PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger should be BENCHED!!

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Man, the guy coming off an injury went 17-32 and threw 2 interceptions. He should never step foot on the field all season, unless Charlie Batch gets hurt. :shakeno:

Sounds like a familiar performance for a stellar QB coming off an injury. You won't hear Steelers fans calling for his head like some "dolfans" are calling for Culpepper's. I bet if Steelers lose next week, and Big Ben throws 1 TD and a pick, the fans will still be behind Ben. But then again, I guess those fans recognize it is a long season, and 2 losses don't end the season, unless they eliminate you from the playoffs immediately.

I know a lot of fin fans are dissappointed in Daunte's play. I know I am, but I'm not surprised by it. I fully expect him to turn it around. Maybe not this week(although I think he will), but soon. Sometimes things just take time. It's just like Jason Allen's quote(I'll paraphrase), you have to learn to crawl before you can walk.

Well it looks to me like the offense is starting to crawl, next week I expect to see them run. We'll cut back on penalties and mental mistakes(drops, poor throws, bad blocks). They won't be gone completely, but it will be better. That's all I ask to see. Progress.

I predicted 10-6 at the beginning of the season, and I have yet to see anything that shows we aren't capable of that. So until we have our 7th loss, I'll still be looking for the best out of my team. I know a lot of you are with me on this. There is no reason the team can't be in the playoffs this year, even if history statistically says otherwise. Things happen on any given sunday that no one expects.

And I expect those fans who expect nothing but mistakes from this team, due to recent games, to be shown that if you keep playing hard, clawing, and scratching, you can achieve something great. If only all our fans could show such resilience in the face of adversity.

MastR_EvaluatoR
09-19-2006, 12:11 AM
I was on a steeler board and plenty of them are saying they should have started Charlie Batch tonight (as I couldnt catch the game and wanted some game details) .. I can throw you a link to prove it so it's just like our situation.

testtubetimmy
09-19-2006, 12:12 AM
Great thread :D

muscle979
09-19-2006, 12:12 AM
I imagine when Daunte has like a 25-3 record with us and wins a super bowl he'll get a little more leeway too.

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:13 AM
I imagine when Daunte has like a 25-3 record with us and wins a super bowl he'll get a little more leeway too.
Well once he gets 28 games under his belt with us, I'll give that to you. :wink:

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:14 AM
I was on a steeler board and plenty of them are saying they should have started Charlie Batch tonight (as I couldnt catch the game and wanted some game details) .. I can throw you a link to prove it so it's just like our situation.

But are they saying to start Batch from now on? Would they have booed Big ben at home if he went scoreless in the 1st half?

brandon1986
09-19-2006, 12:15 AM
great thread

ben is a bum booooo charlie charlie charlie

the people who were chanting joey on sunday should have been shot

Roman529
09-19-2006, 12:16 AM
It's Cowher's fault for starting Ben less than two weeks after his surgery and he also supposedly had a 104 degree temperature. Maybe Ben overuled Cowher and is now calling the shots? Why start Ben when Charlie Batch had a very good opener? :confused:

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:17 AM

And I may be taking your statement wrong, but Ben certainly didn't win that super bowl for his team. That was actually one of his worst games as a pro.

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:19 AM
It's Cowher's fault for starting Ben less than two weeks after his surgery and he also supposedly had a 104 degree temperature. Maybe Ben overuled Cowher and is now calling the shots? Why start Ben when Charlie Batch had a very good opener? :confused:

You start Ben because you have faith in your starting QB when he is healthy enough to play. You shouldn't lose your starting job just because of an injury(although I know it happens), especially if it appears you are capable of going.

muscle979
09-19-2006, 12:19 AM
great thread

No they don't, Daunte was shaken and struggling, Joey maybe could have provided a spark. It wouldn't mean he would be the new starter.

muscle979
09-19-2006, 12:20 AM
And I may be taking your statement wrong, but Ben certainly didn't win that super bowl for his team. That was actually one of his worst games as a pro.

He was a big part of them getting there though.

feelthepain
09-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Man, the guy coming off an injury went 17-32 and threw 2 interceptions. He should never step foot on the field all season, unless Charlie Batch gets hurt.

Didn't Ben win a SB? I get the point you're making, but Ben has earned the right, to have some bad games for Pittsburgh. Daunte hasn't done anyhting In Miami to get the same respect. Daunte needs to take some balme for the last two weeks, but so does the Oline.

KTownsDolphins
09-19-2006, 12:21 AM
All I know is that Jags defence is going to have a field day against us when we play them, here's some advice start the jags for your fantasy football team if you have them, especially when they play our beloved fins.

If fast willie only got 20 yards, I'm sure RB as good as he is will get like 8 on 14 carries and daunte 11 sacks, LOL

I'm still bitter, I really hope that doesn't happen

GO FINS

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:21 AM
great thread

Had I been there, I would have kept cheering for Daunte, just like I kept cheering for our team when I was in Cleveland last year. When or lose I am proud to be a fin fan(maybe that's the Zip part of me talking).

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Didn't Ben win a SB? I get the point you're making, but Ben has earned the right, to have some bad games for Pittsburgh. Daunte hasn't done anyhting In Miami to get the same respect. Daunte needs to take some balme for the last two weeks, but so does the Oline.

Ok, well I'm not saying daunte isn't at fault. I even said I was dissappointed in his play. But to say he should be benched is a bit much, especially when he'd be benched for Harrington who has done even less to gain respect of fans and players.

MikeO
09-19-2006, 12:24 AM
Ben has a ring...........NUFF SAID

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:25 AM
All I know is that Jags defence is going to have a field day against us when we play them, here's some advice start the jags for your fantasy football team if you have them, especially when they play our beloved fins.

If fast willie only got 20 yards, I'm sure RB as good as he is will get like 8 on 14 carries and daunte 11 sacks, LOL

I'm still bitter, I really hope that doesn't happen

GO FINS

I have the Jags as one of the 6 losses. But I am willing to make a bet that if Ronnie plays the whole game, he gets more than 8 yards rushing. The sacks I'll take a push on.....j/k :D

brandon1986
09-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Had I been there, I would have kept cheering for Daunte, just like I kept cheering for our team when I was in Cleveland last year. When or lose I am proud to be a fin fan(maybe that's the Zip part of me talking).

that is the way i feel, i dont know but to me i dont see the lost daunte or the coldpepper, in the pitt game i saw a qb at the end who saw the momentum shifted and tried to make a play
the buffalo game when given time was very good, the recievers like the announcers said were getting knocked around by rookies, that is why daunte had to hold on to the ball

stand up for your team and not be a bunch of whiners

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Ben has a ring...........NUFF SAID

So do more than 1000 other players. I understand why you say that, since Ben has "proven" himself since he has a ring, but everyone is entitled to have a bad game or two. It doesn't mean you should give up on them.

djfresh47
Ben was the QB of the SB champions last year and has an incredible record as a starting Qb. The circumstances were rough for him to come back tonight after the offseason he has had. He can have a bad game in Pittsburgh and still be the unquestioned leader. Daunte hasn't earned that right with the Dolphins, he had it with the Vikings but not for the Dolphins.

Aqua4Ever04
I was seriously just about to create this thread. Big Ben's numbers and game were almost identical to Daunte's against Pitt. The only difference was Daunte had double the yards.

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:28 AM
that is the way i feel, i dont know but to me i dont see the lost daunte or the coldpepper, in the pitt game i saw a qb at the end who saw the momentum shifted and tried to make a play
the buffalo game when given time was very good, the recievers like the announcers said were getting knocked around by rookies, that is why daunte had to hold on to the ball

stand up for your team and not be a bunch of whiners

I see your age, I think we might get classified as young and naive by some of the people around here. :lol:

DeathStar
09-19-2006, 12:29 AM
nice way to defend culpepper. we see right through it.

WPBtoRNOFinFan
09-19-2006, 12:29 AM
The people who believe the sky is falling seem to forget how much change our team has had in the past season. You don't just magically get a team with:

1. New OC/DC ("similar terminology" my ***, things change with a new coordinator)

2. New starting QB in a new offense

3. 2 new starters on the o-line, 3 if you count Hadnot being moved from RG to C

4. 4 new starters in the secondary, Daniels isn't back yet so he doesn't count.

Things take time. Patience, patience.

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:30 AM
Ben was the QB of the SB champions last year and has an incredible record as a starting Qb. The circumstances were rough for him to come back tonight after the offseason he has had. He can have a bad game in Pittsburgh and still be the unquestioned leader. Daunte hasn't earned that right with the Dolphins, he had it with the Vikings but not for the Dolphins.

You see, but I think Daunte has already earned that right with players in the locker room. None of the players seem to be questioning him, only the media and fans.

(I could be wrong, I don't usually watch the pc's)

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:31 AM
nice way to defend culpepper. we see right through it.

Damn, foiled again...

DoggPhin
09-19-2006, 12:33 AM
Great thread :D
Stupid thread. :D

Not too many FANS were calling for C-Pepp to get benched after the Steelers game. Oh yeah a few frustrated by Daunte's back to back INT's to blow the game maybe - but after all ... it WAS a road game, at the Steelers. Give him a break. That was my feeling too.

Surely Daunte would bounce back at HOME against the lowly Bills - right? :rolleyes2

Well he didn't do that. Instead he handed us maybe the most embarrassing Home loss in Dolphin history. And a few idiots still chant "We believe in the Daunte Magic, he is our Savior". Sure whatever.

Very Simple. ONE game, OK (depending on how BAD the performance, Daunte's was pretty awful.) But most fans say its just one game. Fine!

TWO bad games, you get a few more off the bandwagon. Again depending on how the player chokes at KEY moments in the game.

THREE bad games you get a few more - now the majority. Please bench him. FOUR bad games like the past 2 weeks from Daunte - either Saban benches him or the fans start rioting and picketing .... :tantrum:

SarahAnn
09-19-2006, 12:34 AM
Man, the guy coming off an injury went 17-32 and threw 2 interceptions. He should never step foot on the field all season, unless Charlie Batch gets hurt. :shakeno:

:sidelol: Ben had MINOR surgery... He probably shouldnt have played this game, but come on... All season is gotta be a joke.

brandon1986
09-19-2006, 12:35 AM
I see your age, I think we might get classified as young and naive by some of the people around here. :lol:

i know but i have been watching the dolphins ever since i can remember i remember when dan went down, i remember pete's missed fg against the chargers i remember getting hammered by jacksonville in dans last game

but man i am also a diehard yankee fan, i hate when fans boo their team or a player like daunte or alex rodriguez

daunte was the happiest person in the world, about how he was going back to his home state and all that, it is not like he wants the team to fail he worked his *** off to get back and help this team
the guys isnt 100 percent right yet but is playing good to me

the problem with the team to me is bad play calling

R_t_Kraken
09-19-2006, 12:36 AM
Culpepper blew TWO consecutive games. He barely avoided a shut out, at home, against our rival Bills, who weren't even expected to do anything this year.

Why do people insist on defending Culpepper after two **** performances. Praise him when he does something good. The only thing he's doing now is losing football games for our beloved Fins.

muscle979
09-19-2006, 12:36 AM

Not too many FANS were calling for C-Pepp to get benched after the Steelers game. Oh yeah a few frustrated by Daunte's back to back INT's to blow the game maybe - but after all ... it WAS a road game, at the Steelers. Give him a break. That was my feeling too.

Surely Daunte would bounce back at HOME against the lowly Bills - right? :rolleyes2

Well he didn't do that. Instead he handed us maybe the most embarrassing Home loss in Dolphin history. And a few idiots still chant "We believe in the Daunte Magic, he is our Savior". Sure whatever.

Very Simple. ONE game, OK (depending on how BAD the performance, Daunte's was pretty awful.) But most fans say its just one game. Fine!

TWO bad games, you get a few more off the bandwagon. Again depending on how the player chokes at KEY moments in the game.

THREE bad games you get a few more - now the majority. Please bench him. FOUR bad games like the past 2 weeks from Daunte - either Saban benches him or the fans start rioting and picketing .... :tantrum:

I think if Daunte can't perform against possibly the worst team in the league next week that the excuses run out.

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:38 AM

Well, I never considered Daunte to be our savior(nor do I think you are accusing me of such). Also to say his play has been conducive to what we should expect would be a stretch. I also agree that 4 bad games, I might even come around. Probably. But it isn't there yet. And he showed improvement from game 1 to game 2. That's progress. Now he just has to take the next step with the offense. But he won't ever get that chance, nor will our offense have a chance if we play musical chairs with our QB's like some fans on /and off this board seem to want.

muscle979
09-19-2006, 12:38 AM
Culpepper blew TWO consecutive games. He barely avoided a shut out, at home, against our rival Bills, who weren't even expected to do anything this year.

Why do people insist on defending Culpepper after two **** performances. Praise him when he does something good. The only thing he's doing now is losing football games for our beloved Fins.

He's down to his last chance with me. Look lost vs. the lowly titans and I want even listen to the Daunte excuses anymore.

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:40 AM
:sidelol: Ben had MINOR surgery... He probably shouldnt have played this game, but come on... All season is gotta be a joke.

No, Ben should be benched and Willie parker is nothing more than a back up running back....*sense the sarcasm?*

muscle979
09-19-2006, 12:40 AM
Well, I never considered Daunte to be our savior(nor do I think you are accusing me of such). Also to say his play has been conducive to what we should expect would be a stretch. I also agree that 4 bad games, I might even come around. Probably. But it isn't there yet. And he showed improvement from game 1 to game 2. That's progress. Now he just has to take the next step with the offense. But he won't ever get that chance, nor will our offense have a chance if we play musical chairs with our QB's like some fans on /and off this board seem to want.

He was better in game one. He had us in the lead against a better defense than we played on sunday. He regressed IMO and that is what upset me so much and probably all the fans who were there booing him.

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:43 AM
He was better in game one. He had us in the lead against a better defense than we played on sunday. He regressed IMO and that is what upset me so much and probably all the fans who were there booing him.

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I'm obviously no expert, so he may certainly have regressed. But I sensed progress, even if it wasn't much. Hopefully there will be no reason for anyone to be upset after this week.

djfresh47
09-19-2006, 12:43 AM
You see, but I think Daunte has already earned that right with players in the locker room. None of the players seem to be questioning him, only the media and fans.

(I could be wrong, I don't usually watch the pc's)

He could be a great leader in the locker room and I bet he is and nobody is questioning that. On the field he's been bad and really that's what matters the most. If Daunte would've came out and played very good and the team still lost then the fans aren't questioning him as the starter, but he hasn't. It would be fair to say he's not all the way back physically IMO, but through two games he doesn't look close to being back mentally which is a big thing with injuries. If he plays well vs the Titans than I bet a bunch of "I told you so," threads pop up but if this team loses to the Titans then I think their is a QB controversy. To defend Daunte I think it was written that his injury does take a full year to comeback from and i'm not really worried about that it's the mental aspect of the game and coming back from an injury. To make a comparision to Joey who has the physical skills but he never displayed the mental skills to be a starter with the Lions. The favorite player of fans is always the backup especially when Joey was pretty good in the preseason.

Aqua4Ever04
09-19-2006, 12:44 AM
I think if Daunte can't perform against possibly the worst team in the league next week that the excuses run out.

That's pretty much my approach. Dominate or bust on Sunday.

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:45 AM
i know but i have been watching the dolphins ever since i can remember i remember when dan went down, i remember pete's missed fg against the chargers i remember getting hammered by jacksonville in dans last game

but man i am also a diehard yankee fan, i hate when fans boo their team or a player like daunte or alex rodriguez

daunte was the happiest person in the world, about how he was going back to his home state and all that, it is not like he wants the team to fail he worked his *** off to get back and help this team
the guys isnt 100 percent right yet but is playing good to me

the problem with the team to me is bad play calling

That playoff loss to JAX was my lowest point as a dolfan, since I knew Dan was done after that. A close 2nd was the meltown at the meadowlands and the 2004 season. But I never hid from the fact that I loved my team.

muscle979
09-19-2006, 12:46 AM
He could be a great leader in the locker room and I bet he is and nobody is questioning that. On the field he's been bad and really that's what matters the most. If Daunte would've came out and played very good and the team still lost then the fans aren't questioning him as the starter, but he hasn't. It would be fair to say he's not all the way back physically IMO, but through two games he doesn't look close to being back mentally which is a big thing with injuries. If he plays well vs the Titans than I bet a bunch of "I told you so," threads pop up but if this team loses to the Titans then I think their is a QB controversy. To defend Daunte I think it was written that his injury does take a full year to comeback from and i'm not really worried about that it's the mental aspect of the game and coming back from an injury. To make a comparision to Joey who has the physical skills but he never displayed the mental skills to be a starter with the Lions. The favorite player of fans is always the backup especially when Joey was pretty good in the preseason.

I thought Joey was brought in to play for us if Daunte wasn't ready? That's why if we struggle next week it's time for him to come in.

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:46 AM

I agree with some of the things you've said. But I promise I will never post an "I told you so" thread. I will just smile, because we have won.

JT99Dfense
09-19-2006, 12:48 AM
It was bound to be a low scoring game, and it was. The way I see it, we scored more on the Steelers D and weren't shut out with a big fat egg "O". Also, the 2 Int's Ben threw were music to my ears; I had a feeling we would get revenge. Those towel swinging Steelers fans got what they deserved.:survivor:

Although we are 0-2, I have faith we will rebound against Titans, if not, then we will have 15th pick or lower.:lol:

Super Bowl was too much expectations for a QB in a new system. I predicted wild card or 9-7. Who knows, maybe we can do better.

Our schedule is not very difficult and we can manage to steal the 2 upcoming games. Cheer up people, it's not over till the fat lady sings...:tsk:

A little side note, our secondary did not play bad, this time, it was the corners.
:hmmm:

GO Fins! :dolphins::rawk:

fins4o8
09-19-2006, 12:49 AM
bench big ben and start batch! =)

Stitches
09-19-2006, 12:50 AM
bench big ben and start batch! =)

Glad someone else agrees with me. :goof:

Tigers2003
09-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Well, a lot of credit to the Jags defense first and foremost as they had a big hand in it. They are an extremely well coached unit.

It seems that Big Ben's time off showed. He was off in his timing and there was definitely communication problems with his receivers. The Jags D are an excellent unit that took advantage of a unique situation. Big Ben in the long run will be fine.

That is what we are hoping for Daunte of course. OK we know now that he is not where he needs to be, that concern for the knee is making him tenative in his footwork and delivery, and that he needs to build back his confidence. I know his performances could have been better with or without the OL issues but he will be back physically barring unforeseen re-injury to knee. Its easy to forget the kind of injury he had and what he had to go through in rehabilitation. Time will heal.

Quit frankly I am more concerned about the mental nature of the adversity he has faced. He needs a big outing against a team to build back that confidence. That is why these next two games are important to his re-development as a capable QB.

Stitches
09-19-2006, 01:04 AM
Well, a lot of credit to the Jags defense first and foremost as they had a big hand in it. They are an extremely well coached unit.

It seems that Big Ben's time off showed. He was off in his timing and there was definitely communication problems with his receivers. The Jags D are an excellent unit that took advantage of a unique situation. Big Ben in the long run will be fine.

That is what we are hoping for Daunte of course. OK we know now that he is not where he needs to be, that concern for the knee is making him tenative in his footwork and delivery, and that he needs to build back his confidence. I know his performances could have been better with or without the OL issues but he will be back physically barring unforeseen re-injury to knee. Its easy to forget the kind of injury he had and what he had to go through in rehabilitation. Time will heal.

Quit frankly I am more concerned about the mental nature of the adversity he has faced. He needs a big outing against a team to build back that confidence. That is why these next two games are important to his re-development as a capable QB.

I know this has nothing to do with Culpepper, but I said after the steelers loss(when people were bashing this team for losing to a back up), that Batch played better that Ben would have if he had started against us(sans surgery of course). But again, that's just my opinion.

KTownsDolphins
09-19-2006, 01:11 AM
It was bound to be a low scoring game, and it was. The way I see it, we scored more on the Steelers D and weren't shut out with a big fat egg "O". Also, the 2 Int's Ben threw were music to my ears; I had a feeling we would get revenge. Those towel swinging Steelers fans got what they deserved.:survivor:

Although we are 0-2, I have faith we will rebound against Titans, if not, then we will have 15th pick or lower.:lol:

Super Bowl was too much expectations for a QB in a new system. I predicted wild card or 9-7. Who knows, maybe we can do better.

Our schedule is not very difficult and we can manage to steal the 2 upcoming games. Cheer up people, it's not over till the fat lady sings...:tsk:

A little side note, our secondary did not play bad, this time, it was the corners.
:hmmm:

GO Fins! :dolphins::rawk:

Our secondary/corners played good most of the whole game, we had one bad play and that was the pass interfernce penalty, the bills don't get a touchdown without that penalty

Colorado Dolfan
09-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Willie Parker: 11 carries for 20 yards = backup :D