PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Wishlist

Motion
09-22-2006, 12:09 PM
I was looking at some of the TGS news and it got me thinking about some games I wish they would make cross platform or games I wish they would bring back or make a sequel.

So this thread is for your top 5 gaming wishes and why......

Motion
09-22-2006, 12:21 PM
1. Shenmue - I really wish they would revive this game. When it first came out for Dreamcast it was supposed to be this huge epic story that would span 10+ games, a la Final Fantasy. And the original truly was one of my all time favorite games. It was one of those games that when you finished it you thought of it as an "experience", not just a video game(yeah I know, sounds really cheesy) :)

2. Far Cry - I really wish they would bring a Far Cry game to PS2, or more likely at this point, PS3. This is some of the most beautiful graphics I've ever seen in a videogame when I saw it on PC. Its now on Xbox and Xbox 360, and coming to the Wii.

3. MGS - Yes I know MGS4 is due out next year and will most likely be the best one yet, but it will also be the last one which is sad. Great franchise.

4. GTA: Vice City Stories - Early reports are that this one won't be ported to a home console, the way Liberty City Stories was. Vice City is by far my favorite GTA game and to expand on that and add new stuff but only make it available on a handheld is a crime IMO. :)

5. NCAA Naming Rights - Seriously the NCAA needs to get over it and let EA put the real names of the players in the videogames! :lol:

Phin-o-rama
09-22-2006, 01:06 PM
i wish ffXII would be on 360

Stitches
09-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Not in order:

1) Final Fantasy VII: Remake it with current gen graphics. It's my favorite FF currently, and I would love to play through with graphics even close to what FFXII has. It would be amazing.

2) NCAA: Naming rights would be really sweet. I wouldn't have thought to put it up here until I saw Motion do it.

3) Virtual ON: That was like my favorite Saturn game, I would love to see it on 360, and done well.

4) Transformers: I like the Atari game on ps2, it was fun, but kind of short. There also weren't a lot of people in it. I'd love to have one on the classic storyline, and an RPG would be friggin sweet also. (I'm lame, I know.)

Lameness continues becasue I don't care if it's a kiddies game, but....

5) Pokemon: I thought the first ones that came out(Red and blue) were a hell of a lot of fun, and a really good RPG. I'd like to see a 3d Pokemon RPG out(maybe on the Wii?), that's just as good(if not better) than the first games.

mor911
09-22-2006, 01:40 PM
5. NCAA Naming Rights - Seriously the NCAA needs to get over it and let EA put the real names of the players in the videogames! :lol: You won't see me post this often, but this one isn't EA's fault. The NCAA restricts the use of player's real names in video games. :D I agree though. They need to let it happen. It'll only raise the awareness of college football.

Majpain
09-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Spore Early release
Beta spot on HGL

Motion
09-22-2006, 02:08 PM
You won't see me post this often, but this one isn't EA's fault. The NCAA restricts the use of player's real names in video games. :D I agree though. They need to let it happen. It'll only raise the awareness of college football.

:yes:

UltraDol-Fan
09-22-2006, 02:31 PM
I'd like to see Scorched Earth on the 360 in the arcade. I actually emailed them about it a while ago and they said they were 'way ahead of me on that' Hopefully that means it's in the works but it could just be BS

mor911
09-22-2006, 02:36 PM
I'd like to see Scorched Earth on the 360 in the arcade. I actually emailed them about it a while ago and they said they were 'way ahead of me on that' Hopefully that means it's in the works but it could just be BS
I'd LOVE some online multiplayer scorched earth action. :yes:

UltraDol-Fan
09-22-2006, 04:02 PM
I NEVER email companies about stuff but Scorched Earth I thought would be too good to pass up. 8 tanks with updated terrain and graphics, I get excited just thinking about it. I would play it non stop!

Link
09-22-2006, 05:04 PM
A new Golden Sun and a sequel to Skies of Arcadia.

Majpain
09-22-2006, 06:17 PM
A new Golden Sun and a sequel to Skies of Arcadia.

You actually liked Golden sun? Ugh I didn't like it that much. Fire Emblem and Tactics Ogre were much better IMO.

Link
09-22-2006, 06:59 PM
You actually liked Golden sun? Ugh I didn't like it that much. Fire Emblem and Tactics Ogre were much better IMO.

Yeah, I loved it. Lost Age especially.

Majpain
09-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I loved it. Lost Age especially.

I wished the Jap GBA versions would come to US! Have you played Tactics Ogre Knights of Lodis?

Link
09-22-2006, 08:07 PM
I wished the Jap GBA versions would come to US! Have you played Tactics Ogre Knights of Lodis?

No, I want Fire Emblem, but saving for the Wii has me broke. :(

Majpain
09-22-2006, 08:13 PM
*Cough* Link I'll send you a PM.

Mike13
09-22-2006, 09:19 PM
No, I want Fire Emblem, but saving for the Wii has me broke. :(

Get Path of Radiance.

Dolfan984
09-22-2006, 09:28 PM
Not in order:

1) Final Fantasy VII: Remake it with current gen graphics. It's my favorite FF currently, and I would love to play through with graphics even close to what FFXII has. It would be amazing.

:yeahthat: x 100000000000000000000000000

Link
09-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Get Path of Radiance.

Yeah, trust me I want to, but I have no money. Its all invested in the Wii and two games.

Majpain
09-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Link come to the darkside. You will love it :P. Which one is the second one? Its sacred stones right?

Link
09-23-2006, 12:31 AM
Link come to the darkside. You will love it :P. Which one is the second one? Its sacred stones right?

Nah, I am going to do the right thing. I will get a job and get those games the right way someday. And yeah I believe it is.

ChrisKo
09-23-2006, 01:35 AM
After watchign some TGS06 trailers, here's the games that were quickly added to my wish list:

White Knight
Lair
Trusty Bell
Lost Odyssey (only CGI in the trailer, but the characters and world they created caught my attention. Looks like it may be a Dynsasty Warrior/Ninety Nine Nights type, which will change my mind as I don't care for that type of game much)
F1

mor911
09-23-2006, 01:42 AM
Lost Odyssey (only CGI in the trailer, but the characters and world they created caught my attention. Looks like it may be a Dynsasty Warrior/Ninety Nine Nights type, which will change my mind as I don't care for that type of game much)
No no no my friend... The gameplay footage is out... It's a turn based RPG that look freaking phenomenal. :eek:

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/6161

WeVie
09-23-2006, 06:11 AM
Two games that I would love to see remade is Bionic Commando that was on the first Nintendo and Golden Axe that was on Sega.

Majpain
09-23-2006, 06:39 PM
How many people are looking forward to Spore?

mor911
09-23-2006, 08:19 PM
How many people are looking forward to Spore?The Mor will Adore Spore you Whore.... get it?

Majpain
09-23-2006, 10:17 PM
The Mor will Adore Spore you Whore.... get it?

MASW? I dun get it Mor :(

mor911
09-23-2006, 10:52 PM
it rhymes

Majpain
09-23-2006, 10:53 PM
it rhymes

Oh lol, I thought the Bold words ment something. Have you heard any recent new on it?

Mike13
09-24-2006, 12:12 AM
No no no my friend... The gameplay footage is out... It's a turn based RPG that look freaking phenomenal. :eek:

That was gameplay? Daaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm.

Majpain
09-24-2006, 12:16 AM
That was gameplay? Daaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm.

Some of it is.

TheMageGandalf
09-24-2006, 01:45 AM
1. Fallout 3 - Bethesda is working on it but it was being made already before Interplay pulled the plug for whatever reason and now Bethesda is making it from scratch.

2. I'd like a remake (I know MS is working on one but problably NOT what I want) of the SNES version of Shadowrun. Genesis version IMO sucked, I want the SNES version.

3. A WING COMMANDER remake ala the 3DO version of Wing Commander 3 Heart of the Tiger.

4. A remake of one of my favorite games of all time: SPACE HULK Vengeance of the Blood Angels for the 3DO.

5. Star Control 4, with a more modern type of melee, but a great story like part 2.

Bruzer
09-24-2006, 08:27 AM
So far only watched a few tgs videos and here is the ones I really want.

My Favorites:
Lair --( I'm into medieval war and such as well as legends like dragons etc.. So this game looks really cool to me. From what I know each level of lair is 4gb so it shows that some games are going to use ps3's blueray to thier advantage.)

Metal Gear Solid -- ( Need I say more? This game looks great as always. As a HUGE fan of mgs series I cannot wait to see whats instore for snakes last battle. There is a possibility kojima said of him handing it off to another creator within the company to continue the series with a new main character. Also the ending of the video threw me for a ride I wonder who the younger snake is? )

Bioshock -- ( I didn't know much about this game before becuase it was not planned for ps3 not that is has been said they will do it I checked the video out. I am somewhat impressed I am glad they are going for a non linear world for once like so many fps's don't. The world looks great and I love the A.I . Although only really one organic enemy has been shown I suspect more to come.)

Zelda -- (Once again need I say more? This is the main reason im getting a wii. The gameplay looks great and uses the wii mote like I hoped it would so I can't wait for it.)

Games I want to hear something from...
Killzone PS3
Star Wars Knight of Old Republic 3 (only small rumors so far)
Star Wars 2007 (Project Name possibly KOTOR 3)
Oblivion Expansion (Im sure there will be one but where is it :D )

Thats my list so far but its slowly growing.

Majpain
09-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Star Wars 2007 looks simply amazing. Did you guys see the leeked Force Powers video? They were demonstrating some force powers on their new engine. Thats a definite buy.

Bruzer
09-24-2006, 11:48 AM
I don't believe it was leaked and anyways its just a cgi video to show what they are going for. What they show is mostly possible so I can't wait. Anything with star wars in it I get excited for lol.

Motion
09-25-2006, 08:06 AM
Metal Gear Solid -- ( Need I say more? This game looks great as always. As a HUGE fan of mgs series I cannot wait to see whats instore for snakes last battle. There is a possibility kojima said of him handing it off to another creator within the company to continue the series with a new main character. Also the ending of the video threw me for a ride I wonder who the younger snake is? )

What video is this? The most recent trailer? I haven't seen this...... :link: :D

Bruzer
09-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Here is the quicktime: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13275&type=mov

Here is the windows media player: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13275&type=wmv

Note: Some say it could be a mask but you never now with kojima. Also its very end of it so dont close until completely done.

Motion
09-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Here is the quicktime: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13275&type=mov

Here is the windows media player: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13275&type=wmv

Note: Some say it could be a mask but you never now with kojima. Also its very end of it so dont close until completely done.

Sweet, thanks. Here's hoping the story goes on!

Bruzer
09-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Yea although Kojima is done after this one im sure hes looking to possibly hand it off to a under study. I just hope whoever replaces him does the game justice.

Motion
09-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Yea although Kojima is done after this one im sure hes looking to possibly hand it off to a under study. I just hope whoever replaces him does the game justice.

:yes:

Dolfan984
09-25-2006, 02:03 PM
1. Fallout 3 - Bethesda is working on it but it was being made already before Interplay pulled the plug for whatever reason and now Bethesda is making it from scratch.

:woot:

Phinsome
09-25-2006, 02:34 PM
I only have one, but its a doozy. Someone needs to make a lacrosse video game. This is one of the fastest growing sports in the country and only one game for PS1 has ever been made (blast lacrosse). That game kind of stunk. It was like playing NHL 95, but it was more difficult. They need to make an updated one and get a franchise started.

Stitches
09-25-2006, 02:58 PM
I only have one, but its a doozy. Someone needs to make a lacrosse video game. This is one of the fastest growing sports in the country and only one game for PS1 has ever been made (blast lacrosse). That game kind of stunk. It was like playing NHL 95, but it was more difficult. They need to make an updated one and get a franchise started.

I don't think it'd be that hard to make. Just take a hockey game, replace the ice with grass, skate with cleats, the sticks with well sticks(crosses), and a ball instead of a puck, oh, and less pads(+ facemasks). I loved playing lacrosse when I played, a game of it would be just as fun as any hockey video game.

ChrisKo
09-25-2006, 04:13 PM

Ahhh the video I watched actualyl cut out right when it switched from CGI to the menu, so I didn't get to see the gameplay elements. It looks like it could be lots of fun, so I'll definately be looking forward to that one.

Bruzer
09-25-2006, 04:15 PM
I think I will be satisfied with a ps3 and wii as there is no xbox games I would want to buy system for. TGS made me just want ps3 more.

mor911
09-25-2006, 04:17 PM
It actually worked the oposite for me. Nothing in TGS for the PS3 (that will release within the next 12 months al least) made me feel like I need one at launch.

Motion
09-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Assassin's Creed, Warhawk, and NFS:Carbon are enough for me. With GT right around the corner and MGS and GTA in the next year.

mor911
09-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Assassin's Creed, Warhawk, and NFS:Carbon are enough for me. With GT right around the corner and MGS and GTA in the next year.Assassin's Creed and Carbon I'll get for 360. I won't spend $600 for Warhawk. Gran Turismo HD is a polished up GT4. No PS3 for me this year. I'll need to have it by the end of next year for MGS4. FFXIII will probably be a late 08 game.

Bruzer
09-25-2006, 05:04 PM
There is nothing that makes me want ps3 at launch but probably a year later the games I would want will be out. Xbox has been out a while and still nothing that would make me want to get a xbox.