PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams Speaks Out

tampafinfan9201
09-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Lions Receiver Mike Williams, was on the sideline Sunday in street clothes for the the second straight week.
Mike Williams- "The way the organization is going under Marinelli, it's going to need a poster boy for whats going wrong. Every new beginning needs a poster boy for why the other way didn't work. I know that as well as Charles(Rogers) did. I know how hard he worked coming off his (first collarbone) injury. I know how hard they were on him before he got hurt again. And then he kind of got thrown under the bus. They need a poster boy for where this organization is going"

Sorry dont have a link found this in the paper and thought it was interisting and typed it up

305TillIDie
09-19-2006, 08:54 PM
here it is

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060918/SPORTS01/609180399/1049/SPORTS01

tampafinfan9201
09-19-2006, 09:05 PM
thx, they didnt have all of that in the paper.
do u think they end up cutting Mike Williams after this season?

Rocky Raccoon
09-19-2006, 11:08 PM
wait a minute, wasn't he the guy who made the guarantee of beating the Bears?

unifiedtheory
09-19-2006, 11:14 PM
wait a minute, wasn't he the guy who made the guarantee of beating the Bears?

No, that was Roy Williams.

Mike Williams is a bust. He should learn to block and play tight end.

finfansince72
09-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Seems like the whole offense stinks, Mike Williams probaly isn't that great but I think its too early to give up on someone. If he needs to play tight end, put him there.

HysterikiLL
09-19-2006, 11:44 PM
I respect Marinelli's discipline and all, but the way he refuses to use his talent is odd. He cut Rogers after not letting him play in the final preseason game when it was really his last chance. Then he won't play Williams for no real reason.

Maybe you can justify those moves, but not after scoring one offensive touchdown in two games.

LouPhinFan
09-20-2006, 12:02 AM
There is definately something odd going on in Detroit again. With Martz as your OC and you can only score 1 TD in 2 games?

Vertical Limit
09-20-2006, 01:08 AM
Marinelli's discipline has Mike Williams reporting to training camp last month or so 40 pounds overweight, atleast that's the rumor I heard about in Lionbacker.com.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/09/mikeac2-1.jpg

Wow, you never want a wide receiver to look like that. I know watching the Lions play sucks, but damn. That is just pathetic. Seems as he has gotten pretty fricken lazy.

Rocky Raccoon
09-20-2006, 01:21 AM
No, that was Roy Williams.

Mike Williams is a bust. He should learn to block and play tight end.

:smackhead

that's it...I knew it was one of the Willaims.

ih8brady
09-20-2006, 04:46 AM
The best player in the draft, huh? :shakeno:

Martel
09-20-2006, 05:56 AM
Man this guy was a BEAST at SC there is no way he shouldn't even get some burn on the sorry *** lions. He was just singing in that picture by the way....death metal

Alex44
09-20-2006, 07:05 AM
Man this guy was a BEAST at SC there is no way he shouldn't even get some burn on the sorry *** lions. He was just singing in that picture by the way....death metal

Well this is what happens when you follow Maurice Clarett into something :nono: :lol:

He should have just stayed another year at USC

Alex44
09-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Marinelli's discipline has Mike Williams reporting to training camp last month or so 40 pounds overweight, atleast that's the rumor I heard about in Lionbacker.com.

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/5215/mikeac2.jpg

Wow, you never want a wide receiver to look like that. I know watching the Lions play sucks, but damn. That is just pathetic. Seems as he has gotten pretty fricken lazy.

So Wide Recievers are never allowed to yawn :confused: who knew

finmann
09-20-2006, 08:47 AM
[quote=Vertical Limit]Marinelli's discipline has Mike Williams reporting to training camp last month or so 40 pounds overweight, atleast that's the rumor I heard about in Lionbacker.com.

Holy crap..40 pounds overweight:eek:..what is he trying to do play Tackle or something? I have never heard of a WR coming to camp that out of shape and that overwright.

Vertical Limit
09-20-2006, 12:23 PM
:rolleyes: You completely mis-read my post and changed it to something else.

djfresh47
09-20-2006, 12:33 PM
With the high-powered Lions offense that was close to scoring 40 according to Roy Williams in week 1 I could understand why they aren't playing him. I think he's got a ton of talent but Detroit should do something with him if they're not going to play him.

Rocky Raccoon
09-20-2006, 02:18 PM

he was talking about the weight he has gained, I believe.

so-long-Ricky
09-20-2006, 08:46 PM
[quote=Vertical Limit]Marinelli's discipline has Mike Williams reporting to training camp last month or so 40 pounds overweight, atleast that's the rumor I heard about in Lionbacker.com.

Holy crap..40 pounds overweight:eek:..what is he trying to do play Tackle or something? I have never heard of a WR coming to camp that out of shape and that overwright.

That seems almost impossible for a WR to gain that much weight ......unless your name is David Boston and chugging protein drinks every 1.5hrs

phinatic0083
09-21-2006, 12:31 AM
why is everyone suprised? this is the lions organization after all....

dominizzo
09-21-2006, 01:42 AM
WOOW Detroit had busts in WR's Rogers Mike Williams and I find Roy Williams ****ty also

LionsAllTheWay
09-22-2006, 03:44 AM
Cutting Rogers was the right decision. Even Saban wouldn't take him after the Lions cut him due to a poor workout, and Saban himself recruited Rogers to Michigan State. He had all the talent in the world, and smoked it away.

Roy Williams can play, but what bothers me most is his mouth. If you're in the game, go ahead and make 1st down dances. Note to Roy: You're not in the game, and you had better not become TO, Chad Johnson, or any other dancing idiot wideout until you have the stats to back it up. And never guarantee another win again, k thx bye.

Mike Williams. What a WASTE of a draft pick. The guy is fat, slow, stupid, and lazy. He misses meetings. He sleeps in. He doesn't know the playbook, and he can't keep his weight down. Mike Furrey is making tough catches over the middle, and getting stomped into the ground for it, but he can get open and he can hold onto the ball, and get back up for the next play. Williams could play tight end at his current weight if he could block. He can't.

Millen needs to be fired. Kitna was sacked 9 times in the first two games, and we have had no running game to speak of. I guess drafting an offensive lineman sometime in the first two rounds had not occured to him in the five years since he took Jeff Backus in the first in 2001. Backus, after getting a monster contract, is now playing like crap. Harrington, his other first rounder, is also no longer on the team. I used to be mad at Barry Sanders for leaving, but now I see why. Absolutely no commitment to winning when you give the general manager with the worst record in the NFL over the last 5 years a contract extension.

Stitches
09-22-2006, 08:48 AM
From what I hear, MW has been practicing recently better than ever, and he is in the best shape of his life. The whole reason he isn't playing, is because the coaches want him to prove he can do that on a daily basis. Certainly not because he is overweight and slow right now.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-22-2006, 10:58 AM
marinelli is a guy who rules on discipline. it's why i have a bad feeling he'll be fired a lot sooner than he deserves, and some lucky team will hire him and start winning and detroit will feel stupid, yet again. pretty much any d-linemen that passed through tampa bay during his stint as d-line coach has said that he's one of the best coaches they've ever met. warren sapp has been saying this for years. i'm guessing it's the main reason why the bucs gave up 300 yards to the falcons on the ground.

Alex44
09-22-2006, 10:59 AM
:rolleyes: You completely mis-read my post and changed it to something else.

:lol: It was a picture of him yawning :tongue: my bad if I misread it

Prophet
09-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Donut boy should keep his pie-hole shut and get into shape and pay ball. What a loser. He gets a new chance, doubt he will make the best of it.

LionsAllTheWay
09-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Millen wanted to cut him before the start of the season. That is how bad it was. Marinelli and Martz say he can be good--eventually. But not now. That's why there might be some truth to the Porter rumors.