PDA

View Full Version : From our performance should we look forward to brady quinn?

Dfan06
09-18-2006, 08:36 AM
I know it is the first two games of the season but if we keep performing like this it seems like this what we'll b e looking forward to.

btw I think Nick saban is chewing up the offense

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 08:37 AM
I know it is the first two games of the season but if we keep performing like this it seems like this what we'll b e looking forward to.

Draft a QB?? The Dolphins?!? Hahaha...
Open your eyes, we'll take another DB in the first round and let one go, that's what we do all the time.

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Everyone on this site keeps mentioning brady quinn, what has brady quinn done? nothing!!! He isn't even having that good of a season. He's not even the best QB in college football, plus we don't need a QB we have Daunte, you guysneed to chill out.

I am soo embarassed for the real dolphin fans of this site, If i didn't know any better i would think we had the stupidest fans in the league.

Shamboubou
09-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Quinn hasn't looked really very good this season. In his defense though ND doesn play one of the toughest schedules in college football so his numbers wont be as expanded as some of the QB's that play cruddy teams to inflate their numbers.

Majpain
09-18-2006, 08:43 AM
Wow lol. Why does everyone think Quinn is good?

Rick 1966
09-18-2006, 08:48 AM
We don't need Quinn, we need to pick up some top-flight offensive linemen.

Phinz420
09-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Wow lol. Why does everyone think Quinn is good?

Media hype my friend, media hype.

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 08:50 AM
The only good thing about Brady Quinn, is he is learning early how to run a pro style offense, thats the only positives i see about him, but why the hell are we talking about him! We will not draft a QB first round and we will not get a top 5 pick, if you think we are worse then the 49ers, packers, raiders, lions, titans, etc. you must not watch much football. Didn't last year we start off around 3-7 and end up above .500?

Ryan1973
09-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Its time for Saban to start drafting quality offensive linemen instead of projects. They also need another linebacker.

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 09:10 AM
we don't need a QB we have Daunte, you guys need to chill out.
:sidelol:

dw10
09-18-2006, 09:11 AM
I cannot believe next year's draft is already a topic of conversation. Geeeesh. 14 weeks to go guys. We'll be there.
As for Brady Quinn, OVERRATED!!! Yes, a good QB, but I don't understand the love affair w/ this guy that so many seem to have.

ch19079
09-18-2006, 09:12 AM
well if you look at past seasons,

losing the first few games actually means you will win several later in the season.

endorPHINS72
09-18-2006, 09:46 AM
I cannot believe next year's draft is already a topic of conversation. Geeeesh. 14 weeks to go guys. We'll be there.
As for Brady Quinn, OVERRATED!!! Yes, a good QB, but I don't understand the love affair w/ this guy that so many seem to have.

I've watched Brady Quinn for the last four years and the progression he has made is remarkable. He is an excellent quarterback and will be the most pro-ready quarterback to come into the NFL since Carson Palmer.

That being said, I believe OL needs to be top priority during the offseason. We really need a top flight left tackle. The L.J. Shelton project just isn't working. Ryan Denney was beating him like a veal cutlet yesterday. I've also been disappointed with the play of every other player on the line as well. Jeno James was supposed to be a difference maker in the running game and he's just looked like just another guy. I really thought Rex Hadnot would be playing better at center, but he did switch to a position he hasn't played since college. Bennie Anderson is, well, Bennie Anderson. I noticed that Kendyl Jacox was in yesterday but couldn't tell where he was playing. I have to say that heads up hustle shown by Vernon Carey in recovering Daunte's fumble was the Dolphins O-Line highlight for the year so far.

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 09:59 AM
:sidelol:

your another one of the ban wagon fans that makes this site a joke after a loss. You are proably gonna be the person that when daunte has a great game against Tennessee what will say u beleived in him all along. What a joke

Rick 1966
09-18-2006, 10:00 AM
your another one of the ban wagon fans

People such as yourself don't seem to be aware of the actual definition of a "band wagon fan." Here's a clue for you: a band wagon fan wouldn't be rooting for the Dolphins after yesterday.

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 10:02 AM
People such as yourself don't seem to be aware of the actual definition of a "band wagon fan." Here's a clue for you: a band wagon fan wouldn't be rooting for the Dolphins after yesterday.

I don't see him rooting, all they do is complain and bad mouth the team. But if thats the defintion of rooting then ok

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 10:04 AM
your another one of the ban wagon fans that makes this site a joke after a loss. You are proably gonna be the person that when daunte has a great game against Tennessee what will say u beleived in him all along. What a joke

Haha..cool out little Timmy. I've been a fan sice you were breast feeding. And Daunte is not good. He's got to be in the bottom 10 in the league for starting QB's in TD/INT ratio as well as QB rating.

The guy is no good. He was ok in Minn. when he had Moss, but the day Moss left, Daunte was a 3rd rate QB and he has proved that.

And "when" Daunte has a good game against Tenn, I will not be impressed. Tenn VS. Miami will be the biggest pillow fight of the year.

Rick 1966
09-18-2006, 10:04 AM
I don't see him rooting, all they do is complain and bad mouth the team. But if thats the defintion of rooting then ok

If you're a fan of the Fins and have a functioning brain, you'd have to be criticizing them after the last two weeks. If you aren't a fan, you wouldn't care enough to criticize. I don't hang out on the Bucaneers forum criticizing them because, frankly, I don't give a damn about their team.

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 10:06 AM
If you're a fan of the Fins and have a functioning brain, you'd have to be criticizing them after the last two weeks. If you aren't a fan, you wouldn't care enough to criticize. I don't hang out on the Bucaneers forum criticizing them because, frankly, I don't give a damn about their team.

Um no there is criticizing your team, and then there are idiots that tlak about drafting brady quinn, trading ronnie brown, starting joey harrington, etc.

Rick 1966
09-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Um no there is criticizing your team, and then there are idiots that tlak about drafting brady quinn, trading ronnie brown, starting joey harrington, etc.

They are searching for SOME answer...ANY answer. They are desparate because they, like me, have been Dolphins fans for a loooong time and put up with one hell of a lot of disappointment. They want to WIN and they don't care WHAT has to be done or WHO has to go.

Green Ranger
09-18-2006, 10:08 AM
anyone else see brady quinn saturday????? and are we really discussing next years draft...sheesh

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 10:08 AM
You have NO idea what you are talking about. You draft people based on what you need. Has Daunte gotten the job done!? Open your eyes, the guy is washed up. Joey Harrington isn't the answer either, but does he deserve a chance? Crap, it couldn't hurt.

Combine with last season, Daunte has 3TD's and 11 INT's....do you call that productivity??

Stinkyfish
09-18-2006, 10:11 AM

Why do you all or most blame Saban and not Malarkey? :shakeno:

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 10:12 AM
You have NO idea what you are talking about. You draft people based on what you need. Has Daunte gotten the job done!? Open your eyes, the guy is washed up. Joey Harrington isn't the answer either, but does he deserve a chance? Crap, it couldn't hurt.

Combine with last season, Daunte has 3TD's and 11 INT's....do you call that productivity??

I forgot you base a guy on all of 2 games, and throw out the rest of his career. Daunte has proven over the course of his career that he is a good QB, and he should get ATLEAST more then 2 weeks to be judged on whether he should be benched.

Rick 1966
09-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Why do you all or most blame Saban and not Malarkey? :shakeno:

Why are you still here? Go away.

UltraDol-Fan
09-18-2006, 10:17 AM
how can you blame Daunte when he got sacked 7 times??? I know a couple of them were his fault but it's not like he had a ton of time back there to find open guys. If I remember right they also only threw the ball deep once

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 10:23 AM
I forgot you base a guy on all of 2 games, and throw out the rest of his career. Daunte has proven over the course of his career that he is a good QB, and he should get ATLEAST more then 2 weeks to be judged on whether he should be benched.

It's not based on two games. Look at last year!! Why in the world would the 'Fins bring in a guy with his stats and make him a starter?? The guy is TERRIBLE w/o Moss, and has been TERRIBLE for us thus far.

I know he got sacked 7 times, but a few of those were his fault (IE- his "backwards" pass). He is NOT good. I know that it's cool that someone from your college made it to the NFL, but that doesn't make him good.

HybridPHIN 23
09-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo Brady Quinn he's a college Qb..... Why are we talkin bout him ?

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo Brady Quinn he's a college Qb..... Why are we talkin bout him ?

Becasue people think the sky has fallen, the season is over, and Daunte sucks.

Alex44
09-18-2006, 10:43 AM
The Carolina Panthers and Tampa are also getting Quinn :rolleyes:

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Becasue people think the sky has fallen, the season is over, and Daunte sucks.

Sky Fallen?? - NO
Season Over?? - NO
Dautne Sucks??- - 110% YES

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Sky Fallen?? - NO
Season Over?? - NO
Dautne Sucks??- - 110% YES

What has brady quinn done to make you think he would be a better option then Daunte??

Brady Quinn can easily be ryan leaf.

Daunte is an established NFL QB

Alex44
09-18-2006, 10:59 AM
What has brady quinn done to make you think he would be a better option then Daunte??

Probally that amazing 2 TD 2 INT week Quinn had :rolleyes: or did he throw a garbage TD when I wasnt paying attention?

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 11:01 AM

I am starting to think that UCF not only produces crappy QB's but also crappy graduates.

Where in all of my post did you read anything from me calling for Quinn? Do I think Quinn could do better than Culpepper? Well, I would say that anyone with an arm, two legs and a head could rival Culpepper.

Alex44
09-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I am starting to think that UCF not only produces crappy QB's but also crappy graduates.

Where in all of my post did you read anything from me calling for Quinn? Do I think Quinn could do better than Culpepper? Well, I would say that anyone with an arm, two legs and a head could rival Culpepper.

Wow, just wow :rolleyes:

finmann
09-18-2006, 11:04 AM
[quote=dw10]I cannot believe next year's draft is already a topic of conversation. Geeeesh. 14 weeks to go guys. We'll be there.

Agreed....Disappointment already setting in I guess.

clownfish
09-18-2006, 11:07 AM

How do you know Quinn will be the top QB in the draft this year, even if we do get the top pick? John David Booty from USC is lookin great so far. And besides, we need to draft a franchise left tackle before we do anything else.

Alex44
09-18-2006, 11:08 AM
How do you know Quinn will be the top QB in the draft this year, even if we do get the top pick? John David Booty from USC is lookin great so far. And besides, we need to draft a franchise left tackle before we do anything else.

Not to mention Quinn has looked very average at best this year

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 11:13 AM

Um this is a brady quinn thread maybe??

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Um this is a brady quinn thread maybe??

Oh, my bad...I thought I saw Daunte Culpepper's name in there and someone saying he was really, really good. Forgive me.

I really have to ask you. Do you watch the games?

Alex44
09-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Oh, my bad...I thought I saw Daunte Culpepper's name in there and someone saying he was really, really good. Forgive me.

Do you watch the O-Line?

Only one of those sacks was legitimatly his fault, the INT I have no clue what he was doing but as I recall Tom Brady threw an INT from his Butt against us. Everyone makes mistakes

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Do you watch the O-Line?

Only one of those sacks was legitimatly his fault, the INT I have no clue what he was doing but as I recall Tom Brady threw an INT from his Butt against us. Everyone makes mistakes

Brady also has 3...count them 3 Super bowl rings, Super Bowl MVP, etc., Culpepper has, um....he has, um......help me here. What does Pep have again??

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 11:51 AM

Do i watch the games?? haha why don't u and ur 37 posts go learn some stuff about the NFL. You don't judge a player on 2 games. If so i guess Rex Grossman is the best QB in the league since he has the highest QB rating? and Warrick Dunn has the most yards so he must be the best RB?

Give daunte atleast another game, hes on a new team, coming off serious injury, with a not very good OLine.

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Brady also has 3...count them 3 Super bowl rings, Super Bowl MVP, etc., Culpepper has, um....he has, um......help me here. What does Pep have again??

So who do u want to start? Harrington? What does harrington have? other then more career INTs then TDs? or do you want Quinn?

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Do i watch the games?? haha why don't u and ur 37 posts go learn some stuff about the NFL. You don't judge a player on 2 games. If so i guess Rex Grossman is the best QB in the league since he has the highest QB rating? and Warrick Dunn has the most yards so he must be the best RB?

Give daunte atleast another game, hes on a new team, coming off serious injury, with a not very good OLine.

Oh there little man, don't beleive everything you read. This is only my 38th post under THIS name. I have been on here for years.

Tell me, when was Daunte's last "good" game? I honestly cannot remember. It's been 3 seasons since Daunte had a good GAME, let alone sting of games that was be justified to bring him onto a team that needed a QB.

And to think, we could have had Drew Brees. A great QB who came up through the Big Ten, rather than some scrub from Conf. USA.:shakeno:

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 11:56 AM
So who do u want to start? Harrington? What does harrington have? other then more career INTs then TDs? or do you want Quinn?

The Harrington pick up was crap too. There has been a lot of bad decesions by the Fins head offices. (IE - Feeley, Culpepper, letting Ricky Williams back on the team, etc.,)

But, does Harrington deserve a chance after Pep's stellar games? Hell yes he does.

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Oh there little man, don't beleive everything you read. This is only my 38th post under THIS name. I have been on here for years.

Tell me, when was Daunte's last "good" game? I honestly cannot remember. It's been 3 seasons since Daunte had a good GAME, let alone sting of games that was be justified to bring him onto a team that needed a QB.

And to think, we could have had Drew Brees. A great QB who came up through the Big Ten, rather than some scrub from Conf. USA.:shakeno:

Firstoff, it doesn't matter what college anyone came from. Randy Moss came from Marshall a scrub from Conf USA, Chad Pennington and Byron leftwhich as well.

What the hell has drew brees done in his career that daunte hasn't? EXACTLY NOTHING!

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 11:58 AM
The Harrington pick up was crap too. There has been a lot of bad decesions by the Fins head offices. (IE - Feeley, Culpepper, letting Ricky Williams back on the team, etc.,)

But, does Harrington deserve a chance after Pep's stellar games? Hell yes he does.

Should the panthers sit Jake Delhomme also? he is playing like garbage, how about the Packers sit Brett Farve. You dont judge people after 2 games. Its people like you that would and would miss out on great players. **** by ur standards Drew Brees should never have started his 4th year in SD so he'd be a no body right now

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 11:59 AM
What the hell has drew brees done in his career that daunte hasn't? EXACTLY NOTHING!

Man! thanks for asking this question!
Drew Brees brought a team back from the dead, an exact same chance (maybe better) that Daunte has, yet will blow.

And Randy Moss only went to Marshall after being kick out of another school for drugs. But, you already knew that...

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Man! thanks for asking this question!
Drew Brees brought a team back from the dead, an exact same chance (maybe better) that Daunte has, yet will blow.

And Randy Moss only went to Marshall after being kick out of another school for drugs. But, you already knew that...

What about Leftwhich and Pennington? no response to them? they seem to be doing quite well in the NFL.

Drew Brees broguth a team back because he was given the oppurtunity, the SAME opportunity that Daunte should get. Thank you for making my point

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 12:12 PM
What about Leftwhich and Pennington? no response to them? they seem to be doing quite well in the NFL.

Drew Brees broguth a team back because he was given the oppurtunity, the SAME opportunity that Daunte should get. Thank you for making my point

Ummm, Pennington was on the hot seat this off season ans still is. He was almost cut. I figured you knew that already, but I guess not. Leftwich is ok, he'll never make a Super Bowl, he'll never be a mjor threat in the NFL as a QB.

And Daute had the opportunity to do so in Minnesota, and was rotten. I can't even discuss this with you anymore, you are blinded by something that is not allowing you to see how terrible Daunte was, is, and will continue to be.

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Ummm, Pennington was on the hot seat this off season ans still is. He was almost cut. I figured you knew that already, but I guess not. Leftwich is ok, he'll never make a Super Bowl, he'll never be a mjor threat in the NFL as a QB.

And Daute had the opportunity to do so in Minnesota, and was rotten. I can't even discuss this with you anymore, you are blinded by something that is not allowing you to see how terrible Daunte was, is, and will continue to be.

Im sorry that i dont judge people after 2 games. I believe daunte is a good QB that is just going through a rough patch.

Also im sorry Leftwhich won't make the superbowl because you said he won't. And yes pennington is on the hotseat, but so far he has had a pretty good career and is having a great season.

Your just a daunte hater, which is fine i dont mind, just don't change your opinion once he starts playing well.

Alex44
09-18-2006, 12:25 PM

That was due to Penningtons injury not skill.

Why will Byron never make a superbowl? Im very curious to know.

Daunte had the opportunity with a poor defense, an average running game and one WR :rolleyes:

Learn something about football before you try talking about it

Jerry Rice went to a divison two college, I guess he sucks to

Dolfan3773
09-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Brady Quinn is over-rated

dolfan91
09-18-2006, 12:40 PM
if the fins finish in the top 5 .. i say draft a WR like johnson,ginn or jarret.. if it is a 5-10 pick take the best OL available...

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 12:40 PM
That was due to Penningtons injury not skill.

Oh I'm sorry, I guess injury doesn't account for anything. Why was Charles Rogers cut from Detroit again??:eek:

Alex44
09-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Oh I'm sorry, I guess injury doesn't account for anything. Why was Charles Rogers cut from Detroit again??:eek:

Your arguement was that players from smaller schools werent as good :rolleyes:

Before he was injured Pennington was a very good starting QB, which proves that your point was stupid

Or are you going to feed me some BS about kids from smaller schools get injured easier :rolleyes: please go away and dont come back untill you know something....anything...about football

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Your arguement was that players from smaller schools werent as good :rolleyes:

Before he was injured Pennington was a very good starting QB, which proves that your point was stupid

Or are you going to feed me some BS about kids from smaller schools get injured easier :rolleyes: please go away and dont come back untill you know something....anything...about football

Guys from smaller schools aren't as good. Wow, 1 out of every 10,000 are good. Spare me, I'll catch the FX True Life Story after they retire.

Alex44
09-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Guys from smaller schools aren't as good. Wow, 1 out of every 10,000 are good. Spare me, I'll catch the FX True Life Story after they retire.

Chad Pennington - Marshall
Byron Leftwich - Marshall
Jerry Rice - DII
Walter Peyton - DII
LaDainian Tomlinson - TCU
Brett Favre - Southern Miss.
Ben Roethlisberger - Miami of Ohio
Marvin Harrison - Syracuse (not a tiny school but not big football wise really)
Terrel Owens - Chattanooga
Steve Smith - Utah (they had some success one year but other than that they are a small school)

Thats just off the top of my head Im sure there are many more , some of the best players have come from small colleges

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Jerry Rice - DII
Walter Peyton - DII
Steve Smith - Utah (they had some success one year but other than that they are a small school)

Thats just off the top of my head Im sure there are many more , some of the best players have come from small colleges

Don't bother any more the guy obviously doesn't know much.

OSUDauby
09-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Jerry Rice - DII
Walter Peyton - DII

Dude, do I have to list every big school superstar?!? 'Cause I won't.
And to the kid from UCF telling me I know nothing. Please, besides the fact you think Culpepper is "Da Man!" you have horrible grammar as well. I'm not the message board grammar nazi, but there have been many threads by you that look like you are in the 3rd grade and not a freshman in college. Please don't major in English for your own sake.

UCFinfan86
09-18-2006, 02:32 PM
And to the kid from UCF telling me I know nothing. Please, besides the fact you think Culpepper is "Da Man!" you have horrible grammar as well. I'm not the message board grammar nazi, but there have been many threads by you that look like you are in the 3rd grade and not a freshman in college. Please don't major in English for your own sake.

Obviously there are players from big colleges that become stars, thats not the point *******, the point is you don't have to be from a big school to be good. And please show me my grammar mistakes, only ones you will find are the little misspellings because i am typing and don't feel like going back to change it.

Alex44
09-18-2006, 02:42 PM

Where did I deny there are big school superstars :confused: the point is it doesnt matter what school you go to, if your skilled and work hard you will make it, period

Oh Steve Mcnair - Alcorn State