PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo HD 2006

Motion
09-22-2006, 10:56 AM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/733/733728p1.html

Looks like GTHD will be out by the end of the year. If I read that article correctly it sounds like this is just like a sample/online version, and the real deal Gran Turismo 5 will be out in 2008.

mor911
09-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Well this is GT4 upgraded to HD like they showed at E3 right? I hope it's free (or $19.99). This really trips me out because GT4 for PS2 supports up to 1080i. Not very many PS2 and Xbox games support 1080i. This upgrade adds 1080p? One step up? I'm sure they're going to add to the lighting effects and textures. I'm just not really high on paing for an upgraded PS2 game.

Motion
09-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Well this is GT4 upgraded to HD like they showed at E3 right? I hope it's free (or $19.99). This really trips me out because GT4 for PS2 supports up to 1080i. Not very many PS2 and Xbox games support 1080i. This upgrade adds 1080p? One step up? I'm sure they're going to add to the lighting effects and textures. I'm just not really high on paing for an upgraded PS2 game.

From what the article said there will be two different modes on this one. The one will be mostly online play where you actually have to pay for cars and courses. :shakeno:

Stitches
09-22-2006, 11:09 AM
I don't have HD and my ps2 won't read my GT4 disc. So I suprisingly don't care about this GT4. GT5 has me excited if I get a ps3, but I have a 360 and want to see what all the hub-bub is about this Forza franchise. Forza 2 where are you? I need you...

Motion
09-22-2006, 11:12 AM
I don't have HD and my ps2 won't read my GT4 disc. So I suprisingly don't care about this GT4. GT5 has me excited if I get a ps3, but I have a 360 and want to see what all the hub-bub is about this Forza franchise. Forza 2 where are you? I need you...

Yeah, this GT is for the PS3

Forza 2 :drool:

mor911
09-22-2006, 11:45 AM
From what the article said there will be two different modes on this one. The one will be mostly online play where you actually have to pay for cars and courses. :shakeno::eek: The end is near

Motion
09-22-2006, 11:47 AM
:eek: The end is near

:yes: Lame indeed

Unless the "new and improved" SCEA Online is completely free and you pay for individual game additions. Which is lame as well. :lol:

Pagan
09-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Forza 2 will own this game.

One thing that always pissed me off about GT was the fact that they hyped it as the most realistic driving experience, then you get the game and are able to slam into a wall at 170 mph and just bounce off and continue racing with no damage whatsoever.

Lame.

Motion
09-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Forza 2 will own this game.

One thing that always pissed me off about GT was the fact that they hyped it as the most realistic driving experience, then you get the game and are able to slam into a wall at 170 mph and just bounce off and continue racing with no damage whatsoever.

Lame.

:yes: Not to mention I've never felt the physics of the cars were very realistic.

UABfan
09-28-2006, 03:43 PM
I've always loved the series. I just bought a 50" 1080p samsung dlp. I bought some el-cheapo component cables for the ps2 and can now play GT4 in 1080i. some improvement but it doens't look as anywhere good as an xbox 360 game. you still get the jaggies. playing in 16x9 is alot nicer though.

Gran Turismo is probably the only thing that could keep me a loyal Sony fan though. Those Xbox 360s look really good.

Phinz420
09-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Gran Turismo is probably the only thing that could keep me a loyal Sony fan though. Those Xbox 360s look really good.

Gran Turismo + SOCOM + God of War + Final Fantasy = Sony will be able to steal my money for quite some time.

That said, Im not exactly thrilled over this GTHD payment deal. The only thing that might get me to buy GTHD will be how good the online play is.

mor911
09-28-2006, 04:10 PM
:yes: Not to mention I've never felt the physics of the cars were very realistic.Motion's siding with a Microsoft game?!??! The end really is near! :lol:

i kid, i kid

Motion
09-29-2006, 11:24 AM
Gran Turismo + SOCOM + God of War + Final Fantasy = Sony will be able to steal my money for quite some time.

That said, Im not exactly thrilled over this GTHD payment deal. The only thing that might get me to buy GTHD will be how good the online play is.

:shakeno: for making a list of Sony Exclusives without including Metal Gear. :wink:

Motion
09-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Motion's siding with a Microsoft game?!??! The end really is near! :lol:

i kid, i kid

Truth hurts :D I can be objective when I want to, especially when it involves cars. Seriously, the concept of GT and all the stuff you can do is amazing, but when the only difference I feel between my 300hp Honda Civic and my 900hp Nissan Skyline is speed, well then I'm disappointed.

Phinz420
09-29-2006, 12:04 PM
:shakeno: for making a list of Sony Exclusives without including Metal Gear. :wink:

Sorry Bra, while the MGS series definatly is worth the mention - I have too many memories playing the origional MG on the NES to put the franchise in the same class as those other pure exclusives.

It is definatly an awsome franchise and I cannot wait to play the PS3 MG.

Motion
09-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Sorry Bra, while the MGS series definatly is worth the mention - I have too many memories playing the origional MG on the NES to put the franchise in the same class as those other pure exclusives.

It is definatly an awsome franchise and I cannot wait to play the PS3 MG.

Good call, I got hooked on the NES version as well.