the attention of people thinking that you are a complete moron? Or do just have nothing else to do? Please enlighten us

You forgot McMichael:rolleyes:

Kdawg954
09-09-2006, 05:28 PM
You forgot McMichael:rolleyes:

My bad

PressCoverage
09-09-2006, 05:34 PM
i'm not going to bash you for your RB opinion... but you don't seem like much of a leader...

anyhow, my personal opinion is that Ronnie Brown does have a lot to learn about getting the most out of every carry, but he far and away makes up for that with his toughness and all-around natural ability ... he picks up the blitz well, he has phenominal hands and feel for the passing game, he runs tough, with a bit of juice and excellent speed.... let's face it, folks, this offensive line is no better than average, all the way across the board... all the coaching in the world can't fix that... can you imagine the damage Brown would do behind Cincy's hogs? KC's?... he really had no room to run against an excellent Steelers run defense... there's a reason why the Pats pretty much own Pittsburgh: they scrap the run almost entirely... why bother?

that being said, Brown's 8-yard red zone run the other night was a thing of beauty... the pitch was bad, the blocking worse, but Brown faked Ike Taylor out of his jock, as well as the guy behind him...

one thing that does bother me about his running style is that he's still constantly cutting it back inside on the second level, rather than bouncing runs outside and maximizing yardage along the sideline... say what you want about runners who avoid contact, but the great ones string most plays outside, avoiding big hits from all potential directions, avoiding fumble probability, and usually gaining much more yards than they would squaring off with the safeties between the hash marks... it was nice to watch him destroy SEC safeties in college, but with the big boys, what's the point? get the yards.... i would like to see Ronnie hit it up inside, sure, but then make that one quick cut and get outside when its there... the way Terrell Davis used to... I'm very confident he will gain that instinct...

Regardless, the Dolphins' blocking needs to really get its timing and cohesion down... it's the difference between a 1,100-yard season for Brown, or a 1,500-plus one...

Mr Fan
09-10-2006, 12:13 AM
A backup is a tad strong. Although I have said it before Ronnie Brown IS NOT a game or momentum changer. He has not shown any ability to take over a game.

He reminds me more and more each game of a bigger faster Tony Nathan. Which is not terrible comparsion, however for the #2 pick overall and 20 million in bonus money I EXPECT AND DEMAND more.

Now stop being such homers and admit the truth based upon the evidence.

Swantoon
09-10-2006, 02:45 AM

I was laughing really hard when I read this, until I realized it wasn't a joke.
Say all you want about Ronnie not being elite, but when you say he is a backup you are just trying to get a reaction from people period.