PDA

View Full Version : MGS4 Expected to be released in late 07 -- But a new trailer is out ***UPDATE***

mor911
09-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Hideo Kojima estimates that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots will need at least another year's worth of development time before it's finished. While Kojima had previously promised to deliver in 2007, he's narrowed that window to late 2007 -- at the earliest. For now, Konami is offering a new trailer, which is currently premiering at Tokyo Game Show.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/733/733889p1.html

NOTE -- The trailer isn't on IGN yet, it's just a detailed walk through of the trailer.

UPDATE -- GI says that MGS4 is set for a summer 07 release. Granted, this is in Japan so I don't know if that means anything here.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19891

Motion
09-21-2006, 03:37 PM
:boohoo: @ late 2007

:woot: at more development

I'm :drool: ing at the potential this game could have coming from him on a machine like the PS3

Stitches
09-21-2006, 04:11 PM
I'm glad he's delaying it. I'd rather see it be stellar quality than just a good game coming out on time. I'm willing to wait the extra time if it meand making it better. And at least he hasn't pushed it back multiple times *coughtwilightprincesscough* or pushed it back only one month before it's supposed to come out or something.

What do I care anyways, I've never owned an MGS game.

mor911
09-21-2006, 04:14 PM
You guys understand that Nintendo and Blizzard intentionally push back release date little at a time because it keeps hype for the game high. MGS doesn't need hype, so they can push it back a year and it'll still we well received.

Stitches
09-21-2006, 04:33 PM
You guys understand that Nintendo and Blizzard intentionally push back release date little at a time because it keeps hype for the game high. MGS doesn't need hype, so they can push it back a year and it'll still we well received.

No I didn't realize that. I would think they wouldn't need to do that with Zelda since it is such a solid franchise, and about the only worthwhile game the Cube has to look forward to.

Dol-Fan Dupree
09-21-2006, 04:35 PM

Then they must be amazing developers as those two companies routinely release very quality products.

mor911
09-21-2006, 04:46 PM
No I didn't realize that. I would think they wouldn't need to do that with Zelda since it is such a solid franchise, and about the only worthwhile game the Cube has to look forward to.That's part of the reason, the other part is (Nintendo fanboys will never admit to this) Windwaker.... wasn't that good. It left a sour taste in a lot of fan's mouths and they need to put Zelda back on the top.

Dol-Fan Dupree
09-21-2006, 04:53 PM
That's part of the reason, the other part is (Nintendo fanboys will never admit to this) Windwaker.... wasn't that good. It left a sour taste in a lot of fan's mouths and they need to put Zelda back on the top.

Minus the graphics what was wrong with that game? The only people I know who played it and didn't like it, just hated the art direction. I have yet to read anywhere that suggests that the game was not of good quality.

mor911
09-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Minus the graphics what was wrong with that game? The only people I know who played it and didn't like it, just hated the art direction. I have yet to read anywhere that suggests that the game was not of good quality.What bothered me the most about it wasn't the art style. I welcome changes sometimes. I had two major gripes. First, It followed the same over-used Zelda formula. The fanboys eat that crap up, but if the game was called "The Adventure of Bob" nobody would have liked it. Why? Becuase people rank games 2-4 points higher just because it has Zelda in the title. It's the same old formula... Here's every Zelda game since Link to the Past:

Link has some problem, goes to dungeon/castle. Finds weapon or power that lo-and-behold helps him get to and defeat the boss. And what the hell, it also get's him to the next dungeon/castle that will also have a power that will also help him get to and defeat the boss. Repeat until the game is complete.

In the case of Wind Waker, you also have to add an area of time to aimlessly sail around looking in the depths of the ocean for peices of the Tri Force. Apparently putting them in dungeons were too much fun. :lol:

Dol-Fan Dupree
09-21-2006, 05:22 PM
What bothered me the most about it wasn't the art style. I welcome changes sometimes. I had two major gripes. First, It followed the same over-used Zelda formula. The fanboys eat that crap up, but if the game was called "The Adventure of Bob" nobody would have liked it. Why? Becuase people rank games 2-4 points higher just because it has Zelda in the title. It's the same old formula... Here's every Zelda game since Link to the Past:

Link has some problem, goes to dungeon/castle. Finds weapon or power that lo-and-behold helps him get to and defeat the boss. And what the hell, it also get's him to the next dungeon/castle that will also have a power that will also help him get to and defeat the boss. Repeat until the game is complete.

In the case of Wind Waker, you also have to add an area of time to aimlessly sail around looking in the depths of the ocean for peices of the Tri Force. Apparently putting them in dungeons were too much fun. :lol:

I don't know, you can say the same thing about first person shooters. That they are a bunch of guns with guys running around and you kill them, then you have to kill more, then you have to kill more and then you have to kill more and then you have to find a key that opens a door so you can kill more and then you beat the game. And those first person shooter fanboys eat them up.

I don't think Zelda can ever stray to far away from the Zelda formula or fans would be mad. Looks what happened when they tried something different with Mario. God did I hate Sunshine and I don't even care if it is a good quality game. It wasn't the Mario formula and it can suck my balls.

mor911
09-21-2006, 05:27 PM
I don't know, you can say the same thing about first person shooters. That they are a bunch of guns with guys running around and you kill them, then you have to kill more, then you have to kill more and then you have to kill more and then you have to find a key that opens a door so you can kill more and then you beat the game. And those first person shooter fanboys eat them up.

I don't think Zelda can ever stray to far away from the Zelda formula or fans would be mad. Looks what happened when they tried something different with Mario. God did I hate Sunshine and I don't even care if it is a good quality game. It wasn't the Mario formula and it can suck my balls.I'm not defending FPS games. An FPS game has to REALLY look good for me to play 'em. They're boring as all hell. Halo 2 wore out in about a week for me. I think the FPS phenomenon lasted WAY too long.

It's all the same, Final Fantasy games will score well because it's a Final Fantasy game. Zelda games will score well because it's a Zelda game. And Halo games will sell well because it's a Halo game. I think it's bull, but that's how it is.

The IP the game is about should have no bearing on the rating, but that simply isn't true.

Hell, just recently Famitsu gave Final Fantasy XII the highest rating they've ever given a game.... EVER. I doubt that would be so if the name of that game wasn't "Final Fantasy"

Bruzer
09-22-2006, 06:34 AM
I'm not defending FPS games. An FPS game has to REALLY look good for me to play 'em. They're boring as all hell. Halo 2 wore out in about a week for me. I think the FPS phenomenon lasted WAY too long.

It's all the same, Final Fantasy games will score well because it's a Final Fantasy game. Zelda games will score well because it's a Zelda game. And Halo games will sell well because it's a Halo game. I think it's bull, but that's how it is.

The IP the game is about should have no bearing on the rating, but that simply isn't true.

Hell, just recently Famitsu gave Final Fantasy XII the highest rating they've ever given a game.... EVER. I doubt that would be so if the name of that game wasn't "Final Fantasy"

That may be but the day of original games is dying in the fps, adventure, rpg and rts games because it has all been done before. There still will be some new titles but it will never be like the nes and snes days when original games come out monthly. Your now lucky to get 2 a year. Anyways people love the zelda formula why fix what is not broke. The wii will make it more interresting to play also so I really look forward to it.

Stitches
09-22-2006, 07:31 AM
I'm not defending FPS games. An FPS game has to REALLY look good for me to play 'em. They're boring as all hell. Halo 2 wore out in about a week for me. I think the FPS phenomenon lasted WAY too long.

I'd be willing to bet you are right, but to me, that rating just means it should be the best FF game...EVER. So it just gets me excited. I don't usually like to compare games from different genres anyways, because people have different tastes and rate games as such. But if it is the highest rated RPG ever(whic it obviously is), then hooray!

mor911
09-22-2006, 11:56 AM
UPDATE -- GI says that MGS4 is set for a summer 07 release. Granted, this is in Japan so I don't know if that means anything here.

Motion
09-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Titles pencilled in for a 'winter' release include Enchant Arm, Railfan, Fatal Inertia, Sonic the Hedgehog and Need for Speed Carbon.

Hmmm...... I thought that was a given Launch title.

The list grows for a 'summer' release and the rest of 2007, with Everybody's Golf 5, Warhawk, Afrika, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and Coded Arms: Assault all scheduled to appear.

:(

Bruzer
09-22-2006, 03:14 PM
The trialer;'

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13275&type=mov

Very cool I cant wait.

finsrule84
09-22-2006, 04:04 PM

it will probably be delayed. MGS is always released in november

Mike13
09-22-2006, 04:43 PM
*Patssuck456 keeps his fingers crossed for a price drop by the time its out, for this game wil kick ***, yet wonders why Snake looks young at the end.*

Bruzer
09-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Alot of people say its a mask but I don't know. Hideo Kojima loves to throw fans twist with every video and I hate it lol... I cannot wait.

Motion
11-16-2006, 10:39 AM
BestBuy has the release date listed as 1/31/07 :hmmm:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7846245&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat92300050000&id=1142299120748

mor911
11-16-2006, 10:50 AM
BestBuy has the release date listed as 1/31/07 :hmmm:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7846245&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat92300050000&id=1142299120748
there's no way that's right... It'd be the biggest news on the planet

Motion
11-16-2006, 10:53 AM
there's no way that's right... It'd be the biggest news on the planet

I agree

Phin-o-rama
11-16-2006, 11:25 AM
what would be bigger news, is if konami was able to port it to the 360 like the rumors in EGM suggest....supposedly konami wants to, for obvious reasons of selling more copies.....we'll see what happens...

i doubt it happens, but i won't be shocked if it does either....

Motion
11-16-2006, 11:29 AM
what would be bigger news, is if konami was able to port it to the 360 like the rumors in EGM suggest....supposedly konami wants to, for obvious reasons of selling more copies.....we'll see what happens...

Doubtful, if so it will be well after it's PS3 release.

finsrule84
11-16-2006, 02:42 PM

Well, MGS2 got ported to xbox so yes it can. It's not like Kojima has to port it himself, they would most likely do what Tecmo is doing with Ninja Gaiden Sigma (which is not being developed by Team Ninja)