PDA

View Full Version : Reservoir Dogs - Xbox

JuanchoColombia
09-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Well , it's a tradition that every movie-based game sucks, or at least, isn't as good as the movie... an this isn't the exception...

I got the game today, and started playing it after watched the movie (I haven't seen it till today) and it lasted about 1-2 hours untill it got a little repetitive. I will post a short review with what I've seen so far, so if I change my mind later, I'll let you know.

Story: Even though it's based completelly on the movie, you don't play any scene from it; you play the events that are part of the story, but weren't showed in the movie, like what happened in the robbery, or how Mr. Pink managed to escape. I thought this is pretty cool cuz you discover new things about the story, not just replay the same story you've already seen on the movie.

Gameplay: It's a linear non-freeroaming game, still has both, third-person shooter and driving missions:

Shooter Missions: The coolest feature about the shooter missions is the ability to take hostages and threat people to make them do whatever you want them to do, you can even sometimes control the threatened people with the right thumbstick or make them open a safe, a locked door, throw their weapon or bent on their knees... and if a cop doesn't want to cooperate, just beat your hostage with the butt of your weapon.:lol:

The other cool feature is a matrix-like focus thing, but the cool thing about it is that when it's over, starts a little sequence showing who and how do you shoot him... with lots of blood a la tarantino :evil: .

Depending of how do you play the missions you will be ranked with "Psycho" or "Professional" at the end of the mission, I don't know yet if this affects the story like True Crime :confused:

Driving Missions:They suck... badly. The car physics are just awful. Period.

Sound: They did a good job putting the original soundtrack in the game, it helps a lot to feel the movie atmosphere, and some cool effects. About the voices, I think they kinda sound like the original ones, I think the only real one is the Mr. Blonde's one, but I don't know, I don't remember.

Graphics: I think this is one of the biggest flaws of the game, it kinda looks like Max Payne..... a 2001 game :shakeno: . And I don't know why didn't they use the actual character faces :confused:... some of them look stupid, especially Mr. Orange.

Overall(so far):6.5

Amars
09-22-2006, 12:36 AM
to bad its one of my fav movies.

NuttyFin
09-22-2006, 12:44 AM
Well , it's a tradition that every movie-based game sucks, or at least, isn't as good as the movie...

I guess you havent played The Warriors.

Silverphin
09-22-2006, 12:55 AM
I guess you havent played The Warriors.

Or Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2.