PDA

View Full Version : AFC Playoffs are set

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 09:53 PM
I am getting so tired of hearing "its only two games" and all of that nonsense that I am going to go on the record right now and predict that the AFC Playoff teams.

IMO, the only X-factor is Baltimore. Other than them, its SD, Jax, Indy, Cincy, Pittsburgh and NE. And I think Baltimore has had the luxury of playing two of the worst teams in the league in the first two weeks and I think McNair won't stay healthy all year.

So here it is....King of the Naysayers laying it on the line for the Pollyanna Brigade to tear me up if I am wrong.

This is how confident I am of what I've seen in two weeks; and on my ability to make reasoned judgements with this limited amount of data.

If I am totally wrong, then you guys can dismiss everything I say from here out. If I am right, I don't think any of you will be able to credibly use the "its only been two weeks" arguement ever again.

SQuinn17
09-20-2006, 10:03 PM
ummm...no

brandon1986
09-20-2006, 10:06 PM
then why watch? oh great knowing one

bigbade
09-20-2006, 10:07 PM
although i dont think we are totally hopeless i think some people are taking 0-2 too lightly

R_t_Kraken
09-20-2006, 10:08 PM
The AFC playoffs are not set. Sure you're right as of right now those teams are the favorites minus Pitt. they're 1-1. Buffalo handed us more of a beating than they did at our own house and nobody is calling them playoff contenders.

If we go down 0-3, we are in big trouble. If not, we still have a chance. It all depends on the QB, Oline, Secondary, and most imporantly, coaching. If we get better at at least 3 of those 4 positions, QB being an obvious MUST, then we will still be contenders til year's end.

BigDogsHunt
09-20-2006, 10:11 PM
If I am totally wrong, then you guys can dismiss everything I say from here out.

Why wait?

CitizenSnips
09-20-2006, 10:12 PM
hey man. I just wanna see them all fighting again. Personally, this just ain't our year. By the years end, all i want is reassurance that Dauntes back to health, that our oline knows what it needs, and our secondary expirement pans out.

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Why wait?

:lol: Thats the point, Big Dog. No one is waiting. Everyone is jumping in calling me and others names. So I am going to the edge of the earth to attempt to prove my theory--sort of like Columbus when he went out to prove the earth wasn't flat. If I fall of the edge, then you Flat-Earthers are correct. If I don't, then I'll have the last word. Its just a challenge really. One I think I am up for.

Aqua4Ever04
09-20-2006, 10:17 PM
I think I may have already took part in the dismisal of your theroies and opinions. I can't remember what it was about, but I recognize your name from something else. You were probably one of the ones claiming we are the worst team in football after the Pittsburgh game. As for the Bucs being one of the wosrt teams, I don't know about that.

DaBills4life
09-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Injuries injuries injuries!! Its just not that simple 2 weeks in.

Jacksonville is a good team, but lets see them on the road.

SD is a good team, but lets see them against someone other than Oakland and the Titans.

Steelers, Cincy, and Baltimore are good teams, but they play 4 games against eachother. That division is crazy. Winner might be 9-7 or atmost 10-6.

Indy will roll to the playoffs if Manning stays healthy. IMo, thats the only lock, plus 3 other division winners.

1 wildcard WILL be 9-7, which IMO will keep a lot of teams alive.

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 10:22 PM
I think I may have already took part in the dismisal of your theroies and opinions. I can't remember what it was about, but I recognize your name from something else. You were probably one of the ones claiming we are the worst team in football after the Pittsburgh game. As for the Bucs being one of the wosrt teams, I don't know about that.

After the Pittsburgh game, I started a post saying I thought the best we could do was 9-7. So no, it wasn't me claiming we were the worst team in football.

But I am glad you manned up and admitted that you are dissing me. You may be right. I may be totally out of my mind...but you may be wrong. And if you are, we'll be in touch. :D

BigDogsHunt
09-20-2006, 10:24 PM
:lol: Thats the point, Big Dog. No one is waiting. Everyone is jumping in calling me and others names. So I am going to the edge of the earth to attempt to prove my theory--sort of like Columbus when he went out to prove the earth wasn't flat. If I fall of the edge, then you Flat-Earthers are correct. If I don't, then I'll have the last word. Its just a challenge really. One I think I am up for.

Well I am not sure who is calling you a name or bashing you for stating an over the top opinion.

We are both Dolphins Fans, I read and only respond if I can attempt to bring something to the discussion. Lots of stuff I simply dont respond. My above response was in jest to point out that dismissing your perspective is easier than trying to convince you of an opposing view unless you have an open mind.

I gather you dont like DC as a QB. Fine. You base this view of him on his past performance with Minn and conclude that his future will not exceed his past.

Let me ask you. Can you name other players that have contributed to a SB where prior to that you held this similar believe? A QB or not, did someone surprise you and play above the level you limited them to, get in the proper situation and franchise and actually improve their play and performance and win the SB?

Also, when that happened, was it a case that the player in question actually played above their level, or were they talented enough to begin with but you simply judged them on win/loss and not execution or talent correctly to begin with?

If so, perhaps it will happen again?

Pocoloco
09-20-2006, 10:26 PM
you're on.

R_t_Kraken
09-20-2006, 10:26 PM

And you're probably one of the biggest blind faith homers i've ever seen on this board. You think that makes you a great fan or something?

We all buy Dolphins gear, we watch all of their games, you're no bigger of a fin fan, than Tampa, or me, or anyone else, no matter how blindly you choose to follow this team.

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Injuries injuries injuries!! Its just not that simple 2 weeks in.

Jacksonville is a good team, but lets see them on the road.

SD is a good team, but lets see them against someone other than Oakland and the Titans.

Steelers, Cincy, and Baltimore are good teams, but they play 4 games against eachother. That division is crazy. Winner might be 9-7 or atmost 10-6.

Indy will roll to the playoffs if Manning stays healthy. IMo, thats the only lock, plus 3 other division winners.

Its not simple at all, Bills4life. Thats whats going to be so impressive if I am right. I am taking issue with these people who are saying "its only one game" or "its only two weeks in". I know this. But I also know that some things can be defined with limited data.

Take SD. You make an excellent point..they've only played Tn and Oak. But they have a winning recipe...the run the football and they play good defense. That (still) wins in this league. And that kid Merriman might have 25 sacks this season. He's that damn good.

I agree that its a 3 team race in the AFC North (thats why I included Balt as an X factor). But I just see McNair getting hurt before the season is over, and Boller is a mess.

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Well I am not sure who is calling you a name or bashing you for stating an over the top opinion.

We are both Dolphins Fans, I read and only respond if I can attempt to bring something to the discussion. Lots of stuff I simply dont respond. My above response was in jest to point out that dismissing your perspective is easier than trying to convince you of an opposing view unless you have an open mind.

I gather you dont like DC as a QB. Fine. You base this view of him on his past performance with Minn and conclude that his future will not exceed his past.

Let me ask you. Can you name other players that have contributed to a SB where prior to that you held this similar believe? A QB or not, did someone surprise you and play above the level you limited them to, get in the proper situation and franchise and actually improve their play and performance and win the SB?

Also, when that happened, was it a case that the player in question actually played above their level, or were they talented enough to begin with but you simply judged them on win/loss and not execution or talent correctly to begin with?

If so, perhaps it will happen again?

If your point is "Is there any possible way that DC can turn it around and be a SB QB" I would only say I guess its possible. Not probable. But anything is possible. Its possible that Cleo Lemon could be the next Jake Delhomme.

brandon1986
09-20-2006, 10:31 PM
And you're probably one of the biggest blind faith homers i've ever seen on this board. You think that makes you a great fan or something?

We all buy Dolphins gear, we watch all of their games, you're no bigger of a fin fan, than Tampa, or me, or anyone else, no matter how blindly you choose to follow this team.

isnt following your team what a fan does? not bash them and say they are a useless bunch?

Aqua4Ever04
09-20-2006, 10:33 PM
isnt following your team what a fan does? not bash them and say they are a useless bunch?

Great post Brandon. I am sick of all these guys coming in here telling us we're not fans or we're homers. No, it's not that. It's that we support this team in WHATEVER it does. I still watched the team in the 2004 season when they were the worst they've ever been.

Note to some: Stop the bashing and start the supporting!

jpcdolphan
09-20-2006, 10:33 PM
I respect anyone that has the stones to let it all hang out just 2 weeks into the season like that, but even if you're 100% right, what does that prove? Are you suggesting that you have a scientific formula and the regular season only needs to be 2 games long?

After all, according to you, if you're proved right those other 14 games were just a huge waste of time for everyone involved.

Like I said, I respect you taking a strong stand but my personal theory is that if you are proved right, that just makes you an exceptional guesser! :D

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 10:34 PM

Yes, following your team is what a fan does. Its questioning others loyalty to that team because of how they choose to react that gets you "homers" in trouble with those that are more.....honest....about our teams performances.

Aqua4Ever04
09-20-2006, 10:35 PM

I know for a fact I am a BETTER fan than you. Like I said, I support this team to the fullest and always have faith in them. If you knew me, you wouldn't have created this ridiculous post. You're a disgrace to the Dolphin nation.

EDIT: Almost forgot, you're also the one that said winning football games is more important than helping those less fortunate than us.

BigDogsHunt
09-20-2006, 10:35 PM
If your point is "Is there any possible way that DC can turn it around and be a SB QB" I would only say I guess its possible. Not probable. But anything is possible. Its possible that Cleo Lemon could be the next Jake Delhomme.

Of course its possible. As its highly probable that others that didnt meet your likings have proven you incorrect of your initial view. Correct?

So you would rather complain and nay-say about him as our QB then watch, root, and evaluate him in context with the whole teams current performance?

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Great post Brandon. I am sick of all these guys coming in here telling us we're not fans or we're homers. No, it's not that. It's that we support this team in WHATEVER it does. I still watched the team in the 2004 season when they were the worst they've ever been.

Note to some: Stop the bashing and start the supporting!

:sidelol: Oh you young kids.

I will always be a Fins fan. A die hard loyal to-the-end-of-my-life Fins fan. But I won't always say nice things about them "WHATEVER it does". No. Thats not me. I will offer critiques, criticisms, and opinions on whatever I think is the state of the team. When you've been a fan of the Fins for 30+ years, you'll earn that right as well.

R_t_Kraken
09-20-2006, 10:37 PM

Yes following a team is what a fan does, that's why we're all here, what's your point? My problem is with fans that take the "everything is going to be ok approach." "it's just two games." If this were the NBA or MLB the 2 game thing is understandable. In football two games has significant importance. If we're still winless by week 6 I bet you there'd still be some of those same people. Hell, it happened when we were
4-12 on these boards. It doesn't make you less of a fan to be realistic. It's ok to follow your team with a little bit of skepticism. Especially now, when we do look like a "useless bunch."

kkcow15
09-20-2006, 10:40 PM
No personal attacks!

I am getting so tired of hearing "its only two games" and all of that nonsense that I am going to go on the record right now and predict that the AFC Playoff teams.

IMO, the only X-factor is Baltimore. Other than them, its SD, Jax, Indy, Cincy, Pittsburgh and NE. And I think Baltimore has had the luxury of playing two of the worst teams in the league in the first two weeks and I think McNair won't stay healthy all year.

So here it is....King of the Naysayers laying it on the line for the Pollyanna Brigade to tear me up if I am wrong.

This is how confident I am of what I've seen in two weeks; and on my ability to make reasoned judgements with this limited amount of data.

If I am totally wrong, then you guys can dismiss everything I say from here out. If I am right, I don't think any of you will be able to credibly use the "its only been two weeks" arguement ever again.

the good teams will emerge later in the season, we will know who is good down the stretch because that is all that matters. all i have to say is look at last years steelers.

Mike13
09-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Nothing is certain in the NFL.

Columbus wasnt trying to prove that the earth wasn't flat, he thought he could find a faster route to Asia by sailing west, what he didn't know was that there were 2 continents and several islands in the way. Everyone knew the earth was round, Aristotle knew that the earth was round. I know thats not your point, but you should use another analogy.

DUB
09-20-2006, 10:41 PM

Or maybe the guy that Gaurenteed a top 3 pick last season. These shmucks no nothing, especially two games in, ARE YOU SERIOUS?:fire:

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 10:41 PM
I respect anyone that has the stones to let it all hang out just 2 weeks into the season like that, but even if you're 100% right, what does that prove? Are you suggesting that you have a scientific formula and the regular season only needs to be 2 games long?

After all, according to you, if you're proved right those other 14 games were just a huge waste of time for everyone involved.

Like I said, I respect you taking a strong stand but my personal theory is that if you are proved right, that just makes you an exceptional guesser! :D

I am not suggesting that the 14 games don't count. I am simply saying that the first two do as well.

And of course I am guessing...I am making a (highly) educated guess. But I am willing to do that because of all the heat some of us are taking for having strong opinions after "only two games". I think these games count. I think these games mean something. I think some conclusions can be drawn after two games. And I am not afraid to draw them.

brandon1986
09-20-2006, 10:42 PM
you can judge performances, i do we played like **** against buffalo, but i am still going to root for my team i watched them and rooted for them when they were 4-12 why stop now?

constructive criticism is all right, if i am a "homer" then i am but i think of me and aqua4ever04 fans but if you see fit to label us, go ahead

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 10:43 PM
I know for a fact I am a BETTER fan than you. Like I said, I support this team to the fullest and always have faith in them. If you knew me, you wouldn't have created this ridiculous post. You're a disgrace to the Dolphin nation.

EDIT: Almost forgot, you're also the one that said winning football games is more important than helping those less fortunate than us.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: Oh my dear precious God this is indeed a wonderful country. You guys are KILLING me.

R_t_Kraken
09-20-2006, 10:48 PM

Hey kid, i'm just wondering what transpired in your life that made your ego grow out of control? Get your head out the clouds.

"I know that i'm a better fan than you."

Priceless. :sidelol:

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Of course its possible. As its highly probable that others that didnt meet your likings have proven you incorrect of your initial view. Correct?

So you would rather complain and nay-say about him as our QB then watch, root, and evaluate him in context with the whole teams current performance?

Uh...Big Dog, I think you are missing a key component here.

This past Sunday, I was watching, rooting, and hoping for DC like no one you've ever seen. I wanted him to complete every pass, evade every rush, and lead this team to victory. But he did not.

He did not run this offense very efficiently. The defense played far and away well enough for us to win. But the offense totally let us down. And the QB always assumes the responsibility for the offenses performance.

I don't want DC to fail. But he is failing. Thats a fact.

JAcK o D1AmonDs
09-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Its Week 3 and the Playoffs Are Set thanks...

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 10:55 PM
you are an idiot and know nothing of football. the good teams will emerge later in the season, we will know who is good down the stretch because that is all that matters. all i have to say is look at last years steelers.

I may not be a smart man, but I know what good football is. And momma always told me that Dolphins were like a box of chocolates; you never know what your gonna get. :sidelol:

Oh sweet infant Jesus, I love this place.

BigDogsHunt
09-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Uh...Big Dog, I think you are missing a key component here.

This past Sunday, I was watching, rooting, and hoping for DC like no one you've ever seen. I wanted him to complete every pass, evade every rush, and lead this team to victory. But he did not.

He did not run this offense very efficiently. The defense played far and away well enough for us to win. But the offense totally let us down. And the QB always assumes the responsibility for the offenses performance.

I don't want DC to fail. But he is failing. Thats a fact.

Not missing any component. Good to hear, glad you rooted for him and the whole team. Agreed, its a big let down the way the team played. I suspect you will continue to root for him individually to improve as well as the entire team and coaching staff in the coming weeks.

Do you pin the Pitt & Buffalo loss solely on DC? Just the Buffalo loss? Neither solely on him? what?

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Nothing is certain in the NFL.

Columbus wasnt trying to prove that the earth wasn't flat, he thought he could find a faster route to Asia by sailing west, what he didn't know was that there were 2 continents and several islands in the way. Everyone knew the earth was round, Aristotle knew that the earth was round. I know thats not your point, but you should use another analogy.

yes, yes, I know. And I know about Aristotle. I had to study Summa Theologica by St Thomas Aquinas,(and so much of what he did, he did to rebut the Aristotelians) so I am very much aware that they knew the earth was flat. I was making a point...Sometimes you have to go to the edge (of the earth) to make the appropriate point. Thats why I brought it up. Sorry the analogy didn't work for you.

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Or maybe the guy that Gaurenteed a top 3 pick last season. These shmucks no nothing, especially two games in, ARE YOU SERIOUS?:fire:

Oh, I am SERIOUS!

phin-fan34MDH
09-20-2006, 11:02 PM

no one wants to hear that garbage.

Aqua4Ever04
09-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Hey kid, i'm just wondering what transpired in your life that made your ego grow out of control? Get your head out the clouds.

"I know that i'm a better fan than you."

Priceless. :sidelol:

Age doesn't have anything to do with is. And you're only 3 years older than me so I don't know who you're calling kid. I'm talking about loyality, knowledge and support. You obviously have none of the 3.

HelloMotto

maybe in madden 2007. there are alot of games left rookie

TampaFinsFan01
Its Week 3 and the Playoffs Are Set thanks...

No problem my friend. Thats why I am here....to edumacate. :goof:

Aqua4Ever04
09-20-2006, 11:07 PM
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: Oh my dear precious God this is indeed a wonderful country. You guys are KILLING me.

Why don't you re-read some of your posts. You're the one who is saying the playoffs are set after 2 games of football. You're the one killing them softly my friend. Care to tell us who the playoff teams will be in 2007? You seem to know where every one is going to finish and essentially draft. Go ahead, enlighten me.

brandon1986
09-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Age doesn't have anything to do with is. And you're only 3 years older than me so I don't know who you're calling kid. I'm talking about loyality, knowledge and support. You obviously have none of the 3.

great post,im 19 so what, i love any team i root for in any sport, i criticize too, but it is constructive and not saying the team sucks and we are losers no

i am going to stick by my team if the "fans" want to cry like babies and talk about how daunte and the rest of the teams are losers more power to them

i am happy being a "homer" as someone saw fit to label

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 11:11 PM
Not missing any component. Good to hear, glad you rooted for him and the whole team. Agreed, its a big let down the way the team played. I suspect you will continue to root for him individually to improve as well as the entire team and coaching staff in the coming weeks.

Do you pin the Pitt & Buffalo loss solely on DC? Just the Buffalo loss? Neither solely on him? what?

I will root for anyone who plays for the Fins. I rooted for Jay Fied...(I just can't type his whole name, you know the one) for as long as he was here.

Football is a team sport, to be sure. But many games (certainly both of our games) come down to a couple of plays. And since the QB has his hands on the ball for every play, he is going to have a HUGE impact on the game.

If you look back on the Pittsburgh game, on his first INT (by Palomalu) if he leads Chambers, I think CC scores. He had his guy beat. He also had a good look for a TD at the end of the first half. So while not entirely his fault, if Tom Brady was our QB, we win that game.

Against Buffalo, I don't know. He made some bonehead plays, and I think he didn't make some plays that could have gone for at least positive yards. And then, who knows?

To date, he hasn't made one play for us, and has made several plays that have cost us. And IMO, that fact is so obvious is almost hysterically hilarious tha everyone doesn't see it.

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 11:12 PM
no one wants to hear that garbage.

Do you have signed notes from everyone granting you permission to speak for them?

Aqua4Ever04
09-20-2006, 11:13 PM
great post,im 19 so what, i love any team i root for in any sport, i criticize too, but it is constructive and not saying the team sucks and we are losers no

i am going to stick by my team if the "fans" want to cry like babies and talk about how daunte and the rest of the teams are losers more power to them

i am happy being a "homer" as someone saw fit to label

You're really growing on me Brandon. (Except that whole Yankee/ARod thing. :wink:) We aren't homers, a homer is someone who would consider their Oakland Raiders a playoff team. The thing with all these nay sayers, is that just 2 weeks ago, they were saying we were for sure a playoff team and possibly Super Bowl team. It's a joke how quickly they have turned. Here's to be a loyal and SUPPORTIVE fan!

R_t_Kraken
09-20-2006, 11:15 PM

I'm calling you a kid. Only a kid would say something as ignorant, and unfounded as "i'm a better fan than you." I don't give a crap if you're 18
or 81. That comment was unnecessary and proof that you're grasping at straws. What makes you think i'm unloyal, unknowledgabe or unsupportive? Because I don't share the homerotica that you're obviously engulfed by? Does that make me less of a fan now?

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 11:15 PM

I have a son that is two years older than you, so I will be the one calling you a kid. Is that ok? And how do you know that anyone on this board has loyalty, knowledge, or support? How can you possibly know that?

rdhstlr23
09-20-2006, 11:16 PM
So you're just making these opinions to upset those that are saying that you're aren't a fan. So, you're basically fueling the fire. You've noted by your posts after the original thread that you're not totally confident, but you'll just make the predictions, and if you're right you can tell everyone off, but if not, well it was only 2 weeks in. Dude, how about you just calm down, and let the season ride out. Teams have started off poorly and come back. I'm not saying you're not a fan. I think what you've shown is to be annoying.

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 11:17 PM
maybe in madden 2007. there are alot of games left rookie

Hell, now I am a rookie? Geez. I watched my first Fins game (at least that I remember) in 1971 and now I am a lowly rookie. Man...this sucks. Can I at least be a 2nd year guy?

Aqua4Ever04
09-20-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm calling you a kid. Only a kid would say something as ignorant, and unfounded as "i'm a better fan than you." I don't give a crap if you're 18
or 81. That comment was unnecessary and proof that you're grasping at straws. What makes you think i'm unloyal, unknowledgabe or unsupportive? Because I don't share the homerotica that you're obviously engulfed by? Does that make me less of a fan now?

Based on reading posts you have made. I haven't seen you say anything intelligent or in any form of contirbution to this site. Only that the team is garbage and blah blah blah.

PhinBeck
09-20-2006, 11:19 PM

Another ego "PickMe, Pick Me"

Why be a fin fan if all you want is to whine?

Why is it I get the sense you want them to lose now so you can say you were right?

Make yourself be happy choose the top team every year and you will never be disappointed. It is sports, things dont always fall your way, get over it. Me, I am a fin fan thru and thru and while I know there are big concerns, I choose to continue to hope for the best.

Aqua4Ever04
09-20-2006, 11:20 PM
I have a son that is two years older than you, so I will be the one calling you a kid. Is that ok? And how do you know that anyone on this board has loyalty, knowledge, or support? How can you possibly know that?

I base it on what I read. There are several members on here I will read a post they have written just because of their name. The same goes in the opposite direction for some. You and Kud and flirting dangerously close with the bad line. :wink:

brandon1986
09-20-2006, 11:20 PM
You're really growing on me Brandon. (Except that whole Yankee/ARod thing. :wink:) We aren't homers, a homer is someone who would consider their Oakland Raiders a playoff team. The thing with all these nay sayers, is that just 2 weeks ago, they were saying we were for sure a playoff team and possibly Super Bowl team. It's a joke how quickly they have turned. Here's to be a loyal and SUPPORTIVE fan!

have to stay with the yanks, i have been a yankee fan since i can remember

but you can be a fan and have constructive criticism, i said that i didnt like the play calling so far, but to say this is all dauntes fault, or bench cpep for harrington

you are right about how people were saying we were a playoff team and a sb contender, now we are frauds we suck and all that bull****?

if you think they are losers why watch? why do you watch, i will watch the phins if they go 0-16 and still say i see good things

i said we did better on defense against the bills then we did against the steelers, i said we should run more, i can have criticism without bashing the team

Aussiefinfan54
09-20-2006, 11:24 PM
you have got to be kidding mate seriously have some pride and hope in your team 2 games doesnt decide a season!!!!!

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Why don't you re-read some of your posts. You're the one who is saying the playoffs are set after 2 games of football. You're the one killing them softly my friend. Care to tell us who the playoff teams will be in 2007? You seem to know where every one is going to finish and essentially draft. Go ahead, enlighten me.

Give me two weeks into the 07 season, and I'll damn sure try my best.

Let me ask you....are no trends starting to show in the AFC in your mind?

I'll admit to you that the NFC is a mess. I have no idea. But the AFC...Denver is looking less than dominant. So is KC. So is Miami. I think we pretty much can write Houston, Tenn, Cleveland, and Oakland out. Theres only 16 teams and thats 25% of them that I think most of us would agree on. I think most people would agree that Indy, Jax, and NE are most probably in. There's only 6 playoff spots. If we agree on those four that are out and those three teams that are in......We're only talking about sifting three teams from 9.

For me, its easy to deduce that the Jets, Buffalo, Miami, Denver, KC have all been less than stellar or have issues (Pennington's health, Losman as QB, Trent Green's concussion, Plummer's inconsitency,) that make it uphill for these teams. That only leaves Baltimore as an X factor.

Could I be wrong? Yeah, sure. It wouldn't be the first time. But its logical. There is a case to be made after week two that the AFC playoffs are looking like 7 identifiable teams battling for 6 spots.

R_t_Kraken
09-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Based on reading posts you have made. I haven't seen you say anything intelligent or in any form of contirbution to this site. Only that the team is garbage and blah blah blah.

That might have something to do with the fact that you've only read posts from my since, two days ago? i've been one of the most optimistic fans on this board since I joined this site, over two years ago. But since you've read posts from me for 2 days that you don't agree with, you think that's enough to pass judgement on me as a fan. Alright. :lol:

Fact of the matter is i'm fed up with all this, "It's ok." "The sky isn't falling." "Be patient." crap. I'm tired of the Culpepper hugging, and the Saban worshipping. And i'm tired of waiting for my team to get their heads out of their ***. I was once a blind faith fan like you, and then something clicked in my brain and I said to myself, "Why in the hell am I submitting myself to this the abuse my favorite team subjects me too every freakin year?" I'm tired of being that kind of fan. It just makes me miserable.

Sitting back and being patient isn't going to work. Being hard on this team and demanding results will. Hell that's been the Dolphins fans M.O. for many years. We may be a fickle bunch but the fact that we demand success is what has made our team winners for most of their existance.

Oh and if you're looking for a "positive" post from me, take a look at the first post by me in this thread genius.

brandon1986
09-20-2006, 11:31 PM
the patriots have not looked great at all, they faced buffalo a good d and almost lost, they played the jets a bad team and almost lost, who is to say we dont get hot fix the problems and surprise the pats and win?

you said you could be wrong, but you already said the playoffs are set

so what is it? the playoffs are set or the playoffs are set but i may be wrong

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 11:32 PM
So you're just making these opinions to upset those that are saying that you're aren't a fan. So, you're basically fueling the fire. You've noted by your posts after the original thread that you're not totally confident, but you'll just make the predictions, and if you're right you can tell everyone off, but if not, well it was only 2 weeks in. Dude, how about you just calm down, and let the season ride out. Teams have started off poorly and come back. I'm not saying you're not a fan. I think what you've shown is to be annoying.

You are not nearly getting what I am saying. If I am annoying, maybe its because I get annoyed at so many saying "nothing matters" yet. Thats why I am making this prediction. Not too piss people off, not to tell them off, not to fuel a fire. I see a trend in the AFC. After two weeks. We'll see if I am right or not.

BigDogsHunt
09-20-2006, 11:33 PM
If you look back on the Pittsburgh game, on his first INT (by Palomalu) if he leads Chambers, I think CC scores. He had his guy beat. He also had a good look for a TD at the end of the first half. So while not entirely his fault, if Tom Brady was our QB, we win that game.

To date, he hasn't made one play for us, and has made several plays that have cost us. And IMO, that fact is so obvious is almost hysterically hilarious tha everyone doesn't see it.

Do you get to see film of the game following what you saw? Do you ever watch the film from the game or only watch it once on TV or see it live and try remember what you think you saw?

Because, while I understand these are your views and opinions, both are inaccurrate to the facts.

TP made a great play, but sorry unless TP wasnt physically there it wasnt going for a TD. DC threw a great pass, and put it on the money, except TP made a better play and picked it off. He didnt throw it behind CC, watch the film, TP took it at the high point and it makes it seem that CC was reaching back for the ball, when in fact he was reacting to TP leaping for INT, not the ball.

Pure speculation on what Brady would or wouldnt do. Every team is unique and perceived talent means nothing to how they would or wouldnt fit in this organization, anymore than how they fit in their own. I suspect if Pitt lost in game 1 Pitt fans would claim Big Ben would never have lost. And in week 2, I bet a few Pitt fans are saying dang Batch would have won that game. Its speculative, pointless, and typical of fans when a L goes on the board vs. a W.

Plus, during the the scoring drives for Miami, including the drive following the Pitt fumble, DC made some great throws, and did in fact make play after play for us.

Against Buffalo, I don't know. He made some bonehead plays, and I think he didn't make some plays that could have gone for at least positive yards. And then, who knows?

Yes, he made some boneheaded plays, the INT especially. Thats obvious and I am sure if asked he would state that he would love to have that pass back. But regardless his play alone did not cost us the game. The film has shown that also.

Clearly, I am not implying DC hasnt underperformed during these two games and contributed to leaving points on the field. But right now, I see this team beating itself up and down the roster vs. our opponents beating us. Very few individual players or units as a whole are without sin here.

And that includes our staff as well. Improvement has to happen, no doubt. I just cant label DC as our biggest problem right now. I am not sure if you are either, but clearly you feel he is higher up on the "problem" list then I have him slotted.

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 11:34 PM
I base it on what I read. There are several members on here I will read a post they have written just because of their name. The same goes in the opposite direction for some. You and Kud and flirting dangerously close with the bad line. :wink:

Save the women and children. Kud and I are dangerous.

Mike13
09-20-2006, 11:35 PM
yes, yes, I know. And I know about Aristotle. I had to study Summa Theologica by St Thomas Aquinas,(and so much of what he did, he did to rebut the Aristotelians) so I am very much aware that they knew the earth was flat. I was making a point...Sometimes you have to go to the edge (of the earth) to make the appropriate point. Thats why I brought it up. Sorry the analogy didn't work for you.

No biggie, anyways do you blame Cpep or the team as a whole for our 0-2 start? Everyone has played like *** on Sunday, with the exception of Ronnie, he was kicking *** before we gave up on the running game. And by we I mean Mularkey.

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 11:37 PM
the patriots have not looked great at all, they faced buffalo a good d and almost lost, they played the jets a bad team and almost lost, who is to say we dont get hot fix the problems and surprise the pats and win?

you said you could be wrong, but you already said the playoffs are set

so what is it? the playoffs are set or the playoffs are set but i may be wrong

I cannot believe this is so hard for so many. I THINK the playoffs are set. I COULD be wrong. Can it not be clearly inferred that every post is someones opinion? Some of you guys are incredible. :confused:

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Do you get to see film of the game following what you saw? Do you ever watch the film from the game or only watch it once on TV or see it live and try remember what you think you saw?

Because, while I understand these are your views and opinions, both are inaccurrate to the facts.

TP made a great play, but sorry unless TP wasnt physically there it wasnt going for a TD. DC threw a great pass, and put it on the money, except TP made a better play and picked it off. He didnt throw it behind CC, watch the film, TP took it at the high point and it makes it seem that CC was reaching back for the ball, when in fact he was reacting to TP leaping for INT, not the ball.

Pure speculation on what Brady would or wouldnt do. Every team is unique and perceived talent means nothing to how they would or would fit in this organization, anymore than how they fit in their own. I suspect if Pitt lost in game 1 Pitt fans would claim Big Ben would never have lost. And in week 2, I bet a few Pitt fans are saying dang Batch would have won that game. Its speculative, pointless, and typical of fans when a L goes on the board vs. a W.

Plus, during the the scoring drives for Miami, including the drive following the Pitt fumble, DC made some great throws, and did in fact make play after play for us.

Yes, he made some boneheaded plays, the INT especially. Thats obvious and I am sure if asked he would state unequivicably state that he would love to have that pass back. But regardless his play alone did not cost us the game. The film has shown that also.

Clearly, I am not implying DC hasnt underperformed during these two games and contributed to leaving points on the field. But right now, I see this team beating itself up and down the roster vs. our opponents beating us. Very few individual players or units as a whole are without sin here.

And that includes our staff as well. Improvement has to happen, no doubt. I just cant label DC as our biggest problem right now. I am not sure if you are either, but clearly you feel he is higher up on the "problem" list then I have him slotted.

Fair points...I did rewatch the Pittsburgh game, I didn't put myself thru the Buffalo game. And I have to disagree with you on TPs INT. I think if the throws it deeper, CC at least makes the catch...and I think he scores. I don't know who wins a footrace between TP and CC, but I suspect it would be Chambers. IMO, it wasn't a perfect pass.

As for where DC is on the "Problem Chart", hes the only one that handles the ball every play. So when the offense isn't playing well, IMO he has to be held to a higher level of accoutability than a WR or LG or TE or RB.

TampaFinsFan01
09-20-2006, 11:50 PM
No biggie, anyways do you blame Cpep or the team as a whole for our 0-2 start? Everyone has played like *** on Sunday, with the exception of Ronnie, he was kicking *** before we gave up on the running game. And by we I mean Mularkey.

Its not all Culpepper...but its alot of him.

And the Ronnie Brown thing is frustrating to no end. Not only was he running well, but their DBs were getting up holding their shoulder after they tackled him. All he needs to do is make one guy miss and hes a threat to score.

So if he only gets 3 or 3.5 yards a carry on first and second down, now you 3rd and 3 or 4. Both very manageable. I'd spread it out and run him again and then punt. I would script about 15 plays to start the game and about 12 of them would be running plays (and about 11 of them would be with Brown).

And I would run at the CBs. I would try to block everyone and let the CBs come get Ronnie. I think that by the third and fourth qtr, thats a matchup we win. But if you don't do it in the first half, then it doesn't work in the second.

So I would put 50% on Saban (I blame him for MMs bad playcalling), 35% on DC, and 15% on STs and Defense.

The way the defense played, we could have won both games, inspite of giving up that 80 yard TD to Heath Miller.

brandon1986
09-20-2006, 11:51 PM
I cannot believe this is so hard for so many. I THINK the playoffs are set. I COULD be wrong. Can it not be clearly inferred that every post is someones opinion? Some of you guys are incredible. :confused:

you can have your opinion, the thread says the playoffs are set, not the playoffs might be set

yet you keep saying i could be wrong, if you could be wrong how are the playoff set? isnt that a oxymoron?

BigDogsHunt
09-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Fair points...I did rewatch the Pittsburgh game, I didn't put myself thru the Buffalo game. And I have to disagree with you on TPs INT. I think if the throws it deeper, CC at least makes the catch...and I think he scores. I don't know who wins a footrace between TP and CC, but I suspect it would be Chambers. IMO, it wasn't a perfect pass.

As for where DC is on the "Problem Chart", hes the only one that handles the ball every play. So when the offense isn't playing well, IMO he has to be held to a higher level of accoutability than a WR or LG or TE or RB.

Well if you rewatched the TP INT...not sure how you think he should have thrown it further....TP made a great play....once the ball was in the air DC cant change the flight. No reason to throw it deeper since it was going to be on the money, until TP showed up.

Yes, QB handles the ball the most. But higher level of accountability?? Well I say same level. I think from the OC, to the OL, the TE/RB/FB on blocking schemes and WR/TE/RB on routes all have equal accountability.

So, here is to rooting on the team this week, and hoping beyond hope they have figured things out in practice this week to play inspired, controlled, smart football. Play Miami Dolphins football, execute correctly and that will lead to a W in week 3.

BigDogsHunt
09-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Its not all Culpepper...but its alot of him.

And the Ronnie Brown thing is frustrating to no end. Not only was he running well, but their DBs were getting up holding their shoulder after they tackled him. All he needs to do is make one guy miss and hes a threat to score.

So if he only gets 3 or 3.5 yards a carry on first and second down, now you 3rd and 3 or 4. Both very manageable. I'd spread it out and run him again and then punt. I would script about 15 plays to start the game and about 12 of them would be running plays (and about 11 of them would be with Brown).

And I would run at the CBs. I would try to block everyone and let the CBs come get Ronnie. I think that by the third and fourth qtr, thats a matchup we win. But if you don't do it in the first half, then it doesn't work in the second.

So I would put 50% on Saban (I blame him for MMs bad playcalling), 35% on DC, and 15% on STs and Defense.

The way the defense played, we could have won both games, inspite of giving up that 80 yard TD to Heath Miller.

:confused: I think you missed typed here? Youre down on DC, but you are looking to go 3 and out with 3 running plays then punt?

:D I know what you meant but this made me laugh.

Anyway, yes, it could be argued without much debate that we stopped running in both games. While we didnt run effectively for lots of yardage vs. Pitt, we mixed it in with every series properly except in the drive following the Pitt fumble, and of course the last 3 possession that were all passes with two INTs. But we should have run more, when the LOS was no longer being stuffed after the Miller TD. MM lost the chess match there, plain and simple.

In the Buffalo game, we ran quite effectively, but shot ourselves in the foot with pass protection and execution in key 3rd down rushing attempts. Plus penalities kept putting us in a deeper hole for longer down and distances as well.

Yes, our D make some big communication mistakes vs. Pitt all 3 Pitt offensive TDs were communication breakdowns with zone coverage.

The D improved vs. Buffalo but wasnt stellar outside of holding them to FGs. Blocked Punt breakdown, and Pass interference hurt us for 10points as well.

As I say, here's to week 3 and improved execution from all facets of the game.

Aqua4Ever04
09-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Save the women and children. Kud and I are dangerous.

I can tell by his avy. Where is your Marylin Manson type picture?

Despacio
09-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Whoever started this thread has obviously not been watching NFL football the past ten years.

TampaFinsFan01
09-21-2006, 07:19 AM
you can have your opinion, the thread says the playoffs are set, not the playoffs might be set

yet you keep saying i could be wrong, if you could be wrong how are the playoff set? isnt that a oxymoron?

I thought it would be common sense that everyone would know that the playoffs weren't actually set, that it was my opinion. I guess I overestimated the common sense on this board.

TampaFinsFan01
09-21-2006, 07:23 AM
:confused: I think you missed typed here? Youre down on DC, but you are looking to go 3 and out with 3 running plays then punt?

:D I know what you meant but this made me laugh.

Anyway, yes, it could be argued without much debate that we stopped running in both games. While we didnt run effectively for lots of yardage vs. Pitt, we mixed it in with every series properly except in the drive following the Pitt fumble, and of course the last 3 possession that were all passes with two INTs. But we should have run more, when the LOS was no longer being stuffed after the Miller TD. MM lost the chess match there, plain and simple.

In the Buffalo game, we ran quite effectively, but shot ourselves in the foot with pass protection and execution in key 3rd down rushing attempts. Plus penalities kept putting us in a deeper hole for longer down and distances as well.

Yes, our D make some big communication mistakes vs. Pitt all 3 Pitt offensive TDs were communication breakdowns with zone coverage.

The D improved vs. Buffalo but wasnt stellar outside of holding them to FGs. Blocked Punt breakdown, and Pass interference hurt us for 10points as well.

As I say, here's to week 3 and improved execution from all facets of the game.

I meant what I said about running the ball three times and punt. I'll take my chances of running the ball on third and three and third and four, esp early in the game. A punt isn't the worst thing. Running the ball is better than taking a sack and DC is getting sacked WAYYYY too much.

Vince Lombardi used to say that "Every drive should end in a kick". I believe that. I also believe that we should make it our goal to have no negative plays. Which means passing less and running more.

TampaFinsFan01
09-21-2006, 07:25 AM
Whoever started this thread has obviously not been watching NFL football the past ten years.

I've been watching the NFL for over 35 years. Not bad, huh?

cnc66
09-21-2006, 07:37 AM
I've been watching the NFL for over 35 years. Not bad, huh?

and you didn't learn a thing.... hahahaha

Since I am used to catching hell, I will go out on the limb and be first to put my John Hancock on the Dump Saban Sheet. I am interested to see how many TRUE FANs after only ONE GAME are willing to stand out here in the heat with me?

ch19079
09-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Division champs:
colts
chargers
stealers/bengals
toss up in the AFC East (could be any team in there, even the god damn jets)

Wildcard:
Bengals/Stealers (whoever didnt win the division)
jags/bengals (im leaning twards the jags cus their D is so good).