PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil - Wii

Phinz420
09-22-2006, 09:08 AM
According to Joystiq - "Resident Evil - Umbrella Chronicles" (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/21/capcoms-resident-evil-consolation-for-wii-best-of-compilatio/)

Resident Evil 5 will be only for X360 & PS3. The Nintendo Wii instead, will have a "Best Of Compilation" type of release with the release of Resident EVil : Umbrella Chronicles. It will be revisiting key areas in the Resident Evil Franchise such as the Mansion in the origional RE, as well as scenarios from RE3: Nemesis, RE:Zero, and RE:4.

Reports are that Umbrella Chronicles will utilize the over-the shoulder camera developed for Resident Evil 4, and there will be a return of the "action-cinematic" scenes from RE4 which will require specific movements with the Wii-Mote instead of boring button combonations. There will also be the return of an arcade mode which was extremly popular in RE4(Mercenaries).

This game could go either way, if Capcom doesnt put enough effort behind this it could be a disaster. However if they were to put a solid RE franchise on the Wii then it could be a very big help for the upcoming console.

There is supposed to be an official update made at the TGS2006, but I have yet to find it from either Gametrailers or Gamespy.

Stitches
09-22-2006, 09:22 AM
So, is it because the Wii has such different system specs/capabilities that RE:5 is only on 360/ps3?

Phinz420
09-22-2006, 09:35 AM
So, is it because the Wii has such different system specs/capabilities that RE:5 is only on 360/ps3?

Both.

The engine for RE5 would not work with the Wii, it would have caused them to write 2 engines for the game, and the Wii version wouldnt of had the freedom it has now with using the Wiimote.

This ensures a unique RE franchise for the Wii, and as long as the effort is put behind it, I dont see why it wont be hugely popular.

Nintendo has said that they hope that 360/PS3 owners would own a Wii as well due to its unique gameplay experience & game catalog, and this announcement falls right in with that strategy.

Stitches
09-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Both.

The engine for RE5 would not work with the Wii, it would have caused them to write 2 engines for the game, and the Wii version wouldnt of had the freedom it has now with using the Wiimote.

This ensures a unique RE franchise for the Wii, and as long as the effort is put behind it, I dont see why it wont be hugely popular.

Nintendo has said that they hope that 360/PS3 owners would own a Wii as well due to its unique gameplay experience & game catalog, and this announcement falls right in with that strategy.

That's why I've said the Wii isn't directly involved in the next gen console "war." The ps3 and 360 are duking it out, and the Wii is like the guy who waits it out and gains where the others lose.

Phin-o-rama
09-22-2006, 09:52 AM
i will get a wii......mostly because of the library of games that will be available....i knocked it at first but after alot of consideration about price and functionality (built in wifi) i think it could be fun...ill throw it on a 57" sony RP and play tennis...:D

i know my wife will literally want mario 1, tetris, and dr. mario...

Phinz420
01-25-2007, 10:05 PM
The upcoming Resident Evil title exclusive for the Wii is named "Umbrella Chronicles". It is set between the games Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Resident Evil 4.

According to the article, 'Umbrella Chronicles' will be set between the events of 'Code Veronica' and 'Resident Evil 4', which suggests that the title will chart the downfall of the infamous Umbrella Corporation. The report also states that three principal characters will feature in the game, including Jill Valentine, and possibly long-standing nemesis Albert Wesker.The gameplay will apparently be the same as that of 'Resident Evil 4'.
http://gamesnews.virgin.net/Virgin/Lifestyle/Games/virginGamesNewsDetail/0,13470,1863337_playbetandwin,00.html

I may be crazy & stupid, but when that is released I will go out and buy a Wii.

Mike13
01-25-2007, 11:47 PM
So it ties together some loose ends ans sets the stage for RE5 correct?

Luckly for me I bought a Wii today and its pretty cool.

RE5 looks bad *** though.