PDA

View Full Version : Hear Ye.... Hear Ye....

WharfRat
09-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Attention all FinHeaven shoppers.

It is with great pleasure and apprehension...err .... I mean joy, that I have the honor and privelege to introduce you all to the newest additions to the FinHeaven Staff!

After much consideration, and forethought (actually we just drew names from a hat), we have decided to bring two of our most esteemed (or perhaps gullible) members into the folds of moderationdom (yes... I made that word up).
We tried very hard to find two model citizens who would uphold the tennents of our great community, and be valuable assets to the site. (We couldn't find any, so we just settled for these two)

All kidding aside... without further ado... I give you the newest Moderators of FinHeaven.....

drum roll please...

:abl:

Please give major props (or hearty condolences, as the case may be) for:

CrunchTime and Jt0323!!!

Congratulations guys!

GRT8
09-22-2006, 08:49 PM
:lol:

It is with great pleasure and apprehension...err .... I mean joy, that I have the honor and privelege to introduce you all to the newest additions to the FinHeaen Staff!

After much consideration, and forethought (actually we just drew names from a hat), we have decided to bring two of our most esteemed (or perhaps gullible) members into the folds of moderationdom (yes... I made that word up).
We tried very hard to find two model citizens who would uphold the tennents of our great community, and be valuable assets to the site. (We couldn't find any, so we just settled for these two)

All kidding aside... without further ado... I give you the newest Moderators of FinHeaven.....

drum roll please...

Please give major props (or hearty condolances, as the case may be) for:

CrunchTime and Jt0323!!!

Congratulations guys!

OH LORD!!!!!!!! THE ROOF IS CAVING IN ON ME!!!!:lol: :tantrum: :lol:

CONGRATS!

TotoreMexico
09-22-2006, 08:49 PM
Congrats guys!:clap:

54Fins
09-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Congrats guys.I'm new here so be gentle with me:wink:

cnc66
09-22-2006, 08:54 PM
good choices !!! props boys!!!

Mindwarp
09-22-2006, 08:59 PM
who the hell gave them access.. that person should be fired...

oh wait.. nevermind that was me..

Dolfan984
09-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Congrats you guys. Both you guys are superb members and absolutely deserved it.

Rocky Raccoon
09-22-2006, 09:15 PM
yet another snub for Ace :nono:

but seriously...congrats guys, you both deserve it :wink:

BigDogsHunt
09-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Wow, its amazing what having a big mouth will do for you on this site......Yes, I know you can take that anyway you like. :D

Props boys, and congrats.....outstanding additions!

hof13
09-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Well deserved. Congrats!

Desides
09-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Congratulations to you both!

The Rev
09-22-2006, 09:24 PM
:woot: :woot:

:clap:

Congrats my brothers!

Slappy8800
09-22-2006, 09:36 PM
all my lobbying down the drain :(....this isnt the end...slappy shall rise again like the phoenix, or some other town in arizona

Fin Fan in Cali
09-22-2006, 09:49 PM

but seriously...congrats guys, you both deserve it :wink::sidelol:

Fin Fan in Cali
09-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Congrats to Brothers Jt and Crunch!:wink:

ChrisKo
09-22-2006, 10:00 PM

CrunchTime and Jt0323!!!

Congratulations guys!

Thats it. I quit.

Cannonboy
09-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Congrats and good luck to you both.

_dan24
09-22-2006, 10:53 PM
nice job guys!

Fresh
09-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Congrats, but my snubbed list =

Rocky Raccoon & DD28....... those guys, IMO, really deserve it too. (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?u=9729)

Rocky Raccoon
09-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Congrats, but my snubbed list =

Rocky Raccoon & DD28....... those guys, IMO, really deserve it too.

wow, thanks for the compliment bro :hi5:

Mike13
09-22-2006, 11:41 PM
:clap::clap::clap:Congrats guys, you earned it, but like BP said RR and DD28 should be next in line.

MarinoForPres
09-22-2006, 11:55 PM
congrats!

inFINSible
09-23-2006, 12:01 AM
Congratulations fellas, you both deserve the abuse about to be heaped upon you.

And then some. :chuckle:

Smoke
09-23-2006, 12:29 AM
Congrats guys!

NaboCane
09-23-2006, 01:08 AM
all my lobbying down the drain :(....this isnt the end...slappy shall rise again like the phoenix, or some other town in arizona

:sidelol:

Jt, Crunch...congrats and good luck. Welcome aboard!

GRAPEAPE
09-23-2006, 01:08 AM

but seriously...congrats guys, you both deserve it :wink: I almost had soda coming out miy nose, Good one Rocky!!

Congrats to the both of you.
I guess I can't threaten to fly to the NorthEast and Kick Jt's Narrow *** anymore. Oh well.

Well deserved honor for the both of you guys.

Jt0323
09-23-2006, 01:55 AM
I guess I can't threaten to fly to the NorthEast and Kick Jt's Narrow ***
:chuckle:

:foundout:

lazareth
09-23-2006, 02:13 AM
congrats Jt, Crunch...good luck

fear-the-d
09-23-2006, 02:54 AM
Congratulations guys!:clap:

Celtkin
09-23-2006, 06:15 AM
Congrats, guys. The appointments are good news for FH and well deserved for both of you.

CrunchTime
09-23-2006, 08:21 AM

It is with great pleasure and apprehension...err .... I mean joy, that I have the honor and privelege to introduce you all to the newest additions to the FinHeaven Staff!

drum roll please...

CrunchTime and Jt0323!!!

Congratulations guys!
All I was asking you was if you wanted me to Mod.............ify your sig. and look what it got me.:wink:

Oh well. I cant wait to get my new standard issue Mod PC.

BTW do they come with refills ?

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Philter25
09-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Well Im sure I will get banned for saying this or this thread will be moved because Im not following suit and speaking my opinion but here goes......

In opening: I make this post trying to comply with all terms of TOS and do not mean any disrespect with it whatsoever.

Good choice with Crunchtime. Kudos, I always liked him.

Respectfully, I question JT.... Personally I believe there should be a certain maturity level required to be a mod. I fail to see how someone who hasnt graduated highschool has the maturity level to regulate peoples posts and conversations. Also, another responsibility of a mod is to diffuse situations and I think the ability to set you beliefs and opinions apart from a situation to be able to diffuse it comes with a certain age and level of maturity.

Again, I understand opinions are like buttholes and in the grand scheme of things, my opinion is equivalent to a bucket of poo, but Im sure there were better candidates out there...... maybe those candidates didnt do enough sucking up and constant butt-kissing, who knows.

Again, nothing personal against JT, we have never had beef nor ever butted heads or anything whatsoever, Im not trying to insult you in any way, just disagreeing with the site's decision to make someone who cant even vote in an election a mod.

FINintheMOON
09-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Congrats guys! You are well deserving of the positions!!!

Thank God that I have at least one of you on my buddy list!:lol:

The Rev
09-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Well Im sure I will get banned for saying this or this thread will be moved because Im not following suit and speaking my opinion but here goes......

In opening: I make this post trying to comply with all terms of TOS and do not mean any disrespect with it whatsoever.

Respectfully, I question JT.... Personally I believe there should be a certain maturity level required to be a mod. I fail to see how someone who hasnt graduated highschool has the maturity level to regulate peoples posts and conversations. Also, another responsibility of a mod is to diffuse situations and I think the ability to set you beliefs and opinions apart from a situation to be able to diffuse it comes with a certain age and level of maturity.

Again, I understand opinions are like buttholes and in the grand scheme of things, my opinion is equivalent to a bucket of poo, but Im sure there were better candidates out there...... maybe those candidates didnt do enough sucking up and constant butt-kissing, who knows.

Again, nothing personal against JT, we have never had beef nor ever butted heads or anything whatsoever, Im not trying to insult you in any way, just disagreeing with the site's decision to make someone who cant even vote in an election a mod.

With all due respect, my brother, it's all about quality and not age.You can call this a suck-up all you want, but JT is more than qualified than a lot of other members that are twice his age. He has knowledge of the forum and "backstage" technicalities needed to be successful. I am not defending him (he can fight his own battles) but I think this "level of maturity" is not contingent on his age but on his experiences on this forum. I've seen JT, on more than one occassion, difuse potential volatile situations so let's cut the brother some slack.
Just my opinion. :wink:

inFINSible
09-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Aww, philter.....we'll consider you one day, poor fella. :wink:

jt, and his decision making is in good hands, we will make sure that he learns the ropes properly.

I do think you're way off base about one thing though, age has nothing to do with maturity.

I mean, look at me, isn't it obvious??

jt, is an asset to this site and he cares deeply about what this site is and what it will become. He has gone out of his way personally to help other members get acclimated, and has sought no "fame" for any of his help. In other words, he's proven himself to be motivated for the good of the site and not for his own selfish reasons.That is a key attribute that a moderator must possess and jt seems to have it in spades.

If we had more members like him, this site would only be better for it.

Fin Fan in Cali
09-24-2006, 11:18 AM

Again, nothing personal against JT, we have never had beef nor ever butted heads or anything whatsoever, Im not trying to insult you in any way, just disagreeing with the site's decision to make someone who cant even vote in an election a mod.You are entitled to your opinion. I think Jt will be a great mod. He has a very experienced fellow Mod staff, that will help in his transition. Jt is young, but so are a lot of the members on this board, and there is nothing wrong with that. I have respect for Jt, and I am sure he won't let you, or anyone else down on this great site. The decision was made by the staff, and I support, and believe in there choices.:wink:

Philter25
09-24-2006, 11:38 AM
With all due respect, my brother, it's all about quality and not age.You can call this a suck-up all you want, but JT is more than qualified than a lot of other members that are twice his age. He has knowledge of the forum and "backstage" technicalities needed to be successful. I am not defending him (he can fight his own battles) but I think this "level of maturity" is not contingent on his age but on his experiences on this forum. I've seen JT, on more than one occassion, difuse potential volatile situations so let's cut the brother some slack.
Just my opinion. :wink:

Gracias for the tone of your reply. I was hoping people wouldnt take my post the wrong way. I wasnt trying to insult him at all. Maybe you have seen things that I have not seen which might make me think differently. I do agree that I have seen some younger posters more mature than older posters and I do agree that level of maturity is not always contingent on age, however for the majority of people, maturity and age seem to go hand in hand.

Aww, philter.....we'll consider you one day, poor fella. :wink: :lol: No thanks.

jt, and his decision making is in good hands, we will make sure that he learns the ropes properly.

I do think you're way off base about one thing though, age has nothing to do with maturity.

I mean, look at me, isn't it obvious??

Point well taken. However speaking in generality, age and and level of maturity tend to parallel, although there are some obvious exceptions.

jt, is an asset to this site and he cares deeply about what this site is and what it will become. He has gone out of his way personally to help other members get acclimated, and has sought no "fame" for any of his help. In other words, he's proven himself to be motivated for the good of the site and not for his own selfish reasons.That is a key attribute that a moderator must possess and jt seems to have it in spades.
If we had more members like him, this site would only be better for it.

I couldnt agree more. That wasnt my point. A quality of good moderators I have found was the ability to separate themselves from discussions and diffuse any situations. Thats something I think comes with age and experience and a certain level of maturity. Before college, thats something that most teens lack. Most youngsters when in a debate dont think about diffusing the situation, they think about winning the debate and being right. Heck, I dont want to name names, but some older people even still have this mentality. Its not a bad quality at all, heck I posess it sometimes, its just a quality that I think is most important in a mod. Im sure there might be some behind the scenes stuff Im not aware about, but I wanted to respectfully voice my miniscule opinion.

I again thank you for the tone of your post Darin, I didnt want to turn this thread downhill into a fight and I appreciate the reply.

You are entitled to your opinion. I think Jt will be a great mod. He has a very experienced fellow Mod staff, that will help in his transition. Jt is young, but so are a lot of the members on this board, and there is nothing wrong with that. I have respect for Jt, and I am sure he won't let you, or anyone else down on this great site. The decision was made by the staff, and I support, and believe in there choices.:wink:

Your a good guy FFIC and I think have characteristics of an excellent mod. Pretty much a perfect example of what I was talking about before about diffusing situations. I hope you are correct and I hope he follows in your footsteps. Just stating my concerns and I appreciate the reply.

Fin Fan in Cali
09-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Gracias for the tone of your reply. I was hoping people wouldnt take my post the wrong way. I wasnt trying to insult him at all. Maybe you have seen things that I have not seen which might make me think differently. I do agree that I have seen some younger posters more mature than older posters and I do agree that level of maturity is not always contingent on age, however for the majority of people, maturity and age seem to go hand in hand.

:lol: No thanks.

Point well taken. However speaking in generality, age and and level of maturity tend to parallel, although there are some obvious exceptions.

I couldnt agree more. That wasnt my point. A quality of good moderators I have found was the ability to separate themselves from discussions and diffuse any situations. Thats something I think comes with age and experience and a certain level of maturity. Before college, thats something that most teens lack. Most youngsters when in a debate dont think about diffusing the situation, they think about winning the debate and being right. Heck, I dont want to name names, but some older people even still have this mentality. Im sure there might be some behind the scenes stuff Im not aware about, but I wanted to respectfully voice my miniscule opinion.

I again thank you for the tone of your post Darin, I didnt want to turn this thread downhill into a fight and I appreciate the reply.

Your a good guy FFIC and I think have characteristics of an excellent mod. Pretty much a perfect example of what I was talking about before about diffusing situations. I hope you are correct and I hope he follows in your footsteps. Just stating my concerns and I appreciate the reply. Thanks for the nice comments. No problem. I think we need to give him a chance, and let's see him in action and what he can do.:wink: I have had great interaction with Jt even before I became a Mod.:D

The Rev
09-24-2006, 11:43 AM

:lol: No thanks.

I couldnt agree more. That wasnt my point. A quality of good moderators I have found was the ability to separate themselves from discussions and diffuse any situations. Thats something I think comes with age and experience and a certain level of maturity. Before college, thats something that most teens lack. Most youngsters when in a debate dont think about diffusing the situation, they think about winning the debate and being right. Heck, I dont want to name names, but some older people even still have this mentality. Its not a bad quality at all, heck I posess it sometimes, its just a quality that I think is most important in a mod. Im sure there might be some behind the scenes stuff Im not aware about, but I wanted to respectfully voice my miniscule opinion.

Your a good guy FFIC and I think have characteristics of an excellent mod. Pretty much a perfect example of what I was talking about before about diffusing situations. I hope you are correct and I hope he follows in your footsteps. Just stating my concerns and I appreciate the reply.

:peace: :up:

Jt0323
09-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Id just like to say a few things...first congrats Crunch! You deserve it!

For the people who say I’m too young and immature don’t even know me. I will be 18 in 9 months... There is no age limit when people are mature...People are 30 and still immature while people who are 18 are very mature. I find it funny that the some people who are calling me immature, (not talking about you philter) are holding grudges, from two years ago, and talking about me behind my back. The people who are saying this are from another site and making new names on FH just to say that. If you think about it they are the ones who are immature.

Another thing... Some of you people think I’m a kiss up. I don’t see how. Just because im friendly with Mindwarp? There are only two mods I talk to regularly each day before becoming a mod. Midnwarp and DM. I did not talk to mindwarp just to become mod. I talked with DM and mindwarp because they are active posters of the Graphics Machine. If mindwarp and DM never posted there i would not talk to them as much. Its a bond there. If he shows me something he made I don’t like I’m honest with him. If I don’t like it i tell him what he should change and if i do like it i tell him what i like. I talk to Buddwalk a lot too because of the same reason. We all share a same interest. Its like the people in the Political Forum share a certain bond. Same with the people who post in the “Official Yankee” and Red Sox Threads. I’m also nice to mods like FFIC. Not because I’m a kiss up but because they are nice to me. And if you notice I am not only nice to mods, I am also nice to members who are not mods. The only people I dislike are the Jason Allen Safeties :tantrum: :chuckle: Get to know me before you judge me. Some of you don’t like me for other reasons. That's not my problem, it’s yours. I rarely hold grudges.

CrunchTime
09-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Thanks bro.The same for you.

I just want to point out that this MB was conceived and founded by a 15 yr old . Many of the best Mods on this MB started off very young.

I believe this MB has had success largely BECAUSE of the fresh ideas that the younger members of the staff bring to the table.Finheaven is on the cutting edge of Fan MBs .

The older fans like myself have more experience but there is also a downside as some of the old timers tend to be more set in their ways and resistant to technological innovations.

IMO a mix of youth and experience is the best of all worlds and FH certainly has that on its staff.

Maynard the Hammer
09-25-2006, 12:23 AM
congrats crunch...except now i cant rib you without consequence :)

postermaster
09-25-2006, 01:01 AM
Congrats CrunchTime and Jt0323!!!!

Great achievement!!!

Roman529
09-25-2006, 01:03 AM
Congrats JT and Crunch....excellent choices....good luck fellas!!! :wink:

LittlePaulie
09-25-2006, 01:05 AM
While I don't no Crunch to well I'm sure he'll be great! ROCK ON BUD!

BUT THE JT SIGNING ROCKS! WELCOME NEW MOD LOL!!!!!!!!!:dolphins:
ROCK ON AND BALLS TO THE WALL!

inFINSible
09-25-2006, 07:46 AM
I just want to point out that this MB was conceived and founded by a 15 yr old
That's a very good point, and it should be noted that this is the same young man who made the rules what they are today, before he was jt's age.

NJFINSFAN1
09-25-2006, 08:08 AM
Congrats guys, now get to work!!!!!

PS

JT

Hang in there, its a tough job, just think, 6 more years and you can have a beer!!!!

dolphinfan2k5
09-25-2006, 08:32 AM
Congrats guys!

Majpain
09-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Lmao congrats guys.

In_Flames
09-25-2006, 10:04 AM
congrats guys, you deserve it!!! :wink:

Motion
09-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Good choices, Congrats guys!

dolphan117
09-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Congrats guys, well deserved.

Spray Mucus
09-25-2006, 01:30 PM

NO! JT will not make out with you....

how's that for maturity?

NJFINSFAN1
09-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Id just like to say a few things...first congrats Crunch! You deserve it!

For the people who say I’m too young and immature don’t even know me. I will be 18 in 9 months... There is no age limit when people are mature...People are 30 and still immature while people who are 18 are very mature. I find it funny that the some people who are calling me immature, (not talking about you philter) are holding grudges, from two years ago, and talking about me behind my back. The people who are saying this are from another site and making new names on FH just to say that. If you think about it they are the ones who are immature.

Another thing... Some of you people think I’m a kiss up. I don’t see how. Just because im friendly with Mindwarp? There are only two mods I talk to regularly each day before becoming a mod. Midnwarp and DM. I did not talk to mindwarp just to become mod. I talked with DM and mindwarp because they are active posters of the Graphics Machine. If mindwarp and DM never posted there i would not talk to them as much. Its a bond there. If he shows me something he made I don’t like I’m honest with him. If I don’t like it i tell him what he should change and if i do like it i tell him what i like. I talk to Buddwalk a lot too because of the same reason. We all share a same interest. Its like the people in the Political Forum share a certain bond. Same with the people who post in the “Official Yankee” and Red Sox Threads. I’m also nice to mods like FFIC. Not because I’m a kiss up but because they are nice to me. And if you notice I am not only nice to mods, I am also nice to members who are not mods. The only people I dislike are the Jason Allen Safeties :tantrum: :chuckle: Get to know me before you judge me. Some of you don’t like me for other reasons. That's not my problem, it’s yours. I rarely hold grudges.

I agree with everything you just said except for FFIC!

He cheats, he beat me by one vote in March Madness, and then I would have beat you, now I see whats happening!! It was a mod conspiracy!!!!:rolleyes:

Blade
09-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Congrats to both of you!!!

King Felix
09-25-2006, 03:13 PM
congrats

305TillIDie
09-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Congrats guys :hi5:

PhinsRock
09-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Congrats to both.

Fin Fan in Cali
09-25-2006, 07:49 PM
I agree with everything you just said except for FFIC!

He cheats, he beat me by one vote in March Madness, and then I would have beat you, now I see whats happening!! It was a mod conspiracy!!!!:rolleyes::sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

rob19
09-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Congrats to both of you guy's, very nice choices. I dont know crunch all that well but i always thought jt would be a great mod. Good luck guys.:up:

King Nate
10-01-2006, 07:27 PM
I agree with Jt on some points, but maturity also includes feeling confident in oneself and not feeling like you have to justify yourself or the fact that you are now a mod. Plus maturity reads the original post and understands the poster was not trying to insult you, as he made it very clear, in any way and not taking it personally. Accept it as a constructive type of thing and move on...No need to justify anything......t

What the heck would be the point in hearing only one side of things? Jt was just providing a counterpoint.

And by the way Jt, the Jason Allen Safeties hate you too. :chuckle:

:nana: