PDA

View Full Version : Would you...

ChaozFilms
09-18-2006, 11:55 AM
take back Jay Fiedler if Culpepper blew the next few games? And I really mean mess up the next few games (like 1 TD and 8 INT's). I know we have Joey on the bench and he could very well be a superstar in the making that's worth the 1st round pick the Lions spent on him (maybe?), but we all knew what Jay could do. I know he was part of the Wanny regime, but the guy could win games. He didn't have all the talent in the world but he could pull wins out of nowhere. He's like a poor man's Drew Brees. He was a winner with us when we had old and inconsistent receivers, inconsistent running game, and poor line play. Now we still need help on the O-Line but we do have Ronnie (who I still feel is a stud. maybe not as good as Ricky, but then again, few runners are. 70 yards on 15 carries isn't bad at all considering the line he played with, and we shouldn't overlook the receiving role he's had) and Chambers, Booker, Welker, Hagan, McMichael. I never disliked Fiedler. He was no Peyton (stats) or Culpepper (physical ability) but the guy played his a$$ off on Sunday and got us plenty of memorable W's...so would you guys take him back?

hellsapoppin
09-18-2006, 12:00 PM
take back Jay Fiedler if Culpepper blew the next few games? And I really mean mess up the next few games (like 1 TD and 8 INT's). I know we have Joey on the bench and he could very well be a superstar in the making that's worth the 1st round pick the Lions spent on him (maybe?), but we all knew what Jay could do. I know he was part of the Wanny regime, but the guy could win games. He didn't have all the talent in the world but he could pull wins out of nowhere. He's like a poor man's Drew Brees. He was a winner with us when we had old and inconsistent receivers, inconsistent running game, and poor line play. Now we still need help on the O-Line but we do have Ronnie (who I still feel is a stud. maybe not as good as Ricky, but then again, few runners are. 70 yards on 15 carries isn't bad at all considering the line he played with, and we shouldn't overlook the receiving role he's had) and Chambers, Booker, Welker, Hagan, McMichael. I never disliked Fiedler. He was no Peyton (stats) or Culpepper (physical ability) but the guy played his a$$ off on Sunday and got us plenty of memorable W's...so would you guys take him back? I'd rather have Dan Marino at the age of 45 then Jay Feidler.. Honestly.

Canadianfishfan
09-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Give me a break.... Is this thread just for attention?

ChaozFilms
09-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Nope...not for attention...I mean, it's obvious that we won't get Fiedler back...but I just mean, as a fan, if Saban all of a sudden put Fiedler under center, would you support the guy?

tcdrover
09-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Why bring up old elephant ears at a time like this?

Harrington has an upside, Fiedler was tough and smart, but he didn't have the tools to be a good NFL starting QB.

Smarts & guts are always better than just the physical tools though...