PDA

View Full Version : Which Xbox 360 RPG do you want?

Majpain
09-21-2006, 02:48 PM
I have narrowed it down to 3 choices.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/lotrwhitecouncil/index.html
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/twoworlds/index.html
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/marvelultimatealliance/index.html

Seriously though the Lotr sounds very good.

mor911
09-21-2006, 03:18 PM
The first LOTR RPG was SO horrible. Anything that is EA and isn't some kind of sport (like basketball, football, Soccer, or driving) should be avoided at all costs.

Phin-o-rama
09-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Marvel ultimate alliance I think is definitely one I will get....we will see tho

mor911
09-21-2006, 03:26 PM
What about Lost Odessy, Blue Dragon, and Eternal Sonota... They're all VERY potent RPGs-to-imo

Majpain
09-21-2006, 04:31 PM
What about Lost Odessy, Blue Dragon, and Eternal Sonota... They're all VERY potent RPGs-to-imo

Well Enternal looks like a must have. The other games dont appeal to me. The Lost odessy game wasnt very impressive at all. I'm sick to death of turn base.

Buddwalk
09-21-2006, 04:33 PM
wait til bioware releases info on the next star wars kotor game...thats the only rpg worth getting on the consoles imo

Dol-Fan Dupree
09-21-2006, 04:37 PM
wait til bioware releases info on the next star wars kotor game...thats the only rpg worth getting on the consoles imo

I wonder if they are going to start over or keep the trilogy going.

Phin-o-rama
09-21-2006, 04:45 PM

zomg too many choices :(

mor911
09-21-2006, 04:47 PM
wait til bioware releases info on the next star wars kotor game...thats the only rpg worth getting on the consoles imoOh god I left Mass Effect out of the list. That's Bioware's baby! That is a must-buy imo.

Majpain
09-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Whats so special about Bioware?

Dol-Fan Dupree
09-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Whats so special about Bioware?

Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Baal and Knights of the old Republic.

For many other people Neverwinter Nights.

Buddwalk
09-21-2006, 04:56 PM
I wonder if they are going to start over or keep the trilogy going.

Whatever it is it'll be related to the 1st and 2nd somehow...may even be a prequel for the first game, revan and malak when they were lightsided jedis

Dol-Fan Dupree
09-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Whatever it is it'll be related to the 1st and 2nd somehow...may even be a prequel for the first game, revan and malak when they were lightsided jedis

I would love for them to take on the fall of the Sith Empire.

Buddwalk
09-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I would love for them to take on the fall of the Sith Empire.

storyline shouldnt be too much of a problem for bioware...I just want them to do a couple things with the game like new planets, maybe some vehicles you can use for transportation so you dont have to run everywhere, change you races/species Gets a little bit boring always being a human. Maybe go more indepth instead of always having to be a jedi maybe you can be a bounty hunter...they need to seriously take a GTA approach to it but keep the awesome storyline...make the citys humongous too

Dol-Fan Dupree
09-21-2006, 05:08 PM
storyline shouldnt be too much of a problem for bioware...I just want them to do a couple things with the game like new planets, maybe some vehicles you can use for transportation so you dont have to run everywhere, change you races/species Gets a little bit boring always being a human. Maybe go more indepth instead of always having to be a jedi maybe you can be a bounty hunter...they need to seriously take a GTA approach to it but keep the awesome storyline...make the citys humongous too

Maybe if they make a different game entirely. Other than a few tweaks and making it bigger and better I think they have a winning formula with how the game is made now.

GTA star wars would be fun however so far I really love the story driven nature of KotOR.

mor911
09-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Bioware = The new Square

Here's another tidbit of info nobody wants to admit. Square isn't the same Square that put out classics like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, 7, and 8, and Secret of Mana. To use an old cliched term, "They don't make 'em like they used to". While I am excited about Final Fantasy 12 and 13, I don't expect them to be mega classics. Look at the RPGs they've pushed out lately. Nothing like the classics of old.

Dol-Fan Dupree
09-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Bioware = The new Square

Here's another tidbit of info nobody wants to admit. Square isn't the same Square that put out classics like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, 7, and 8, and Secret of Mana. To use an old cliched term, "They don't make 'em like they used to". While I am excited about Final Fantasy 12 and 13, I don't expect them to be mega classics. Look at the RPGs they've pushed out lately. Nothing like the classics of old.

How do you like 8? I never understood how anyone could consider that game a classic. It had a horrible bad guy and those stupid parts with the father.

9 was amazing. I didn't understand how people didn't like it just because it had squatty characters.

However of course they don't make them like they used to. XI was a MMORPG. XII is nothing like any FF, in fact it is more like Vagrant Story. I am still really looking forward to XII. It has been so long since a REAL ff has come out. Hard to count XI.

mor911
09-21-2006, 05:30 PM
How do you like 8? I never understood how anyone could consider that game a classic. It had a horrible bad guy and those stupid parts with the father.

9 was amazing. I didn't understand how people didn't like it just because it had squatty characters.

However of course they don't make them like they used to. XI was a MMORPG. XII is nothing like any FF, in fact it is more like Vagrant Story. I am still really looking forward to XII. It has been so long since a REAL ff has come out. Hard to count XI.I hated 8 bro. HATED. I put it on there because it has a strong fan following. I loved 4,5,6,7, and 9 :hi5:

Nine's squatty characters were a welcome change to the "realistic" looking ones they were getting into.

I have the japanese FF12, and it is Vagrant Story if you ask me. Why wouldn't they just name it Vagrant Story? Because there's a **** load more money in calling it Final Fantasy :lol:

Dolfan984
09-21-2006, 05:51 PM

However of course they don't make them like they used to. XI was a MMORPG. XII is nothing like any FF, in fact it is more like Vagrant Story. I am still really looking forward to XII. It has been so long since a REAL ff has come out. Hard to count XI.

I thought 8 was horrible too. I'm really hoping FF12 is awesome, but IMO it wasn't like 10 was bad. It's been a lot of years since that came out though.

Majpain
09-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Wow I didnt know Bioware created Kotor. I love those games!

ChrisKo
09-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Well Enternal looks like a must have. The other games dont appeal to me. The Lost odessy game wasnt very impressive at all. I'm sick to death of turn base.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like real time RPGs

ChrisKo
09-21-2006, 06:12 PM
I'm actually a fan of Konami's Suikoden series, so I'm hoping we get VI on the PS3 or other platform. And why can't Konami release the original 2 games on the PSP in the US, they already have it ported in Japan, just translate them damn you!

I actually started playing through 1 again earlier this week.

mor911
09-21-2006, 06:21 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like real time RPGsI don't hate them, but I do prefer (by a long shot) a turn based RPG

Majpain
09-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Well I dont hate all turnbase. Its jsut boring. Sorry :(. I mean look at the great game that is Tales of Symphonia, that action is incredible.

illscriptures
09-21-2006, 07:36 PM
I just saw the video for Lost Odessy, and I must say that it looks incredible... but the fact that it is turn base will keep me from buying it... real time... or no time for me to play.

TheMageGandalf
09-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Well I dont hate all turnbase. Its jsut boring. Sorry :(. I mean look at the great game that is Tales of Symphonia, that action is incredible.

Dude...(if you havent played them) try out FALLOUT and FALLOUT 2 for the PC.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/

Thats a website that talks about Fallout and post-nuclear rpgs in general so it should give you any info you need on the game(s).

Might be a little hard to find now so you can always eBay them.

TRUST ME. You'll at least have played a turn based RPG that wont be boring.

Personally, I like all kinds of RPGs as long as the story and the character developement are interesting and fun.

I am not a fan of the newer FF's, honestly, I think they suck.

It's sad they dont make them like they used to.

Majpain
09-21-2006, 07:59 PM
I cant wait to get my hands on HGL, which comes out for PC!

TheMageGandalf
09-21-2006, 08:12 PM
I cant wait to get my hands on HGL, which comes out for PC!

HGL?

TheMageGandalf
09-21-2006, 08:18 PM
I'll tell you guys one game I cant wait for on the PC:

MEDIEVAL TOTAL WAR 2

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/medieval2totalwar/index.html?tag=topten;all_title;2

TheMageGandalf
09-21-2006, 08:22 PM
I have narrowed it down to 3 choices.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/lotrwhitecouncil/index.html
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/twoworlds/index.html
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/marvelultimatealliance/index.html

Seriously though the Lotr sounds very good.

Now that I have time I'll answer the thread question...

I like the LOTR RPG It looks good, I'll get it if its more open world and not so confined as the last one.

Meaning, I didnt like the fact in the last one that you didnt sell anything you aquired, items came to you instead of like diablo (randomly) they were at the right place at the right time...things like that pissed me off. It was like playing that SNES FF game Mystic Quest.

Two worlds seems good too but thats one I'll definitely wait for a review on.

The last one, ehhh I am not a fan of Superhero RPG's. Just not my thing really. I like the Superhero stuff in action/adventure games, but in RPG's, not so much.

Majpain
09-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Hell Gate London. Its 1st person and 3rd person action RPG that has both free and Pay to play multiplayer. Its basically like Xbox gold and silver membership.

Phin-o-rama
09-21-2006, 09:34 PM
fable 2 will be out next year

NuttyFin
09-21-2006, 10:41 PM
What about Mass Effect?

TheMageGandalf
09-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Hell Gate London. Its 1st person and 3rd person action RPG that has both free and Pay to play multiplayer. Its basically like Xbox gold and silver membership.

Oh yeah!

Thats the one made by the creators of Diablo (I am guessing they obviously dont work for Blizzard anymore).

That is definitely one I am watching out for.

Majpain
09-21-2006, 11:15 PM
Oh yeah!

Thats the one made by the creators of Diablo (I am guessing they obviously dont work for Blizzard anymore).

That is definitely one I am watching out for.

Yup! Plus you can coustomize your weapons. Alot of Diablo elements in HGL.

TheMageGandalf
09-21-2006, 11:16 PM
fable 2 will be out next year

i'm hoping they make this one more open ended like the Elder Scrolls games and not so linear like the first Fable.