PDA

View Full Version : ***BREAKING NINTENDO Wii NEWS!***

Link
09-14-2006, 02:36 AM
Out of Japan: December 2 launch and 25,000 yen ($215.51) price for Japan.

The console comes with the following:

Wii console
Wii remote (w/ strap)
nunchuck attachment
Wii AC adaptor
Wii A/V cable
Wii console stand
sensor bar
sensor bar stand
and two AA batteries.

The classic controller will cost 1800 yen (15-20 dollars from my calculations)

Virtual Console Games:

500 yen for NES games (4-5 dollars again my calculations)
800 yen for SNES games (7 dollars)
1000 yen for N64 games (8-10 dollars)

I will edit this with the US exchange rate prices in a bit.

Link
09-14-2006, 02:45 AM
Ok, the US prices are added according to my calculations using the exchange rate.

Alex44
09-14-2006, 03:49 AM
Awesome, but what about the American Launch date? Any clue on that?

Link
09-14-2006, 03:52 AM
Awesome, but what about the American Launch date? Any clue on that?

Not yet. We are all waiting for 11am EST. If I had to guess, its going to be between November 9th and the 15th. Nintendo wants to beat sony out of the gate.

Alex44
09-14-2006, 03:54 AM
Stupid question but what are the AA batteries for? The Controller? And am I going to have to keep running out and buying batteries......

Link
09-14-2006, 03:58 AM
Stupid question but what are the AA batteries for? The Controller? And am I going to have to keep running out and buying batteries......

That would be my guess. From what I have heard it is very efficent and will run on them for a pretty long time.

mor911
09-14-2006, 07:41 AM
The US price will be $250.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157572.html

Forget conversion rates. The 360 (core) costs under $100 in Japan, it has nothing to do with the US price.

Stitches
09-14-2006, 08:10 AM

Wii console
Wii remote (w/ strap)
nunchuck attachment
Wii AC adaptor
Wii A/V cable
Wii console stand
sensor bar
sensor bar stand
and two AA batteries.

The classic controller will cost 1800 yen (15-20 dollars from my calculations)

Virtual Console Games:

500 yen for NES games (4-5 dollars again my calculations)
800 yen for SNES games (7 dollars)
1000 yen for N64 games (8-10 dollars)

I will edit this with the US exchange rate prices in a bit.

I thought all virtual console titles were $5? That kind of makes me less likely to get it(at least right away) if I have to pay twice as much for 64 games, and 1.5 times for snes games.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-14-2006, 09:08 AM
you wouldn't buy the wii because the N64 games on the virtual console will be 10 bucks instead of 5? seems like a pretty minor thing.

Bruzer
09-14-2006, 09:34 AM
250$ is not a bad price... This may be my first system of next gen and then ps3. I just cant wait for zelda. Im a nintendo fan at heart they have just been having troubles getting out the games i like. I loved nintendo for adventure games and I don't see those as much and if they are done they are not very good.

Stitches
09-14-2006, 09:36 AM
you wouldn't buy the wii because the N64 games on the virtual console will be 10 bucks instead of 5? seems like a pretty minor thing.

Well, I already have a 360, and the main reason for me to get the Wii right away would be the older games. It's not so much the 64 games, but the SNES games. There are a lot of good SNES games, and if the are 1.5 times as much as an NES game, that can add up quick. And for me at least anyways, it is way easier to find 64 games I would want in cartridge then it would be for NES and SNES anyways. So I don't see why they should cost me more. Although they probably aren't charging due to availability.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-14-2006, 10:09 AM
ya need to find some ROMs. ;)

Phin-o-rama
09-14-2006, 10:11 AM
250 is a little much for a gamecube with a new controller....480i for the lose

mor911
09-14-2006, 10:11 AM
ya need to find some ROMs. ;):yes:
Don't know why people make a big deal to pay $5-$10 for nes-n64 titles when they're all free :lol:

Got em all (on my xbox and PC) perfectly emulated.

UCFinfan86
09-14-2006, 10:36 AM
I never really got into the wii thing, what exaclty is it, Like is it basically the same thing as like the N64 were you can play the older games with better graphics?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-14-2006, 10:39 AM
:yes:
Don't know why people make a big deal to pay $5-$10 for nes-n64 titles when they're all free :lol:

:yes: even low-end PC's can emulate NES-N64 games very well.

although the novelty of playing the games on the Wii is endearing, i guess,.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-14-2006, 10:42 AM
I never really got into the wii thing, what exaclty is it, Like is it basically the same thing as like the N64 were you can play the older games with better graphics?
:hmmm: that's not what the N64 was at all.

Stitches
09-14-2006, 11:19 AM
:yes:

I know I could get them for my PC. But half the reason to get the Wii for me was to get the games and have them be relatively portable(unlike my pc). That's why over $5 is a big deal. I know all about roms and emlators. I've used them for years. In fact i need to try and buy my friend's MAME cabinet off him. That would keep me entertained forever.

Link
09-14-2006, 11:35 AM
This is just to help bring people up to date. Here are the details from the US Wii Day Event.

"The worldwide debut of the Wii system happens right here in the Americas -- the same place where we debuted Nintendo DS. On November 19, it will be available at more than 25,000 points of distribution across the Americas. And with a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $249.99. One price. One configuration. One color." said Reggie. The color is white and Wii sports is included. Wii Sports is made up of five games: Wii Tennis Wii Golf, Wii Baseball, Wii Bowling and Wii Boxing. Other then that the package is the same as what I have previously mentioned for the Japanese launch.

- 30 games available in launch period. Half of them on launch day.
- 30 Virtual Console games by years end. 10 more to be added each month.
- Wii channels announced. There will be many channels that let you look at photos, videos, check the news and weather, shop, and browse the internet. More will be added.
- Link is now right handed.
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is now a Early 2007 title.

UCFinfan86
09-14-2006, 11:38 AM
:hmmm: that's not what the N64 was at all.

No i was asking if like the Wii is a N64 just with better graphics, or what it is b/c i don't know ANYTHIGN at all about the wii, from the little i have read it doens't sound like a PS3 or 360

Link
09-14-2006, 11:50 AM
No i was asking if like the Wii is a N64 just with better graphics, or what it is b/c i don't know ANYTHIGN at all about the wii, from the little i have read it doens't sound like a PS3 or 360

http://wii.nintendo.com/index.html

UCFinfan86
09-14-2006, 11:53 AM
so its like a virtual reality thing

Link
09-14-2006, 12:03 PM
so its like a virtual reality thing

Not quite, but it does offer the most interactive gaming experience to date.

NewEra8
09-14-2006, 12:25 PM

Wii console
Wii remote (w/ strap)
nunchuck attachment
Wii AC adaptor
Wii A/V cable
Wii console stand
sensor bar
sensor bar stand
and two AA batteries.

Whhhhaaaaaaa?

Mike13
09-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Link is now right handed

I thought he was left handed.

UCFinfan86
09-14-2006, 01:14 PM
Whhhhaaaaaaa?

its a type of controller

Mav1323
09-14-2006, 02:17 PM
The Wii is seeming better and better everyday. With the $250 price and a realease date just 2 days after the PS3, it will easilly be able to compete with Sony. Plus, Sony is only releasing 400,000 units in North America on launch and with a $600 price tag and games rumored to cost from $60-$100, the PS3 might be a bit too expensive for the average gamer. I'm a huge Sony fan but they are getting ridiculous. Also, about the AA batteries... that's one thing that PS3 has over the Wii. The PS3 controllers plug into the system to charge. Kinda like your cell phones. You can also play while the controller is charging. So at least you'll save money on batteries :). Overall, the Wii is really a Gamecube 1.5 with a new controller and the PS3 is more like the PS4 and both will have downloadable games and free online play. The difference is, $250 vs. $600 and improved graphics (Wii) vs. increadable graphics (PS3). So I think the PS3 is hands down the better system out of the 3 next-gen's but the question is, is it worth the $600 pricetag? Honestly, I'm not sure.

NewEra8
09-14-2006, 03:02 PM
its a type of controller

Damn... cause I have some sweet nunchuck skills...

Stitches
09-14-2006, 03:24 PM
The Wii is seeming better and better everyday. With the $250 price and a realease date just 2 days after the PS3, it will easilly be able to compete with Sony. Plus, Sony is only releasing 400,000 units in North America on launch and with a $600 price tag and games rumored to cost from $60-$100, the PS3 might be a bit too expensive for the average gamer. I'm a huge Sony fan but they are getting ridiculous. Also, about the AA batteries... that's one thing that PS3 has over the Wii. The PS3 controllers plug into the system to charge. Kinda like your cell phones. You can also play while the controller is charging. So at least you'll save money on batteries :). Overall, the Wii is really a Gamecube 1.5 with a new controller and the PS3 is more like the PS4 and both will have downloadable games and free online play. The difference is, $250 vs. $600 and improved graphics (Wii) vs. increadable graphics (PS3). So I think the PS3 is hands down the better system out of the 3 next-gen's but the question is, is it worth the $600 pricetag? Honestly, I'm not sure.

1st, I don't really think that Nintendo is trying to compete directly with the 360 or PS3. Those two systems cater to a different type of gamer for the most part. Obviously with the low price point, the Wii is trying to work it's way into more households, but not as a result of competition with others. If the Wii was really trying to compete, it would come out earlier or the same day as the PS3. The Wii is simply trying to be the most effective system it can be, by reaching as many people as possible.

2nd, I understand you said "I think," so it is your opinion. However, to argue that it is the better system(outside of system capabilities) is foolish. It is too early to decide which system is best, because how good a system is, is affected by promotion, games, execution, price, timeing, and a myriad of other things. If it weren't, the 3DO, the Saturn, and the Dreamcast would have probably been hands down the best systems available of thier generation.

Bruzer
09-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Yea as stated above nintendo is trying to focus less on graphics and more on gameplay. Which I admire them for becuase so many games now are focusing on graphics gameplay is just not what it use to be. Hopefully Wii makes a fun experience.

Mav1323
09-14-2006, 04:47 PM
1st, I don't really think that Nintendo is trying to compete directly with the 360 or PS3. Those two systems cater to a different type of gamer for the most part. Obviously with the low price point, the Wii is trying to work it's way into more households, but not as a result of competition with others. If the Wii was really trying to compete, it would come out earlier or the same day as the PS3. The Wii is simply trying to be the most effective system it can be, by reaching as many people as possible.

2nd, I understand you said "I think," so it is your opinion. However, to argue that it is the better system(outside of system capabilities) is foolish. It is too early to decide which system is best, because how good a system is, is affected by promotion, games, execution, price, timeing, and a myriad of other things. If it weren't, the 3DO, the Saturn, and the Dreamcast would have probably been hands down the best systems available of thier generation.

The simple fact is, it is a competition. All three companies want the same thing, to have the most units sold. period. That in itself is the essence of competition.

Those things you said about what makes a good system isn't necessarilly true. Those things make a system sell more units but just becuase a system has sold more than another one doesn't make it better. But you're right. It is too early to determine which system will be the best but as of right now, all signs point to Sony. Even if Sony does have the "best" system, it still faces a lot of problems. The Wii will still sell more by the end of the year becuase of the shortage of PS3's and the low pricetag on the Wii. Sony has a ton of work ahead if them if the PS3 is going to be successful, regardless of how great system/games are. Nintendo is going to put out a great system with a low price and all 1st party games will be $50 or less (yes, that's confirmed). That's going to be very hard for Sony to compete with.

Link
09-14-2006, 05:52 PM
I thought he was left handed.

He was, but now that they are using the Wii-mote for Sword movements they made him right handed. Here is a picture of it.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Its kind of weird seeing that, but I am sure we will get use to it.

Mike13
09-14-2006, 11:25 PM
He was, but now that they are using the Wii-mote for Sword movements they made him right handed. Here is a picture of it.

http://www.nintendo-universe.com/gallery/data/media/37/TP-Wii-Day-1.jpg

Its kind of weird seeing that, but I am sure we will get use to it.

Thats a cool pic, Too bad the gamecube version won't come out until a little bit later. I'm going to get the Wii but I'll wait for a little bit t get one.
The Wii is looking better and better though, and with all that crap they addded, It will keep me entertained until there's a price drop for the PS3, whenever that is.
Also I heard that there is going to be an FFXII prequel for the DS.

Bruzer
09-15-2006, 08:09 AM
Yea Link I love nintendo I own a gamecube although dissapointed in the lesser amount of games to choose from none the less it was worth it for zelda and a few other titles...

I remember playing zelda when I was at my grandma's on nes ever since then I was addicted to the game.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-15-2006, 11:04 AM
just preordered my wii!!!!! :D :D :D :D

and i just spent the last hour reading every single thing on the internet about the wii. i now know more about the wii than shigeru miyamoto.

Link
09-15-2006, 08:40 PM
just preordered my wii!!!!! :D :D :D :D

and i just spent the last hour reading every single thing on the internet about the wii. i now know more about the wii than shigeru miyamoto.

Where at? I just got done preordering Zelda and Madden for it, but I can't find a place that is allowing you to preorder the Wii.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-17-2006, 06:02 PM
preordered from amazon.com.

WeVie
09-18-2006, 05:39 AM
This is just to help bring people up to date. Here are the details from the US Wii Day Event.

"The worldwide debut of the Wii system happens right here in the Americas -- the same place where we debuted Nintendo DS. On November 19, it will be available at more than 25,000 points of distribution across the Americas. And with a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $249.99. One price. One configuration. One color." said Reggie. The color is white and Wii sports is included. Wii Sports is made up of five games: Wii Tennis Wii Golf, Wii Baseball, Wii Bowling and Wii Boxing. Other then that the package is the same as what I have previously mentioned for the Japanese launch.

- 30 games available in launch period. Half of them on launch day.
- 30 Virtual Console games by years end. 10 more to be added each month.
- Wii channels announced. There will be many channels that let you look at photos, videos, check the news and weather, shop, and browse the internet. More will be added.
- Link is now right handed.
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is now a Early 2007 title.

Link is right handed? No way!!

Link
09-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Link is right handed? No way!!

Only on the Wii version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. They said they did it so it would feel more natural for gamers.